Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Tasted Death for every Man !

The judgments of Mat 25:34 and Mat 25:41 (that you quoted) pertain to "spirit" and "flesh" respectively. They're the same judgments that Paul pronounced on the unregenerate person in Corinth, here:

1Co 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5 to deliver up such a one to the Adversary for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

This particular judgment is being spoken against a person defined as "wicked". A worker of iniquity and lawlessness whom David spoke of in Psa 5:5 and Psa 11:5. This person was not only wicked but also "violent" towards his father, by violating his own father's wife in fornication, which even Gentiles are hesitant to do.

1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

If you'll also notice, this particular person is "without", ie: one whom God (Jesus Himself) will judge. He is to be put away for judgment. This is not a "saved" man. This was an unregenerate man, who will be saved in spirit through the destruction of the flesh. This particular individual needs no faith or repentance in this life in-order to be "saved" in judgment. He only needs to die (the day of his division) when flesh returns to dust and the spirit returns to God.

Job 34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.

Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Those are beautiful words my friend.
Unfortunately you in deep error.

I'm asking you one more time, do you believe all mankind will be saved from their sins? Yes or No. Don't be scared to answer.
I thought I answered you the first time in my post. You don't seem too "bright", so I'll say it again:

All humanity will be saved according to the spirit.
All humanity perishes according to the flesh.

Does this trouble you?

Last edited:
All humanity will be saved according to the spirit.

Really? Does this sound like all humanity will be saved?

[Rev 20:12 KJV] 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[Rev 20:14 KJV] 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[Rev 20:15 KJV] 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Really? Does this sound like all humanity will be saved?

[Rev 20:12 KJV] 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
[Rev 20:14 KJV] 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[Rev 20:15 KJV] 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Not all of the man/soul is or will be saved. The flesh perishes according to it's works. For those of faith, the flesh has already been crucified subjectively with Christ. But this is not the case with the unbeliever. The unbeliever will be saved through death (repentance) and judgment.

The spirit of man does not perish. It's essence is derived directly from God (Gen 2:7).

Not all of the man is or will be saved. The flesh perishes according to it's works. For those of faith, the flesh has already been crucified subjectively with Christ. But this is not the case with the unbeliever. The unbeliever will be saved through death (repentance) and judgment.

The spirit of man does not perish. It's essence is derived directly from God (Gen 2:7).

Huh? Not "all of the man"? A person is either is saved or they're not - there is no middle ground.
Did you read Rev 20:15 in my post? Here it is again. Do you see the "whosoever" and the "cast into the lake of fire" parts? The lake of fire IS THE SECOND DEATH, and they will be cast into it. How could it be any clearer that those not in book of life will be cast into it?

Last edited:
Huh? Not "all of the man"? A person is either is saved or they're not - there is no middle ground.
Did you read Rev 20:15 in my post? Here it is again. Do you see the "whosoever" and the "cast into the lake of fire" parts? The lake of fire IS THE SECOND DEATH, and they will be cast into it. How could it be any clearer that those not in book of life will be cast into it?

Was your flesh crucified with Christ?

For the elect, it didn't have to be, that was the whole point of Christ as Saviour - it was of/by Christ, not of/by us.
How does that relate to Rev 20:15?
The term "flesh" is simply another descriptor for the phrase "old man" used by Paul. And, the "old man" is/was crucified with Christ (Rom 6:6).

The flesh/old man was not "saved" nor was it reconciled to God. Consequently, only part of man is "saved" and reconciled to God. The flesh was condemned/crucified with Christ.

The atonement is universal for all in Christ (Col 1:16). When Christ was crucified for our sins, all in Him were crucified with Him (Rom 8:3 and Gal 2:20), and when Christ was justified in Spirit (1Ti 3:16) all were justified too, with Him (Rom 5:18).

Unfortunately, our theology is just too far apart to have any meaningful discussion about this.

Last edited:
Well then, what do you call this ?:

1Co 5:5 to deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Is this person classified as being "saved" or "unsaved/destroyed". Part of the person is being destroyed (flesh). And, part of the person is being saved (spirit).

Well then, what do you call this ?:

1Co 5:5 to deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Is this person called "saved" or "unsaved". Part of the person is being destroyed (flesh). Part is being saved (spirit).

The "flesh" is the desire of natural man (which desire we were all born with), to justify ourselves
by the law before God by our works - i.e. it is the works of the flesh, or flesh's works. It does not literally mean the destruction of someone's flesh, if that's what you had in mind. That destruction (the ceasing from one's works) occurs to all of the elect. However, those who bring law back into the Christ's congregation, by so doing, bring back in the flesh (works of law) thereby leavening the gospel. Those who attempt to do so, are to be cast from the congregation.

[Gal 5:19 KJV] 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

The term "flesh" is simply another descriptor for the phrase "old man" used by Paul. And, the "old man" is/was crucified with Christ (Rom 6:6).

The flesh/old man was not "saved" nor was it reconciled to God. Consequently, only part of man is "saved" and reconciled to God. The flesh was condemned with Christ.

The atonement is universal for all in Christ (Col 1:16). When Christ was crucified for our sins, all in Him were crucified with Him (Rom 8:3 and Gal 2:20), and when Christ was justified in Spirit (1Ti 3:16) all were justified too, with Him (Rom 5:18).

Unfortunately, our theology is just too far apart to have any meaningful discussion about this.

Yes, it does indeed seem that we are very far apart.

The "flesh" is the desire of natural man (which desire we were all born with), to justify ourselves
by the law before God by our works - i.e. it is the works of the flesh, or flesh's works. It does not literally mean the destruction of someone's flesh, if that's what you had in mind. That destruction (the ceasing from one's works) occurs to all of the elect. However, those who bring law back into the Christ's congregation, by so doing, bring back in the flesh (works of law) thereby leavening the gospel. Those who attempt to do so, are to be cast from the congregation.

[Gal 5:19 KJV] 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Yes, I'm also using the term "flesh" in a similar manner. I'm not speaking of the physical body per se, and I've stated this in previous posts.

The "flesh", as I'm using the term, is not, will not, and cannot be saved. Nor was it ever meant to be saved or reconciled to God.

Paul also refers to the "flesh" as being the "carnal mind", the "old man", the "natural man", the body of "death" within us. That's how I'm using the term "flesh".

Jesus didn't die on the cross to save "death", but rather to saves us "from death", to "abolish death". This "death" is also called the "last enemy" (1Co 15:26) and is scheduled for destruction, that God may be the all in all (1Co 15:28).

Yes, I'm also using the term "flesh" in a similar manner. I'm not speaking of the physical body per se, and I've stated this in previous posts.

The "flesh", as I'm using the term, is not, will not, and cannot be saved. Nor was it ever meant to be saved or reconciled to God.

Paul also refers to the "flesh" as being the "carnal mind", the "old man", the "natural man", the body of "death" within us. That's how I'm using the term "flesh".

Jesus didn't die on the cross to save "death", but rather to saves us "from death", to "abolish death". This "death" is also called the "last enemy" (1Co 15:26) and is scheduled for destruction, that God may be the all in all (1Co 15:28).

Jesus died on the cross to take us from under law, without which, there can neither be sin nor death - but He did so, not for everyone, but only for His elect.

but He did so, not for everyone, but only for His elect.
The elect are all in Him. All are elect in Christ.

All things were created "in Christ" (not "by", but rather "in", Gk. ἐν αὐτῷ), and "through Christ" and "for Christ".

Those three prepositional phrases are all being used by Paul in Col 1:16. The universal language that Paul calls "all things" is staring you directly in the face.

And not only, it even gets better. Also, all things have consisted in Christ (Col 1:17) and are reconciled to Christ (Col 1:20). Even death itself, called "the last enemy" is "reconciled" by being abolished and destroyed by Christ (1Co 15:26).

Back