Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Black Horse Is Coming Soon

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
My request is that the thread not simply be reduced to another eschatological free-for-all, and eventually utterly divorced from the driving thrust of the OP, and it was about to when I made my request.

As per the OP, the primary areas that will eventually suffer from starvation will be the Third World.
Is that something new? I mean if the new release of a horse means starvation, shouldn’t it be in a part of the not already starving for centuries? It strikes me as saying the ….. horse means technical developments in the US. That’s not really news, is it?

Is that something new? I mean if the new release of a horse means starvation, shouldn’t it be in a part of the not already starving for centuries? It strikes me as saying the ….. horse means technical developments in the US. That’s not really news, is it?

There has indeed been starvation in the Third World and the Middle East for centuries now, but if you watch the video below and read some of the other things I've posted in combination with it, the problem is now destined to get much worse, the reason being that we were barely keeping up with population as it was, before all these problems started. Barring a miracle, it boils down to a simple numbers game. Increasing population + severely decreasing food supply = starvation on a large scale.

Now, as an optimist you might say, "Who says there can't be a miracle?" There can be, but it would require the nations to pray to the Most High God intensely in order for there to be one, and while it's certainly possible I personally don't see it happening anytime soon. I think the atheistic, humanistic, anti-christian worldviews that are rampant throughout the world now are too engrained for them to do so without severe tragedies coming upon them that finally cause them to call out to God. And quite frankly, though you may not like my saying it, the trials and sufferings that have been coming upon the world since the pandemic, now the war in Ukraine, and the coming starvation will only scratch the surface of what I think it will take for the nations to finally start coming to repentance.

Btw, I realize that video is rather long and takes awhile to develop, but I'm referring specifically to the points he starts making at 7:04+ about feedback loops and everything in the modern world having become so utterly interdependent. If you go back to the video I added in Post #19, they are making the exact same points. Both the financial systems and supply chain systems are so interlocked and interdependent now that if things start unravelling the whole system starts collapsing on itself, and that's the point we are reaching now. Higher inflation and standard of living costs = less consumer spending/ more borrowing/ more defaults = less lending = even less consumer spending, and even more defaults = more businesses closing = less income = even less consumer spending, even more defaults, even less lending, and the whole thing essentially collapses into stagflation.

That's an oversimplification, of course, but a really bad feedback loop is a good analogy. Once it really gets going, the effect can and will be horrendous.

I think the atheistic, humanistic, anti-christian worldviews that are rampant throughout the world now are too engrained for them to do so without severe tragedies coming upon them that finally cause them to call out to God.

You really don't understand the sign of Jonah, do you? You should really go and read for yourself what was the end of Jonah.

You haven't yet identified a famine for us, but wish to prophesy to us of the black horse. Then you are only interested in seeking signs that fit your interpretation;

You mock the atheistic, humanistic world views that you would deem anti-christian, so I ask you a question:
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE

And quite frankly, though you may not like my saying it, the trials and sufferings that have been coming upon the world since the pandemic, now the war in Ukraine, and the coming starvation will only scratch the surface of what I think it will take for the nations to finally start coming to repentance.

Oh yeah, scientists have been warning us of the effects of climate change for years. Famines, droughts, mass migrations of peoples, etc, etc, etc.... The effects of climate change is no mystery to most of the world. In fact most of the world has taken notice and are looking to do something about it and adopt to a "greener" lifestyle, and to prepare for the changes that are already underway. But, they heeded the call and set out to make a change. That is the very definition of repentance.

But you, oh Jonah, sit up on the hill, crying of the black horse to come, waiting to see if God's Word be true.

You really don't understand the sign of Jonah, do you? You should really go and read for yourself what was the end of Jonah.

You haven't yet identified a famine for us, but wish to prophesy to us of the black horse. Then you are only interested in seeking signs that fit your interpretation;

You mock the atheistic, humanistic world views that you would deem anti-christian, so I ask you a question:
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE

Oh yeah, scientists have been warning us of the effects of climate change for years. Famines, droughts, mass migrations of peoples, etc, etc, etc.... The effects of climate change is no mystery to most of the world. In fact most of the world has taken notice and are looking to do something about it and adopt to a "greener" lifestyle, and to prepare for the changes that are already underway. But, they heeded the call and set out to make a change. That is the very definition of repentance.

But you, oh Jonah, sit up on the hill, crying of the black horse to come, waiting to see if God's Word be true.

You post like you are only interested in strife, which sort of eliminates the possibility of any civil discussion going forward. So it looks like I'll have no choice but to decline.

Thanks anyway.

“Climate change” is just another left wing narrative to bring about more government control and a way to bleed the American people of our tax dollars by pouring money into more ridiculous “experiments” that supposedly are necessary to put an end to “global warming”.

Global warming is the new pandemic.

If we want to usher in the blessing of God, then put an end to murdering innocent babies in their mothers womb.

JLB

Last edited:
Btw, I realize that video is rather long and takes awhile to develop, but I'm referring specifically to the points he starts making at 7:04+ about feedback loops and everything in the modern world having become so utterly interdependent. If you go back to the video I added in Post #19, they are making the exact same points. Both the financial systems and supply chain systems are so interlocked and interdependent now that if things start unravelling the whole system starts collapsing on itself, and that's the point we are reaching now. Higher inflation and standard of living costs = less consumer spending/ more borrowing/ more defaults = less lending = even less consumer spending, and even more defaults = more businesses closing = less income = even less consumer spending, even more defaults, even less lending, and the whole thing essentially collapses into stagflation.

That's an oversimplification, of course, but a really bad feedback loop is a good analogy. Once it really gets going, the effect can and will be horrendous.
Yes, I can see that but it might be more local. In this case, reports from people in different parts of the world would be useful. That’s why I thought it curious that the theology that promises world side food shortages was described as mainly the undeveloped world. That is not worldwide disaster.

No debate, but 70 AD saw such terrible food shortages because they burned their own wheat that women were eating their babies. No debate….but just throwing in an historical fact. 😉

There has indeed been starvation in the Third World and the Middle East for centuries now, but if you watch the video below and read some of the other things I've posted in combination with it, the problem is now destined to get much worse, the reason being that we were barely keeping up with population as it was, before all these problems started. Barring a miracle, it boils down to a simple numbers game. Increasing population + severely decreasing food supply = starvation on a large scale.

Now, as an optimist you might say, "Who says there can't be a miracle?" There can be, but it would require the nations to pray to the Most High God intensely in order for there to be one, and while it's certainly possible I personally don't see it happening anytime soon. I think the atheistic, humanistic, anti-christian worldviews that are rampant throughout the world now are too engrained for them to do so without severe tragedies coming upon them that finally cause them to call out to God. And quite frankly, though you may not like my saying it, the trials and sufferings that have been coming upon the world since the pandemic, now the war in Ukraine, and the coming starvation will only scratch the surface of what I think it will take for the nations to finally start coming to repentance.
I guess I see the world as enjoying unprecedented peace and prosperity. All markers of improved living are up. Poverty has decreased. Infant mortality has decreased. Education is more readily available. Despots are fewer. The generation of men in their 50s and under in Europe are the first in recorded European history that was never threatened with conscription nor their sons. They are the first generation to live in peace since the PAX Romana.

A word on the “pandemic.” A whopping 1% of those who were listed as corona positive died. Just 1%. The average age was 71. This was no pandemic. There have been disasters where a third (33%) died. Just a perspective.

Not sure I understand your question, sister. Think you can explain what you are asking a little clearer?
Well, if someone thinks the third seal is broken now, wouldn't the other two seals, the first and second, have to have been broken prior?

Aren't the seals broken,opened, in order one after the other?

Yes, I can see that but it might be more local. In this case, reports from people in different parts of the world would be useful. That’s why I thought it curious that the theology that promises world side food shortages was described as mainly the undeveloped world. That is not worldwide disaster.

No debate, but 70 AD saw such terrible food shortages because they burned their own wheat that women were eating their babies. No debate….but just throwing in an historical fact. 😉
Mom's starving and eating their dead babies is what's happening in north Korea now.

“Climate change” is just another left wing narrative to bring about more government control and way to bleed the American people of our tax dollars by pouring money into more ridiculous “experiments” that supposedly are necessary to put an end to “global warming”.

Global warming is the new pandemic.

If we want to usher in the blessing of God, then put an end to murdering innocent babies in their mothers womb.

JLB
I thought the biggest tell regarding the “threat” of climate change was the solution…pay the government money.

Mom's starving and eating their dead babies is what's happening in north Korea now.
Korean is not under siege nor facing such massive deaths than blood flows in the streets. Not the same situation by any standard you wish to apply. Or do you mean to say that this manner of providing food is normal?

Worldwide food shortages yes, but with outright starvation hitting the hardest in Third World and Middle Eastern countries because they're much more dependent upon outside sources for their food supply.

Well, if someone thinks the third seal is broken now, wouldn't the other two seals, the first and second, have to have been broken prior?

Aren't the seals broken,opened, in order one after the other?

Oh. Ok, I understand now. Yes, they would. My contention in the OP is that both already have.

Worldwide food shortages yes, but with outright starvation hitting the hardest in Third World and Middle Eastern countries because they're much more dependent upon outside sources for their food supply.
That is more reasonable even though I don’t personally believe it will happen as described nor that there’s any connection to Revelation. I’d just heard that book tied to current events too often, none of which panned out as predicted.

I'd disagree on your first statement but agree on the second. Not something worth debating for now. Just clarifying that I take a different view on the pale horse, and think it was more likely Covid-19, and the initial stages of the conquest of the world's economy that came with it.
I was speaking about the white horse, the rider symbolizes the false Christ. He doesn't use arrows (war) to conquer, he uses "the strong delusion" (2 Thess. 2:7-12).

And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer. (Rev. 6:2 NKJ)

Back