Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The apostate church QUIZ ADDED 11 7 06

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well Unread
I appologize for miss reading you in those areas I miss read you.
Now you mentioned that I short circiut the teachings of Jesus Christ.
If this is true please show me where so I can repent of those teachings.

Re: The apostate church

jgredline said:
The Holy Bible warns us of the falling away and of the apostasy of the church and off apostates.. Below are a couple of definitions. Can you give examples of either? Bible examples and modern day examples would be great. Explain also why.
The best biblical prophecy for this one is the Apo. 6:2 or the white horseman in whom the power to conquer and to conquer was given to him. The Lord said that the fulfillment of this prophecy in our time today is the different denominations (not only Christians but any religious groups of any kind using scriptures) of today where we can clearly see them prospering both in finances and in numbers conquering people of every tongues by the use of the bible, writings, scriptures, etc. which is simply falling away or turning away from God in lieu of the said things, be it a word of God or things of God, they are not the Lord God himself in the first place. This is a clear proof of apostasy or falling away because people are directed to a denomination and a bible, a scripture, a writings, etc. instead of to the true God existing alive and real. We must all be directed toward God himself becasue the Lord God is the Teacher, the Good Shepherd and the Leader of His Church. We can only be a part of the True Church of the Lord if we will seek first the Lord God himself who is our own salvation. It is the Lord God who will put us in His church and not the different man pastors of today who only put people in a denomination or a religious group and confine them to a bible. The bible is not the Lord God and it is the Lord who we all need for us to find our salvation.

JGredline wrote:Well Unread

I don’t want to imply you are not sincere or that you are totally wrong, JG. For instance, this is excellent teaching, and sorely needed:
Jgreline wrote: Luxury-living abounds on every hand while souls are dying for want of the gospel. Christians are wearing crowns instead of bearing a cross. We become more emotionally stirred over sports, politics, or television than we do over Christ. There is little sense of spiritual need, little longing for true revival. We give the best of our lives to the business world, then turn over the remnants of a wasted career to the Savior. We cater to our bodies which in a few short years will return to dust. We accumulate instead of forsake, lay up treasures on earth instead of in heaven. The general attitude is, “Nothing too good for the people of God. If I don’t pamper myself, who will? Let’s get ahead in the world and give our spare evenings to the Lord.†This is our condition on the eve of Christ’s Return.

Our differences lie in the understanding of election, and the purpose/necessity of works, if I understand your position correctly. (A verse that pertains to this is John 6:27 but you must understand this verse before you go on to the rest of the chapter. It is a tendency to put the labor after the sealing, and to strip the meaning from the word 'believe' in verse 29 and quit reading before getting to the meaning of meat/word in verse 63. ) I tried to write a simple explanation but it became so off topic it would undermine your thread here, so I decided to just direct you to do a search of my posts as I have done with yours and let you read my position of these issues. I seem to be a broken record, repeating the same theme, ad nauseam. I didn’t find a good example of your position on OSAS, but it is one of the causes of apathy in our churches today.

unred typo said:
JGredline wrote:Well Unread

I don’t want to imply you are not sincere or that you are totally wrong, JG. For instance, this is excellent teaching, and sorely needed:
Jgreline wrote: Luxury-living abounds on every hand while souls are dying for want of the gospel. Christians are wearing crowns instead of bearing a cross. We become more emotionally stirred over sports, politics, or television than we do over Christ. There is little sense of spiritual need, little longing for true revival. We give the best of our lives to the business world, then turn over the remnants of a wasted career to the Savior. We cater to our bodies which in a few short years will return to dust. We accumulate instead of forsake, lay up treasures on earth instead of in heaven. The general attitude is, “Nothing too good for the people of God. If I don’t pamper myself, who will? Let’s get ahead in the world and give our spare evenings to the Lord.†This is our condition on the eve of Christ’s Return.

Our differences lie in the understanding of election, and the purpose/necessity of works, if I understand your position correctly. (A verse that pertains to this is John 6:27 but you must understand this verse before you go on to the rest of the chapter. It is a tendency to put the labor after the sealing, and to strip the meaning from the word 'believe' in verse 29 and quit reading before getting to the meaning of meat/word in verse 63. ) I tried to write a simple explanation but it became so off topic it would undermine your thread here, so I decided to just direct you to do a search of my posts as I have done with yours and let you read my position of these issues. I seem to be a broken record, repeating the same theme, ad nauseam. I didn’t find a good example of your position on OSAS, but it is one of the causes of apathy in our churches today.

Unread
First let me ask. What is OSAS ?

JGredline wrote: First let me ask. What is OSAS ?

Once Saved, Always Saved... a belief that once you say the magic words inviting the Lord into your heart, believing he died in your place, you are born again, saved and never to be lost for as long as you live... and some add, 'unless you fall from grace by depending on your works to save you instead of the finished work of Christ.' :roll:

It is no wonder there is little difference between the 'born again' believers and non believers in sinning.

unred typo said:
JGredline wrote: First let me ask. What is OSAS ?

Once Saved, Always Saved... a belief that once you say the magic words inviting the Lord into your heart, believing he died in your place, you are born again, saved and never to be lost for as long as you live... and some add, 'unless you fall from grace by depending on your works to save you instead of the finished work of Christ.' :roll:

It is no wonder there is little difference between the 'born again' believers and non believers in sinning.

Unread
Yea, I recieved a few PM.s and E mails telling me what it stood for. I don't want to derail this thread, so lets start a new one.
What say you?

--jg's thread question--

jg posts:
The apostate church QUIZ ADDED 11 7 06

Hi, John here. You ask the question about the church, and it seems that most talk about people or pastors? (or 'poster' :wink: ) I for one do not believe that any church 'fold' is made apostate by only bad people or pastors. There is a huge difference. Unrepentant openly known bad people are not to be kept in the Lord's responsible church! And that is including false doctrines. Matthew 28:20

An apostate fold or church has false satanic doctrines. When they keep these documented false doctrines openly intact, they become apostate in a short time. Such is the case of the Revelation 17:5 'daughter' ones with their mother Rome.

If you want a list that has been openly documented for years of false doctrines, with no change, let me know and I will post them rather than playing 'satanic' church games, huh?

But mostly all professed Christians miss the BOTTOM line of not understanding that even Christ's Very Own Virgin church fold was rejected while having no flawed doctrines! See Matthew 23:3 Matthew 25:1 and the 'door was shut', verse 11-12. Also compare Revelation 3:16-17 Born Again ones with only a little True Agape Love left! SICKENING!

And this is what your question asked as I read it? And here in God's Word we see the whole 'fold' (denomination) rejected! Revelation 2:5

Last thought: But who left whom is the question for the ones following Christ? And who stayed in these polluted satanic denominations still teaching the 'ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH' doctrines?? Again, the Caps are in the Revelation 17:5 verse.

Back