Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tasted Death for every Man !

Actually I am reading what the scripture actually says, verses what you are saying.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. Hebrews 2:9

• by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

His sacrifice was for everyone in the world, not just a select few.

Those who hear and believe will be saved.

Those who do not believe will not be saved.

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. John 3:36

JLB
The ones who Christ tasted death for shall hear and believe because those are fruits and effects of His bringing them to Glory, which His death effects Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory,
to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

You are trying to reason away, and reinterpret, the plain teaching of Scripture so it agrees with your opinions. Man's opinions have no power over God and His Word.

Lord Jesus is the Savior. And according to the Gospel of the NT Scriptures, Lord Jesus saves those who believe in him. That is the plain to understand Gospel, no matter how much you detest it.

John 3:14-18 (WEB)
14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him.
18 He who believes in him is not judged.
He who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

That is God's Sovereign Plan of Salvation - the Gospel by which God saves us. God saves whosoever will believe in His Son. That is the will (John 6:40), desire (John 3:14-18), and good pleasure (1 Corinthians 1:21) of the Father.

1 Corinthians 1:21 (WEB) For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

Very plain to understand. Take God at His word.
One has to be saved before they can believe the Gospel, for the Gospel is hid to them that are lost so they cant believe 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now you take God at His word !

The ones who Christ tasted death for shall hear and believe because those are fruits and effects of His bringing them to Glory, which His death effects Heb 2:9-10

Those are your own made up words.

You add to the scriptures with your words, and then “tag” your words with a scripture reference.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. Hebrews 2:9-10

JLB

JLB

Those who do not believe will not be saved.

Thats True, because them that dont believe weren't of Christs Sheep whom He died for, thats why they dont and cant believe Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

He laid down His Life for the Sheep, He tasted death for the Sheep, they become believers because He takes them to Glory.

JLB

Those are your own made up words.

Heb 2:9-10 are the words of scripture

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory,

One has to be saved before they can believe the Gospel, for the Gospel is hid to them that are lost so they cant believe 2 Cor 4:3-4

More of your adding to the scriptures your own words add tagging your own words with a scripture reference.

Yes those who are lost, are indeed lost because their mind has been blinded.

It’s by the preaching of the Gospel message of Jesus Christ that they receive light.

Only by hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ can a person be saved.

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. 2 Corinthians 4:3-5

No where does any scripture anywhere in the Bible say a person is saved first then they believe later.

JLB

More of your adding to the scriptures your own words add tagging your own words with a scripture reference.

Yes those who are lost, are indeed lost because their mind has been blinded.

It’s by the preaching of the Gospel message of Jesus Christ that they receive light.

Only by hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ can a person be saved.

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. 2 Corinthians 4:3-5

No where does any scripture anywhere in the Bible say a person is saved first then they believe later.

JLB
The Gospel is hid to them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3

The lost can never believe it, because its hid. The word hid here is in the perfect tense, so its done once and for all !

Thats True, because them that dont believe weren't of Christs Sheep whom He died for, thats why they dont and cant believe Jn 10:26

Again, you use no scripture but your own words, and tag your own words with a scripture reference.

But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:26-28

• Those who hear and follow the Lord are His sheep.

No one is His sheep without first hearing then following (obeying His voice).

Jesus Christ died for the whole world.

Only those who believe will be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

JLB

It is man's disobedience toward God for a person to think that the person "drinks," "lives," "walks," and/or "sows" to the Spirit according to the person's own power instead of the Power of God Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) because the Apostle Peter truthfully attributes obedience of Christians to the Blessed Holy Spirit of God with "God, the souls of you having purified in the obedience to the truth through Spirit, into a sincere love of the brethren" (1 Peter 1:21-22).

The man who thinks he causes his own "drinks," "lives," "walks," and/or "sows" to the Spirit is the person practicing the deed of the flesh called idolatry (Galatians 5:19-21).

The power of God onto salvation is always accessed by our faith - from the beginning to the end.

Romans 1:16-17 (WEB) 16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, because it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek. 17 For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, “But the righteous shall live by faith. [Habakkuk 2:4]

All the Passages I quoted and listed for you to consider were written to Christians who already have the Spirit indwelling them. Spirit indwelt believers are obligated to live by the Spirit indwelling us to receive life (Romans 8:12-13). See again the Passages I listed in that post:

>>>>>

setst777 said:
The Christian is admonished to "drink," "live," "walk," and "sow" to the Spirit without giving up to receive eternal life from the Spirit.

Unfortunately for many Christians who refuse to drink, live, walk, and sow to the Spirit by their disobedience.

Not all Christians will remain in the faith and so will not continue to walk by the Spirit. Christians may not remain faithful, and so, they will:

Galatians 6:7-9 (EWEB) 7 Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap destruction. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{{from the Spirit}}} reap eternal life. 9 Let {{us}} not be weary in doing good, for {{we}} will reap in due season, {{if we}} do not give up.
  • The Spirit is not obligated to live by the Spirit to receive Life; rather,
  • The Christian is obligated to live by the Spirit to receive Life.
Romans 8:12-14 (ENIV) 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, {{{we}}} have an obligation – but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

The Spirit does not drink, live, walk, and sow to the Spirit for us.

Therefore, the “Promise” and “Guarantee” of Eternal Life by the Spirit is only for those who persevere in the faith, manifested by walking in the Spirit, which is each Christian's responsibility - according to the Scriptures. Not all Christians will remain faithful, and so will quench and insult the Spirit dwelling in them.

Hebrews 4:1 (WEB) {{{Let us}}} fear therefore, lest perhaps anyone of you should seem to have come short of a promise of entering into His Rest.

Hebrews 4:11 (EWEB) 11 {{{Let us}}} therefore give diligence to enter into that Rest, lest anyone fall after the {{same example of disobedience}}.

Hebrews 6:11-12 (EWEB) 11 We desire that {{{each one of you}}} may show the same diligence to the fullness of hope even to the end, 12 that you won’t be sluggish, but imitators of those who through {{{faith and perseverance}}} inherited the promises.

>>>>>

The Gospel is hid to them that are lost 2 Cor 4:3

Our gospel is hid.

The preaching of the Gospel brings the light of salvation.

The lost can never believe it, because its hid. The word hid here is in the perfect tense, so its done once and for all !

Those who are lost must believe and be saved.

Paul is saying they have not believed and therefore they are perishing.

The only way a person can be saved, is by believing the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.

• He who believes in the Son has everlasting life
  • he who does not believe the Son shall not see life

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.
John 3:36

JLB

I once was, but the Advocate got me out of there, thanks be to God !

In effect, you wrote that you are NO longer a part of "the whole world" as represented in the sentence "the whole world lies in the evil one" (1 John 5:19), so you think that "the whole world" does not include you right there.

You publicly admitted that "the whole world" does not mean every person everywhere in all time, so you admit that context matters in relation to the word "world".

Let's return to the other occurrence of "the whole world" in the First Book of John:

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
(1 John 2:1-2)

Your free-willian philosophy holds that "the whole world" means every person everywhere In all time, but the passage states anyone's sins are propitiated by the Advocate, so according to free-willian philosophy this means even unbelievers sins are propitiated because of the Advocate, WHICH MEANS THE PROPITIATION BY THE ADVOCATE FAILS FOR SOME PEOPLE (UNBELIEVERS) RESULTING IN THOSE PEOPLE GOING TO HELL UNDER FREE-WILLIAN PHILOSOPHY, so the Advocate is too weak to save all people for whom He advocates under the free-willian precept that "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 (and hence "anyone" in 1 John 2:1) is absolutely everyone in all time.

The Advocate that you preach about is not the Advocate about whom the Apostle John proclaims.

In Truth (John 14:6), the Advocate has a 100% success rate, not losing a single person; in other words, no one is snatched out of the Advocate's Hand - every single advocation succeeds - the Advocate imparts eternal life and we recipients of Life do absolutely nothing, not even a choice, to receive Life in Christ Jesus (John 10:28, John 15:16), so "the whole world" in 1 John 2:2 is exclusively people who believe in Jesus by the Power of God and people who will believe in Jesus by the Power of God.

This is Spiritual Truth (John 14:6)!

Praise be to Lord Christ who mercifully and graciously does it all to save and sanctify His own people!

Last edited:
Again, you use no scripture but your own words, and tag your own words with a scripture reference.

But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. John 10:26-28

• Those who hear and follow the Lord are His sheep.

No one is His sheep without first hearing then following (obeying His voice).

Jesus Christ died for the whole world.

Only those who believe will be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

JLB
A person doesnt believe because they are not the Sheep of Christ, they are the reprobate Jn 10:26

Our gospel is hid.

The preaching of the Gospel brings the light of salvation.

Those who are lost must believe and be saved.

Paul is saying they have not believed and therefore they are perishing.

The only way a person can be saved, is by believing the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.

• He who believes in the Son has everlasting life
  • he who does not believe the Son shall not see life

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.
John 3:36

JLB
Yes the Gospel the Apostles Preached, like Paul, that Gospel is hid to them that are Lost, permanently 2 Cor 4:3

The lost man is the natural , unregenerate man, and he cannot understand the Gospel 1 Cor 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Gospel is foolishness to the lost man !

Christ tasted death for everyone (John 3:16), so that, those who believe will be saved.

John 3:16 (WEB) 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

But not everyone Christ died for will believe (John 3:18), and so, they remain condemned.

John 3:18 (WEB) 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

Christ tasted death for everyone (John 3:16), so that, those who believe will be saved.

John 3:16 (WEB) 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

But not everyone Christ died for will believe (John 3:18), and so, they remain condemned.

John 3:18 (WEB) 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.
The ones Christ tasted death for shall be brought by Him to Glory, its guarenteed Heb 2:9-10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory
, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

The power of God onto salvation is always accessed by our faith - from the beginning to the end.

Romans 1:16-17 (WEB) 16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, because it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek. 17 For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, “But the righteous shall live by faith. [Habakkuk 2:4]

All the Passages I quoted and listed for you to consider were written to Christians who already have the Spirit indwelling them. Spirit indwelt believers are obligated to live by the Spirit indwelling us to receive life (Romans 8:12-13). See again the Passages I listed in that post:

>>>>>

setst777 said:
The Christian is admonished to "drink," "live," "walk," and "sow" to the Spirit without giving up to receive eternal life from the Spirit.

Unfortunately for many Christians who refuse to drink, live, walk, and sow to the Spirit by their disobedience.

Not all Christians will remain in the faith and so will not continue to walk by the Spirit. Christians may not remain faithful, and so, they will:

Galatians 6:7-9 (EWEB) 7 Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap destruction. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{{from the Spirit}}} reap eternal life. 9 Let {{us}} not be weary in doing good, for {{we}} will reap in due season, {{if we}} do not give up.
  • The Spirit is not obligated to live by the Spirit to receive Life; rather,
  • The Christian is obligated to live by the Spirit to receive Life.
Romans 8:12-14 (ENIV) 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, {{{we}}} have an obligation – but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

The Spirit does not drink, live, walk, and sow to the Spirit for us.

Therefore, the “Promise” and “Guarantee” of Eternal Life by the Spirit is only for those who persevere in the faith, manifested by walking in the Spirit, which is each Christian's responsibility - according to the Scriptures. Not all Christians will remain faithful, and so will quench and insult the Spirit dwelling in them.

Hebrews 4:1 (WEB) {{{Let us}}} fear therefore, lest perhaps anyone of you should seem to have come short of a promise of entering into His Rest.

Hebrews 4:11 (EWEB) 11 {{{Let us}}} therefore give diligence to enter into that Rest, lest anyone fall after the {{same example of disobedience}}.

Hebrews 6:11-12 (EWEB) 11 We desire that {{{each one of you}}} may show the same diligence to the fullness of hope even to the end, 12 that you won’t be sluggish, but imitators of those who through {{{faith and perseverance}}} inherited the promises.

>>>>>

Faith/Belief inside of Christians is the work of God because the Word of God says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29), not man controlling faith/belief in a person (Ephesians 2:8-10), but in Truth (John 14:6) God controls faith/belief in the children of God!

The Christ's words in John 6:29 were proclaimed to you a few posts back, so you are without excuse (Romans 1:20).

Your free-willian philosophy holds that man controls faith/belief in Jesus, but that philosophy rejects the Word of God recorded in John 6:29 resulting in free-willian philosophy being a tradition of men leading to worship in vain for free-willians (Matthew 15:9).

Yes the Gospel the Apostles Preached, like Paul, that Gospel is hid to them that are Lost, permanently 2 Cor 4:3

The lost man is the natural , unregenerate man, and he cannot understand the Gospel 1 Cor 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Gospel is foolishness to the lost man !

They are lost because they refused to believe.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (ENIV) They perish because {{they refused to love the truth}} and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned {{who have not believed the truth}} but have delighted in wickedness.

Regarding "1 Corinthians 2:14"

The whole New Testament is the Instruction Manual for Christians; so, if a person is not a Christian, of course the Instruction Manual is foolishness to him, because it does not apply to him.

However, regarding the Gospel, it was meant to be understood and believed in by sinners, for the Word (Romans 10:17) and the Spirit (John 16:8) work together to convict the world of sin, and draw them to Christ (John 12:32).

John 16:7-8 (WEB) 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I don’t go away, the Counselor won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he has come, he will convict the world about sin, about righteousness, and about judgment

Romans 10:17-18 (WEB)
17 So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, didn’t they hear? Yes, most certainly, “Their sound went out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” [Psalm 19:4]

But many who are drawn will resist the Spirit (John 7:51), and will refuse the Gospel Invitation (Romans 10:21).

Matthew 22:3 (ENIV) He sent his servants to those who had been invited [those of Elect Israel] to the banquet to tell them to come, but {{they refused}} to come. ...

Romans 10:21 (WEB) 21 But about Israel he says, “All day long I stretched out my hands to a disobedient and contrary [obstinate] people.” [Isaiah 65:2]

Acts 7:51 (WEB) You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do.

So, since many of those in Elect Israel refused the Gospel Invitation, the Lord sent us into the whole world to invite anyone to Salvation through faith.

Matthew 22:9-10 (WEB) 9 Go therefore to the intersections of the highways, and as many as you may find, invite to the wedding feast.’

Acts 13:47 (WEB) 47 For so has the Lord commanded us, saying, ‘I have set you as a light for the Gentiles, that you should bring salvation to the uttermost parts of the earth.’” [Isaiah 49:6]

Last edited:
Faith/Belief inside of Christians is the work of God because the Word of God says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29), not man controlling faith/belief in a person (Ephesians 2:8-10), but in Truth (John 14:6) God controls faith/belief in the children of God!

The Christ's words in John 6:29 were proclaimed to you a few posts back, so you are without excuse (Romans 1:20).

Your free-willian philosophy holds that man controls faith/belief in Jesus, but that philosophy rejects the Word of God recorded in John 6:29 resulting in free-willian philosophy being a tradition of men leading to worship in vain for free-willians (Matthew 15:9).
  • All through the Epistles, we learn that our faith is NOT a work.
  • No Passages teaches us that God gives anyone the faith to be saved.
  • God calls the world to believe in the Son to have life (John 3:16).
So, whatever is meant by what Jesus wrote in "John 6:29" cannot refute all those other Passages that teach us that our faith in Christ is not a work?

So, the context of "John 6:25-29" is not a teaching that faith is a work. That is not the intent of the context.

John 6:25-29” In response to the Jews asking Jesus what “work” must they do to be saved, Jesus answers them that the work of God (what God requires) is that they believe in him.

Firstly, Lord Jesus is not teaching that God is giving a person faith, or that faith is a work; rather, Lord Jesus used their own words as a backdrop by which to respond to them. He was answering their question as to the “work” required, which is to believe in him.

Secondly, to believe is not a work according to all the Scriptures; but, works are the result of an authentic faith.

Thirdly, Faith itself is an abstract activity of the mind and heart committing one’s self to Lord Jesus, and of which baptism represents, before one work is ever done as a Christian.

Receiving the gift of life by an authentic Gospel Faith is not a work; rather, by faith we begin a new life of discipleship that we committed to as a believer in Lord Jesus, dead to the old master, and rising to a new life in Christ. Good works are the result of that authentic faith (Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 2:11-14; Galatians 5:24-25). That is the New Life.

In summary:
John 6:25-29” is the only Passage that Calvinists can point to in an attempt to prove that faith is a work. However, their interpretation of “John 6:25-29” contradicts all the other teaching in the NT that faith is not a work. But works are the result of a Gospel Faith in Lord Jesus.

You added your words again to scripture, and tagged your words with a scripture reference.

Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart. But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:1-6

Paul was lost. Paul was a Pharisee who persecuted the Church.

Paul eventually became saved.

No where in scripture does it say the Gospel is hid permanently to them that are lost.

They way a person is saved is by believing the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.

JLB

setst777

They are lost because they refused to believe.

Thats evidence that they were never Christ sheep that He tasted death for Jn 10:26

Them whom Christ didnt die for, the non sheep, cannot believe because they are lost and the Gospel is hid from them 2 Cor 4:3

Back