Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tasted Death for every Man !

You understand neither salvation, nor grace, nor Christ. I thought I had you on ignore.
Not sure how you slipped by.
What's the problem?
You can't handle my common sense?
God is logical.
Is the reformed faith logical?

God decrees EVERYTHING,,,
but we're still responsible for sin.

Yeah. That's logical.

What's the problem?
You can't handle my common sense?
God is logical.
Is the reformed faith logical?

God decrees EVERYTHING,,,
but we're still responsible for sin.

Yeah. That's logical.

You are illogical because you continue to insist on doing that which is the undoable and you
don't realize it - you are completely ignorant to the doctrine of Christ.
I have no intention on engaging in dialogue with you because you are spiritually blind and without understanding.

Then it is a of a person's works, and if of works, then they are the workers of law being under law, and not under grace. It can't be both ways at the same time.

[Rom 4:4 KJV] 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

[Phl 3:9 KJV] 9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

[Jas 2:10 KJV] 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.
Why would it matter?
As long as it isn't by the works of the Law, (circumcision, dietary rules, tithing, feast keeping, sabbath keeping, etc.); who cares how my conversion came about?

Bad example. A correct example would be based upon that if someone were actually dead, not drowning, but fully dead, would they be able to reach out? No, not if they're dead. If someone were lying dead, completely unable to help themselves in any way - totally oblivious, yet someone happens by with a magic antidote, administers it to him, bringing him to life, who has done it? Did the dead person do it or contribute to it in any way? No! So, who is the one responsible for bringing the dead person to life? The one with the antidote.

The Bible makes abundantly clear that before becoming saved we were spiritually dead in sin - dead, dead, oblivious to our condition, as a physically dead person is oblivious to their condition. We are unable to assist in any way with our own rescue and solely dependent upon, and at the mercy of, the rescuer. Observe:

[Eph 2:1 KJV]
1 And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

[Eph 2:5 KJV]
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

[Col 2:13 KJV]
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Are you as blind to all the parables?

Bad example. A correct example would be based upon that if someone were actually dead, not drowning, but fully dead, would they be able to reach out? No, not if they're dead. If someone were lying dead, completely unable to help themselves in any way - totally oblivious, yet someone happens by with a magic antidote, administers it to him, bringing him to life, who has done it? Did the dead person do it or contribute to it in any way? No! So, who is the one responsible for bringing the dead person to life? The one with the antidote.

The Bible makes abundantly clear that before becoming saved we were spiritually dead in sin - dead, dead, oblivious to our condition, as a physically dead person is oblivious to their condition. We are unable to assist in any way with our own rescue and solely dependent upon, and at the mercy of, the rescuer. Observe:

[Eph 2:1 KJV]
1 And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

[Eph 2:5 KJV]
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

[Col 2:13 KJV]
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
You have enough insults for me.
Very telling BTW.
Someone forgot to tell you that you're supposed to Live your Christianity, not just talk about it.
Be not only hearers of the word, but doers of the word.

But You have a problem too.
You have trouble distinguishing from
Physically dead
To
Spiritually dead.

Dead in your sins means spiritually dead.
We can still move our arms and hear and Think.

I agree.
But many others have forsaken the gifts available to them.

Jesus died.
Anyone who will submit to Him will be saved.
Just because most don't want to be saved, doesn't mean Jesus didn't die for them.
No sir you deceived, Jesus taste of death will bring to glory everyone He died for, and the ones going to hell He didnt die for, He didnt taste death for.

You have enough insults for me.
Very telling BTW.
Someone forgot to tell you that you're supposed to Live your Christianity, not just talk about it.
Be not only hearers of the word, but doers of the word.

Physically dead
To
Spiritually dead.

Spiritual death is worse, its seperatin from God who is Spirit. People can be functioning well physically but still be dead. Jesus once said of physically alive people Matt 8:22

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

It takes a Sovereign act of Gods Grace, Spirit and Power to make one alive from Spiritual death. Everyone Christ died for and rose again for, shall be made alive from the dead by the New birth, then they hear Spiritually and follow Christ.

I just can't agree with a doctrine that makes missionary work unnecessary.
"God has His quota already picked out and we have nothing to do with any of it"...according to Calvin.
Kind'a makes Jesus' suffering and death on our part, pointless.
Missionary work is most necessary for the sake of the elect, for the Gospel of their Salvation is sent to them first and foremost, hence Paul the Missionary wrote 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
Paul was told to preach in Corinth because of this Acts 18:9-11

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

So your comment is senseless in view of scripture.

Why would it matter?
As long as it isn't by the works of the Law, (circumcision, dietary rules, tithing, feast keeping, sabbath keeping, etc.); who cares how my conversion came about?

Those aren't eternal laws; they are earthly temporal laws.

Anything that you believe is a requirement that you must DO in order to receive salvation, places you under the law of works - the law of sin and death - otherwise, it couldn't/wouldn't be a requirement without there being a law. If it has to be done to become saved, then a law lies at the end it - otherwise it wouldn't have to be done.
Those under Christ are under no law of any kind for salvation. It is given to them as a gift.

Last edited:
Physically dead
To
Spiritually dead.

No, I don't. Because your reply makes an overt error, I will reply to it, but this is it.
Not that it will do any good but read these verses. Read v1:77 below closely - that for someone to have knowledge of
salvation their sins FIRST have to be remitted? That means they were spiritually dead before then, and because of that, completely oblivious the tenets of salvation, and salvation itself. Christ had to first save them, and from/by that, they receive spiritual life and knowledge. In other words, Christ had to administer the antidote (salvation) on their behalf of the spiritually dead to bring to life the things of the spirit, without which, they would have no spiritual knowledge. Neither physical intellect nor human thinking plays any part whatsoever in spiritual discernment.

[Luk 1:77-78 KJV]
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

Are you as blind to all the parables?

Exactly which biblical parable(s) did you have in mind? The biblical parable about swimming out to rescue a drowning swimmer parable - I couldn't find that one in the Bible? You just can't make up your own parables, especially if they don't accurately reflect the object of the parable. Did you see the verses I included about being spiritually dead in sin? That's not alive but drowning, that's dead.

No sir you deceived, Jesus taste of death will bring to glory everyone He died for, and the ones going to hell He didnt die for, He didnt taste death for.

Still waiting for your answer.

I dont know what you mean after reading your post, which is why Im asking you a simple question.

If "man" is not in the original manuscript as you claim then it would read...

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every... Hebrews 2:9 KJV

Again, if "man" or "everyone" is not in the original manuscript, then who did Jesus taste death for:

Angels?
Animals?
Other?

JLB

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every... Hebrews 2:9 KJV

Again, if "man" or "everyone" is not in the original manuscript, then who did Jesus taste death for:

The "everyone" is everyone the Father gave to the Son for salvation. No others.

[Jhn 6:39 KJV] 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

I don't feel that everyone Jesus died for will be saved.
I was an auto-mechanic so I could fix everyone's car, but not everyone brought their car to me to be fixed.

Missionary work is most necessary for the sake of the elect, for the Gospel of their Salvation is sent to them first and foremost, hence Paul the Missionary wrote 2 Tim 2:10
Then Calvinism is hooey.
It is necessary to reach out to everybody on earth with the message.
God doesn't pre-choose who will be saved or not saved.

Those aren't eternal laws; they are earthly temporal laws.

Anything that you believe is a requirement that you must DO in order to receive salvation, places you under the law of works - the law of sin and death - otherwise, it couldn't/wouldn't be a requirement without there being a law. If it has to be done to become saved, then a law lies at the end it - otherwise it wouldn't have to be done.
Those under Christ are under no law of any kind for salvation. It is given to them as a gift.
I MUST hear and obey.
Circumcision, and dietary rules, etc. don't matter anymore.

I don't feel that everyone Jesus died for will be saved.
I was an auto-mechanic so I could fix everyone's car, but not everyone brought their car to me to be fixed.
It doesnt matter what you feel, the ones Christ died for, tasted death for shall be brought to Glory Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

rogerg

Very well said !

Back