Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Tasted Death for every Man !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You are saying Jesus failed His Part, for His Part is taste death for them He died and bring them to Glory. Heb 2:9-10
You must have misread my post.
I said..."Jesus did His part, dying to take away the sin of the world, so I can't say He failed at anything."
But without our participation, His effort was fruitless.
Jesus didn't fail: those who rejected Him failed.

False Gospel you are witnessing to, Jesus by His death sanctified them He died for, not make it possible Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Again you deny the efficacy of Christs death, unbelief
While I see no harm in your misunderstanding of what is written in Heb 2, or 10, to keep fighting over interpretations of it is pointless.
Jesus' death and resurrection is available to all men.
Not all men will avail themselves of the sacrifice and will be condemned on the day of judgement.

When Christ died, it purged away the sins of them He died for, they are Justified from all sin, regardless of their condition Heb 1:3
Didn't He die for the sinners of the world ?
He gave everybody the opportunity of eternal life.
But we must want it, and submit to Him, to profit from it.
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
He accomplished that by Himself, but you deny it, its unbelief
I don't deny it.
Why do you deny that not everyone availed themselves of it ?

The ungodly Christ died for, their sins are purged away by Him, so they are sin free Heb 1:3
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

AW Pink writes on Heb 1:3
The prophets said repentance is necessary for salvation. So did the King and his witness is greater,

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spakein time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things,by whom also he made the worlds....THEREFOREwe ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. .....WHEREFOREas the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts Heb. Take heed, brethren,lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Heb.2:1,3:1,7-8,12

Jesus didn't abolish repentance. He preached repentance.

Are you not glad that Jesus made it possible to live without sinning ?
Free from the flesh, free from the Law, free from condemnation because we walk in the Spirit now !
I am !
Yes and it wouldn't be possible if,

every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; Heb.2:2

Our Savior could have invoked the law against those who conspired to murder him.

The idea that people can "believe in Jesus" and continue slapping him in the face is heresy.

When Christ died for them, it purged away their sins Heb 1:3 so they are Justified from sin
If they don't repent of sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, it shows they are unwilling to submit to God.
They will not be saved.
Paul wrote..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal 5:19-21)
In spite of Jesus' amazing sacrifice, those continuing on in the "flesh" will not be saved.

You presenting a false Gospel, every man He tasted death for is saved, all their sins have been purged away Heb 1:3.
It is written..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal 5:19-21)
Jesus died for all men, but those who won't destroy the old man, (Rom 6:6), will continue to walk in the "flesh".
They won't be saved.
Jesus made it possible to walk in the Spirit, but like almost everything else God does for us, it takes our participation in it to be of value.

Like...He allows our approach to the throne of God to find grace and mercy when we need it. (Heb 4:16)
But if we don't "approach", we are still on our own.
Like...God gave us the gift of repentance from sin. (Acts 11:18)
But if we don't repent of sin, we will still be damned in the end. (Matt 7:22-23)

Didn't He die for the sinners of the world ?
He gave everybody the opportunity of eternal life.
But we must want it, and submit to Him, to profit from it.

I don't deny it.
Why do you deny that not everyone availed themselves of it ?
Christ died for everyone He takes to Glory, saved Heb 2:9-10
The prophets said repentance is necessary for salvation. So did the King and his witness is greater,

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spakein time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things,by whom also he made the worlds....THEREFOREwe ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. .....WHEREFOREas the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts Heb. Take heed, brethren,lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Heb.2:1,3:1,7-8,12

Jesus didn't abolish repentance. He preached repentance.
Again the ones Christ died for He purged their sins Heb 1:3 and He takes to Glory Heb 2:9-10

If they don't repent of sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, it shows they are unwilling to submit to God.
They will not be saved.
Paul wrote..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
In spite of Jesus' amazing sacrifice, those continuing on in the "flesh" will not be saved.
Sorry, it doesnt matter if they repent, they can be still rebels, Christ has purged away their sins Heb 1:3 and then He gives them a New Birth with a New heart and brings them to Glory Heb 2:9-10

It is written..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Jesus died for all men, but those who won't destroy the old man, (Rom 6:6), will continue to walk in the "flesh".
They won't be saved.
Jesus made it possible to walk in the Spirit, but like almost everything else God does for us, it takes our participation in it to be of value.

Like...He allows our approach to the throne of God to find grace and mercy when we need it. (Heb 4:16)
But if we don't "approach", we are still on our own.
Like...God gave us the gift of repentance from sin. (Acts 11:18)
But if we don't repent of sin, we will still be damned in the end. (Matt 7:22-23)
You are denying the efficacy of Christs death, all for whom He tasted death for are legally saved, and will be spiritually converted and brought to heavens Glory.

While I see no harm in your misunderstanding of what is written in Heb 2, or 10, to keep fighting over interpretations of it is pointless.
Jesus' death and resurrection is available to all men.
Not all men will avail themselves of the sacrifice and will be condemned on the day of judgement.

Mankind has been judged (thou shall not ) and found guilty. (death) Its appointed for all men in sufferings a lifetime separated from God (lifers) to die "once" No retrial . .no double jeopardy .

We walk by faith the unseen power of God. We have no power to raise oneself from the dead

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

He did not make it available as in "OK guys now its time to make your decision.As in . . so we can walk together in prefect harmony

The works was was finished from the foundation of the world when he did work the 6 days.

He worked in those who have no power living in bodies of death . Let there be and it was good .Just as he does in us with us today yoked with him, our daily sufferings living in a body of death are made lighter with a future living daily hope of an new incorruptible body that will not age leading towards destruction.

We cry out give us the this daily bread strengthen our inward person .

Corruption return to dust .

Philippians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both (the key) to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Jesus empowered by the father did the will with delight some as it seem your choice like that of Jonas that desired to die knowing God was a God of his word .What he says. . "Let there be . . comes to pass".

Don't be a murmurer and disputer .Follow Jesus

God is not served by human hands in any way shape or form. . . never was . . . never will.

Then he won't be saved on the day of judgement.

I guess I couldn't make it clear to you that without our complicity in salvation there is no salvation.
The Muslim had to "hear", "believe", and "act" on his faith to be included among the brotherhood of believers.

Again I have failed to make myself clear.
Jesus' advocacy must be asked for in order to be received.
A man must truly repent of sin in order to ask for advocacy, as "God heareth not sinners".

It isn't belief if it is forced.
It is brain-washing.

I hope I cleared up that misconception above.

And "in Him", we are righteous too !

You wrote "Then he won't be saved on the day of judgement", yet you believe 1 John 2:1-2 means that Jesus propitiated to cover the sin of the unbelieving dead Muslim man, that "son of hell" (Matthew 23:15), thus you include the Muslim man in "every man" (Hebrews 2:9-10) and "the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2), then, in effect, you believe Jesus is a colossal failure; in other words, the Jesus that you preach is so weak that his propitiating advocacy is null and void.

Let's review Apostolic testimony again:
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world​
(1 John 2:1-2)​
And, in the Book of Hebrews:
we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings​
(Hebrews 2:9-10)​
So, when you wrote "Then he won't be saved on the day of judgement", then you conveyed that you believe "we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for that unbelieving dead Muslim man. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory which includes that unbelieving dead Muslim man to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation including the perfection of that unbelieving dead Muslim man's salvation through sufferings" (your conveyance Hopeful 2); therefore, you convey that Jesus tried to perfect that unbelieving dead Muslim man's salvation, but the Jesus you preach failed miserably to perfect the salvation of that "son of hell" (Matthew 23:15), so, in effect, you believe Jesus is a colossal failure; in other words, the Jesus that you preach is so weak that he is incapable of perfecting the salvation of people for whom he perfects salvation, so the Jesus you preach has null and void perfection of salvation.

In contrast to what you believe, Lord Jesus succeeds 100% of the time in His propitiating advocacy as well as His perfection of salvation in us children of God, so the long dead unbelieving Muslim man is not included in the "everyone" (Hebrews 2:9-10) nor "the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2),

Your writing of "It isn't belief if it is forced" is a direct contradiction and rejection of the Truth (John 14:6) saying "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29). Christians do not reject the sayings of Christ. A person believing in the Son of God whom the father has sent, this very "believing" is the loving work of God (John 6:29), not of man (Ephesians 2:8-10), but in Truth (John 14:6) is entirely controlled by Lord Jesus (John 15:16)!

Now let's recap what brought us to this point in our correspondence.

I don't see that man's name in scripture on the "REJECTED" list .
In fact I don't see any "rejected" lists at all.
Do you know who will not be granted eternal life ?
Paul made a list in Gal. 5:19-21..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Those who walk after the flesh will not be granted eternal life.
I rejoice in the fact that I was offered the way to walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
Were you offered the same opportunity?
Or not?

As was established in this post, the Muslim man who lived in the year 1502 in the middle of the Ottoman Empire never believed in Jesus, so that long dead Muslim man died being a "son of hell" (Matthew 23:15); therefore, when you wrote "I don't see that man's name in scripture on the 'REJECTED' list", then you convey that the long dead unbelieving Muslim man was saved from the wrath of God by Jesus Christ's propitiating advocacy, so you convey that Jesus saves unbelievers; however, Lord Jesus exclusively saves person's whom Jesus exclusively chooses for the King of Glory says "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" and "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29); therefore, you call Jesus a deceiver.

Lord Jesus successfully rescues and redeems every man, including me by His grace for His glory, (Hebrews 2:9-10) for whom He executed propitiating advocacy without exception (1 John 2:1-2) as shown in this post; in contrast, your inclusion in "the whole world" of the long dead unbelieving Muslim man of 1502AD results in you preaching that Jesus is a failure per the same post;

All glory and power and honor be to the Holy God forever and ever, The Righteous One alone is salvation, Amen!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back