Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

10569071_745178095527765_6015565717445547585_n.jpg

The TOG​

Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

Try to guess who said that and when before you look.

Socrates - 470 BC – 399 BC

The TOG​

Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.

The TOG​
and some think that the world is getting worse. looks like its always been the same.

The TOG​
I don't know.But I see that Socrates said it?Kids from the 40s and 50s were much more respectful than the kids of today.

I don't know.But I see that Socrates said it?Kids from the 40s and 50s were much more respectful than the kids of today.
whom Is really in part to blame for that? yes the parent can raise his child right and they still go astray but in parent the 40's and 50's baby boomers were part of the hippie revolution. im a kid of that generation my dad born in 48 and mom in 49. thus im a gen x'er

The article I read that in was about people's prejudiced views of teenagers. It said they're not nearly as bad as they are made out to be.

The TOG​

and some think that the world is getting worse. looks like its always been the same.

A wise man once said: "What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun." (Ecc. 1:9 ESV)

The TOG​

This just in:

Queue: News-room ticker sound...

A Koala Bear has recently received mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from a woman who had previous experience reviving a dog.

Now wait just a second here. What was that? She had previous experience reviving a dog? And what? That qualified her for the mouth-to-mouth on a koala bear? I dunno about that. People in Australia (except maybe our Nick Eora ) need to get a little tougher on who is and who is not qualified to revive the koalas, right?

Oh, what? You're not sure if I am trolling? Maybe I'm just making this up in order to derail the derailing thread? Yeah, maybe. But if that was the case, why would I include THIS LINK ? Huh?

Back