Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "End Times"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That part you quoted from Rev.12:10 is one of the things that jumps at me. Why does salvation come "now"?... because salvation was before. You see what I mean? They can't mean nobody was saved before this. So it has to do with realization, or "revelation", knowing Jesus. They're not saying, "We now have salvation." They're saying, "We now realize salvation."
It's not that God changed something. It's that our understanding of God changed. Does that make sense?
I hope I do this correctly:
The appearance of the Messiah was prophesied. It was a done deal that he was coming. At the time of prophesy it was Word of God
Then
The word became flesh and dwelt among men.

Jesus prophesied his suffering and death. At that time it was words. At the point of death Jesus said it is finished.
The reality of salvation moved up a notch. At the resurrection it will be completed.

The second Adam became a quickening spirit that can IMHO change our heart to flesh. When the law was promised to be in heart and mind it was going to happen. It existed as words. When Jesus started knocking to enter us it was more complete.

I read prophecy and consider it done, but it does get done / completed.

Eternal life was possible in Eden, if you continued to eat of the tree of life. ( lowest level of eternal life ).
Now there is eternity with God promised (book of life ).

We see through a glass darkly.

eddif

Last edited:
I don't know if the last antichrist will go into a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. Paul said,

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work 2Thes.2:7

amd John said,

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist 1Jn.2:22

and Jesus said,

Ye are of your father the devil, Jn.8:44

When our Lord returns, all of the ungodly are burned up, so what's the difference?
I'm not talking about a third Temple as I don't think there is any need for one since we are the true Temple of God, 1Corinthians 3:16-17.

The mystery does already work as the deadly wound of the beast was healed in 1929 by Mussolini.

The ungodly are not burned up, but in final judgement are cast into the lake of fire and remembered no more, Rev 20:11-15.

I hope I do this correctly:
The appearance of the Messiah was prophesied. It was a done deal that he was coming. At the time of prophesy it was Word of God
Then
The word became flesh and dwelt among men.

Jesus prophesied his suffering and death. At that time it was words. At the point of death Jesus said it is finished.
The reality of salvation moved up a notch. At the resurrection it will be completed.

The second Adam became a quickening spirit that can IMHO change our heart to flesh. When the law was promised to be in heart and mind it was going to happen. It existed as words. When Jesus started knocking to enter us it was more complete.

I read prophecy and consider it done, but it does get done / completed.

Eternal life was possible in Eden, if you continued to eat of the tree of life. ( lowest level of eternal life ).
Now there is eternity with God promised (book of life ).

We see through a glass darkly.

eddif
Yes, through a glass, a mirror, looking at a representation of heaven on earth,

And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. Isa.25:7

Our dear Savior Jesus is that mountain. God in heaven merciful to people who sin against him. His Son merciful to people who crucified him. Horrible sin.

I'm not talking about a third Temple as I don't think there is any need for one since we are the true Temple of God, 1Corinthians 3:16-17.

The mystery does already work as the deadly wound of the beast was healed in 1929 by Mussolini.

The ungodly are not burned up, but in final judgement are cast into the lake of fire and remembered no more, Rev 20:11-15.
Sorry. I thought you were referring to a man made temple. Some believe that. I don't.

I think the deadly wound was "healed" because our Lord allowed the beast to continue after his great victory over him.

As far as the end of the wicked, I'm a proponent of annihilation.

I think I will attempt to finish your thought.

2 Corinthians 3:13 kjv
13. And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14. But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
And your verses
16. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The veil in the temple was torn at the death of Jesus. Our veil is enlightened ( eyes of our understanding) when we are in Christ and Christ is in us.

The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. The rod and staff comfort us. The fire burns up the dross. Being purified is no fun, but works a great work.

Job 38:9 kjv
9. When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10. And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11. And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

God knew of suffering, and set boundaries for it. God told Satan he could not take Jobs life.
The beach absorbs the angry waves of the storm. Jesus bore our sins on the cross.

We have an advocate with the Father in heaven, and the quickening spirit of the second Adam can be in us here on earth.

Well maybe I added other redneck info from others. LOL

eddif

I think I will attempt to finish your thought.

2 Corinthians 3:13 kjv
13. And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
14. But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
And your verses
16. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The veil in the temple was torn at the death of Jesus. Our veil is enlightened ( eyes of our understanding) when we are in Christ and Christ is in us.

The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. The rod and staff comfort us. The fire burns up the dross. Being purified is no fun, but works a great work.

Job 38:9 kjv
9. When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10. And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11. And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

God knew of suffering, and set boundaries for it. God told Satan he could not take Jobs life.
The beach absorbs the angry waves of the storm. Jesus bore our sins on the cross.

We have an advocate with the Father in heaven, and the quickening spirit of the second Adam can be in us here on earth.

Well maybe I added other redneck info from others. LOL

eddif
Many walk around with a veil covering their eyes from seeing the truth that only comes by the Holy Spirit and the word of God as they are carried away unknowingly by the false doctrines believing the lies of Satan. It is only when we allow the veil to be removed is when we will see truth.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Sorry. I thought you were referring to a man made temple. Some believe that. I don't.

I think the deadly wound was "healed" because our Lord allowed the beast to continue after his great victory over him.

As far as the end of the wicked, I'm a proponent of annihilation.
It's when we learn about the four Empires that Daniel wrote about and the history of each of them, especially the last one, then we will know who the beast out of the sea and out of the earth are and why we need to flee from them. A mystery remains a mystery until one is ready to have it revealed to them in what part mystery Babylon will play in the end of days in whom the son of perdition will be.

It's when we learn about the four Empires that Daniel wrote about and the history of each of them, especially the last one, then we will know who the beast out of the sea and out of the earth are and why we need to flee from them. A mystery remains a mystery until one is ready to have it revealed to them in what part mystery Babylon will play in the end of days in whom the son of perdition will be.
Well, as Daniel saw the beasts as separate, John describes them in one body. And Babylon is said to be the "mother" of harlots, so these entities have been around for a long time.
I understand that others will come, but they will do what their predecessors have done. This is why people have called me a preterist. I don't believe all prophecy has been fulfilled in the sense that all the beasts are past, but I do believe all prophecy is fulfilled in Christ in the sense that the reason every beast that has come or will come persecutes people because of their faith in our Lord.
Anyway, I've always been a bit perplexed about mystery Babylon being destroyed by the ten kings, because Babylon hates God, so you would think the beast would support Babylon.
I think it might have something to do with Babylon representing worldly religions. There's a part in Daniel where it says the beast has no desire for "women" and Paul says the beast wants people to worship only him as God. So maybe he ends all worship that isn't for him. I don't know. It's strange.

Well, as Daniel saw the beasts as separate, John describes them in one body. And Babylon is said to be the "mother" of harlots, so these entities have been around for a long time.
I understand that others will come, but they will do what their predecessors have done. This is why people have called me a preterist. I don't believe all prophecy has been fulfilled in the sense that all the beasts are past, but I do believe all prophecy is fulfilled in Christ in the sense that the reason every beast that has come or will come persecutes people because of their faith in our Lord.
Anyway, I've always been a bit perplexed about mystery Babylon being destroyed by the ten kings, because Babylon hates God, so you would think the beast would support Babylon.
I think it might have something to do with Babylon representing worldly religions. There's a part in Daniel where it says the beast has no desire for "women" and Paul says the beast wants people to worship only him as God. So maybe he ends all worship that isn't for him. I don't know. It's strange.
We just have to watch out for the bandwagon teachings that are out there and study for ourselves.

This is sort of an aside. Please just let it be a comment. End times?
I do not have a clue.

Cermet is pretty near clay and iron mixed. The turbochargers on gasoline and diesel vehicles use cermet on the high temperature side of the turbo. The petroleum vehicles are using turbos big time lately.

Just a comment.

eddif

I agree. If people are taught and believe something that isn't true, it's very difficult to see the truth after that.
James 1:5 kjv
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I believe for_his_glory is suggesting the Holy Spirit leading individuals into truth. All men can have the eyes of their understanding enlightened.

eddif

James 1:5 kjv
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I believe for_his_glory is suggesting the Holy Spirit leading individuals into truth. All men can have the eyes of their understanding enlightened.

eddif
That's for sure. Different interpretations exist because the holy Spirit isn't speaking through people.

That's for sure. Different interpretations exist because the holy Spirit isn't speaking through people.
Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

God does speak to individuals.

Revelation 1:20 kjv
20. The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Messages are sent to the Churches.

Along with / including warnings.
Revelation 2:4 kjv
4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Mesages may be canceled to a specific church or individual ( read all letters ). The other churches / individuals may still be receiving messages.

Do I understand it all? No.

eddif

Rule of thumb for studying is to study for yourself, not being led by man, and test the spirits that are teaching you.

2Tim 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Tim 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

1John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

This is sort of an aside. Please just let it be a comment. End times?
I do not have a clue.

Cermet is pretty near clay and iron mixed. The turbochargers on gasoline and diesel vehicles use cermet on the high temperature side of the turbo. The petroleum vehicles are using turbos big time lately.

Just a comment.

eddif
???

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

God does speak to individuals.

Revelation 1:20 kjv
20. The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Messages are sent to the Churches.

Along with / including warnings.
Revelation 2:4 kjv
4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Mesages may be canceled to a specific church or individual ( read all letters ). The other churches / individuals may still be receiving messages.

Do I understand it all? No.

I'm not a know if all eithe.
Well, the messages include loss, so they're not cancelled, but fulfilled.
I do know God increases his knowledge to faithful followers of his Son,

And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: Isa.58:10

Daniel 2:43 kjv
43. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay

???

eddif
And how do you understand this scripture in Daniel 2:43?

And how do you understand this scripture in Daniel 2:43?
It really gets interesting. Normally iron and clay do not mix.
Jump to Revelation 13.

The two beasts work miracles? The union with man is weak.

Electricity will help evangelize the world?
If coal fired power plants do not pollute the air.

Medicine will help us evangelize the world?
If we do not create too many super bugs ( bacteria resistant to everything ).

The internet will help evangelize the world?
If the heresy does not win out.

Transportation will help evangelize the world?
If we do not kill to many people.

Down to clay and iron mixed by magic arts, or science / chemistry if you like another word better. At first we think science will deliver us, but it is a weak bond. We come out better with the spiritual gifts.

Covid does not seem to respond fully to mRNA. I am calling for an elder like Paul did. I wonder if the chosen elder is saying ( I am not going to eddif I have heard a lot negative stuff about him ).

Again cermet is a fake miracle, but right now super tough metal lathes use cutting tools made of cermet. Oh it is wonderful. Might not provide eternal life though.

The kingdom has been preached from John the Baptist. Not ships, spices, horses, chariots etc.

You asked.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back