Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What a delight it is to know that the word of God will be preached and available to all are able to hear what God has done for them. To those alive in Christ it is full of life and great wisdom but to those dead in Christ it is foolishness but it will create a reaction in man either to fall upon the rock or to harden their heart resulting in the final judgment when the rock will fall on them.

John O

Hi again, when following Christ becomes 'very costly', (666:fullauto)
it will then be seen who has any real Loving Faith. :thumbsup But we needn't be supprised by who will make the correct choices, huh?

--Elijah

Hi again, when following Christ becomes 'very costly', (666:fullauto)
it will then be seen who has any real Loving Faith. :thumbsup But we needn't be supprised by who will make the correct choices, huh?

--Elijah
So very true, Christianity is a journey that lasts until eternity so it is important to remember that it is not a sprint but a marathon. Yet just like in the natural where 80% of success is hanging in there so too is that true of the spiritual. God rejoices in the effort of the ones who stay the journey whe must remember to stop and give thanks often,

John O

So very true, Christianity is a journey that lasts until eternity so it is important to remember that it is not a sprint but a marathon. Yet just like in the natural where 80% of success is hanging in there so too is that true of the spiritual. God rejoices in the effort of the ones who stay the journey whe must remember to stop and give thanks often,

John O

So true! Both morning & family evening worship at least. (when possible)

What is interesting is that no one hardly recognizes that satan even requires his ones to desire.. & work for him. Gen. 4:7 finds Cain with a new desire! (and he became satan's first human killer)

Much of the true Gospel is sold short it seems. Matt. 4:4 sounds like a requirement!

--Elijah

So true! Both morning & family evening worship at least. (when possible)

What is interesting is that no one hardly recognizes that satan even requires his ones to desire.. & work for him. Gen. 4:7 finds Cain with a new desire! (and he became satan's first human killer)

Much of the true Gospel is sold short it seems. Matt. 4:4 sounds like a requirement!

--Elijah

I believe that the gospel demands a response and those who believe upon His name are required to be ambassadors for Him. The question is if Jesus was a nation would He recall us for failing to represent Him correctly and failing to do as He has asked?

John O

I believe that the gospel demands a response and those who believe upon His name are required to be ambassadors for Him. The question is if Jesus was a nation would He recall us for failing to represent Him correctly and failing to do as He has asked?

John O

Not guite clear with your question? We find Isa. 5 with the house (ibid 7) being chosen instead of the Master of the House (His) ibid 3. Rev. 2:5 surely includes both Christ of His House + [His House of Virgin required doctrins.] Even note the command of Matt. 23:1-2 was to be still in force.
Isa. 5:7

And this is exactly what took & takes place again. Eccl. 3:15 has Matt. 23:38 + Rev. 3:16's Spewed out one seen in Rev. 3:9.

OK: Now tell me that that was not what you were asking!!;)

[3] And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard. (even see John 12:42-*43)
[4] What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?
[5] And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:
[6] And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.
[7] For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

And today? Rev. 2:5..
[5] Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

And Matt. 23:1-2!
[1] Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and [to his disciples],
[2] Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
[3] All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: [for they say, and do not].

Elijah674
Your post represents the extreme position that I am talking about in that a person so neglects their heart condition that the very salvation given to them freely by Christ literally dies within a disobedient and self centered heart.

I was more talking about a born again Christian who has never forsaken their God but who does not allow God to transform them into the image of God. After many years they seem to remain a baby in the things of God instead of eating the meat.

God has called us to represent Him and many times we do a poor job of it. A pastor friend says often "yes I know God loves you but is He pleased with you?"

I hope that clarifies where I am coming from.

John O

Elijah674
Your post represents the extreme position that I am talking about in that a person so neglects their heart condition that the very salvation given to them freely by Christ literally dies within a disobedient and self centered heart.

I was more talking about a born again Christian who has never forsaken their God but who does not allow God to transform them into the image of God. After many years they seem to remain a baby in the things of God instead of eating the meat.

God has called us to represent Him and many times we do a poor job of it. A pastor friend says often "yes I know God loves you but is He pleased with you?"

I hope that clarifies where I am coming from.

John O

Hi, thanks for muddying up 'my' question.;) Still not clear? (dense on my part it seems?:chin)
OK: So far, are you talking of one being as a saved 'baby' that is Born Again and then never Maturing??? We call that at that start for these ones as being their FIRST LOVE?? (not these of Rev. 17:1-5 that are found lost at their end time prophecy)

If so my question is how can one be saved (Rom. 8:1 Justified) and then never grow up & 'be LED of the Holy Spirit'??? (ibid 14)

And the extreme position??? I believe that we are living in the time of testing of the start of Matt. 24:21 on at present, if so, and the very elect are sorely able to have Christ hold them up, (Phil. 4:13) what are babes satisified to be still be such to do??? Matt. 25 finds that this extra provision seems to teach meat maturity. Oil IN THEIR LAMPS. And the door was 'shut'? meaning maturing time was past! (Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16's Loving Desire)

And just another question back to you;), I underlined loving desire's start for the purpose of emphasis on my thinking that these had all been PARTAKERS of the New Birth.
And the question is seen in Rev. 3 with the 'whole' Virgin Laodicean last mentioned Candelstick being warned. Their Born Again Love had become 'lukewarn', and because of this if not being repented of, they would all have been 'SPEWED OUT'. And replaced?? See Rev. 2:5
[5] Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Now it does not say replaced here, yet we find that this is exactly what was done with Old Israel. (Matt. 23:38) So it seems that True Agape Love can become lukewarm & then rejected & even the whole candlestick replaced. And Rev. 3:9 has this same history repeat seen from Eccl. 3:15. (there are only two church's seen in the passages from Phil. to Laodicea. One is kept ibid 10 & the other of spewed out Laodicea is seen 'identified' in verse 9) Again the same as of old Israel & its Matt. 10's remnant to start up the Acts replacement. (see ibid 5-6 to 15)

And this is extreme only to the point that we find this documentation for who will be saved. Rev. 12

[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which (1)*keep the commandments of God, and have the (2) *testimony of Jesus Christ.

--Elijah

Hi, thanks for muddying up 'my' question.;) Still not clear? (dense on my part it seems?:chin)
OK: So far, are you talking of one being as a saved 'baby' that is Born Again and then never Maturing??? We call that at that start for these ones as being their FIRST LOVE?? (not these of Rev. 17:1-5 that are found lost at their end time prophecy)

If so my question is how can one be saved (Rom. 8:1 Justified) and then never grow up & 'be LED of the Holy Spirit'??? (ibid 14)

And the extreme position??? I believe that we are living in the time of testing of the start of Matt. 24:21 on at present, if so, and the very elect are sorely able to have Christ hold them up, (Phil. 4:13) what are babes satisified to be still be such to do??? Matt. 25 finds that this extra provision seems to teach meat maturity. Oil IN THEIR LAMPS. And the door was 'shut'? meaning maturing time was past! (Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16's Loving Desire)

And just another question back to you;), I underlined loving desire's start for the purpose of emphasis on my thinking that these had all been PARTAKERS of the New Birth.
And the question is seen in Rev. 3 with the 'whole' Virgin Laodicean last mentioned Candelstick being warned. Their Born Again Love had become 'lukewarn', and because of this if not being repented of, they would all have been 'SPEWED OUT'. And replaced?? See Rev. 2:5

Now it does not say replaced here, yet we find that this is exactly what was done with Old Israel. (Matt. 23:38) So it seems that True Agape Love can become lukewarm & then rejected & even the whole candlestick replaced. And Rev. 3:9 has this same history repeat seen from Eccl. 3:15. (there are only two church's seen in the passages from Phil. to Laodicea. One is kept ibid 10 & the other of spewed out Laodicea is seen 'identified' in verse 9) Again the same as of old Israel & its Matt. 10's remnant to start up the Acts replacement. (see ibid 5-6 to 15)

And this is extreme only to the point that we find this documentation for who will be saved. Rev. 12

[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which (1)*keep the commandments of God, and have the (2) *testimony of Jesus Christ.

--Elijah

I agree with what you are saying. I believe that there is in fact 3 levels of salvation the first being born again which provides us with redemption and restoration of our spirit and the connection with God the Father established within our lives.

The second level or development of our salvation is the maturing of us as sons of God into the image and likeness of the character of our God.

The third level is the fulfillment of the completion of our maturity when Jesus upon His returns finds us as approved so that we rule and reign with Him during His millennial reign.

The first level is "a free gift" from God of which we can do nothing and do not deserve. The second is the completion of the statement in James when he says that faith without works is dead faith (only born again Christians can do works because all other work is as filthy rags to God).

The third level is the perfecting of the second level.

It is hard to use words to describe what I am attempting to show so I will use this word picture to help:

Imagine a room in complete darkness and a light is turned on (this is a dimmer light turned on low) That is salvation at level 1, the light is slowly turned up each turn being brighter and causing darkness to flee (but shadows still remain) this is level 2, finally the light is turned up to its maximum and all darkness has gone and the room is flooded with light. This is level 3.

Level 1 is of God only no input required from us, levels 2 and 3 are determined by us (under the leading of the Holy Spirit). We choose how bright we want to become, God will encourage and lead but the level of maturity into the transformation of light at its highest capacity is ours. Salvation is not at risk but rewards are, they are available to all Christians but only some will avail themselves of the rewards offered to their full extent.

I hope that covers what I was trying to say previously.

John O

When did He Lay them ?

Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Those for whom Christ died, God did long before they believed, had laid their sins or iniquity upon Christ, this legally, Judicially, imputatively, and so the guilt of them and legal condemnation of them, first incurred in Adam, as their Natural and Federal Head, as well as their own actual transgressions in time, these were never laid upon them, or charged upon them, yes, even before they believed ! In God's Eternal Purpose, He never laid iniquity on the elect Christ died for, but He laid upon Him, the Inequity of us All, meaning All the Sheep Jn 10:11,15 !

Christ died for all so to all the gospel shall be preached.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John O

Christ died for all so to all the gospel shall be preached.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John O

John:

The longsuffering of God to sinners is such a moving and wonderful subject. It's the kindness and longsuffering of God that brings sinners to repentance (Romans 2).

The moral is, we should learn to be patient, too.

John:

The longsuffering of God to sinners is such a moving and wonderful subject. It's the kindness and longsuffering of God that brings sinners to repentance (Romans 2).

The moral is, we should learn to be patient, too.

Yes the concept of patience is brilliant the actual outworking I'm still a little slow at.

John O

Our very lives will declare and proclaim the gospel. A sobering question is "if our life was examined would there be sufficient evidence to support our assertion that we are a truly born again Christian or will our case be dismissed due to a lack of evidence?

John O

The Gospel is a word of Salvation to those only who are of that seed which He should see Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

It is their good news to them that He was bruised for them !

And it is to them still , that seed which shall serve Him Ps 22:30

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Now to them, the words of the Gospel are words of Life Jn 6:68

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Acts 5:20

Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.

To them, the Seed, the Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation, also Isa 59:21

21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

You see, the words of the Gospel as to Salvation is limited to a certain seed, Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

The Gospel is a word of Salvation to those only who are of that seed which He should see Isa 53:10

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

To them, the Seed, the Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation, also Isa 59:21

21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

You see, the words of the Gospel as to Salvation is limited to a certain seed, Isa 53:10

You quote verses and copy and paste from other sources but this is supposed to be a discussion.

John O

And your point is?:confused:

And your point is?:confused:

Just what I posted. [Edited by staff]

2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just what I posted. [Edited by staff]

We all have bibles, same verses and everything... so what is the point of posting a scripture, we all have them already...

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have bibles, same verses and everything... so what is the point of posting a scripture, we all have them already...

Do you understand what you post?

No-one has total recall, and our consciences need to be reminded of God's truth.

No-one has total recall, and our consciences need to be reminded of God's truth.

I agree, but it is called a forum for a reason :

FORUM:
b : a public meeting place for open discussion

c
: a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

We use this so as to teach each other, we can read our bibles without the "online" part, here we use the "online" part to "discuss" our beliefs... and hopefully learn something in the process...

"reading" is edifying, but "discussion and reading" is more edifying

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back