Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The gift of the Word of knowledge.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Re: reply

AVBunyan said:
Why do you think God does them? The devil is a counterfeiter.

You are right AV - satan does counterfeit many gifts that God has given to His children but for there to be a counterfeit, there must be a genuine. And I have witnessed both.

mutzrein said:
You are right AV - satan does counterfeit many gifts that God has given to His children but for there to be a counterfeit, there must be a genuine. And I have witnessed both.
The devil would love to take you folks out of body of Christ truth and back to kingdom age truths not meant for you - Those truths Satan is counterfeiting are kingdom age truths of the past - As long as he can keep you out of Paul's revealed mystery then he will be successful - and he has been very successful.

BTW - just wait for the great tribulation - you will Satan perform great signs and wonders - you are being set up for it now.

Just look around at PTL, Pat Roberson, Benny Hinn, Hagin, Haigee, etc. , the most fleshly, ignorant, and worldly bunch ever. And you folks basically believe the same things those folks believe.

I have no doubt you have seen something similar - But we are told to walk by faith and not by sight and go by facts and not feelings.

I've seen very few of you folks have the scriptures talk you out of an experience or a feeling.

You folks are in almost to deep to come out.

Many of you have issues with trinity, deity, justification, the King James Bible all of which used to be fundamentals in the past and you folks are questioning all of them - dangerous ground.

2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2 Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

golfjack said:
Pretty self-righteous AV.
Great cop out Golf - some one disagrees with you and tells you what he believes to be so and you counter with the old "self-righteous" act.

Fine - you judge me as self-righteous - I'll judge you as being immature in your last post.

AVBunyan said:
Great cop out Golf - some one disagrees with you and tells you what he believes to be so and you counter with the old "self-righteous" act.

Fine - you judge me as self-righteous - I'll judge you as being immature in your last post.

AV,
It appears to me as if Golfjack calls you self righteous because in your post above his, suggests that you have cornered the market on truth and that the rest of us are foolish and ignorant in the things of God.
Am I now supposed to believe that you have a handle on how to be Christ-like and listen to the things that you preach?

If you are truly concerned that the rest of us are out in left field, then I ask that you would spend some time in prayer for us. There is a much better chance that God will correct the one that is wrong if you who believe that you are right would take the rest of us before the Throne of God in prayer. I am hoping that you believe in the power of prayer.

In fact, here is the prayer that I offer:

Lord,
I invite You into this forum. I ask that you search all of the hearts of the people who post here. Correct those of us who are walking in false doctrines, doubt, unbelief, or unrighteousness of any sort. Remove those who have come here to in any way, shape, or form knowingly cause your children to be lead astray. Help us to humbly help and edify others in their walk with you. I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Gabbylittleangel said:
AV,
It appears to me as if Golfjack calls you self righteous because in your post above his, suggests that you have cornered the market on truth and that the rest of us are foolish and ignorant in the things of God.
Please don't put words into my mouth - I never called you foolish or ignorant.
I've presented what I believe to be so from the scriptures - I am not saying you are foolish and people - In the area of gifts I believe you to be wrong -

Golf comes out and calls me self-righteous and you are making assumptions about me. Is this where the gifts lead.

One counters your stand and your defense is the to go after the character of the one who calls the hand.

I told myself I would stick with justification and the AV1611 issues only and I violated my own directive for myself - my bad.

I'm bowing out.v I should have known better - very difficult to reason with experiences and feelings.

God bless

AVBunyan said:
Please don't put words into my mouth - I never called you foolish or ignorant.
I've presented what I believe to be so from the scriptures - I am not saying you are foolish and people - In the area of gifts I believe you to be wrong -

Golf comes out and calls me self-righteous and you are making assumptions about me. Is this where the gifts lead.

One counters your stand and your defense is the to go after the character of the one who calls the hand.

I told myself I would stick with justification and the AV1611 issues only and I violated my own directive for myself - my bad.

I'm bowing out.v I should have known better - very difficult to reason with experiences and feelings.

God bless

So, you won't pray for us?

Gabbylittleangel said:
So, you won't pray for us?

Where did he say that? He merely stated that he would not be involved in this discussion. Nothing about prayer.

One of the reasons the "sign gifts" were necessary was to be a testimony to the spoken word of the disciples. Today we have the Written Word to be a testimony to our spoken word.

AV said:
Just look around at PTL, Pat Roberson, Benny Hinn, Hagin, Haigee, etc. , the most fleshly, ignorant, and worldly bunch ever. And you folks basically believe the same things those folks believe.
Completely irrelevant.

AV said:
very difficult to reason with experiences and feelings.
Just as it is difficult to reason with those who ignore epxeriences and feelings.

Free said:
Just as it is difficult to reason with those who ignore epxeriences and feelings.
Oh - I do not ignore them I just judge them by the scriptures and if they contradict then out go the experiences and warm fuzzies.

I 'think' Av is referring to the FACT that MANY choose to 'follow' THAT which offers 'nice feelings' more so than that which is prudent. Many CHOOSE to BELIEVE that ANYTHING that offers them a 'nice feeling' is to be desired to the point that they will INSIST that it MUST be 'from God', when in FACT; Satan himself IS able to offer the 'same' type of feelings in counterfeit.

The ONLY way that one is able to discern is to be AWARE of The Word. NOT ONLY the written Word, but that which IS offered through THE Spirit.

We ARE warned that to 'battle' against the powers of 'this earth' we NEED to 'wear' the ENTIRE armor of God. To be 'bare' of this is to 'set oneself up' to be led by 'any wind of doctrine'. Therefore 'something' that 'feels' good can be considered by the 'unshielded' to BE of God when in FACT it CAN be JUST THE OPPOSITE.

Too many rely too much on their OWN 'good feelings' when it comes to discernment. 'If it FEELS good, do it' seems to be a common theme among MANY 'modern Christians'. This couldn't be FURTHER from the 'truth'. If it 'feels good, BEWARE'. For ours is to 'give' REGARDLESS of 'how it makes us FEEL'. We are to give BECAUSE of how we 'FEEL', NOT how it 'makes us feel'. For the giving IS to be done FROM THE HEART, not for the PLEASURE that it MAY bring us to 'feel GOOD about ourselves'.

Some will understand what has been offered here, some WILL NOT. For the one's that DON'T may I suggest POLITICS as your 'calling'.

MEC

AVBunyan said:
Oh - I do not ignore them I just judge them by the scriptures and if they contradict then out go the experiences and warm fuzzies.
So then by your own admission you are juding some things incorrectly since there is no contradiction.

Imagican,

What AV is proposing is that we use Scripture alone to come to knowledge of God, ignoring our experiences and feelings. But if one reads the Scriptures, one will find that to be somewhat absurd.

Free said:
1. What AV is proposing is that we use Scripture alone to come to knowledge of God, ignoring our experiences and feelings.
2. But if one reads the Scriptures, one will find that to be somewhat absurd.
1. So then - if your warm fuzzies and experiences differ from scripture then your warm fuzzies and experiences become the final authority? :o

2. Please show me where one's experiences take precedent over God's written word. :-?

Free,

I 'think' that you are mistaken. I believe that Av is SIMPLY 'trying' to 'point out' that one's FEELINGS are NOT to BE the 'deciding FACTOR' in 'what IS right, and what IS wrong'. For one's PERSONAL FEELINGS can be manipulated by Satan MORE SO than they would EVER be 'altered' by God. For God does NOT desire YOU to 'feel' righteous, God desires for you to BE righteous.

And Free, we HAVE been TOLD that the REASON for scripture IS to be ABLE to discern that which is IN ALIGNMENT with the WILL OF GOD. NO, one CANNOT 'find' God in scripture. Much can be deduced through the written word. But WITHOUT it, HOW would you suppose such a 'wicked generation' could POSSIBLY know ANYTHING concerning the WILL OF GOD?

Yes, there 'was a time' that there 'were' individuals that LOVED 'enough' to follow God's Will DIRECTLY THROUGH HIS SPIRIT. Now? Now man has become SO enamored with HIMSELF, this is HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Yes, The Spirit is STILL there to guide us. BUT, 'so MUCH' has been placed in the way of man's 'line of sight' that AT MOST, he is BARELY even able to REALIZE that there TRULY IS The Spirit, much less allow God to lead them 'through it'.

And the churches do LITTLE to teach their followers ANY DIFFERENT. They are perfectly content with the laxedaisical, (I'll look up spelling later), manor in which the congregation 'follow The Spirit'. For IF there WERE those that TRULY followed The Spirit, do you NOT suppose that THEIR message to the churches would be EXACTLY what the prophets of the past warned the Hebrews/Jews of so many years ago, (OR WORSE)? In other words, the churches would REJECT ANYONE that truly followed The Spirit for The Spirit would SPEAK through THEM, warning the churches of their folly. And THIS my friend, is NOT conducive to a 'big pot' at the end of a 'service' or a 'crowded pew'. For IF the congregation KNEW the Truth, FEW would even venture NEAR the buildings for 'fear' of the destruction that is SURE TO COME.

MEC

AVBunyan said:
Free said:
1. What AV is proposing is that we use Scripture alone to come to knowledge of God, ignoring our experiences and feelings.
2. But if one reads the Scriptures, one will find that to be somewhat absurd.
1. So then - if your warm fuzzies and experiences differ from scripture then your warm fuzzies and experiences become the final authority? :o

2. Please show me where one's experiences take precedent over God's written word. :-?
You failed to understand what I wrote. I was making the point that Scripture alone doesn't bring us to a knowledge of God - I never said which was the final authority, nor did I say that one's experiences take precedent over Scripture.

You are saying that certain experiences are not of God because they are not in Scripture, not because they contradict. And that is your error. You judge incorrectly. The Bible was never meant to be the only authority for Christians, the final one yes, but not the only one.

Imagican said:
For one's PERSONAL FEELINGS can be manipulated by Satan MORE SO than they would EVER be 'altered' by God.
And, as can be seen in most every thread in this forum, so can their theology and understanding and interpretation of Scripture.

Imagican said:
For God does NOT desire YOU to 'feel' righteous, God desires for you to BE righteous.
I agree but being righteous goes far beyond merely believing the right things.

Back