Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Well, not too terrible tonight. Some pain and fatigue, but manageable. Studying one of my Japanese lessons. Arigato for asking!
I'm glad your pain is managable. Better than unbearable you know?
I really ought to study Japanese more...

Yes. Maybe the lights are working. I hope. Yes, studying a foreign language is tough; this is where the karate-training comes in handy, for the discipline it teaches.

I was playing WOW, but its ticking me off so I quit. Did some reading tonight.... Might read more later. I'm watching my favorite News show, Its' Called "World News Now" on ABC.

Yeah. It's fun :)
My friend helped me figure the game out, otherwise I wouldn't know what to do.
I've got the hang of it...or so I think .. .now! :biggrin

Do you play?

No, in fact I've only seen it once in ready mode and am only vaguely knowledgeable on what it even is. Can you explain it to me? You're fighting other WOWs on the internet?

Hmm.. Well, a brief explanation:

You create a character. (Night elves, Humans, Trolls, Goblins), You choose the way it looks, and what race it is, and what they do. (Some are hunters, rogues, warriors, etc.)

The game is mostly of quests. Such as one says, "Kill 10 bears" and you do that, then you go back to the person who asked you to do the quest and they give your armor, money, food, etc. Quests are the way you level up and the highest level is 100.

You can mine rocks, or collect herbs, or cook food, fun things like that. You can buy or sell whatever you wish.

There are some quests that you can only do with other players, but there aren't many like that. You can fight someone too, all you do is ask and they accept or deny your offer. I don't fight others.

All the quests are different. And there are lots of people who play that you can be friends with. The friend I usually play with is a good friend, I don't really talk to strangers. Speaking of, you can role play, but I don't do that either.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions let me know!

Excellent. Finally understand after so many years of hearing the term but no idea what it was about. I thought it was about fighting because when I saw it my friend showed me a muscular character with a huge sword that he created. But he was a chopper pilot in Viet Nam, so was probably most comfortable as a warrior.

One of my characters was named Hitode, but I deleted her.

Like this one...
images

What is "JLPT N4"
"Japanese Language Proficiency Test", an international standardized test for non-native speakers of Japanese. It has 5 ability levels, with N5 the lowest (I passed this last December), and N1 the highest (very difficult).

Back