Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Church Throughout Revelations

Boy was the sermon great this morning. Can't wait till some of you can hear it.

I had no idea so much was in Chapter 5,

:cries OK Willie, you need to transcribe them. That is your task for the week :biggrin
Ya know what? I was just thinking that one of those "talk into your computer" programs might do a quick, fairly accurate job of transcribing a spoken sermon.

I'm going to look into that..... What's it called? Nuance Dragon?

EDIT: I just did........ too expensive for this po' boy.

Last edited:
They are expensive, but would like to have one especially when I am writing my classes I teach from, but then would have to do a lot of back editing so probably wouldn't be good for me.

I absolutely do not believe it ! Part II of the Rescuing Revelation Series has already been posted. I think this is the first time in years Jim has gotten the sermon posted the same day it was preached. Outstanding.

http://stpetevineyard.sermon.net/widget/player/1377 Yes, it really DOES start with a Seinfeld clip... don't get shook.

Last edited:
BTW................ That wasn't me in the Winn Dixie. (Wish it had been.)

Willie, maybe you could start a new thread with this as since I can not see it I can not reply on it as with my OP. Thanks.

Willie, maybe you could start a new thread with this as since I can not see it I can not reply on it as with my OP. Thanks.

This thread has been off topic almost from the beginning.. for_his_glory has been very quiet about it.. Thanks... f-h-g :)

Here again is the OP...
The Church, which represents the bride of Christ, will face much tribulation before we enter into the kingdom of God. There are many false teachings that teach we are taken out of here before some seven year Great Tribulation, but there is no scripture defining a seven year Great Tribulation. Some also teach that after Rev Chapter 4 the Church is no longer here on earth. If this were the case then why did Jesus say that those who endure until the end will be saved. The end of what, the end of days or as scripture calls it that great and terrible day of the Lord.

By studying all the scriptures below in Revelations I come to the conclusion we will face much tribulation, but not to fear what must come, but stand strong in the faith of Christ Jesus so we can endure until the coming of the Lord and be His witnesses as a faithful servant.

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 3:5; 19:8 Jesus is showing us to look for the signs of his coming

Rev 5:13; 6:16,17 On earth and under the earth are those who are still here until the end of days

Rev 6:9-11 Note where John says fellow servants and brethren that should be killed as they were and we are in the midst of the seven seals right now heading towards the seven trumpets

Rev 7:13-17 Which came out of great tribulation; fulfillment of the gentiles

Rev 8:13 Three woes are war, earthquakes, and meteors

Rev 13:11-18 Here John is showing us about Papal Rome (not Catholics) ruling the world again as a one world government. 666 represents action of the hands and thoughts of the mind

Rev 14:14-20 The harvest of Gods Children

Rev 16:11,15 And they repented not. We can only repent through Gods Spirit and if that Spirit dwells in the hearts of the believers then who would be left for anyone to repent if they wanted to

if we were already gone

Rev 18:23, 24 We have now come out of great tribulation of Papal Rome’s rule (not Catholics). This is Gods rapture of his bride or as scripture calls it being caught up to meet Jesus in the air

Rev 19:7,8 We have made ourselves ready by enduring great tribulations, even to death; we had to go through before the end of days

Rev 20:4-6 These verses show that we went through much annihilation and endured until Jesus came back in the clouds for us

Rev 20:12-15 The Great White Throne judgment and Jesus judgment for the works we did or did not do for him here on earth

Thank you reba, that's why I asked Willie to start a new thread so this one can stay on topic. I'm sure there is much to be studied within those sermons, but since I can not open them I can not reply as to what I wrote in the OP. :)

Therein, you have uncovered the main theme of the book..... which 95% of us totally miss. We think it is revealing some secrets about the future times.

As a matter of fact , the book of Revelation, or more precisely Apokalupsis (Apocalypse) primarily deals with the future, although at the time John wrote this prophecy, the Lord Jesus Christ said to him: "Write the things (1) which thou hast seen [past], (2) and the things which are [present], (3) AND THE THINGS WHICH SHALL BE HEREAFTER" [future] (Rev 1:19). Thus there are three segments which need to be discerned, include the future.

The first 5 chapters cover the things that are (but also foretell the things which shall be thereafter, e.g. the seven local churches in Asia Minor represent seven church ages in Christian history) whereas the last 17 chapters cover the things which shall be thereafter. Thus the Apocalyse is primarily a revelation or blueprint about future things, and only God Himself can reveal the future to mortal man.

These prophecies are not so much "secret" as they are not fully comprehensible to us. However, the events described fit into a very clear time frame in God's plan for this earth and for this universe. The first five seals have already been opened and the 6th and 7th seal periods are almost upon us.

The reason "95%" of Christians (presumably) are not clear about this book is because Bible prophecy per se is greatly neglected by preachers, and some have been indoctrinated into a false teaching regarding the Church and Israel, or the Church and the Tribulation Period. Thus we have theories such Preterism (everything has already been fulfilled), as well as all kinds of false ideas about the future, with no reference to Old Testament prophecies.

However, a careful study of this book is necessary since the Holy Spirit says to all the churches "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of THIS PROPHECY, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand" (Rev 1:3).

The reason John said "the time is at hand" is because all the apostles sincerely believed that the Lord Jesus Christ would return for His Church at any time, even within their lifetimes. That He has not returned is for two reasons: (a) for God a thousand years are as one day, which means about 2 days have transpired, and (b) God is still adding to His Church such as should be saved, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. Christ will come firstly FOR His saints at the Rapture and He will come secondly WITH His saints at the Revelation.

Back