Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok then it does take God who gives them the interest.amen

All truth is God's truth
I can't say God "gives them the interest".
If a shiny blue car catches tor eye, does the car give you the interest ?
Our interest in God, or the car, are reactions to some source of stimulus.
In the case of God, His forgiveness and generosity, among other things, is what catches our eye.

If anyone believes that people Christ died for shall yet die in their sins, which Christ already died for, yes they dont believe Christs death saved anyone, and thats unbelief.
Christ died for all men.
Not all men want to partake of that death.
He died for Ananias and Sapphira, but they died in their sin.

Jesus Christ saves sinners, that Salvation converts them, you deny that Christs death saves/converts them He died for, thats unbelief Heb 2:9-10
Christ died for all men.

Who will love God more...the man who is forced to love Him, or, the man who chooses to love Him ?
Forced to rise from the dead? What force could resist the will of God?

Its why its called the great tribulation

The man that chooses to love God having no knowledge prior to hearing His eternal living word.

Hebrews 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

The testimony of faith (the unseen things) . When he sees the blood . . . man looks on the outside temporal . God looks on the heart the eternal.

Exodus 12:23 For the Lord will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the Lord will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

Psalm 58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

Christ died for all men.
You also dont believe in the Sovereignty of God, you believe what men want trumps what God wants, you make men greater than God.

Which again:

If anyone believes that people Christ died for shall yet die in their sins, which Christ already died for, yes they dont believe Christs death saved anyone, and thats unbelief.
But my point is if their in Christ they can't believe Christ's death didn't save anyone despite what you claim they believe.

hebrews 2:9-10 net bible
but we see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while,11 now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death,12 so that by God’s grace he would experience13 death on behalf of everyone. 2:10 For it was fitting for him, for whom and through whom all things exist,14 in bringing many sons to glory, to make the pioneer15 of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

(13)
n Grk “would taste.” Here the Greek verb does not mean “sample a small amount” (as a typical English reader might infer from the word “taste”), but “experience something cognitively or emotionally; come to know something” (cf. BDAG 195 s.v. γεύομαι 2).

hebrews 2:9-10 net bible
but we see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while,11 now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death,12 so that by God’s grace he would experience13 death on behalf of everyone. 2:10 For it was fitting for him, for whom and through whom all things exist,14 in bringing many sons to glory, to make the pioneer15 of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

(13)
n Grk “would taste.” Here the Greek verb does not mean “sample a small amount” (as a typical English reader might infer from the word “taste”), but “experience something cognitively or emotionally; come to know something” (cf. BDAG 195 s.v. γεύομαι 2).
Okay and ?

Okay and ?
"Everyone" as stated. In the context in that's how God chose to forgive sin and that method does not change for anyone. Col 1:20

Clearly salvation is seen by a great many as well, as something that is received through faith. (conditional)
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

This is taught by Christ Himself.
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

More unbelief.
Did or did not Christ die for all men ?
Rom. 5:18..."Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life."

Do or do not all men want to partake of that death ?
Gal. 5:19-21..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Did or did not Ananias and Sapphira die in their sins ?
Acts 5:5..."And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things."
Acts 5:10..."Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband."

I'm beginning to think your whole doctrine is one of unbelief.
You don't seem to believe Jesus died for everybody, in spite of the Heb. verse you keep posting.

You also dont believe in the Sovereignty of God, you believe what men want trumps what God wants, you make men greater than God.
I do believe in the sovereignty of God.
Man may think of himself as greater than God here and now, but in the end God will be shown supreme.
Not one single disobedient man will be found in the book of life, or granted eternal life.

"Everyone" as stated. In the context in that's how God chose to forgive sin and that method does not change for anyone. Col 1:20

Clearly salvation is seen by a great many as well, as something that is received through faith. (conditional)
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

This is taught by Christ Himself.
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Everyone in Heb 2:9-10 is the elect, sheep and everyone of them He takes to Glory as the Captain of their Salvation.

Ananias and Sapphira ?
For sure.
Those posers didn't believe God would punish evil doers.
Man has his duty to perform to/for God in order to be found in the book of life on the last day.
Its your unbelief, its you who says that Christ tasted death for sinners that will still die in their sins. That means you dont believe Jesus Christs death saved anyone, which is unbelief.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back