Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

:lol
b45d8810be8f798c640f32f717a2bc17.jpg
Good idea

:lol
b45d8810be8f798c640f32f717a2bc17.jpg
Good idea

That reminds me of a story I once heard. There was a pastor who preached at two churches every Sunday. He would finish at one church, and go directly to the second church, and he could barely make it in time for the service. He often had a hard time getting a parking space, which meant that he was often late. He decided to reserve one parking space in the church parking lot for himself, but it didn't do any good. There was always somebody parked there when he arrived. Then he had an idea...

2611077999_384803f709.jpg

After that, he always found his parking space empty.

The TOG​

That reminds me of a story I once heard. There was a pastor who preached at two churches every Sunday. He would finish at one church, and go directly to the second church, and he could barely make it in time for the service. He often had a hard time getting a parking space, which meant that he was often late. He decided to reserve one parking space in the church parking lot for himself, but it didn't do any good. There was always somebody parked there when he arrived. Then he had an idea...

2611077999_384803f709.jpg

After that, he always found his parking space empty.

The TOG​
That reminds me of a Lutheran Church I used to attend many years ago.There was a reserved parking place only for the pastor.I did not think that was right.

Its all about being positive. A good attitude.

As it coming to the end of winter into the beautiful spring, i am really looking forward to the water temp warming up so the fishing will start picking up again and looking forward to cathcing some more 50+lb fish off the dock for this new upcoming season. Im looking forward to getting out for a surf this year and land some barrels and get the fitness back up. ( only a surfer knows this feeling)

Im already looking ahead, excited, and ready to go.

Its time to turn off the TV and computer soon. Id rather be catching waves and catching fish than watching fear splattered all over a screen.
I am ready for the temperatures to get colder.This heat has been killing me.

Yes but did you know that 67 cents from every litre of petrol( 2.50 a gallon), i purchase for my BOAT is collected by the gov as road "excise tax" , even though i don’t use my boat on the road?

This works out to be around $67 million dollars each year that recreational fishers pay in road tax.

The point here is that the gov is well paid by rec fishers. With an annual spend of around $3 billion dollars on recreational fishing, this fuel tax is only a small part of the economic contribution generated by a healthy recreational fishing industry.
that is the same in America. would you suggest that they die the gas as they do with diesel in America. we have off road diesel and on road diesel the later is only for ag usage and also tax exempts usage. ie a government entity may use. get caught with the wrong stuff and see yourself in jail.

im not bothered by that if its used properly. we fund sidewalks and cops via gas taxes. there is no ad valorem for the sheriff's department. just 911 dispatch. I will recheck my ad valorem and post if I can edit my name out.

Back