Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Root of It

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well Fellers
That is why I was going to ask the question and that is why I asked him if he was Jewish.

Did I call him a Sad? NO. What Golfjack said was that his answers and statements are consistant with the Sad and if I might add, so are the rest of yall ..

Tan said and I quote:On a side note. You believe in heaven and hell, does that mean you believe as a hindu? May be my next question to you should be do you pray to a cow?

Tan
I will answer your question in the same way that Jesus answered to those of your kind

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

Tan

I will answer your question in the same way that Jesus answered to those of your kind

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."
Moderators, I request that you please perform your function when you have the opportunity. No one should be permitted to address another poster in this fashion. I have added the bolding, and I do not represent it in any way as being present in the original post.

Drew said:
Moderators, I request that you please perform your function when you have the opportunity. No one should be permitted to address another poster in this fashion. I have added the bolding, and I do not represent it in any way as being present in the original post.

:smt022 Drew
If you can't handle ''the heat'' (for all eternity) get out of the kitchen and you better make sure your name is in the lambs book of life.

Tan: You believe in heaven and hell, does that mean you believe as a hindu? May be my next question to you should be do you pray to a cow?

But yet Drew you want me to take action on a quote from Scripture? Sorry, but I have standards as a MOD, and I'm sorry if that Scripture offended you.. But I think it was well deserved.. Contact our Admins if you disagree.. Drew, set your love on God and the spirit.

Tan: So your saying that if I believe in Heaven and Hell, that I'm as a Hindu? So are you promoting another religion in my forum?

Revelation 20:10-15
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. 11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, Rev. 19:5 small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Atonement said:
But yet Drew you want me to take action on a quote from Scripture? Sorry, but I have standards as a MOD, and I'm sorry if that Scripture offended you.. But I think it was well deserved.. Contact our Admins if you disagree.. Drew, set your love on God and the spirit.
I will inform the administrators and I feel obliged to inform them that you not only would not take action but that you approved of the characterization of a poster as a "child of the devil". I find it hard to believe to that they will not censure both you and jgredline. However, that is their decision.

This is ridiculous.

If I do not believe in immortality of the soul, I can be banded with the saducees, just because of ONE thing that my opinions mix with theirs.

What is wrong in me POINTING out that it can go both ways and since hindu's believe in heaven and hell that jg believes as hindus do???

And stop with your baiting questions atonement. You very well know the point and context of my quote about hinduism.

And as far as your EXCUSE of not being able to delete a post because it contains scripture, know that the devil quoted scripture as well. You very well know as a MOD the context of what the scripture in question was posted in.

atonement said:
Tan: So your saying that if I believe in Heaven and Hell, that I'm as a Hindu?
Why, pray tell, does that offend you? May be it will help you empathize with the person being alluded to being a saducee because he believes that souls are not immortal.

jgredline said:
CP
I know the question was directed to Oscar, but I could not help but comment on this verse, since this verse is really the heart of the Gospel.
The eating of blood was forbidden. The blood was for atonement, not for nourishment. “The life of the flesh is in the blood†(v. 11). The principle behind atonement is life for life. Since the wages of sin is death, symbolized by the shedding of blood, so “without the shedding of blood is no remission.†Forgiveness does not come because the penalty of sin is excused, but because it is transferred to a sacrifice whose lifeblood is poured out. Verse 11 is one of the key verses in Leviticus and should be memorized. When an animal was slaughtered, its blood was drained immediately. An animal that died accidentally was unclean if its blood was not drained right away.
You are so busy trying to prove you have the correct theology that as you go through these verses, you are missing the richness of them.

Hi JG,
You miss the whole point of the sense of 'Nephesh'. It basically means 'life' which is what the biblical 'soul' is.

And stop with your baiting questions atonement. You very well know the point and context of my quote about hinduism

Oh I don't think so. You said that if we believe in Heaven and Hell we are like Hindus, and that you "should" ask if we pray to cows.... I think you know, that I know what you meant, but now your running while trying to use the ol' reverse psychology.. Don't work on someone who can see through you to begin with..

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Jg. Mike believes like a Saducee.

May God bless, golfjack

!!

I thought saducees did not believe in the resurrection. You are way off track!

jgredline said:
This is creepy.:o
I was thinking the very same thing. This is why I asked. My next question was going to be if he believes in the ressurection and demons. :o

Is this the best you can do? Come on, lets get this topic back on track.

atonement said:
Oh I don't think so. You said that if we believe in Heaven and Hell we are like Hindus, and that you "should" ask if we pray to cows.... I think you know, that I know what you meant, but now your running while trying to use the ol' reverse psychology.. Don't work on someone who can see through you to begin with..
Yet you fail miserably to see the parallel in how “if we believe in mortality of the soul we are like Saducees, and that one “should†ask if we believe in resurrection and in demonsâ€Â. Reverse psychology? Hardly. It is more of a do unto other as you have been done, so they can see where you are coming from.

CP_Mike said:
Hi JG,
You miss the whole point of the sense of 'Nephesh'. It basically means 'life' which is what the biblical 'soul' is.

CP
Through out the OT the word soul and spirit are interchanged most of the time.

CP_Mike said:
!!

I thought saducees did not believe in the resurrection. You are way off track!

Jack never said that. It was a question to you, if you believed in the resurrection..

By the way, What is your avatar?

jgredline said:
Jack never said that. It was a question to you, if you believed in the resurrection..

By the way, What is your avatar?

NO. It was a statement. If it was a question please show me the question mark in his post. Also if it was a question to him, why was his post addressed to you? Let me repost it for you.

golfjack said:
Jg. Mike believes like a Saducee.

May God bless, golfjack

English is my second language and even I am not dumb enough to think that it was a question.

Back