Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

This country is going to go to HELL unless somehow, someway, we start teaching basic electronics - and do it soon.
Between the incompetence of auto repair shops in dealing with electronic troubles - and my own industry's horrible shortage of qualified technicians - I see a lot of money and time wasted.

I just spent a week in rural North Carolina working on a 911 system our former dealer put in and messed up...

Jesus_facepalm.jpg

This country is going to go to HELL unless somehow, someway, we start teaching basic electronics - and do it soon.
Between the incompetence of auto repair shops in dealing with electronic troubles - and my own industry's horrible shortage of qualified technicians - I see a lot of money and time wasted.

I just spent a week in rural North Carolina working on a 911 system our former dealer put in and messed up...

Jesus_facepalm.jpg
The problem with the auto side is the myriads of changes that occur.unless you work on the latest ,you will fall behind on some of the newest stuff.granted the basics of sensors,etc hasn't changed since the 50s.hall effect switching is recent and also photovoltaics.bit even those are over 30 years old.

Crestor took my cholesterol from 152 to 112, taking it every other day.
It also caused constipation.

I won't be taking it any more.

I got it down from 242 to 152 without meds. Wanted to see what Crestor would do. Took it every other day for 7 days before my blood work last Saturday. Pretty effective stuff, I admit.

But not worth it in my case...

I think Sonny Bill deserves sportsman of the year.

Some kid runs out on the field after the match, and some big like 6" 250lb security guard tackled and smoked the kid.

So Sonny Bill picks the kid up, gives a hug, walks them back to there parents in the crowd, takes his gold medal off and puts it around the kids neck.

As a great sports star will always say. Its not about them.

Last edited:
I've heard that studies say that introverts actually process things less directly than extroverts. Is that why how I picture myself reacting to something in my head is never how I actually act? Because I don't have the time to think about how to react when I have to react right away?

I'd be curious to know if there's more details on how that works.

Is that why how I picture myself reacting to something in my head is never how I actually act?

Situations rarely play out the way we think they will. Many things happen that we did not plan on, or think of. We react to the new data differently than we react to the imaginary situation we planned for.

Our human plans need to be flexible, because unpredictable things will inevitably happen.

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. Proverbs 15:22 NIV

Different people have different skills. Wise counsel is helpful. Asking the Lord for wisdom is very helpful.

If your doctor puts you back on it in the future, a daily prune, or some Metamucil may be helpful.
I take the generic form of Metamucil every day - without it, my redundant colon does not perform well - never has.
He hasn't taken me OFF it, I have. :)

One teacher told us that he perceived his job primarily as a babysitting service, to keep children off the streets.
Agreed.

But teaching electronics is not something I'd expect a high school to do (well, I did take basic electronics in 10th grade, come to think of it) - the level on which I am talking involves advanced math (up to and almost including first year calculus) as well as involved component-level troubleshooting techniques. I know that component-level repair is a thing of the past, for the most part, but my point is that without the skilll set for C/L repair, one lacks the skill set for much of electronic troubleshooting and diagnosis.

Agreed.

But teaching electronics is not something I'd expect a high school to do (well, I did take basic electronics in 10th grade, come to think of it) - the level on which I am talking involves advanced math (up to and almost including first year calculus) as well as involved component-level troubleshooting techniques. I know that component-level repair is a thing of the past, for the most part, but my point is that without the skilll set for C/L repair, one lacks the skill set for much of electronic troubleshooting and diagnosis.

But, of course, the conventional thinking is that C/L is not needed anymore - hence the fact that the people working on your car waste labor and hundreds of dollars changing modules in a vain attempt to isolate a problem. See why it can cost $800 to $3000 for a repair on your car - where I have fixed my car and many others in the club in an hour with no parts needed? :shame

Oh glob it's back ;-;
I'll be missing church again today
My back hates me, and this time the heating pad is barely helping...I hope that doesn't mean it's getting worse. I can't afford a doctor visit.

Back