Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Eternal Kingdom/Reign of Jesus Christ

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Melchizedek can't be a being with no beginning. He can be one with no end as even us in Christ according to the Lord's own word will never die.
I have no problem with you believing in the orthodox version of the trinity. I am not in the least offended by the trinity. My Jesus is all that the Father is but has always been the Son and He and His Father are one.

This was also written about Melchizedek. I would state he was a mortal man.
This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

About Jesus
For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

So without genealogy and stating Jesus's genealogy is the same writings suggest the priesthood wasn't based on genealogy, Father or Mother and a beginning of a priesthood starting with a ancestor.

Yet this was shown
one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life.

The writer has to be in error as Melchizedek can't be a being with no beginning. And Jesus can't be Melchizedek as there would be no need to appoint Him a 2nd time.

Well, there you have it. You don't believe what is written.

(Heb. 7:3) "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually."

Clear declaration of the eternality of God the Son, and thus also God the Father and Holy Spirit.

Quantrill

Reactions: JLB
Well, there you have it. You don't believe what is written.

(Heb. 7:3) "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually."

Clear declaration of the eternality of God the Son, and thus also God the Father and Holy Spirit.

Quantrill
As I stated Melchizedek cannot be a being with no beginning.

Jesus=>Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
Jesus=>Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

As I stated Melchizedek cannot be a being with no beginning.

Jesus=>Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
Jesus=>Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Again, it doesn't matter. Melchizedek is presented as a type of the Son Who is eternal.

Quantrill

well, this translation is not what the Hebrew says:

" אֱלָהִֽין׃ לְבַר־", literally, "a son of gods". the plural is used.

Elohim is plural.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Did God create the heavens and earth or did gods?

JLB

Again, it doesn't matter. Melchizedek is presented as a type of the Son Who is eternal.

Quantrill
I does matter and I don't think the writer of hebrews, a hebrew, would have the belief in a eternal Melchizedek as in no beginning which is why I think his point was the in the order of priesthood he was speaking of not the priest a order that didn't begin with a ancestor wasn't based on genealogy or father and mother but by Gods appointment.

Either Way you don't believe what the head of the body of christ stated.
He lives by the Father and the Father is the only true God.

I asked you a question but I don't see your answer so I'll ask again
Jesus calls the Father the only true God. If He always was and always was God how do you believe in one God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit My spirit?"

I does matter and I don't think the writer of hebrews, a hebrew, would have the belief in a eternal Melchizedek as in no beginning which is why I think his point was the in the order of priesthood he was speaking of not the priest a order that didn't begin with a ancestor wasn't based on genealogy or father and mother but by Gods appointment.

Jesus calls the Father the only true God. If He always was and always was God how do you believe in one God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit My spirit?"

By your own reasoning Jesus Christ is a false God!

By your own reasoning Jesus Christ is a false God!
No as only in the context that He is all that the Father is could He be stated as God.
The deity in Christ is the Father. The indestructible life in the Son is the Father. They are one in that manner. Jesus is the image of the Father.

Is Jesus God?
He never dies.
Yes, He is all that the Father is.
No, He has always been the Son.

The Father is my God. Jesus is my Lord.

The writer of (Hebrews), Paul, was writing what the Holy Spirit led him to write.

Again, Melchizedek is being presented like the Son is. Eternal.

Therefore, his presthood is also eternal.

I believe everything Christ said.

Well, I give you Scripture and you respond by saying it isn't true. It is a mistake made by the writer. What is the purpose of answering your questions when you don't believe the Scripture? When you don't believe what is written is the Word of God?

When you resort to that, as you have done, then your questions are not sincere. If I can prove otherwise in the Scripture, it can be written off by saying you believe the writer made a mistake.

Give me your questions with verses.

Quantrill

No as only in the context that He is all that the Father is could He be stated as God.
The deity in Christ is the Father. The indestructible life in the Son is the Father. They are one in that manner. Jesus is the image of the Father.

Is Jesus God?
He never dies.
Yes, He is all that the Father is.
No, He has always been the Son.

The Father is my God. Jesus is my Lord.
do you believe that the Bible teaches that The Father is YHWH. Jesus Christ is YHWH. The Holy Spirit is YHWH?

Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Who are 100% EQUALLY Almighty God!

Agreed.

The Son is no less Almighty God than the Father.

However, the Son is subject to and expresses the Father’s will.

You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. John 14:28

JLB

do you believe that the Bible teaches that The Father is YHWH. Jesus Christ is YHWH. The Holy Spirit is YHWH?
I believe in one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. I believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father. And as we already discussed I believe the fullness of the Fathers Deity dwells in Jesus. There is oneness in that.

The writer of (Hebrews), Paul, was writing what the Holy Spirit led him to write.

Again, Melchizedek is being presented like the Son is. Eternal.

Therefore, his presthood is also eternal.

I believe everything Christ said.

Well, I give you Scripture and you respond by saying it isn't true. It is a mistake made by the writer. What is the purpose of answering your questions when you don't believe the Scripture? When you don't believe what is written is the Word of God?

When you resort to that, as you have done, then your questions are not sincere. If I can prove otherwise in the Scripture, it can be written off by saying you believe the writer made a mistake.

Give me your questions with verses.

Quantrill
I don't know that Paul wrote Hebrews. I am amazed at the number of citations used from all over the bible by the writer. The writer was very knowledgeable of the scriptures. But to me it's not a possibility that Melchizedek can be a being with no beginning because there is other scripture/testimony about the one and "only" true God.

The head of the body of Christ=>Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

The head of the body of Christ=>Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

I don't know that Paul wrote Hebrews. I am amazed at the number of citations used from all over the bible by the writer. The writer was very knowledgeable of the scriptures. But to me it's not a possibility that Melchizedek can be a being with no beginning because there is other scripture/testimony about the one and "only" true God.

The head of the body of Christ=>Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

The head of the body of Christ=>Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Yes, I know. You don't believe what it says. That has been established over and over again.

Neither are you listening either. I have repeatedly said, it doesn't matter who exactly Melchizedek was. He is presented in Scripture as 'like unto the Son of God'. Eternal. (Heb. 7:3)

And how is he presented as 'like unto the Son of God'? "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God...." (Heb. 7:3)

These things are true of God the Son. Jesus Christ had descent and genealogy. He had beginning of days. But God the Son is eternal. Making God the Father and Holy Spirit eternal also. Always have been.

This is clear testimony to the eternality of God. It says exactly what you don't want to hear, for some reason. Thus you reject it. You have said that if God had just stated it you would know it. Well, here God has stated it. Now you know. Instead of receiving it as the Word of God and true, you say the writer made a mistake. You reject the Bible as the Word of God.

Quantrill

Yes, I know. You don't believe what it says. That has been established over and over again.

Neither are you listening either. I have repeatedly said, it doesn't matter who exactly Melchizedek was. He is presented in Scripture as 'like unto the Son of God'. Eternal. (Heb. 7:3)

And how is he presented as 'like unto the Son of God'? "Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God...." (Heb. 7:3)

These things are true of God the Son. Jesus Christ had descent and genealogy. He had beginning of days. But God the Son is eternal. Making God the Father and Holy Spirit eternal also. Always have been.

This is clear testimony to the eternality of God. It says exactly what you don't want to hear, for some reason. Thus you reject it. You have said that if God had just stated it you would know it. Well, here God has stated it. Now you know. Instead of receiving it as the Word of God and true, you say the writer made a mistake. You reject the Bible as the Word of God.

Quantrill
According to Jesus the Father is the only true God. Therefore what you believe in this one scripture is irrelevant.

According to Jesus the Father is the only true God. Therefore what you believe in this one scripture is irrelevant.

I believe in one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. I believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father. And as we already discussed I believe the fullness of the Fathers Deity dwells in Jesus. There is oneness in that.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. Romans 8:9

The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are the same.

The Spirit of Christ is omnipresent, and dwells in all of His people.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Whenever an OT prophesied saying thus says the Lord, it was the Spirit of Christ in them speaking.

I am the LORD, your Holy One,
The Creator of Israel, your King.
Isaiah 43:15

JLB

JLB

Back