Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tasted Death for every Man !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MadJW: Contrary to Christ, who said his Father was the ONLY true God.

I gave you many scriptures that teach us who Jesus Christ is.

You have ignored them all.

JLB

The fact that Jesus Christ is God embodies the faith of all orthodox Christianity. What you say is outside of that and thus a different religion. If you wish to know more about Christianity then you couldn't find a better place. This is a CHRISTIAN forum.
Hi Daniel,

Keep in mind that much of what is taught today was not orginailly orthodox. If we use this standard one could say much of what is taught today is another religion.

Hi Daniel,

Keep in mind that much of what is taught today was not orginailly orthodox. If we use this standard one could say much of what is taught today is another religion.
Are you saying you don't believe in the deity of Christ? It is the foundation of our faith.

Are you saying you don't believe in the deity of Christ? It is the foundation of our faith.
Then you are mistaken, and .go against what Christ taught.

Please use scripture from an authorized translation, and indicate the translation in you post.

Don’t post pictures or cartoons from JW website or affiliate.

Use a link to the source if you post information.

JLB

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you are mistaken, and .go against what Christ taught.

View attachment 11448
All cults have the same thing in common and that is to try and tear down who Christ is. All Christians have one thing in common and that is Christ is God. I belonged to a cult myself. That's why I was the first one to identify you as Jehovah's witness. I know it when I see it because I was a cultist too and even worked as a de-programmer.

And yet every church is a cult.
Which one do you belong to, O conceited one?

Cult

Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate

1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : the object of such devotion c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

And yet every church is a cult.
Which one do you belong to, O conceited one?

Cult

Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate

1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : the object of such devotion c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion
Cults = Jesus is not God
Christianity = Jesus is God
It is simple.
This is a Christian forum for those following/searching/asking about Christ.
You are not a Christian.
You are here recruiting for a cult.

It appears this a CHURCH forum, not a Christian forum.
No. This is a Christian forum and not a Jehovah's Witness cult forum. You are posting here to recruit and visitors to this forum seeking Christ are in danger of being led into your confusion of who Christ is. You are in the wrong forum.

Hi wondering,

The "church fathers" you refer to are those of a church I don't belong to anymore. Based upon the names you've used
I think I know which one it is. So, no, my trust for learning about things spiritual is in the Bible alone.
Are you referring to the Catholic Church...or the Universalist Church...the only church that existed after Jesus died and the Early Fathers took over the role of the Apostles after their death. Other little groups of church sprung up,,,but they were gnostic or heretical in some way.

Lucky for us, the CC kept heresies out of the original church.

If you don't trust these persons,,,the same ones that put together the bible you read...
WHO do you trust?

Which person are you trusting your soul to right now?

If you ask me,,,this is a nice cop out for you.
I've noticed that calvinists come here ready to do battle and then just give up.

You quote the beliefs of John Calvin all through your posts.
Who is HE that you should listen to anything he states?

If you're trusting the bible alone...you're misunderstanding it since you post odd ideas that
are not part of mainline Christianity.

For instance....we're being saved by our own faith.
Jesus was faithful to the Father,,,,but we must have our own faith in order to be saved.
You posted a verse that does not mean what you think it does...
Whatever happened to Ephesians 2:8 ??

Christ is the SERVANT of God.

View attachment 11452
Was Jesus not doing the Father's will when He was on earth?
If we do someone's will, are we not their servant at that moment?
Jesus served Father for what Father wanted to do.
Jesus was MORE than a servant...He was The Lamb of God...
who takes away the sins of the world.
John 1:29

You've neglected to reply to my post no. 647

Here it is again. A reply will be appreciated.

Post 647:

What I think is not important.
However there are those that do think important ideas.

One group would be the Apostles.
Should we not believe them?
Why?

Another group is those that came immediately after them and were taught by them,,,the Apostalic Fathers. Should we not believe them either?
Why?

Both groups died horrible deaths.
Why would they want to for lies?

Why are you mad at Jesus for what
THEY taught??

God is no one's servant, nor high priest, nor sacrificial lamb, nor mediator, etc, etc, etc
1. If you wish to speak to someone, please tag them: put the @ sign before their name.

2. Are you going to answer my post? Maybe you can't?

3. If you think Jesus isn't God...you don't have to serve Him or worship Him.
But, if He is...God Father is going to be pretty upset with your sect.
As I've said before,,,what you're doing is blasphemy.

Also, Butch5 is correct.
You're not winning any listeners here.

Back