Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The nation of Israel was given the Law,and it was never given to the the Gentiles

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
At the stoning of Stephen.

For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. -Acts 1:5

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, -Acts 7:55
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. -Acts 7:56

And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man’s feet, whose name was Saul. -Acts 7:58

Paul named Saul at the time was consenting to the stoning of Stephen.

And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities. -Acts 26:11

Uh, Paul was in an unsaved condition. Did you know that doesn't count?

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is why Israel was scattered and done away that is why they are Lo Ammi not God's people today.

Paul said he was a blasphemer!

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. -1 Timothy 1:13

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. -1 Timothy 1:15
Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. -1 Timothy 1:16

Told you it didn't count. That's what happens when Jesus washes us whiter than snow.
Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. -1 Timothy 1:13

Hi Reba

In answer to your question in post 68 I believe the scripture will show that being "infilled" with the Spirit is not necessariliy the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The problem seems to be that many honest folk think every time they read "Spirit" in the NT it means baptism of the Spirit.

Hi Glorydaz

As per your request in post #73, I have re-read your post # 50. Changes nothing.

May I suggest, if we can get a moderater to arrange it, that we take this to the level of one on one discussion on the matter. That way we can continue our thoughts (in a civil way) on the matter of the baptism of the Holy Spirit without the interruption of other posts.
God bless

Hi Glorydaz

As per your request in post #73, I have re-read your post # 50. Changes nothing.

May I suggest, if we can get a moderater to arrange it, that we take this to the level of one on one discussion on the matter. That way we can continue our thoughts (in a civil way) on the matter of the baptism of the Holy Spirit without the interruption of other posts.
God bless

Why a "debate" webb, there's only one truth...

Grubal
Can't you read?? I gave the reason for a one on one.

And you are right about there being but "one truth". Only one Grubal, only one. Do you want to go for it now instead of Glorydaz? Makes no difference to me as there is as you say "only one truth.''

Hi Glorydaz

God bless

I'd have no problem with that. Just let me know how it works.

Grubal
Can't you read?? I gave the reason for a one on one.

And you are right about there being but "one truth". Only one Grubal, only one. Do you want to go for it now instead of Glorydaz? Makes no difference to me as there is as you say "only one truth.''

You can't handle the TRUTH!!!

Hi Glorydaz

Thank you for your response.
As I understand it, you believe the receiving of the bapism of the Holy Spirit is experienced by people living today. I do not. If this is the issue at hand between us, I cannot affirm a negative. You will need to do that if my understanding of the above is corredt. If so I shall await your reply and any suggestions you may have.

I look forward to a friendly discussion of what is truth on this matter.

God bless

Hi Glorydaz

As I understand it, you believe the receiving of the bapism of the Holy Spirit is experienced by people living today. I do not. If this is the issue at hand between us, I cannot affirm a negative. You will need to do that if my understanding of the above is corredt. If so I shall await your reply and any suggestions you may have.

God bless

By saying what you said, You "deny" the work of the Holy Spirit in today's world???

Hi Glorydaz

God bless

Nicodemus had the same problem you do, and Jesus answered him thus...

John 3:3-8 - "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

Romans 8:8-11 said:
"So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

Now look carefully at this verse, and tell me again you cannot affirm a negative.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (Rom. 8:9)

The fact remains that even without a written out law, all men have an idea of what is right and wrong. It comes from having eaten of that tree! (The tree of the knowledge of good and evil)

So maybe we have been estranged from God and His life, but we still have a conscience that tells us what is right and wrong....written code aside.

Glorydaz
I have read your post and as I understand it that is not the issue. Perhaps you will suggest what you want me to affirm.

Hi Reba

I'm not sure if my post went thru or not but if Glorydaz and I can work out some details we will proceed. Thank you for your help.

The fact remains that even without a written out law, all men have an idea of what is right and wrong. It comes from having eaten of that tree! (The tree of the knowledge of good and evil)

So maybe we have been estranged from God and His life, but we still have a conscience that tells us what is right and wrong....written code aside.

AMEN

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back