Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Black Horse Is Coming Soon

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I apologize for any offense, it wasn't my intent. I cited the text to "support the boy who cried wolf" fable, not realizing you might think I directed it to you. That never crossed my mind.

I checked out the preterist position, it does shed light on some texts. But overall, I found the futurist position much more likely.
My very dear Alfred, thanks for you response. That is good of you. I can see why you would have quoted it. well, we disagree on eschatology but that is not a surprise.

I'll share this prospective which is a focus on what God is doing to bring sin to it's end.

The seven seals represent a seven step process that will, at the end of the 1,000 years, reveal everything about the love and full identity of Jesus Christ. The Father has ordained that everyone in the universe should know that Jesus Christ is Almighty God, just like Himself. Jesus is made of the same eternal substance as the Father and He has the same powers and prerogatives as the Father. Jesus is a separate, distinct, co-eternal member of the Godhead. Yet, Jesus was willing to lay aside His powers and prerogatives and surrender Himself to the will of the Father in order to save mankind. The humility of Jesus is also seen in the Father. After Jesus received the book sealed with seven seals, the Father took “a back seat.” The Father gave Jesus sovereign authority so that the drama of sin and the exoneration of God’s government of love could be brought to a successful conclusion. Jesus still continues to carry this enormous responsibility today.

The seven seals can be compared to seven political campaigns in the sense that the purpose of a political campaign is the exposure of a candidate with his or her ideas on “the way government should run.” The purpose of the seven seals is a seven- step exposure of Jesus as the savior of sinners, Almighty God, Prince of Peace, King of kings, and Lord of lords.

Seal Three – The Judgment of Jesus

Rev. 6:5
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

{5} The third living creature said to the assembled host, “Come and see the assignment the Lamb has given me!” I watched as the Holy Spirit transformed Himself into a rider on a black horse! He left Heaven with a pair of balancing scales in His hand. The Holy Spirit carried a solemn message to the people on Earth that Jesus had begun to cleanse Heaven’s temple.

Because the third seal indicates judgment and the third seal follows the formation of Bible societies in the second seal, the third seal had to have been broken after the formation of the Bible societies. I believe the third seal was broken in 1844. This seal perfectly aligns with the scene in Daniel 7:9,10 where the court was seated and “the books were opened.” The third seal aligns with the cleansing of Heaven’s temple mentioned in Daniel 8:14. Consider this: We know from the earthly temple services that the cleansing of the temple was a judicial process. The earthly temple became defiled by the record of sin and this necessitated an annual cleaning on the Day of Atonement. Similarly, Heaven’s temple has been defiled by the record of our sins and the assignment of guilt is determined during judgment. When all of the guilt is removed from Heaven’s temple and placed on the heads of sinners or the scapegoat, this will leave Heaven’s temple cleansed. Furthermore, Revelation 5:5 aligns with the exaltation of Jesus in Daniel 7:13,14. Jesus received the book sealed with seven seals and was given sovereign power in 1798 to conclude the sin problem and to exonerate the Father’s government. As each seal is broken, the events associated with it provide us a brighter revelation of all that Jesus is.

The pre-advent judgment illuminates the ministry of Jesus as the Judge of mankind. After Jesus broke open the third seal in 1844, He opened the Books of Record in Heaven and began to investigate the lives and deeds of men and women who have died throughout Earth’s history. The Holy Spirit led people into this timely understanding of truth around 1844. Unfortunately, the nature and importance of 1844 remains largely misunderstood by most Christians today. This darkness will evaporate when the next seal is broken because the judgment of the living begins with the fourth seal.

I'll share this prospective which is a focus on what God is doing to bring sin to it's end.

The seven seals represent a seven step process that will, at the end of the 1,000 years, reveal everything about the love and full identity of Jesus Christ. The Father has ordained that everyone in the universe should know that Jesus Christ is Almighty God, just like Himself. Jesus is made of the same eternal substance as the Father and He has the same powers and prerogatives as the Father. Jesus is a separate, distinct, co-eternal member of the Godhead. Yet, Jesus was willing to lay aside His powers and prerogatives and surrender Himself to the will of the Father in order to save mankind. The humility of Jesus is also seen in the Father. After Jesus received the book sealed with seven seals, the Father took “a back seat.” The Father gave Jesus sovereign authority so that the drama of sin and the exoneration of God’s government of love could be brought to a successful conclusion. Jesus still continues to carry this enormous responsibility today.

The seven seals can be compared to seven political campaigns in the sense that the purpose of a political campaign is the exposure of a candidate with his or her ideas on “the way government should run.” The purpose of the seven seals is a seven- step exposure of Jesus as the savior of sinners, Almighty God, Prince of Peace, King of kings, and Lord of lords.

Seal Three – The Judgment of Jesus

Rev. 6:5
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

{5} The third living creature said to the assembled host, “Come and see the assignment the Lamb has given me!” I watched as the Holy Spirit transformed Himself into a rider on a black horse! He left Heaven with a pair of balancing scales in His hand. The Holy Spirit carried a solemn message to the people on Earth that Jesus had begun to cleanse Heaven’s temple.

Because the third seal indicates judgment and the third seal follows the formation of Bible societies in the second seal, the third seal had to have been broken after the formation of the Bible societies. I believe the third seal was broken in 1844. This seal perfectly aligns with the scene in Daniel 7:9,10 where the court was seated and “the books were opened.” The third seal aligns with the cleansing of Heaven’s temple mentioned in Daniel 8:14. Consider this: We know from the earthly temple services that the cleansing of the temple was a judicial process. The earthly temple became defiled by the record of sin and this necessitated an annual cleaning on the Day of Atonement. Similarly, Heaven’s temple has been defiled by the record of our sins and the assignment of guilt is determined during judgment. When all of the guilt is removed from Heaven’s temple and placed on the heads of sinners or the scapegoat, this will leave Heaven’s temple cleansed. Furthermore, Revelation 5:5 aligns with the exaltation of Jesus in Daniel 7:13,14. Jesus received the book sealed with seven seals and was given sovereign power in 1798 to conclude the sin problem and to exonerate the Father’s government. As each seal is broken, the events associated with it provide us a brighter revelation of all that Jesus is.

The pre-advent judgment illuminates the ministry of Jesus as the Judge of mankind. After Jesus broke open the third seal in 1844, He opened the Books of Record in Heaven and began to investigate the lives and deeds of men and women who have died throughout Earth’s history. The Holy Spirit led people into this timely understanding of truth around 1844. Unfortunately, the nature and importance of 1844 remains largely misunderstood by most Christians today. This darkness will evaporate when the next seal is broken because the judgment of the living begins with the fourth seal.

Again, I would politely ask that this thread not be turned into just another round and round debate on eschatology. I intend on updating this thread with information of the coming food shortages and starvation that sets in as events develop.

Anyone who wishes to debate eschatology is certainly welcome to open their own thread for it and invite everyone there, but I am asking again to please keep this one free of clutter.

There was someone over at another forum who was arguing that the seven seals will not take place until the seventieth week of Daniel. I would have discussed it with him if he hadn't been so belligerent and obnoxious, but my answer in part is that if the tribulation martyrs knew exactly when His vengeance was coming (which in and of itself is problematic), they would not be pictured as asking Him "how long until you avenge our blood?" This is part of what occurs during the fifth seal, and if the fifth seal is postponed until the seventieth week, then they would know the answer to the question and not have to ask the Lord when His return was coming.

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been. (Revelation 6:9-11)

I try not to give my interpretaion of things in Revelation concerning the seals or the timing of things.

Rather we can learn alot from what Jesus and Paul, and the others taught to have a solid foundation of understanding in which to build our end time theology upon.

JLB

Again, I would politely ask that this thread not be turned into just another round and round debate on eschatology. I intend on updating this thread with information of the coming food shortages and starvation that sets in as events develop.

Anyone who wishes to debate eschatology is certainly welcome to open their own thread for it and invite everyone there, but I am asking again to please keep this one free of clutter.
Agreed. One question though, can I report food abundance or no shortages regularly if that is the case? That’s in keeping with the OP, right? I’m not trying to be cheeky. It’s a real question.

Last edited:
Agreed. One question though, can I report food abundance or no shortages regularly if that is the case? That’s in keeping with the OP, right? I’m not trying to be cheeky. It’s a real question.

Absolutely.

The things I present as interpretations of prophecy are nearly always something that can be verifiable in some way. If it proves out not to be, then I have reason to reevaluate things. If it does, then the established truths are something to build on.

The primary focus is on establishing accuracy from falsehood, so it would be entirely in keeping with the OP, and a welcome change from the usual go arounds which result in nothing but regurgitated theoretical back-and-forths again and again. No offense to anyone, but I find the former helpful; the latter however I find tiring, and quite frankly, boring.

I try not to give my interpretaion of things in Revelation concerning the seals or the timing of things.

I think discussing Eschatology is beneficial in the right contexts. The trouble is that the focus of threads on prophecy will immediately start jumping around like a jackrabbit being chased by a fox, and by Page 3 most have lost interest because it just turns into the same old cow mush of people arguing entirely opposite systems of interpretation back and forth.

It's kinda like reading an online debate on OSAS... for maybe the 20,000th time in your life, LoL.

I try to post interesting threads and keep them that way, if at all possible.

Most of the end-time narrative as described in the Book of Revelations is negative, and discusses just that: The judgment of God coming upon the earth, and eventually upon the kingdom of the Antichrist.

But Futurists point to the fulfillment of end-time prophecies as signs that the word of God is true.

So the book of Revelations appears to be negative, but it is no more negative than the curse that came with the law of Moses. But that was not the question that I asked of you. Why do you look to the judgement and wrath of God to prove the scriptures are true? If you wanted to prove the the Word of God is true, then should you not be proclaiming the salvation of Christ in the face of this mighty wrath?

In the book of Revelation it is written that the spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Christ. But your stated prophecy does not concern Christ and His kingdom that we might know the word of God is true; instead you prophecy to us of an Antichrist and the kingdoms of men.

Wars, rumors of wars, famines, earthquakes, plagues.....beginning of sorrows.... These things are not unique for this generation. The judgements come upon each generation in its turn.

Yes. Why are you asking?

If you had to ask why I am asking, then you really don't know the sign of Jonah.

An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign, but there shall no sign be given except......

As a futurist, are you a wicked and adulterous generation that seeks after a sign? If you want to prove the Word of God is true, then show us the salvation of Christ and the Kingdom of Heaven. Otherwise, you're just another Jonah sitting on a hill.

Thanks again for the info. A suggestion, perhaps for this thread or a new one. Expand your research, not just food scarcity, include unusual earthquakes (+tsunamis) , celestial phenomena, civil unrest, rumours of war....all the signs listed in Revelation chapter 6 and Matthew 24. That would be a powerful thread. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the info. A suggestion, perhaps for this thread or a new one. Expand your research, not just food scarcity, include unusual earthquakes (+tsunamis) , celestial phenomena, civil unrest, rumours of war....all the signs listed in Revelation chapter 6 and Matthew 24. That would be a powerful thread. Just a thought.

I tend to focus on one topic at a time, but I incorporate related threads into each other by referencing previous threads I've already posted. That way it all sort of comes back around on itself, if you know what I mean. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, btw. If I have time and space, I've been meaning to try and interact on some of your threads. It's just that I'm mostly staying off the forums right now. Too much contention, so I'm posting only when it's necessary.

God bless, and thanks again.
- H

I tend to focus on one topic at a time, but I incorporate related threads into each other by referencing previous threads I've already posted. That way it all sort of comes back around on itself, if you know what I mean. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, btw. If I have time and space, I've been meaning to try and interact on some of your threads. It's just that I'm mostly staying off the forums right now. Too much contention, so I'm posting only when it's necessary.

God bless, and thanks again.
- H
I am glad you took the time, it was an eye opener. Yes, there is contention, but we are to contend for what we believe. If we don't, who will? (Jude 1:3) But I'm looking forward to a friendly debate whenever you have the time. Peace.

So the book of Revelations appears to be negative, but it is no more negative than the curse that came with the law of Moses. But that was not the question that I asked of you. Why do you look to the judgement and wrath of God to prove the scriptures are true? If you wanted to prove the the Word of God is true, then should you not be proclaiming the salvation of Christ in the face of this mighty wrath?

In the book of Revelation it is written that the spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Christ. But your stated prophecy does not concern Christ and His kingdom that we might know the word of God is true; instead you prophecy to us of an Antichrist and the kingdoms of men.

Wars, rumors of wars, famines, earthquakes, plagues.....beginning of sorrows.... These things are not unique for this generation. The judgements come upon each generation in its turn.

If you had to ask why I am asking, then you really don't know the sign of Jonah.

An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign, but there shall no sign be given except......

As a futurist, are you a wicked and adulterous generation that seeks after a sign? If you want to prove the Word of God is true, then show us the salvation of Christ and the Kingdom of Heaven. Otherwise, you're just another Jonah sitting on a hill.

I've been asking politely that people not derail this thread, but since you are adamant in needing to discuss this I created another one to get other people's opinions on it. I don't relate to your argument, but maybe others will.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

You know, limiting the thread to reports of food shortages when there aren't any except possibly by holding in some places means we don't have much to talk about. I mean after your assumption that the black horse is chomping at the bit to get the food shortages going, what else can we say? So far grocery stores here are business as usual.

Maybe I could post some world events that demonstrate the contrary.

A very remarkable event, for example, is the response to the Ukrain war. Now young pups might think it matches Matthew 24. But those who have been here a few decades can plainly see that a war, world war, is being offered the nations and THEY DONT WANT IT. This is the first time in European history that someone started a war and none of the major players want war anymore. What is this? Ploughshares being formed from swords. There are few wars in the world even when a just reason is obvious. People as a whole don’t want war.

Now I am closer to the frontlines than most of you so I have a higher stake in the truth.

You know, limiting the thread to reports of food shortages when there aren't any except possibly by holding in some places means we don't have much to talk about. I mean after your assumption that the black horse is chomping at the bit to get the food shortages going, what else can we say?

My request is that the thread not simply be reduced to another eschatological free-for-all, and eventually utterly divorced from the driving thrust of the OP, and it was about to when I made my request.
So far grocery stores here are business as usual.

As per the OP, the primary areas that will eventually suffer from starvation will be the Third World.

The False Christ is the first rider so I don't think any seals have been unsealed yet. But food shortages don't happen in days, it builds up over time, sometimes years.

I'd disagree on your first statement but agree on the second. Not something worth debating for now. Just clarifying that I take a different view on the pale horse, and think it was more likely Covid-19, and the initial stages of the conquest of the world's economy that came with it.

Back