Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And these were Created by God for this Eternal Loathing by Him, as they were
made by Him Vessels of dishonour Rom 9:21.

Romans 9:21 really says this...... Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

Who is man to add his thoughts, in a misleading manor, to the Word of God?

And these were Created by God for this Eternal Loathing by Him, as they were
made by Him Vessels of dishonour Rom 9:21.

Romans 9:21 really says this...... Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

reba:

This is a humbling passage and instead of over-rationalizing God's revelation of Himself and His ways in the Scriptures, it's just good to keep 'looking unto Jesus', humbly and in faith dependence.

Blessings.

Rebba:

farouk
reba:

This is a humbling passage and instead of over-rationalizing God's revelation of Himself and His ways in the Scriptures, it's just good to keep 'looking unto Jesus', humbly and in faith dependence.

Blessings.

I think Rebba has a very valid point. This come off some crazed election doctrine that God picks and chooses who gets the shaft and who does not. If God just picked, then I don't need to preach the gospel all over the World. Let God sort em out.

This is what the scripture does say..........

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

God did put Pharaoh in charge, blessed Pharaoh, and just ignored all of Pharaoh's magicians. This Pharaoh was in Charge of God's people.

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

All the scriptures must be true. Here is just one of many, many scriptures concerning how to get God to respond to you in a good way.

Pro_28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
Pro_14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.

Any lack of mercy would have been on Pharaoh's part, Not God's. Otherwise we just mark out a whole bunch of scriptures as not being true. (Deu 30:19)

Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour.

Why did God make me a vessel to dishonor? God made all the pots, why some made for Dishounour?
It's called Judgment, when you refuse to listen.

2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
Rom 9:21......................................................................................................................................lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour.

What to do if your a vessel for dishounour and about ready to be made an example of?

2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Who's choice is it to be a vessel of Honour or dishonour? What happens to vessels that refuses to change and harden their heart? (Remember, Pharaoh hardened his first) God can make an example out of them through Judgment. To say Pharaoh had no choice is to say the Word of God is wrong in many places and Paul contradicted himself.

The part Election people leave out............................

If you read Savedbygrace57 He left out this scripture. All the election people do because it does not fit their doctrine. Myself, I like challenge and I don't leave out scriptures I want the truth.

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

GW:
Rom 9:22 If God wants to demonstrate his anger and reveal his power, he can do it. But can't he be extremely patient with people who are objects of his anger because they are headed for destruction?

God never intended to destroy Pharaoh. He blessed and put up with Pharaoh for a long time having great long-suffering and patience toward Pharaoh. Pharaoh made his own bed and had to lay in it.

Esau: God just pick this man by some election to hate? He did if we leave out scriptures "AGAIN".

Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Heb_12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Esau spit in God's face and sold everything God had for him for a piece of food. It's like turning your back on Jesus, giving up your salvation for a donut.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Rebba did a good Job questioning this.........

Mike.

You all miss the point. Matt. 24:14 has said that when the Gospel goes into all of the world it was then that the end would come. Paul in Rom. 10:18 said that it had! (+Col. 1:23)

So why did Christ not come?

The answer lays in the repeat of this. (Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15)
Just think with Christ saying that He would come & Paul saying this has already happened, who would be 'NOT BE' confused except for the REAL Bible student.;)

Oh! And this is exactly as it happened in 1844.

--Elijah

The last saint is on earth today preaching the gospel. When this saint is killed (check out prophecy below ) the end will come.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underthe altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God andfor the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thouwilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and toldto rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and theirbrethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

The answer lays in the repeat of this.

You said
Eccl. 3 KJV
15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

I finished
22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

Really??

You all miss the point. Matt. 24:14 has said that when the Gospel goes into all of the world it was then that the end would come. Paul in Rom. 10:18 said that it had! (+Col. 1:23)

So why did Christ not come?

The answer lays in the repeat of this. (Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15)
Just think with Christ saying that He would come & Paul saying this has already happened, who would be 'NOT BE' confused except for the REAL Bible student.;)

Oh! And this is exactly as it happened in 1844.

--Elijah

Why did Christ not return as He had stated that He would! Matt. 24:14 & Paul says that Rom. 10:18 + Col. 1:23 about a couple tears before AD 70 that He would! Yet, Paul understood the Truth that it took a REPEATED time.

ALL.. everyone just skips right over this TRUTH like it is not there! Who is the Liar seen here, unless it is the TRUTH! And if it is the Word of God put it there then HE knows why!! (it requires a two time application, as does Heb. 6:6)

--Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back