Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Black Horse Is Coming Soon

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Something also worth reading. I will edit out his entries concerning Russia and Ukraine, since those factors (fertilizers, wheat production, etc) have already been covered in this thread.

20 Facts About The Emerging Global Food Shortage That Should Chill You To The Core
BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, APR 05, 2022 - 05:30 AM

A very alarming global food shortage has already begun, and it is only going to get worse in the months ahead. I realize that this is not good news, but.. the truth is that a very real planetary emergency is developing right in front of our eyes. The following are 20 facts about the emerging global food shortage that should chill you to the core…

#1 One of France’s most important government officials is telling us that we should brace ourselves for an “extremely serious” global food crisis…

France’s Foreign Affairs Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said the EU must get to grips with the prospect that the war in Ukraine could prompt an “extremely serious” global food crisis.

#2 Joe Biden recently admitted that food shortages are “going to be real”, and his administration is now openly using the word “famine” to describe what is coming… The Biden administration is worried Russia’s invasion of Ukraine will cause famine in parts of the world, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Cecilia Rouse told CNBC on Friday.

#3 It is being reported that food prices at German supermarkets will soon go up between 20 and 50 percent…

Just days after Germany reported the highest inflation in a generation (with February headline CPI soaring at a 7.6% annual pace and blowing away all expectations), giving locals a distinctly unpleasant deja vu feeling even before the Russian invasion of Ukraine broke what few supply chains remained and sent prices even higher into the stratosphere… on Monday, Germany will take one step toward a return of the dreaded Weimar hyperinflation, when according to the German Retail Association (HDE), consumers should prepare for another wave of price hikes for everyday goods and groceries with Reuters reporting that prices at German retail chains will explode between 20 and 50%

#4 Rationing has already begun in Spain…

In Spain, the country started experiencing sporadic shortages of different products like eggs, milk and other dairy products almost immediately following the outbreak of the war in Ukraine. In early March, major supermarkets like Mercadona and Makro began rationing sunflower oil.

#5 Rationing has also already started in Greece…

In Greece, at least four national supermarket chains have started rationing food products like flour and sunflower oil due to critically low supplies caused by the crippled supply chains coming out of Russia and Ukraine.

#7 Since this time last year, some fertilizer prices have gone up by as much as 300 percent.

#8 Many farmers in Africa will not be able to afford fertilizer at all this year, and it is being projected that this will reduce agricultural production by an amount capable of feeding “100 million people”…

With prices tripling over the past 18 months, many farmers are considering whether to forgo purchases of fertilizers this year. That leaves a market long touted for its growth potential set to shrink by almost a third, according to Sebastian Nduva, program manager at researcher group AfricaFertilizer.Org. That could potentially curb cereals output by 30 million tons, enough to feed 100 million people, he said.

#14 On Friday, it was announced that another 5 million egg-laying chickens in Iowa would have to be put down because of the bird flu.

#15 The death toll from the bird flu in Iowa alone will be pushed beyond 13 million as a result of this latest incident.

#16 Overall, this is what the total national death toll from the bird flu currently looks like: “22 million egg-laying chickens, 1.8 million broiler chickens, 1.9 million pullet and other commercial chickens, and 1.9 million turkeys”.

#17 China’s agricultural minister has announced that the winter wheat harvest in China could be “the worst in history”.

#18 We are being warned that the winter wheat harvest in the United States will be “disastrous” due to severe drought.

#19 During a recent interview, one prominent U.S. farmer stated that most Americans won’t like it when “your grocery bill is up $1,000.00 a month”.

#20 The head of the UN World Food program says that what the planet is now facing is unlike anything that we have seen since World War II…

“Ukraine has only compounded a catastrophe on top of a catastrophe,” said David M. Beasley, the executive director of the World Food Program, the United Nations agency that feeds 125 million people a day. “There is no precedent even close to this since World War II.”

In my entire lifetime, I have never seen anything like this, and conditions are getting worse with each passing day. A truly nightmarish global food crisis really is upon us, and hundreds of millions of innocent people are going to deeply suffer as a result.
Given the impact of the irrational lockdown of China and war in Ukraine, it is plausible the four riders have begun their ride. Thanks, until I read your posts I wasn't thinking along those lines.

Because I’ve been in Christian circles for some decades now, I’ve heard A LOT of current events being labeled as “signs of the End Times.” Of course NONE of them were. Makes one immune to more, “this is it” eschatology.

Because I’ve been in Christian circles for some decades now, I’ve heard A LOT of current events being labeled as “signs of the End Times.” Of course NONE of them were. Makes one immune to more, “this is it” eschatology.

Yes it does. I've tended to avoid a lot of hysteria in the past, though for the last 15 years at least I've always wondered when the time might come that certain end-time events would start kicking in. Some will likely still question if this is it or not, but for me the thing that signals it may very well be is that the pandemic, the war in Ukraine, and the food shortages are all global in scope, and are all working in combination with one another to completely alter the way of life for everyone on planet earth.

I believe judgment has now begun, though as stated in the OP I believe we have a long ways to go yet before the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. But I think the scenario laid out in Revelations has now commenced, and will not be turned back.

Yes it does. I've tended to avoid a lot of hysteria in the past, though for the last 15 years at least I've always wondered when the time might come that certain end-time events would start kicking in. Some will likely still question if this is it or not, but for me the thing that signals it may very well be is that the pandemic, the war in Ukraine, and the food shortages are all global in scope, and are all working in combination with one another to completely alter the way of life for everyone on planet earth.

I believe judgment has now begun, though as stated in the OP I believe we have a long ways to go yet before the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. But I think the scenario laid out in Revelations has now commenced, and will not be turned back.
I think those events (the terrible ones) were fulfilled in the first century. The second coming will have no signs at all.

And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Before I begin, this is not a call to hysteria that the Lord's return is now imminent. We still have a long ways to go before that time comes. But as I contended when the Covid-19 epidemic first began, we were very possibly witnessing the beginning of the Pale Horse of Revelations 6 riding out. The devastation caused by Covid-19 was not just felt in deaths, but in the effect it had on the world's economies, and this has already set up the coming of the Black Horse in part, which many interpreters have associated with famine and starvation. As I also stated when the pandemic started, it would mean that the Red Horse was also coming, which scripture states would begin taking peace from the earth.

In February of this year, the war in Ukraine began, and I now believe this is the first manifestation of it. The Russian-Ukrainian war is not just a regional conflict. It is pitting the largest and most powerful nations of the East against the largest and most powerful in the West, and in so doing has become both a military and economic war, which is all the more so setting the stage now for the emergence of the Black Horse to ride.

So how do we know the Black Horse is coming? Not only are world leaders now warning that food shortages may be coming, but developments on the world stage suggest that very SERIOUS shortages may be, and that they will likely last for much longer than many realize. The base crop which feeds the world is Wheat, and warnings are now going out that the world's farmers, especially in poorer countries, may soon have to start switching from other crops back to wheat just to keep their nations from starving, and eliminate things like fruit harvests in the process.

The following video gives a good overview of just how serious the situation could soon become, and for a long time into the foreseeable future:

Is it not interesting, then, that wheat (Greek: σίτου) is the food specifically mentioned in Revelations 6:6 as becoming so scarce and expensive that it takes the typical laborer an entire days wages just to buy enough of it to survive? The word "measure" in Revelation 6:6 (Χοῖνιξ) refers to approximately one quart or 1.1 liters, and the word "penny" the Greek (δηναρίου) was approximately one day's wages for a typical worker, as in when Jesus taught about workers agreeing to work "for a penny a day."

1 For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. 2 Now when he had agreed with the laborers for a penny (i.e. a δηναρίου) a day, he sent them into his vineyard... (Matthew 20:1-2)

Barley is a more coarse grain, which would explain why Revelations says it will be obtainable at a third of the price of wheat. It would allow a man to feed both himself and his family, but even this will be with difficulty. In sum, great scarcity is predicted to be heading our way, as are the closing words, "and see you hurt not the oil and the wine." This suggests that oil and wine will be even more scarce on the world markets, and therefore even more precious and costly.

How will nations in the West specifically be effected? On top of the unavailability of fertilizers normally provided by Russia, which in and of itself may effect crop yields for years to come, a drought has already begun in the Midwestern US - the second largest "bread basket" to the world. This drought is expected to persist through summer, which would suggest that without prayer even Mother Nature herself will conspire to create serious food shortages at your local food stores in the not too distant future:
NOAA Warns US Megadrought Will Persist; May Impact Food Supply Chains | ZeroHedge

To repeat, because they want to subject the planet to abject slavery, all these events were orchestrated by the Globalists to serve as catalysts for a coming global starvation, including the war in Ukraine, which was set up decades in advance and instigated by the Powers That Be to begin drastically decreasing the world's populations. War, sanctions, food shortages and starvation will enable them to do something they've wanted to do for a long time: Cull the populations of the world down, especially in the nations of Third World, in preparation for a coming New World Order. But all these things are evidence that the Biblical prophecy is true, and that the Lord knew well in advance what those who serve the darkness would plan out and execute in the earth. He forewarned they were coming through His prophets well beforehand, so that His people - who hear His voice and walk in His ways - would not be surprised by any of it, but be aware and prepared when the time came to walk in faith, and trust HIM for their sustenance and provision.

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (Matthew 6:25-34)

God bless, and thank you for reading,
Hidden In Him

Two scriptures that I would like to share… on the other side of the proverbial coin.

The Lord, in teaching His disciples privately about His coming and the end of the age, gave these instructions.

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods.
Matthew 24:45-47

again in the book of Revelation —

Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days. Revelation 12:6

Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
Revelation 12:13-14

Make no mistake, both of these time frames are associated with the great tribulation which is a three and one half year, time period.

• that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days
  • where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

JLB

Last edited:
Immune is a strong word. Just like the boy who cried wolf too often, the wolf eventually came:

"Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." (2 Pet. 3:4 NKJ)

I am rethinking my confidence "its still way in the future", Hidden in Him posted information we are about to enter a time of great scarcity, because of the war and lockdowns in China. Normally I wouldn't think that such a big deal, but the irrationality of both the war and the lockdowns in China are unusual. They are starving people in China and destroying their own economy for something that is little more than a bad flu. And no one thought Russia would attack Ukraine, they easily could have gotten everything they wanted just threatening to do so.

That kind of irrationality seems demon inspired.

Its looking more possible every day, the birth pangs of the end are starting.

Immune is a strong word. Just like the boy who cried wolf too often, the wolf eventually came:

"Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." (2 Pet. 3:4 NKJ)

I am rethinking my confidence "its still way in the future", Hidden in Him posted information we are about to enter a time of great scarcity, because of the war and lockdowns in China. Normally I wouldn't think that such a big deal, but the irrationality of both the war and the lockdowns in China are unusual. They are starving people in China and destroying their own economy for something that is little more than a bad flu. And no one thought Russia would attack Ukraine, they easily could have gotten everything they wanted just threatening to do so.

The first century is a much better fit.

I'm familiar with the Preterist position, Dorothy Mae, but I think most who subscribe to it have to gloss over some rather important statements in the narrative to make it work. Verse 8 states, "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse. Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

The implication of this verse is that one fourth of the earth's population will die. The Greek reads literally, "And authority was given to them to kill over a fourth of the earth" - καὶ ἐδόθη αὐτοῖς ἐξουσία ἐπὶ τὸ τέταρτον τῆς γῆς -which is not something that occurred during New Testament times.

I'd rather not turn the thread into a Preterist debate, however, so maybe we should save that discussion for another time.

I'm familiar with the Preterist position, Dorothy Mae, but I think most who subscribe to it have to gloss over some rather important statements in the narrative to make it work. Verse 8 states, "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse. Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

The implication of this verse is that one fourth of the earth's population will die. The Greek reads literally, "And authority was given to them to kill over a fourth of the earth" - καὶ ἐδόθη αὐτοῖς ἐξουσία ἐπὶ τὸ τέταρτον τῆς γῆς -which is not something that occurred during New Testament times.

I'd rather not turn the thread into a Preterist debate, however, so maybe we should save that discussion for another time.
No, the word is “land” such as a 1/4 of the land’s population, not the planet. But we can leave the discussion for another thread. It’s just that I’m very sorry for the young whose bright future is squashed by being told death and destruction and unspeakable horrors await them.

He came in judgement on those who pierced him a long time ago. If you’re going to use scripture to stab me you ought to know I have a strong shield and better defenses than you have.

No, the word is “land” such as a 1/4 of the land’s population, not the planet.

The new earth will be just that, a new earth (γῆς), not just a new Israel. :) But for another time.
It’s just that I’m very sorry for the young whose bright future is squashed by being told death and destruction and unspeakable horrors await them.

I understand. But Futurists point to the fulfillment of end-time prophecies as signs that the word of God is true. Better that the young should place their hope in the things of God than in the things of this world which are passing away anyway, yes?

The new earth will be just that, a new earth (γῆς), not just a new Israel. :) But for another time.
That wasn’t the scripture we were speaking of.
I understand. But Futurists point to the fulfillment of end-time prophecies as signs that the word of God is true. Better that the young should place their hope in the things of God than in the things of this world which are passing away anyway, yes?
I recognize that olive branch. Thanks!

Godly young men and women rightly desire to find a godly partner and start a loving family. There are ministries in the US that told young people not to get an education because Jesus was coming soon. These are now doomed to be poor. I think that was even ten years ago. These are godly values that God Himself invented. The eschatology kills these godly goals.

Two scriptures that I would like to share… on the other side of the proverbial coin.

The Lord, in teaching His disciples privately about His coming and the end of the age, gave these instructions.

Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods.
Matthew 24:45-47

again in the book of Revelation —

Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days. Revelation 12:6

Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
Revelation 12:13-14

Make no mistake, both of these time frames are associated with the great tribulation which is a three and one half year, time period.

• that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days
  • where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

JLB

There was someone over at another forum who was arguing that the seven seals will not take place until the seventieth week of Daniel. I would have discussed it with him if he hadn't been so belligerent and obnoxious, but my answer in part is that if the tribulation martyrs knew exactly when His vengeance was coming (which in and of itself is problematic), they would not be pictured as asking Him "how long until you avenge our blood?" This is part of what occurs during the fifth seal, and if the fifth seal is postponed until the seventieth week, then they would know the answer to the question and not have to ask the Lord when His return was coming.

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. (Revelation 6:9-11)

There are ministries in the US that told young people not to get an education because Jesus was coming soon. These are now doomed to be poor. I think that was even ten years ago.

Well I certainly wouldn't advocate anything like that, for starters because He is not coming soon and secondly because it's a truly hopeless outlook on life. I do think tough times are coming, but for the righteous they will be exhilarating times spiritually. Scripture says the harvest is the end of the age, and it's the culmination of human history that we have been waiting for. For the spiritually-minded, it will be the greatest time to be alive, IMO.

As far as provision is concerned, those who depend upon Him will walk in provision - in many cases supernaturally - even while the rest of the planet is wondering where their next meal is coming from. I believe the best place to be in the coming years will be in walking very closely with the Lord. We will see the miraculous, and know more with each passing day that He can be fully trusted to watch over us and provide for us in every and all circumstances, even as the masses are realizing that the governments and financial systems of this world are completely failing them. Men will more than ever come to know that Jesus Christ alone is the answer.

I suppose it's all in how the message is packaged. I certainly don't advocate dooming anyone to poverty. That doesn't fit my narrative of how things will play out at all. The church will become the true care-giver and provider to the world when everything else is crumbling, and the Lord will give her the provisions necessary to do so, as a testimony to His love and His power in the earth.

I understand. But Futurists point to the fulfillment of end-time prophecies as signs that the word of God is true.

Why is it that all of your end-time prophecies always point towards the judgement and wrath of God in order to prove that your interpretations of the bible are true?

Are you familiar with the sign of Jonah?

There was someone over at another forum who was arguing that the seven seals will not take place until the seventieth week of Daniel. I would have discussed it with him if he hadn't been so belligerent and obnoxious, but my answer in part is that if the tribulation martyrs knew exactly when His vengeance was coming (which in and of itself is problematic), they would not be pictured as asking Him "how long until you avenge our blood?" This is part of what occurs during the fifth seal, and if the fifth seal is postponed until the seventieth week, then they would know the answer to the question and not have to ask the Lord when His return was coming.

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. (Revelation 6:9-11)
I have a curious question. When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, where are you going to flee to?

Why is it that all of your end-time prophecies always point towards the judgement and wrath of God in order to prove that your interpretations of the bible are true?

This is a good question. That was not the stated purpose of Revelation but it seems to be an adapted one. The purpose of the events on Revelation are the wrath of God against those who pierced him. That is what Jesus said and it was so.

Most of the end-time narrative as described in the Book of Revelations is negative, and discusses just that: The judgment of God coming upon the earth, and eventually upon the kingdom of the Antichrist.

Yes. Why are you asking?

I apologize for any offense, it wasn't my intent. I cited the text to "support the boy who cried wolf" fable, not realizing you might think I directed it to you. That never crossed my mind.

I checked out the preterist position, it does shed light on some texts. But overall, I found the futurist position much more likely.

Back