Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The False Doctrine of a 7-year Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Its not hard to find if you look and is still here...
Yes, but if your link proves true, that means the Antichrist has been here now for some 1700 years. Give or take. However, I am in agreement that the Catholic organization is definitely a part of the last days prophecies. And not in a good way.

God bless
Ted

Yes, but if your link proves true, that means the Antichrist has been here now for some 1700 years. Give or take. However, I am in agreement that the Catholic organization is definitely a part of the last days prophecies. And not in a good way.

God bless
Ted
There have been antichristS, in which the spirit of Antichrist dwells, and there's the final, ultimate Antichrist. In the OT, every major hero was a type of Christ, you know, Abel, Isaac, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David, Solomon, Daniel. They manifested some characteristics of Christ, but they were not THE Christ. Satan was doing the same thing, he had been making types of Antichrist, from Nero to Schwab, all these bloody dictators were foreshadowing the final Antichrist, Hitler was probably the closest, they were given power to reign over a certain region as an antichrist. Eventually you'll have the final one reigning over the whole earth.

Hi Carry_Your_Name
and there's the final, ultimate Antichrist.
Yes, and I'm pretty sure that's the one we're talking about.
every major hero was a type of Christ, you know, Abel, Isaac, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David, Solomon, Daniel. They manifested some characteristics of Christ, but they were not THE Christ.
No, they have just been people, just like you and I living their lives. Some choosing to honor God in their lives and some choosing not to. Of course, the Scriptures, which tell us all about the lives and history of a specific group of people upon the earth, that were raised up to do God's bidding, is pretty naturally going to have some accounts of both.

I don't hold to the idea that just because someone in their life had times where they did things in accordance with God's will for them... as being any 'type' of christ any more than I believe that I'm a 'type' of christ when I do good. You may want to look up what the Greek word 'Christ' defines. I don't hold that I'm particularly special or anointed.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Carry_Your_Name

Yes, and I'm pretty sure that's the one we're talking about.

No, they have just been people, just like you and I living their lives. Some choosing to honor God in their lives and some choosing not to. Of course, the Scriptures, which tell us all about the lives and history of a specific group of people upon the earth, that were raised up to do God's bidding, is pretty naturally going to have some accounts of both.

I don't hold to the idea that just because someone in their life had times where they did things in accordance with God's will for them... as being any 'type' of christ any more than I believe that I'm a 'type' of christ when I do good. You may want to look up what the Greek word 'Christ' defines. I don't hold that I'm particularly special or anointed.

God bless,
Ted
Typology is a legit interpretation based on the principle of interpretting the bible with itself. These heroes were no ordinary men, their biographies all point to Christ in one way or another. Only can you truly understand their stories in the OT when you read Christ in them.

Typology is a legit interpretation based on the principle of interpretting the bible with itself. These heroes were no ordinary men, their biographies all point to Christ in one way or another. Only can you truly understand their stories in the OT when you read Christ in them.
Ok. I'll take your word for it that's what you believe.

God bless,
Ted

Ok. I'll take your word for it that's what you believe.

God bless,
Ted
That's not just my word. Don't you know that Jesus was called the Last Adam? He was a type of Christ who is to come, Rom. 5:14. The profile and character of Christ didn't come out of nowhere, the clues are scattered all over the OT.

Hi Carry_Your_Name
Jesus was called the Last Adam?
Yes, but that would mean that Jesus was somehow like Adam... not that Adam was somehow like Jesus. I believe the reference to Jesus being the second or last Adam has to do with the process that brought them to life. That seems to be what Paul writes to us:

So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

God bless,
Ted

The reference to Adam came into existence absolutely sinless .
If Adam had not sinned he would have never died .
No other human since Adam has ever been come into the world sinless.
Curious is to me, and a question I don't anyone can really know the answer to but God , is the question of whether or not Adam and Eve would have born Children had they not sinned ?
The Bible says we are born in sin, which seems to contradict such a possibility.
Human existence would have been limited to Just Adam & Eve it seems ?
They were only commanded to pro-create after the fall to sin I believe.?

The reference to Adam came into existence absolutely sinless .
If Adam had not sinned he would have never died .
No other human since Adam has ever been come into the world sinless.
Curious is to me, and a question I don't anyone can really know the answer to but God , is the question of whether or not Adam and Eve would have born Children had they not sinned ?
The Bible says we are born in sin, which seems to contradict such a possibility.
Human existence would have been limited to Just Adam & Eve it seems ?
They were only commanded to pro-create after the fall to sin I believe.?
If you compare God's order about the tree of knowledge and Eve's description - which was most likely received from Adam, you can see that it was already modified, "the day you eat of it" was removed, "in the center of the Garden" was added. Whether that counts as a sin or not, that's up to you, but this happened BEFORE they ate the forbidden fruit, that's pretty telling. Maybe Adam did it out of good intention, but the serpent took advantage of it and it paved the way to hell.

Verse 25 tells us when this timeframe begins, from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem. When did this occur? See Ezra 7; for this is the command where the rebuilding of Jerusalem was actually accomplished and that command was given by Artaxerxes, king of Persia; which occurred in 457 BC. There were two other kings that made similar commands to rebuild Jerusalem but those proved to not be fruitful.

This is the total 70-week block given by Gabriel in verses 25 & 27:
Block 1: 7 Weeks - (49 years) - Starts in 457 BC

Block 2: 62 Weeks - (434 years) - Starts in 408 BC

Block 3: 1 week - (7 years) - Starts in 27 AD

Lets look closely at the last week/ 7-year block (Block 3); for this is the period of time that many think will be the famous Seven-year Tribulation of the future:

3 ½ Years + 3 ½ Years = 7 years (one week)
o This block starts in 27 AD. What happened in this year? Christ was baptized, anointed, and started His public ministry.
o The "midst of the week" started in 31 AD (3 ½ years later). What happened in this year? Christ was killed on the cross. (New Covenant confirmed.)
o This block ends in 34 AD. What happened in this year? Stephen, the last disciple to the Jews, was stoned by the Sanhedrin and the Gospel went out to the Gentiles.

I agree with you that the great tribulation is not 7 years.

1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the lineage of the Medes, who was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans— 2 in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the LORD through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. Daniel 9:1-2

The time of captivity of of the Jews was to be 70 years. Daniel realized that the seventy years were close to the point of fulfillment and began fasting and praying for their release and restoration, back to Jerusalem.

Darius preceded Cyrus.

That very night Belshazzar, king of the Chaldeans, was slain. 31 And Darius the Mede received the kingdom, being about sixty-two years old. Daniel 5:30-31

However, the prophetic time clock begins when king Cyrus issued a decree for the Jews to be released from captivity, which was 70 years. This is found in Ezra 1:1

Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying,
2 Thus says Cyrus king of Persia:
All the kingdoms of the earth the LORD God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. Who is among you of all His people? May his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel (He is God), which is in Jerusalem. 4 And whoever is left in any place where he dwells, let the men of his place help him with silver and gold, with goods and livestock, besides the freewill offerings for the house of God which is in Jerusalem. Ezra 1:1-4

This is the decree that started the 70 weeks prophecy time clock.

The time clock is initiated by a world ruler.

JLB

God speaks to us in scripture of a 3 1/2 year tribulation during the time of the seventh trumpet, not a seven year tribulation, as being time, times and half time which equals 1260 days = 3 1/2 years or 3 Times as the Hebrew calendar only had 30 days for each month and this is where you get 1260 days or 3 1/2 years.
[Scripture reference]
Revelation 12:14; Daniel 7:25; Daniel 12:7
1260 days Revelation 11:3; Revelation 12:6
42 months Revelation 11:2; Revelation 13:5

No where in scripture does it mention a seven year tribulation, but only seven trumpets of God's fierce wrath as scripture says we will always have tribulations as the last time will be such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be, Matthew 24:21; Deut 4:30-31; 7:19; 29:1-6; 1 Samuel 26:24; Matthew; John 16:33; Romans 12:12; 24:21; James 1:2; 1 Peter 1:6.

God speaks to us in scripture of a 3 1/2 year tribulation during the time of the seventh trumpet, not a seven year tribulation, as being time, times and half time which equals 1260 days = 3 1/2 years or 3 Times as the Hebrew calendar only had 30 days for each month and this is where you get 1260 days or 3 1/2 years.
[Scripture reference]
Revelation 12:14; Daniel 7:25; Daniel 12:7
1260 days Revelation 11:3; Revelation 12:6
42 months Revelation 11:2; Revelation 13:5

No where in scripture does it mention a seven year tribulation, but only seven trumpets of God's fierce wrath as scripture says we will always have tribulations as the last time will be such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be, Matthew 24:21; Deut 4:30-31; 7:19; 29:1-6; 1 Samuel 26:24; Matthew; John 16:33; Romans 12:12; 24:21; James 1:2; 1 Peter 1:6.
What happens to mark the first day of the 3 1/2 year period ?

Let me explain what this mark of the beast is all about.

A mark can mean a visible impression, identifying seal, inscription or label and also the thoughts of the mind and actions of the hand. The mark of the beast is just that which is full of political self governed power that disguises itself as a religious system full of symbolism that is very deceptive to those who have no Spiritual discernment. From its throne will be displayed many signs and wonders that will promise peace and safety during the time of great tribulation as Gods wrath will be poured out during the seven trumpets sounding. Many will take this mark believing it to be a visible sign of God, but with a great falling away from God will be deceived and separated from God forever, Rev 13, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

The mark of the beast is to those who have no understanding of the word of God as they reject the teachings of Christ as they are lovers of self, 2 Timothy 3:1-7, and will allow themselves to be deceived in their mind as they reach out with their hands and bow down to this Luciferians false religion that promises them provision, peace and safety during the time of Gods great wrath in the end of days as they have no faith in Jesus who supplies all our needs, Philippians 4:19. To understand this mark of the beast we first have to understand what and who this beast is and its controlling deceptive power.

Galatians 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Revelation Chapter 13

John saw a beast (beast is often referred to as nations in scripture) rise up out of the sea having seven heads and ten horns and upon his horns ten crowns, (crowns denotes Kings) and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. The beast rises up out of the sea as the sea here is symbolic of people and nations as in a sea of humanity, Daniel Chapter 7:1-8; Revelation 17:15. This beast is a Luciferian system of political, economic, military, environmental, educational and false religious power that Satan has always worked through.

The seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire.
Seven remaining nations that still exist today:

Babylonian Empire:
(Iraq) The lion represents the winged lions that guarded the royal places of Babylon. This Empire ran from 2000BC - 1759BC

Medo Persian Empire:
(Iran) The ribs of the bear are part of the consuming greed that devours the first empire. This Empire ran approximately from 536BC - 330BC

Grecian Empire:
(Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) Four wings of the leopard described the swiftness of this empire that ran from 334-331BC. It wrestled world dominion from Medo-Persia. After the death of Alexander the Great the kingdom was divided into four minor kingdoms that continued as prominent factors in world politics until the Roman Empire gathered it back as one kingdom.

Roman Empire: (little horn, Daniel 8:9-14, 23-27)
Iron represents the stronghold this nation had. Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.
This Empire ran from 753BC -27BC

The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25; Rev 13. The deadly wound came in 1798 when General Berthier of France captured Pope Pius VI, who soon died in captivity in Valence, on August 29, 1799. Seven of these nations are the ancestors of the modern nations of Europe.

These ten nations were the Anglo-Saxons (English), the Franks (French), Suevi (Portuguese), Visigoths (Spanish), Burgundians (Swiss), Alemanni (Germans), Lombards (Italians), Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals in northern Africa. The last three being Ostrogoths, Heruli, and the Vandals had already been destroyed by the Roman Empire before their deadly wound came in 1798.

What was and was not and yet to come has always been the Roman Empire that has always persecuted Gods chosen from the foundation of the world whose names is found written in the Lambs book of life. The beast out of the sea is the revived Roman Empire as its deadly wound has been healed as we see in John s vision as Satan gives this beast his power, seat and great authority. They, being those whose names are not found written in the Lambs book of life bow down to the authority of the beast and its false religious system as they are deceived having no truth or understanding found in them as they are lead about like a bull with a ring in its nose as they bow down to this pagan authority, Hosea 4:6, 7; 2 Thessalonians 2:3.

The beast was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies and power was given unto him to continue for three and a half years which equals 1260 days, Daniel 7:25; 12:7; Revelation 11:2, 3. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints and to overcome them and power was given him over all kindred's, and tongues, and nations. Daniel 7:24, 25 and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, He will think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Another beast comes up out of the earth that looks like a lamb (false Christ) with two horns. The two horns represent the Old Roman Empire that received its deadly wound back in 1798 that caused them to scatter into the other ten nations (horns). The wound was healed in 1929.

Here is the patience and the faith of the saints as they wait upon the Lords return. They will have to wholeheartedly draw on the Lords strength without hindrance while enduring the 3 1/2 years of this beast in the end of days.

Let me explain what this mark of the beast is all about.
I think you misunderstood my use of the word "mark"
I was asking what event marks the beginning of the tribulation?
If you are speaking of a specific period of time lasting 3 1/2 years then by definition there must a day one that kicks it off ?
It would seem to concur that the most horrible time the world has ever seen would begin with a little drama on day one ?
Or maybe not ?
I have not heard anyone say ?

I think you misunderstood my use of the word "mark"
I was asking what event marks the beginning of the tribulation?
If you are speaking of a specific period of time lasting 3 1/2 years then by definition there must a day one that kicks it off ?
It would seem to concur that the most horrible time the world has ever seen would begin with a little drama on day one ?
Or maybe not ?
I have not heard anyone say ?
I'm sorry I misunderstood you. All we can know of such a time is to watch for the false Christ (son of perdition/last antichrist) to take his literal seat in Jerusalem which will begin this 3 1/2 year reign of the beast out of the sea who gives power to this beast out of the earth that we read about in Rev 13.

The Man of Lawlessness
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This is the future abomination that Jesus spoke about in Matthew 24:15 that Daniel prophesied of in Daniel 7-12. This beast is a Luciferian system comprised of economic, political, militant, environmental and false religious system that even now works its mystery in secret until it is revealed. This beast system that Satan works through gives its power to the beast out of the earth as the beast out of the earth appears as the Lamb of God, but is a false Christ being the son of perdition.

Last edited:
When the final antichrist is revealed. There would be no remnant church, because all faithful, genuine believers would be dead at that point, hence “spared from the hour of trial.” You may compare Rev. 2:22 and 3:10, the corrupt church will go through the great tribulation, the faithful church will be spared.

I agree with you that the great tribulation is not 7 years.

1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of the lineage of the Medes, who was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans— 2 in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the LORD through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. Daniel 9:1-2

The time of captivity of of the Jews was to be 70 years. Daniel realized that the seventy years were close to the point of fulfillment and began fasting and praying for their release and restoration, back to Jerusalem.

Darius preceded Cyrus.

That very night Belshazzar, king of the Chaldeans, was slain. 31 And Darius the Mede received the kingdom, being about sixty-two years old. Daniel 5:30-31

However, the prophetic time clock begins when king Cyrus issued a decree for the Jews to be released from captivity, which was 70 years. This is found in Ezra 1:1

Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying,
2 Thus says Cyrus king of Persia:
All the kingdoms of the earth the LORD God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. Who is among you of all His people? May his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel (He is God), which is in Jerusalem. 4 And whoever is left in any place where he dwells, let the men of his place help him with silver and gold, with goods and livestock, besides the freewill offerings for the house of God which is in Jerusalem. Ezra 1:1-4

This is the decree that started the 70 weeks prophecy time clock.

The time clock is initiated by a world ruler.

JLB
The seven-year tribulation narrative is obviously questionable - why putting a 2000 plus year gap between the 69th week and the final one? When angel Gabriel decreed these 70 weeks, it was 70 continuous weeks (of years), 490 continuous years, there's no such a gap, which is the entire church age. No such gap mentioned. This period of 490 years already ended at the crucifixion of Jesus, the strong covenant in 9:27 was the new covenant Jesus made with his disciples at the last supper, not the Antichrist made with modern state of Israel.

Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matt. 26:27-28)

When the final antichrist is revealed. There would be no remnant church, because all faithful, genuine believers would be dead at that point, hence “spared from the hour of trial.” You may compare Rev. 2:22 and 3:10, the corrupt church will go through the great tribulation, the faithful church will be spared.
So how far into the 3-1/2 years does the antichrist turn on the jews ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back