Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Lord Jesus Christ IS God's ELECT...

even:

Then why are all your posts centered upon Calvinist doctrine ?

I have not qouted calvin once to my knowledge..Just scripture..

Actually....He is a risen Savior and King. Not just a man.

I don't believe you and I share the same Christ. The One I follow died to secure the eternal salvation of God's elect, and them only..

even:

No they're the false teaching of the dead man John Calvin

Sorry, they are biblical Truthes that satan has fooled you into believing they are of men..

Nathan;511477]Actually....He is a risen Savior and King. Not just a man.

Hi, Elijah here:
GOOD POST! This tell's me again, that if 'personal' attackers would just stay with the truth rather than 'the other way!' (Titus 3:9-11) then just perhaps they 'might grow'??
Take note that it took two here to tangle & what good was accomplished???....

Re: The Lord Jesus Christ IS God's ELECT...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by savedbygrace57
See, you call the Truth of God nonesense..

(and the reply?)

No, just YOU, and the MAN you follow.. lol

I'll say it again..

Perhaps one of the most destructive things which a youg Christian can be taught is that THEY are the elect, that God chose THEM personally..

First of all, what it does is take the focus OFF of the One who is the elect, the Lord Jesus Christ.. and instead it focuses the doctrine of election upon condemned men.. as that is what each and every creature IN ADAM actually is.. condemned already..

But hey, it's no fun talking about the Lord Jesus Christ being the elect of God.. it's much more pleasing to the senses to talk about how WE are the elect of God.. and that is what Calvinism does..

I'll say it again..

Perhaps one of the most destructive things which a youg Christian can be taught is that THEY are the elect, that God chose THEM personally..

First of all, what it does is take the focus OFF of the One who is the elect, the Lord Jesus Christ.. and instead it focuses the doctrine of election upon condemned men.. as that is what each and every creature IN ADAM actually is.. condemned already..

But hey, it's no fun talking about the Lord Jesus Christ being the elect of God.. it's much more pleasing to the senses to talk about how WE are the elect of God.. and that is what Calvinism does..

In the OT, the elect is Israel. In the OT, the elect are all those who are of Christ, the Church. Therefore as a Christian, I am of the elect. Nothing destructive about that.

In the OT, the elect is Israel. In the OT, the elect are all those who are of Christ, the Church. Therefore as a Christian, I am of the elect. Nothing destructive about that.

Do you KNOW WHY A CHRISTian is called the ELECT..?

Do you believe that God CHOOSE YOU personally..? And if so, then what does it mean that if you shall seek to save YOUR LIFE that you shall lose it..?

Whose life is justified in a Christian.. their OLD LIFEstyle or is it the life of Christ IN THEM..?

Do you KNOW WHY A CHRISTian is called the ELECT..?

Do you believe that God CHOOSE YOU personally..? And if so, then what does it mean that if you shall seek to save YOUR LIFE that you shall lose it..?

Whose life is justified in a Christian.. their OLD LIFEstyle or is it the life of Christ IN THEM..?

Yes, God knew, desired and chose me before I was even born. He gave me the gift of free will, so that if I chose to live apart from Him, I could do so---at great sorrow to Him, and eternally for me.

When I came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, I became justified in God's sight by Jesus' blood over me and my sins, wiping my many transgressions all away.

Yes, God knew, desired and chose me before I was even born.

I've asked you this before, what scripture(s) do you base this statement upon ?

Evidently you are exempt from the simple biblical truth that if you shall seek to save YOUR LIFE that you shall lose it..

How is that God choosing you ?

How about AFTER you are saved.. whose LIFE is justified in you.. is it your OLD LIFE or is it the life of CHRIST in you ?

Can you answer that, or will you just ignore it and pretend that God choose you personally..?

How about this simple question..

What does God choose... the FLESH or the SPIRIT ?

Whose SPIRIT lives within the Christian..?

THEN.. IF GOD chose YOU personally.. then HOW can you serve TWO MASTERS..?

Who do you serve, yourself, or Christ in you ?

Those are biblical Truthes..
If only certain persons could be saved then John 3:16 would be a lie because Jesus said that God so loved "the world" that He sent His Son that "whosoever" believes in Him should not perish.
These kinds of doctrines have their origin in the Garden of Eden where satan promised Eve that she could be something special(as a god), I HAD to be saved, I CANNOT be lost no matter what I do, I can speak and achieve what I want, we will conquer the world for God. All of these doctrines are based around the glorification of self, the truth is that we are not diddly do,God had mercy on us because He loves us and that is the whole story.

If only certain persons could be saved then John 3:16 would be a lie because Jesus said that God so loved "the world" that He sent His Son that "whosoever" believes in Him should not perish.
These kinds of doctrines have their origin in the Garden of Eden where satan promised Eve that she could be something special(as a god), I HAD to be saved, I CANNOT be lost no matter what I do, I can speak and achieve what I want, we will conquer the world for God. All of these doctrines are based around the glorification of self, the truth is that we are not diddly do,God had mercy on us because He loves us and that is the whole story.

This is what most false doctrine reduces down to imo.. people believing (and worse, teaching) that they are SPECIAL..

Calvinism is no different.. they're the special ones who got the special call and who God chose unconditionally..

Isn't that S P E C I A L..

I've asked you this before, what scripture(s) do you base this statement upon ?

On Jeremiah and David's Psalms.

Evidently you are exempt from the simple biblical truth that if you shall seek to save YOUR LIFE that you shall lose it..

I am not exempt. I however, receive promises of God through faith and belief. Don't you? My life is hidden with Christ in God. He has already saved it. I don't have to do anything to save myself but believe on Him who does the saving.

How is that God choosing you ?

God knows the end from the beginning. He knows I will choose the way of life.

How about AFTER you are saved.. whose LIFE is justified in you.. is it your OLD LIFE or is it the life of CHRIST in you ? Can you answer that, or will you just ignore it and pretend that God choose you personally..?

What a dumb question. I live my life in Christ. He justifies me. He chose me personally to serve Him. It was up to me to choose to do so, following His precious promptings.

On Jeremiah and David's Psalms.

Oh, which ones specifically do you believe speak about God choosing YOU ?

I am not exempt. I however, receive promises of God through faith and belief. Don't you? My life is hidden with Christ in God. He has already saved it. I don't have to do anything to save myself but believe on Him who does the saving.

So how does that work.. ? God choose YOU but at the same time if YOU shall seek to save YOUR LIFE you shall lose it ?

God knows the end from the beginning. He knows I will choose the way of life.

No doubt about God knowing the end from the beginning..

What a dumb question. I live my life in Christ. He justifies me. He chose me personally to serve Him. It was up to me to choose to do so, following His precious promptings.

Are you saying that your life is justified before God or are you saying that the life of Christ in you is justified before God ?

sam:

only certain persons could be saved then John 3:16 would be a lie because Jesus said that God so loved "the world"

The world of His Elect..His Church..

Back