Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
@hopeful2

Jesus did His part flawlessly.

Yes, thats why what He did actually brings them He did it for to Heaven Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation
perfect through sufferings.

However your Christ dishonoring view says Christ did His Part flawlessly but yet it didn't save anyone, which is unbelief.

Yep, He is there for anyone who wants an advocate with God.

"Could be", not "is".
It is entirely up to him whether or not he seeks God's intercession.

I see nothing wrong with your para-phrasing.

You are correct, as my own para-phrasing illustrates what you can't see.
We could substitute the name and occupation of any man since Christ into the verse and it would still mean the same thing.
His advocacy is available to all men who want it.

Show his indication of 100% efficiency.

Only everyone alive during, and after, Christ's death and resurrection.

Jesus did His part flawlessly.
He stand ready to advocate for anyone who desires His advocacy.
But not all desire it.

Yep, many....not all.

That Muslim, and billions of others, were/are not part of the "many".

If the man didn't want it, he won't get it.
Do you think that you would be where you are now if you didn't want it ?

Jesus' advocacy is 100% efficient...for those who desire His advocacy.

I am glad you included what is required for us to profit from Jesus' sacrifice: "believing", "doing the truth", and "not leaving the Father's hand".

He never was, or wanted to be, in Father's hand.

You should have included the question Jesus was answering in John 6:29...
28 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?"
It doesn't look at all like Jesus is forcing them to believe.
As I have been saying all along, it is a choice we must make in order to be converted, and in the end, saved.

Your opening sentences makes Jesus to be a failure, and here is why:

First, Hopeful 2, let’s look at John's Apostolic testimony, then your testimony, but first, John's testimony:

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
(1 John 2:1-2)

We have been corresponding about the unbelieving dead Muslim man of 1502AD.

Now, let’s examine your testimony:
The Moslem is the “any man” of 1 John 2:1.

We must desire advocacy to get advocacy.

Since you successfully testified that the unbelieving dead Muslim man is that “any man” of 1 John 2:1-2, then combining that with your testimony of “We must desire advocacy to get advocacy” above, in effect, results in your testimony overriding the Apostle John’s testimony into

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone, even the unbelieving Muslim man, sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, as long as anyone desires Christ’s advocacy, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world, even the unbelieving Muslim man.
(Hopeful 2)
which is no longer the Apostle John’s testimony recorded in 1 John 2:1-2 because your testimony requires the underlined text in the passage thus converting the passage into your own testimony. You just compare and contrast your testimony (your interpretation in blue letters) here with the Apostle John’s testimony (Source post).

The conclusion of your testimony is that Christ fails to cover the sins of that son of hell (Matthew 23:15) unbelieving long-dead Muslim man of 1502AD despite the Apostle John indicating 100% success for Christ in 1 John 2:1-2, so Christ’s advocacy failed upon that man’s death per your testimony.

Your testimony that the “anyone” and “the whole world” in 1 John 2:1-2 are everyone everywhere in all time shows your belief that Christ is a FAILURE (see this post for a detailed explanation).

The Apostle John’s and my testimony that the “anyone” and “the whole world” in 1 John 2:1-2 are exclusively current believers and/or future believers shows our belief that Christ is always a SUCCESS!

Second, Hopeful 2, we find in the Book of Hebrews:

we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings
(Hebrews 2:9-10)
But, in your writing, we find:
Then he won’t be saved on the day of judgement.
So, when you wrote “Then he won’t be saved on the day of judgement”, then you conveyed that you believe:
we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for that unbelieving dead Muslim man. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory which includes bringing that unbelieving dead Muslim man to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation including the perfection of that unbelieving dead Muslim man’s salvation through sufferings
(your conveyance Hopeful 2)
Therefore, you convey that Jesus attempted to perfect that unbelieving dead Muslim man’s salvation, but the Jesus you preach failed miserably to perfect the salvation of that “son of hell” (Matthew 23:15), so, in effect, you believe Jesus is a colossal failure; in other words, the Jesus that you preach is so weak that he is incapable of perfecting the salvation of people for whom he tries perfects salvation, so the Jesus you preach has null and void perfection of salvation (see this post for a detailed explanation).

In contrast to what you believe, Lord Jesus succeeds 100% of the time in His propitiating advocacy as well as His perfection of salvation in us children of God, so the long dead unbelieving Muslim man is not included in the “everyone” (Hebrews 2:9-10) nor “the whole world” (1 John 2:1-2),

Third, Hopeful 2, the Word of God says:

for God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that every one believing in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
(John 3:16)
And,

he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God
(John 3:21)
And,

This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(John 6:29)
And,

I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand
(John 10:28)
But, in your word, we find:
Jesus, in a manner, put the “credit card” on the table to be used by whoever wants it.
Just because most won’t do what it takes to use that “credit card” doesn’t make the “card” a failure.
The “credit card” is His suffering and death.
In effect, you believe the long dead unbelieving Muslim man (being "the world" in John 3:16) was snatched out of the Sovereign God and Lord Jesus Christ's hand (see John 10:30), so, by extension, you believe that Jesus Christ is an extraordinary failure and A DECEIVER (see this post for a detailed explanation).

My Loving Lord and God Jesus Christ causes every Christian to believe in Him (John 6:29), and He causes every single good deed of every Christian (John 3:21), so we Christians are entirely dependent upon Lord Jesus at all times (John 10:30). PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS GRACE, AMEN!

Hopeful 2

Yes it does, Christ gives Repentance as Saviour Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Everyone Christ tasted death for He brings them to Glory Heb 2:9-10

He gives them repentance, and that causes them to repent, that's what the Saviour does.
I see it more like the tasting of death for all men.
Jesus provides something all men can avail themselves of.

BTW, you misquoted your Heb. 2:9-10 scripture.

@hopeful2
Yes, thats why what He did actually brings them He did it for to Heaven Heb 2:9-10
You fail to take into account what men do with the gifts, if anything at all.
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation
perfect through sufferings.

However your Christ dishonoring view says Christ did His Part flawlessly but yet it didn't save anyone, which is unbelief.
Jesus' acts and gifts will save all who submit to God.
The "credit card" is on the table, courtesy of the Lord.
But if somebody doesn't pick it up and use it, it is worthless to them.

Your opening sentences makes Jesus to be a failure, and here is why:

First, Hopeful 2, let’s look at John's Apostolic testimony, then your testimony, but first, John's testimony:
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.​
(1 John 2:1-2)​

Since you successfully testified that the unbelieving dead Muslim man is that “any man” of 1 John 2:1-2, then combining that with your testimony of “We must desire advocacy to get advocacy” above, in effect, results in your testimony overriding the Apostle John’s testimony into
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone, even the unbelieving Muslim man, sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, as long as anyone desires Christ’s advocacy, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world, even the unbelieving Muslim man.
(Hopeful 2)​
which is no longer the Apostle John’s testimony recorded in 1 John 2:1-2 because your testimony requires the underlined text in the passage thus converting the passage into your own testimony. You just compare and contrast your testimony (your interpretation in blue letters) here with the Apostle John’s testimony (Source post).

The conclusion of your testimony is that Christ fails to cover the sins of that son of hell (Matthew 23:15) unbelieving long-dead Muslim man of 1502AD despite the Apostle John indicating 100% success for Christ in 1 John 2:1-2, so Christ’s advocacy failed upon that man’s death per your testimony.

Your testimony that the “anyone” and “the whole world” in 1 John 2:1-2 are everyone everywhere in all time shows your belief that Christ is a FAILURE (see this post for a detailed explanation).

The Apostle John’s and my testimony that the “anyone” and “the whole world” in 1 John 2:1-2 are exclusively current believers and/or future believers shows our belief that Christ is always a SUCCESS!

we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings​
(Hebrews 2:9-10)​

So, when you wrote “Then he won’t be saved on the day of judgement”, then you conveyed that you believe:
we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for that unbelieving dead Muslim man. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory which includes bringing that unbelieving dead Muslim man to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation including the perfection of that unbelieving dead Muslim man’s salvation through sufferings”​
(your conveyance Hopeful 2)​
Therefore, you convey that Jesus attempted to perfect that unbelieving dead Muslim man’s salvation, but the Jesus you preach failed miserably to perfect the salvation of that “son of hell” (Matthew 23:15), so, in effect, you believe Jesus is a colossal failure; in other words, the Jesus that you preach is so weak that he is incapable of perfecting the salvation of people for whom he tries perfects salvation, so the Jesus you preach has null and void perfection of salvation (see this post for a detailed explanation).

In contrast to what you believe, Lord Jesus succeeds 100% of the time in His propitiating advocacy as well as His perfection of salvation in us children of God, so the long dead unbelieving Muslim man is not included in the “everyone” (Hebrews 2:9-10) nor “the whole world” (1 John 2:1-2),

for God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that every one believing in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life
(John 3:16)​
And,
he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God
(John 3:21)​
And,
(John 6:29)​
And,
I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand
(John 10:28)​

In effect, you believe the long dead unbelieving Muslim man (being "the world" in John 3:16) was snatched out of the Sovereign God and Lord Jesus Christ's hand (see John 10:30), so, by extension, you believe that Jesus Christ is an extraordinary failure and A DECEIVER (see this post for a detailed explanation).

My Loving Lord and God Jesus Christ causes every Christian to believe in Him (John 6:29),
What happened with Hitler and Stalin ?
and He causes every single good deed of every Christian (John 3:21), so we Christians are entirely dependent upon Lord Jesus at all times (John 10:30). PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS GRACE, AMEN!
There is a clue..."of every Christian".
Not all men are willing to do what it takes to be a Christians.
Jesus' acts and gifts are wasted on those who would rather serve sin than the Lord and His Father..

Not all men are willing to do what it takes to be a Christians.
Jesus' acts and gifts are wasted on those who would rather serve sin than the Lord and His Father..

There is no exception that places the dependency upon man in Hebrews 2:9-10 nor in 1 John 2:1-2, so your thoughts revealed in your post results in:

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
(1 John 2:1-2)

The Moslem is the “any man” of 1 John 2:1.

We must desire advocacy to get advocacy.

(Hopeful 2)

we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings
(Hebrews 2:9-10)
Then he won’t be saved on the day of judgement.
we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for that unbelieving dead Muslim man. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory which includes bringing that unbelieving dead Muslim man to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation including the perfection of that unbelieving dead Muslim man’s salvation through sufferings
(your conveyance Hopeful 2)

(John 3:16)
And,

(John 3:21)
And,

(John 6:29)
And,

(John 10:28)
Jesus, in a manner, put the “credit card” on the table to be used by whoever wants it.
Just because most won’t do what it takes to use that “credit card” doesn’t make the “card” a failure.
The “credit card” is His suffering and death.

My Loving Lord and God Jesus Christ causes every Christian to believe in Him (John 6:29), and He causes every single good deed of every Christian (John 3:21), so we Christians are entirely dependent upon Lord Jesus at all times (John 10:30). PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS GRACE, AMEN!

I see it more like the tasting of death for all men.
Jesus provides something all men can avail themselves of.

BTW, you misquoted your Heb. 2:9-10 scripture.
Christ tasted death for men bringing them to Glory as the Captain of their Salvation Heb 2:9-10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

You fail to take into account what men do with the gifts, if anything at all.

Jesus' acts and gifts will save all who submit to God.
The "credit card" is on the table, courtesy of the Lord.
But if somebody doesn't pick it up and use it, it is worthless to them.
Christ tasting death for men brings them to God, Heb 2:9-10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory
, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

His taste of death for them, actually saved them unto Glory, Yet you deny it, which is unbelief

Christ tasted death for men bringing them to Glory as the Captain of their Salvation Heb 2:9-10
Jesus tasted death for ALL MEN.
Hardly any of them have elected to walk in thanksgiving for His amazing sacrifice.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Christ tasting death for men brings them to God, Heb 2:9-10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory
, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

His taste of death for them, actually saved them unto Glory, Yet you deny it, which is unbelief
I could never believe your misreading of scripture.
Jesus' suffering and death were meant to convert and save all men alive since Jesus walked among us.
Accepting that truth is necessary in order to profit from it.
We have a part to play in our own salvation.
A part too costly for most.

Kermos

What most of mans religion dont understand is that all for whom Christ is an advocate for means they are saved, redeemed, Justified and covered by His Blood, thats why He is their advocate 1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Jesus tasted death for ALL MEN.
Hardly any of them have elected to walk in thanksgiving for His amazing sacrifice.
All the men Christ tasted death for are saved.

I could never believe your misreading of scripture.
Jesus' suffering and death were meant to convert and save all men alive since Jesus walked among us.
Accepting that truth is necessary in order to profit from it.
We have a part to play in our own salvation.
A part too costly for most.
You deny the saving death of Christ, thats unbelief

Kermos
What most of mans religion dont understand is that all for whom Christ is an advocate for means they are saved, redeemed, Justified and covered by His Blood, thats why He is their advocate 1 Jn 2:1-2
As men must request that advocacy, you are close to correct.
By "close", I mean they must still endure faithfully until the end in order to actually be saved.
All the men Christ tasted death for are saved.
Jesus tasted death for Hitler and Stalin, but to no avail.
They were not interested in submitting to anyone.

I don't understand how you can say that.
I believe that those who permanently repent of sin and get water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remisssion of past sins will find their names in the book of life on the last day.

As men must request that advocacy, you are close to correct.
By "close", I mean they must still endure faithfully until the end in order to actually be saved.

Jesus tasted death for Hitler and Stalin, but to no avail.
They were not interested in submitting to anyone.
All for whom Christ tasted death for are saved and will be brought to Glory Heb 2:9-10 if you dont believe that you in unbelief.

I don't understand how you can say that.
I believe that those who permanently repent of sin and get water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remisssion of past sins will find their names in the book of life on the last day.
Easily, thats how I can say that, you believe people Christ died for shall yet die in their sins, so you dont believe His death saved anyone, thats unbelief.

God as Christ cannot die.

You must mean tasted as suffered "unto death" not dead never to rise. God does not except dead sacrifices.

The spiritless blood must be poured out to show spirit life was given in jeopardy of the Fathers Holy Spirit

The same Spirit he poured out on dead flesh signified as sinful in jeopardy of his own life

Lifeless blood returns to the dust and the temporal spirit returns to God.

If a person is given a new born again spirit, they will rise on the last day under the sun.

The beginning of the three day and night demonstration of suffering tasting unto death (not dead)

Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Was he dead when he was suffering? We are healed by his wounds again not by a dead Body.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

God as Christ cannot die.

You must mean tasted as suffered "unto death" not dead never to rise. God does not except dead sacrifices.

The spiritless blood must be poured out to show spirit life was given in jeopardy of the Fathers Holy Spirit

The same Spirit he poured out on dead flesh signified as sinful in jeopardy of his own life

Lifeless blood returns to the dust and the temporal spirit returns to God.

If a person is given a new born again spirit, they will rise on the last day under the sun.

The beginning of the three day and night demonstration of suffering tasting unto death (not dead)

Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Was he dead when he was suffering? We are healed by his wounds again not by a dead Body.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Yes after Christ tasted death for His People, He rose from the dead, thats where and why they receive Spiritual life in their Salvation

All for whom Christ tasted death for are saved and will be brought to Glory Heb 2:9-10 if you dont believe that you in unbelief.
I don't believe your misreading of Heb. 2.
Jesus did die for all who will be brought to glory, but nobody is denied access to that gift.
Any one can avail themselves of the gift.
Most won't do what it takes to profit from Christ.

Easily, thats how I can say that, you believe people Christ died for shall yet die in their sins, so you dont believe His death saved anyone, thats unbelief.
He died for "all men", as Heb 2:9 says.
But not all men will reciprocate the loving life style necessary for their salvation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back