Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Tasted Death for every Man !

He tasted death for all who won't come to glory too.

I believe the scriptures, but your interpretations are suspect.
He tasted death for them He brings to Glory Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He tasted death for them He brings to Glory Heb 2:9-10
Thanks be to God !
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
If only all men would avail themselves of it.

He died and tasted death for everyone, as scripture says.
He tasted death for everyone He brings to Glory Heb 2:9-10

Thanks be to God !

If only all men would avail themselves of it.
False teaching. Those He tasted death for He brings them to Glory Heb 2:9-10

He tasted death for everyone He brings to Glory Heb 2:9-10

Agreed.
Some He died for believe it.

False teaching. Those He tasted death for He brings them to Glory Heb 2:9-10

You must be seeing the word "only" in there someplace.
He died for all.
But not all will follow Him.

Agreed, but the believers will show their belief by their actions.
Has nothing to do with their actions, and please this thread isn't about the christian life after conversion. There are other forums for the chrisian life after conversion. This thread is examining who Christ died for according to Heb 2:9

I disagree.
Were it "spiritual" hearing there would be no need for anybody to speak it.
"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Heb 10:14)
Why did Christ say the following? What do they mean? And why weren't those He spoke to able to understand?
Read closely the parts that inform they could not hear - not that they chose not to hear, nor that were
novices at it, nor that it was new to them - but because they were "not of God". It would not have made any difference how many times the gospel was preached or explained to them, they nevertheless would still not have been able to comprehend it. In Mat 13:16, we are informed that for them to have been able to hear, their ears first had to have been
blessed by God, otherwise they would not have been able to.

[Jhn 8:43, 47 KJV]
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my word. ...
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.

[Mat 13:16 KJV]
16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

[Jhn 10:26-27 KJV]
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

[Jhn 9:27 KJV] 27
He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear [it] again? will ye also be his disciples?

Only those given ears to hear can truly hear/perceive the gospel. Those who don't have ears to hear always
predicate the gospel upon it being of their works instead of upon God's. Why? Because they can't spiritually hear the true message that is at its core.

Speaking it is one method that God has chosen to communicate the gospel. Nevertheless, if those
being spoken to do not have ears to hear, then it falls upon deaf ears.

You are including the convert's growth in grace and knowledge with the initial presentation of the Lord.
Lets keep the horse in front of the cart.
No. Unless born again, no one can correctly comprehend the gospel.
Please read these verses closely because they are very important, especially v14 -

[1Co 2:13-14 KJV]
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

* Natural man is unsaved man

Has nothing to do with their actions, and please this thread isn't about the christian life after conversion. There are other forums for the chrisian life after conversion. This thread is examining who Christ died for according to Heb 2:9
OK, He died for everyone.
As it is written..."But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man." (Heb 2:9)
If Jesus had not died, He wouldn't have qualified to be the sacrificial Lamb of God.
Without that sacrifice, we would still be dependent on goats, sheep, and bulls to atone for our sins.

Why did Christ say the following? What do they mean? And why weren't those He spoke to able to understand?
Read closely the parts that inform they could not hear - not that they chose not to hear, nor that were
novices at it, nor that it was new to them - but because they were "not of God". It would not have made any difference how many times the gospel was preached or explained to them, they nevertheless would still not have been able to comprehend it. In Mat 13:16, we are informed that for them to have been able to hear, their ears first had to have been blessed by God, otherwise they would not have been able to.

[Jhn 8:43, 47 KJV]
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my word. ...
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.

[Mat 13:16 KJV]
16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

[Jhn 10:26-27 KJV]
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

[Jhn 9:27 KJV] 27
He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear [it] again? will ye also be his disciples?

Only those given ears to hear can truly hear/perceive the gospel. Those who don't have ears to hear always
predicate the gospel upon it being of their works instead of upon God's. Why? Because they can't spiritually hear the true message that is at its core.
(That is a side issue, as some don't even want to hear anything about God.
Their "predication" is non-existent.)
Speaking it is one method that God has chosen to communicate the gospel. Nevertheless, if those
being spoken to do not have ears to hear, then it falls upon deaf ears
No. Unless born again, no one can correctly comprehend the gospel.
You have the cart in front of the horse.
Please read these verses closely because they are very important, especially v14 -
[1Co 2:13-14 KJV]
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

* Natural man is unsaved man
The natural men Paul writes of are those who refused the gospel.
And, he is writing to natural men who are no longer "natural".
Paul is writing to the converted about the unconverted.
If there were spiritual men on earth before their conversion, there would have been no need for Jesus, or Paul.
What could Jesus provide that they didn't already have, being spiritual men?

I guess the question then, is who is a real believer?
If God has already chosen some men, and rejected others, how can anyone know which they are?

(That is a side issue, as some don't even want to hear anything about God.
Their "predication" is non-existent.)

That's a part of not hearing. And you didn't answer my questions about not being able to hear spiritually.

You have the cart in front of the horse.

Nope. First saved/born again, and from that, faith, spiritual hearing/spiritual discernment, etc comes. Salvation brings faith and knowledge; faith and knowledge doesn't bring salvation.

The natural men Paul writes of are those who refused the gospel.
And, he is writing to natural men who are no longer "natural".
Paul is writing to the converted about the unconverted.
If there were spiritual men on earth before their conversion, there would have been no need for Jesus, or Paul.
What could Jesus provide that they didn't already have, being spiritual men?

All unsaved refuse the gospel. They refuse it because they were not given, nor do they possess, spiritual discernment -
that was my whole point.
Didn't you read the " neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned", part of the verse?

Of course, Paul was writing to those saved, the unsaved, being natural man, could/would not be able to
comprehend what Paul was telling them. He was providing instruction and edification to those already saved so that
they gain an understanding of their salvation. So, unless saved, natural man cannot understand.

Here, these verses explain it further. They tell us that unless someone is first born again, they do not have a spiritual mind that can perceive the things of God, and not perceiving the things of God, they will not believe in true gospel, nor desire salvation on the basis of the gospel. Therefore, only certain people - those who are given that understanding by God - can truly believe in it. As we are informed in Luk 1:77 (below), a true knowledge of salvation comes only to those whom Christ died for, by which, their sins are remitted, and they gain spiritual discernment - salvation first, discernment after.
In other words, no one can even know the true salvation unless and until their sins are first forgiven. Notice
the "unto his people". That means Christ has a certain people, and it is they alone who's sins become remitted, so remittance being only unto them, is not given to/for everyone.

[1Co 2:12 KJV] 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

In is impossible for someone to truly know salvation until and unless their sins are first remitted.

[Luk 1:77 KJV] 77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

OK, He died for everyone.
As it is written..."But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man." (Heb 2:9)
If Jesus had not died, He wouldn't have qualified to be the sacrificial Lamb of God.
Without that sacrifice, we would still be dependent on goats, sheep, and bulls to atone for our sins.
He died for everyone He brings to glory Heb 2:9-10

So if one doesnt get brought to Glory, He didnt taste death for them

Back