Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Derailing Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My poor homestate D: (Okay okay, not really my homestate, I was just born there and lived there for a few months afterward.)

Hey Christ_empowered , you aren't caught in any of this are you?

hey..no, I'm not. I'm in the upstate, which is closer to the mountains. The coast, though...wow. I hear Charleston and far up as Columbia got hit hard.

And sometimes I'm so thankful for your loyalty
Your love regardless of
The mistakes I make will spoil me
My confidence is, in a sense, a gift you've given me
And I'm satisfied to realize you're all I'll ever need
~I Am Understood, by Relient K

(But seriously, me, go to bed.)

Yesterday I looked into taking a tour to
Russia now that they are a Christian country.
But it costs too much money.

Then I looked into a trip on a riverboat ride from New Orleans to St. Paul and back.
I think it would be cheaper to go around the world on the Queen Mary.

Then I looked into a trip to New Orleans, French Quarter.
My wife an I both got excited about going out and listening to music in the middle of the night.
Again it was too expensive.

Then I looked into a vacation to Las Vegas.
I was shocked.
A week at the Grand Hilton in the King suite for about $900.00 for a week.
It was too scary to get such a cheap price.
I ran away from it.

So now we are looking at staying at my brother in law's condo in St Petersburg along the intercoastal water way across from the Don Cesar.
There's always enough to do to make it a different trip every time we go.

don%20cesar%2022.jpg

My wife an I both got excited about going out and listening to music in the middle of the night.
Which translated means any time after 6:30 PM.

So now we are looking at staying at my brother in law's condo in St Petersburg along the intercoastal water way across from the Don Cesar.
I lived 6 miles in from the Gulf for twenty years.
I can count on two hands how many times I went to the beach. Okay, maybe two hands and one of my feet. The point being, it's strange how we'll spend thousands of dollars to visit far away places but rarely lift a finger to visit other people's far away places that exist in our own backyard.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back