Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Man, it sucks when shows do this to you.
It's like...the manga completely jumped the shark in just two chapters. I mean, the writing quality hasn't been up to par with it's heyday for several years, but it hasn't been THIS bad. It's like the author made it bad on purpose or something. And he left SO MANY loose ends!
writers burn out. I have followed a lot of shows to see that coming. ie star trek:tng and also sg1. and others.

writers burn out. I have followed a lot of shows to see that coming. ie star trek:tng and also sg1. and others.
Personally, the ending is so bad, and the characters in the final chapter were so OOC, I'm just not accepting this chapter. Nopenopenope. Headcanon time!

I was thinking of that. how long was Naruto? what 8 years?

But but....
The final chapter was a timeskip. And the Naruto in that chapter is not the Naruto I've been rooting for since chapter one. He's all srsbsns and Naruto without his goofy smile and silly, lovable personality just isn't Naruto.
TT_TT
I have plenty of other problems with the chapter, too, but I won't post them here. In short, Kishimoto didn't deliver on so many themes, foreshadowings, etc, etc, etc--oh, and lots of character development just vanished into thin air. It doesn't feel like an ending at all, and certainly not the conclusive ending he promised us.

and you expected them to go that long without having some changes? I remember myself 15 years ago. trust me there has been some changes. its life.i know its fantasy but well? remember that often with shows the networks will push them writers to move in a direction that is what will draw in more viewers. sometimes quality gets lost in that process.

and you expected them to go that long without having some changes? I remember myself 15 years ago. trust me there has been some changes. its life.i know its fantasy but well? remember that often with shows the networks will push them writers to move in a direction that is what will draw in more viewers. sometimes quality gets lost in that process.
He said years ago that he had the end already planned out. That all he had to do was fill in the blank space that comes before the end. Well, the end that his chapters have been leading up to is nothing like the end we got.=/ It's like a completely different manga.

He said years ago that he had the end already planned out. That all he had to do was fill in the blank space that comes before the end. Well, the end that his chapters have been leading up to is nothing like the end we got.=/
same thing in part with Babylon 5 which in part showed the ending of its series at the pilot episode and filled in the scenes and story as it went along. it was meant to end in 5 years and it did.

Meh, don't mind me, I'm just pretty bummed that I've been following this series only to get this as an ending. I'm venting. xD

Meh, don't mind me, I'm just pretty bummed that I've been following this series only to get this as an ending. I'm venting. xD
at least you didn't cry over the death of a female character and last episode of a darn good entertainment.

at least you didn't cry over the death of a female character and last episode of a darn good entertainment.
xD

On the positive side...
I don't regret getting into this series. There has been a lot to like about it. I love the lessons, themes, characters, character development...and I will always love the series for those, the parts that pulled me deeper into the story. No regrets.

xD

On the positive side...
I don't regret getting into this series. There has been a lot to like about it. I love the lessons, themes, characters, character development...and I will always love the series for those, the parts that pulled me deeper into the story. No regrets.
darn why did they have to kill off pilot?

I like Hopalong Cassady

Poster_-_Eagle%27s_Brood,_The_01.jpg

Exactly 50 years ago, this was the number 1 song in the US.

Today, this is the number 1 song in the US.

At what point did people forget how to write and perform good music?

The TOG

I removed the second video it does not comply with our rules... the most the music of today is just trash... reba

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the second video it does not comply with our rules... the most the music of today is just trash... reba

Sorry... I didn't listen to all the lyrics, but it doesn't really surprise me. I'll be more careful next time.

The TOG​

I like a lot of modern music, but I don't understand the appeal of the stuff that tends to play on the radio. They pay big money to get there, I guess?
Heck, I'm no fan of rap, but there's rap that's way way way better than what you'll hear played on the radio stations.

Back