Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study The Godship of Jesus the Christ...

I admit that a few English verses state "Jesus is God". I reject them because they do not take into account the meaning of the Hebrew and Greek words translated "God" and because they directly contradict monotheism. These contradictions have led Christian theologians to declare the trinity a mystery.
We would have to look at them one at a time to see if you're justified in rejecting the English version. Can you post them and justify why you reject the English translation?

BTW, Jesus being God does not contradict monotheism. And, yes, it is a mystery, along with many mysteries in the Christian faith. It's kind of what happens when the finite tries to understand the infinite, especially when given limited revelation.

The problem is reconciled by first admitting that monotheism is a Scriptural fact. No being except Yeshua's Father can be the "only true God". Yeshua taught us that in John 17:3.
Monotheism is a foundation of Trinitarianism and one of the very reasons for the doctrine.

Therefore, if any other beings are said to be either "elohim" or "theos", they must be understood to be such in a lesser sense of those words than Father YHWH is. Moses, angels, Herod, Satan, the judges of Israel, Yeshua, etc., must all be lesser elohim or lesser theos than YHWH.
It is clear that all others are created beings but seeing as how Jesus cannot have been created (John 1:1-3; 1 Cor 8:6; Phil 2:5-8; Col 1:16-17), or in the very least his having been created is questionable, it begs the question to list him with others whom are created.

Given that Jesus is the central figure of all of Scripture and the one by whose name we are saved, it stands to reason that we simply cannot and should not lump him in with others when they are called gods or sons of god. Indeed, even a cursory examination of the use of "Son of God" regarding Jesus in the gospels shows that it has significantly more meaning than when used of anyone else. I have asked many times for anti-Trinitarians to study that and post their findings and I have yet to have a single one respond. Indeed, the term "Son of God" is best understood as a claim to deity when applied to Christ.

Last edited:
Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.

These are the names of YHWH, the Lord God.

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12-13

“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:6
Shared titles do not mean the two sharing the titles are the same being. Cyrus is called YHWH's maschiach (anointed/messiah) (Isa 45:1), but that doesn't mean he is Yeshua. Abraham is a "father" and "lord" and so is YHWH. Satan is a prince and so is Yeshua.

“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Hebrews 1:8-10
The scriptures teach us, it was the Son of God, God the Son, created the heaven and the earth.

"You laid the foundation of the earth"...

"The heavens are the work of your hands"...
It appears as though the writer of Hebrews is including verses 10-12 as additional statements that Yahweh has made to His Son. But if we look a little deeper we will find several discrepancies. Verses 10-12 are direct quotes from Ps.102:25-27. They are not a quote from the Hebrew Text, however, but from the Septuagint (LXX). The Hebrew Text does not have "Lord" in it. Therefore, to say that "Lord" in Heb.1:10 proves that Yeshua is YHWH is unscriptural. The LXX has "Kurie" in Ps.102:25. The LXX also omits "O my el" in verse 24.

In reading the Hebrew of Ps.102, it is clear the subject is YHWH. They are the words of an afflicted man as he cries out to Yahweh. They are not the words of Yahweh as He speaks to His Son.

Notice each of the other Old Testament quotes in Hebrew 1;

Ps.2:7 - "...Thou art my Son; this day I (Yahweh) have begotten thee."

2 Sam.7:14 - "I (Yahweh) will be to him a Father..."

Deut.32:43 (LXX) - "And let all the angels of God (Yahweh) worship him."

Ps.45:6,7 - "Thy throne O elohim...therefore elohim, thy Elohim (Yahweh) hath anointed thee."

Ps.110:1 - "Sit on my right hand, until I (Yahweh) make thine enemies thy footstool."

In each of these quotes it can be seen that either Yahweh is talking to His Son or about His Son. Yet, in Ps.102:25-27 it is the Psalmist talking to Yahweh. Therefore, to include Heb.1:10-12 among those things that Yahweh said to or about His Son is incorrect.

The writer of Hebrews had written verses 1-9 to show how Yahweh exalted His Son, even above the angels. It appears as though the writer was then moved to exalt Yahweh as well by including verses 10-12 as a parenthesis. He then resumes by showing Yeshua's exaltation in verse 13 which is a continuation of verse 9.

We would have to look at them one at a time to see if you're justified in rejecting the English version. Can you post them and justify why you reject the English translation?
That would not help because we each have our belief. Any verse using the word "God" in connection with the Son will be irrefutable proof to you. It is the other verses that declare who "God" is like John 17:3; Acts 3:13; 1Tim 2:5, etc., that determine how verses like Hebrews 1:8; John 20:28, etc., should be translated.

BTW, Jesus being God does not contradict monotheism. And, yes, it is a mystery, along with many mysteries in the Christian faith. It's kind of what happens when the finite tries to understand the infinite, especially when given limited revelation.
Monotheism means one God. The only true God is revealed as Yeshua's Father. Yet, because Christians do not know how to handle verses that use "God" in reference to Jesus, they divide the only true God into three persons and then try to say they are not three Gods, but one or that it is a mystery that finite minds cannot understand.

Given that Jesus is the central figure of all of Scripture and the one by whose name we are saved, it stands to reason that we simply cannot and should not lump him in with others when they are called gods or sons of god. Indeed, even a cursory examination of the use of "Son of God" regarding Jesus in the gospels shows that it has significantly more meaning than when used of anyone else. I have asked many times for anti-Trinitarians to study that and post their findings and I have yet to have a single one respond. Indeed, the term "Son of God" is best understood as a claim to deity when applied to Christ.
Of course "Son of God" has more meaning regarding Yeshua. No other man was ever directly begotten by Yahweh. So your challenge cannot possibly be met. However, that does not mean "Son of God" is a claim to deity. It simply means the only true God fathered him.

Romans 10:9-13 strongly suggests this.
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus (Yeshua), and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [I both confess and believe this]
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [I both believe and confessed this]
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [I believe, therefore I am not ashamed]
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [I believe this]
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. [I call upon his name]
To claim I forfeit my salvation because I deny the deity of Christ is a bogus claim that is meant to scare me into believing in the deity of Christ just as it has scared untold numbers of Christians to believe it or be lost forever.

Romans 10:9-13 strongly suggests this.
Absolutely. Furthermore, Jesus of Nazareth said to his detractors (a) before Abraham was I AM (Jn 8:58), and (b) if ye believe not that I AM ye shall die in your sins (Jn 8:24). There is only one whose name is I AM THAT I AM, or I AM, and that is the LORD (YHWH) God Almighty. So either you acknowledge Jesus as your God (which Thomas plainly did), or He cannot and will not be your Saviour.

Furthermore, for those who were His enemies His claim that God was His Father was the same saying that He was equal with God. They presumed this was blasphemy (which it would be for any other man) and took up stones to stone Christ (Jn 5:18) and plotted to kill Him.

The whole tenor of the Gospel of John (and we need go no further than John 1:1-3) is that Jesus is God, therefore He is the Messiah of Israel and the Saviour of the world.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Furthermore, Jesus of Nazareth said to his detractors (a) before Abraham was I AM (Jn 8:58), and (b) if ye believe not that I AM ye shall die in your sins (Jn 8:24). There is only one whose name is I AM THAT I AM, or I AM, and that is the LORD (YHWH) God Almighty. So either you acknowledge Jesus as your God (which Thomas plainly did), or He cannot and will not be your Saviour.

Bold words indeed. Thankfully you will not be my judge.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins.

"I am" what? "I am from above" and sent by the Father (vss. 16, 18).

Furthermore, for those who were His enemies His claim that God was His Father was the same saying that He was equal with God. They presumed this was blasphemy (which it would be for any other man) and took up stones to stone Christ (Jn 5:18) and plotted to kill Him.
The Jews were constantly misunderstanding Yeshua which is why, in the same verse, they wanted to kill him because they thought he broke the Sabbath. Did he? Of course not. Had he broken the Sabbath he wouldn't be sinless. Neither did he blaspheme. Neither did claiming God was his Father make him equal with God (all Jewish misunderstandings and false judgments).

The whole tenor of the Gospel of John (and we need go no further than John 1:1-3) is that Jesus is God, therefore He is the Messiah of Israel and the Saviour of the world.
Yes, he is God in those verses if you choose to read him into the text as most translators do.

Shared titles do not mean the two sharing the titles are the same being.

I didn't say Jesus is God the Father.

He is the Savior.

He is the King of Israel.

He is Redeemer.

He is The great I AM.

He is the One coming with the saints.

All the Titles are titles of the Lord God in the Old Testament.

JLB

Amen!

JLB

he Jews were constantly misunderstanding Yeshua which is why,

Which is why the would not confess Him as Lord, YHWH.

Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. John 12:42-43

JLB

I didn't say Jesus is God the Father.

He is the Savior.

He is the King of Israel.

He is Redeemer.

He is The great I AM.

He is the One coming with the saints.

All the Titles are titles of the Lord God in the Old Testament.

JLB
Exo 4:5 That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.
The "LORD God" of the OT is "the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob".

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus (Yeshua); whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
The God of Abraham ... is not the Son, but the Father (Father YHWH).

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
The "Lord God" of the OT gave His Son the throne of David. The "Lord God" of the OT is Yeshua's Father.

Jud_1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Messiah).
The "Lord God" of the OT is a separate being from Messiah Yeshua. He shares titles with His Son because He sent the Son to do the work that He is the first cause of. YHWH Elohim, the "Lord God", is the ultimate Savior. He sent His Son to accomplish that salvation. Therefore, the Son is also our Savior. The same is true for other titles they share.

Exo 4:5 That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.
The "LORD God" of the OT is "the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob".

Yes, He is. His name is Jesus, and He is the Son of God.

He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

This was certainly not God the Father. [Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; John 6:46]

He appeared unto Moses, as the Angel of the Lord, the Son of God.

2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:2-6

This was Jesus, before He became flesh.

Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:13-14

Jesus plainly stated that He is "I AM".

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” John 8:58

JLB

Jud_1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua Messiah).

Yes, the Lord God is our Lord Jesus Christ.

He is the Son of the Most High God, is called God, by His Father.

4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4

The only Lord God, our Lord Jesus Christ, is how the original words it.

Here is how the YLT says it:

for there did come in unobserved certain men, long ago having been written beforehand to this judgment, impious, the grace of our God perverting to lasciviousness, and our only Master, God, and Lord -- Jesus Christ --...

Jude plainly understands this as He wrote this as well:

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, Jude 14

He is quoting from the only source of scripture he had, the old testament.

Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

We all know it is the Lord Jesus Christ who is coming with the saints.

Jesus Christ is the Lord God.

10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced.... Zechariah 12:10

Who was pierced on the cross? God the Father, or the Lord Jesus Christ?

Clearly it is the Lord God, speaking through the mouth of Zechariah.

JLB

It appears as though the writer of Hebrews is including verses 10-12 as additional statements that Yahweh has made to His Son. But if we look a little deeper we will find several discrepancies. Verses 10-12 are direct quotes from Ps.102:25-27. They are not a quote from the Hebrew Text, however, but from the Septuagint (LXX). The Hebrew Text does not have "Lord" in it. Therefore, to say that "Lord" in Heb.1:10 proves that Yeshua is YHWH is unscriptural. The LXX has "Kurie" in Ps.102:25. The LXX also omits "O my el" in verse 24.

Here is what the writer of the book of Hebrews, says as inspired by the Holy Spirit.

8 But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And: “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Hebrews 1:8-10

This lines up with what Paul says -

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
Colossians 1:16-17

and again

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of
our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

and again

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh... 1 Timothy 3:16

John says it this way -

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-2

and again

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12

And Peter -

10 But
the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12

Peter plainly writes of Jesus, as the Lord [YHWH] who is coming as a thief in the night, as he quotes from Joel.

Jesus is the Lord God, who is coming with His saints, like a thief in the night.

He created all things, and laid the foundation of the earth, and stretched out the heaven, as they are the work of His hands.

8 But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And: “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands. Hebrews 1:8-10 NKJV

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Hebrews 1:8-10 KJV

8 But of the Son He says, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
And the righteous scepter is the scepter of “His kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness above Your companions.”
10 And, You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the works of Your hands; Hebrews 1:8-10 NASB

8 and unto the Son: `Thy throne, O God, [is] to the age of the age; a scepter of righteousness [is] the scepter of thy reign;
9 thou didst love righteousness, and didst hate lawlessness; because of this did He anoint thee -- God, thy God -- with oil of gladness above thy partners;' 10 and, `Thou, at the beginning, Lord, the earth didst found, and a work of thy hands are the heavens;
Hebrews 1:8-10 YLT

But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.” He also says, “In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.Hebrews 1:8-10 NIV

8 but to the Son, he says, “Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever; you rule your Kingdom with a scepter of equity;
9 you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness. Therefore, O God, your God has anointed you with the oil of joy in preference to your companions”; 10 and, “In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth; heaven is the work of your hands.
Hebrews 1:8-10 Complete Jewish Bible

JLB

That would not help because we each have our belief. Any verse using the word "God" in connection with the Son will be irrefutable proof to you. It is the other verses that declare who "God" is like John 17:3; Acts 3:13; 1Tim 2:5, etc., that determine how verses like Hebrews 1:8; John 20:28, etc., should be translated.
So you are pitting Scripture against Scripture and choosing the ones which fit your theology. That is simply not proper biblical interpretation. All the verses must be taken into account, which is precisely what the doctrine of the Trinity does.

It seems to me that you have no leg to stand on and perhaps that is why you won't post the verses for discussion.

Monotheism means one God. The only true God is revealed as Yeshua's Father. Yet, because Christians do not know how to handle verses that use "God" in reference to Jesus, they divide the only true God into three persons and then try to say they are not three Gods, but one or that it is a mystery that finite minds cannot understand.
I am aware of what monotheism means. Trinitarianism upholds monotheism.

Of course "Son of God" has more meaning regarding Yeshua. No other man was ever directly begotten by Yahweh. So your challenge cannot possibly be met. However, that does not mean "Son of God" is a claim to deity. It simply means the only true God fathered him.
As a father is, so is the son. That is how such a term was used in those times. A son cannot be of different nature than his father, and if one's father is God in nature, then it stands to reason that that one is also God in nature.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus (Yeshua), and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [I both confess and believe this]
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [I both believe and confessed this]
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [I believe, therefore I am not ashamed]
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [I believe this]
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. [I call upon his name]
To claim I forfeit my salvation because I deny the deity of Christ is a bogus claim that is meant to scare me into believing in the deity of Christ just as it has scared untold numbers of Christians to believe it or be lost forever.
What you are missing here is that Romans 10:13, is a quote from the Joel 2:32, where "Lord" is "YHWH". Paul is clearly equating the two statements in verse 9 and verse 13. In other words, this passage strongly suggests that one must confess Jesus is YHWH. And of course it does also mean confessing Jesus as Lord of one's life but it is much more than that, as verse 13 shows. In the very least, Paul is ascribing deity to Jesus.

Yes, He is. His name is Jesus, and He is the Son of God.

He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

This was certainly not God the Father. [Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; John 6:46]

He appeared unto Moses, as the Angel of the Lord, the Son of God.

2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”
And he said, “Here I am.”5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:2-6

So, in reality, what you are trying to teach me is the Son not only sent himself, but he glorified himself as well??

Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus (Yeshua); whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
You are also trying to teach me that the Son spoke to the fathers in OT times even though Hebrews 1:1-2 tell us the Son did not speak to us until the last days??

It was an angel that spoke to Moses from the bush (Acts 7:35). YHWH spoke through the angel and appeared to Moses through the angel because the angel was YHWH's representative/shaliach. Yeshua was never an angel (Hebrews 1; 2:5).

4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4

The only Lord God, our Lord Jesus Christ, is how the original words it.

Here is how the YLT says it:

for there did come in unobserved certain men, long ago having been written beforehand to this judgment, impious, the grace of our God perverting to lasciviousness, and our only Master, God, and Lord -- Jesus Christ --...
The "originals" have "and" after "Lord God".

Jud 1:4 ForG1063 there are certainG5100 menG444 crept in unawares,G3921 who were before of old ordainedG4270 G3819 toG1519 thisG5124 condemnation,G2917 ungodly men,G765 turningG3346 theG3588 graceG5485 of ourG2257 GodG2316 intoG1519 lasciviousness,G766 andG2532 denyingG720 theG3588 onlyG3441 LordG1203 God,G2316 andG2532 ourG2257 LordG2962 JesusG2424 Christ.G5547

Jud 1:4 παρεισεδυσαν G3921(G5656) γαρ G1063[FOR CAME IN STEALTHILY] τινες G5100[CERTAIN] ανθρωποι G444[MEN,] οι G3588[THEY WHO] παλαι G3819[OF OLD] προγεγραμμενοι G4270(G5772)[HAVE BEEN BEFORE MARKED OUT] εις G1519[TO] τουτο G5124 το G3588[THIS] κριμα G2917[SENTENCE,] ασεβεις G765[UNGODLY "PERSONS"] την G3588[THE] του G3588 θεου G2316 ημων G2257[OF OUR GOD] χαριν G5485[GRACE] μετατιθεντες G3346(G5723)[CHANGING] εις G1519[INTO] ασελγειαν G766[LICENTIOUSNESS] και G2532[AND] τον G3588[THE] μονον G3441[ONLY] δεσποτην G1203[MASTER] θεον G2316[GOD] και G2532[AND] κυριον G2962[LORD] ημων G2257[OUR] ιησουν G2424[JESUS] χριστον G5547[CHRIST] αρνουμενοι G720(G5740)[DENYING.]

As for Young's translation, you can't have "ημων" (our) apply to the words "Lord God" before it and the words "Lord Jesus Christ" after it. Young erroneously applies it to "Lord God" and then puts commas and dashes between everything.

Jude plainly understands this as He wrote this as well:

Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, Jude 14

He is quoting from the only source of scripture he had, the old testament.
He is quoting from the Book of Enoch, not the OT. YHWH already came once with ten thousand of His saints to deliver the Law (De 33:2). YHWH will come again the same way, only next time Yeshua will be one of those saints.

10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced.... Zechariah 12:10

Who was pierced on the cross? God the Father, or the Lord Jesus Christ?

Clearly it is the Lord God, speaking through the mouth of Zechariah.
JLB
Father YHWH is speaking about His Son being pierced. The word "Me" in this verse is questionable. The RSV use "him" which harmonizes with the pronouns of verse 10.

And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of compassion and supplication, so that, when they look on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a first-born. RSV
The Apostle John quotes the verse using "him" as well.

John 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.​

I am not aware of any NT version that uses "me" in this verse. The use of "him" therefore, makes a distinction between the speaker (YHWH0 and the one pierced (Yeshua).

So you are pitting Scripture against Scripture and choosing the ones which fit your theology. That is simply not proper biblical interpretation. All the verses must be taken into account, which is precisely what the doctrine of the Trinity does.
I harmonize Scripture with Scripture. I do not pit them against each other. I also place more weight on the original languages rather than English translations done by trinitarian translators.

It seems to me that you have no leg to stand on and perhaps that is why you won't post the verses for discussion.
I'll post one just to show you what I meant about it not helping.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Capital "G" "God" can only mean one thing in English, the only true God. "God" is a translation of the Greek "theos" which was originally written in all capitals. Therefore, to put a capital "G" is the choice of the translator. Since the KJV translators were trinitarians, they believe Yeshua was the second person of the trinune God. They were forced to use a capital "G" to make that evident. "Theos", however, can refer to beings other than the one true God (Satan, Herod, etc.). Since Yeshua said his Father (YHWH) was "the only true God" (John 17:3), and he excluded himself, then "theos" must apply to him in a lesser sense than it applies to his Father (who just happens to be Yeshua's God). Since Thomas most likely spoke Hebrew, he would have used "elohim" meaning "mighty one".

As a father is, so is the son. That is how such a term was used in those times. A son cannot be of different nature than his father, and if one's father is God in nature, then it stands to reason that that one is also God in nature.
A son has the same nature as his father only if he was conceived through procreation. Yeshua was conceived miraculously through YHWH speaking him into existence (the word became flesh). YHWH spoke and Mariam's egg became fertilized via the power of His Holy Spirit.

Back