Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Sin Nature

A checkpoint? To my knowledge, Jesus didn't tell his followers "hey, I'm sacrificing myself for the sins of the world, but conditions apply".

If this sin nature, which to me sounds like another name for human nature, was so important, why didn't Jesus talk about it? The question of sin itself after the crucifixion is one that's open to interpretation.

We have Christians here that believe sin was conquered through Christ. Others believe that one can still sin, but the saved are still saved and THAT is the significance of the crucifixion. Others believe in a sin nature, or that the crucifixion was merely one step in the direction of salvation.

Christ told Ananias not to be afraid of Paul, Christ said he had chosen Paul for a specific purpose.

One of those purposes was to explain the New Covenant, which he does in his 13 letters, 14 if you count Hebrews.

Christ made sure that Paul explained all of it to us! Whether we listen or not is left up to us.

I you want to see the "sin nature" in action, put two toddlers in one play pin with one toy.
That’s not evidence of anything but poor parenting and cruelty.
Cain was in rebellion against God, he refused to bring an animal sacrifice before God as Cain did, which represented the sacrifice of Christ. Cain killed Abel because he was a murderer in his heart.
That’s not what God said.

Some will tell you there is no such thing as a "sin nature." They say it's not found in Scripture and is made up to fit the agenda of a certain doctrine or doctrines.
Well ain't that something . Where is our "sin nature" located at exactly ?:chin

Well ain't that something . Where is our "sin nature" located at exactly ?:chin

Jer. 17:9
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

It dwells in the heart of the soul of man, that's why man's soul must be born-again.

Who placed "sin nature" in the heart of man ?

I explained that in the OP when I addressed "The Original Sin." But I will further explain.

When God told Adam, "you shall not eat of this tree, in the day you eat thereof, you shall surly die."

That was a spiritual death, the death of the soul of man, in which the physical death had to follow.

Adam has now fell from the state of perfection in the Garden, to the fallen state of sin.

Now Adam's nature is sinful, and all who are born of his seed are now sinful, the sin nature.

There's not a single one of us who would not have done the same as Adam and Eve.

So we can't say we are suffering for something we didn't do.

This whole thing, in my opinion, is God exercising His "free will" toward man to do and choose as he wills.

We know that man, even in perfection will disobey God, but He allows us to do this in order to have us willfully, of our own choice, choose His way rather than our own way, which is not acceptable to a Holy, sinless God.

It's the Grace of God, something we in no way deserve, but those who choose His way over man's way, He gives the Grace to become the sons of God!

Some will tell you there is no such thing as a "sin nature."
And of course not having sinned for many years these same people would never sit still in a pew on Sunday being preached too by a pastor who had not publicly claimed to be at least as sinless as themselves for an equivalent number of years or greater.
Yet when you press them to give the name & church of their own favorite pastor they listen to on Sunday, who like themselves publicly claim to do no sin as they do they curl up into a silent little cowardly ball in front of their computer screen unable to type a single syllable in an answer .

And of course not having sinned for many years these same people would never sit still in a pew on Sunday being preached too by a pastor who had not publicly claimed to be at least as sinless as themselves for an equivalent number of years or greater.
Yet when you press them to give the name & church of their own favorite pastor they listen to on Sunday, who like themselves publicly claim to do no sin as they do they curl up into a silent little cowardly ball in front of their computer screen unable to type a single syllable in an answer .

It's a sad reality!

The truth is, we don't want to sin if we are truly born-again. But we know we do when the Holy Spirit convicts us of it, which is what He does to see that we need to turn from such. As Paul said, "I die daily," we have to die to sin on a daily basis, but yet we will fail from time to time.

My point is that if that conviction of our sins from the Holy Spirit is not realized, then we need to check up, something is terribly wrong!

I'm not a doctor! What I'm saying is that is it a fact of disobeying God.
Well that is alright , being a MD will not help you find the location of this elusive "sin nature" .
Now Adam's nature is sinful, and all who are born of his seed are now sinful, the sin nature.
Where were Adam's seed located at ? Your terms and explanation here and I can not help the fact you are not a doctor .

Well that is alright , being a MD will not help you find the location of this elusive "sin nature" .

Where were Adam's seed located at ? Your terms and explanation here and I can not help the fact you are not a doctor .

You'll have ask a doctor about the process of procreation. Charlie doesn't attempt to answer such questions.

I you want to see the "sin nature" in action, put two toddlers in one play pin with one toy.
Cain was in rebellion against God, he refused to bring an animal sacrifice before God as Cain did, which represented the sacrifice of Christ. Cain killed Abel because he was a murderer in his heart.
How can I or even Paul point out and warn about the sin nature to someone who has convinced themselves they can no longer sin? There are some here who believe exactly that, and have deceived themselves.
False accusation!! Shame on you! I never said I was sinless.

If anything, it's evidence of nature itself. My two cats would fight over one toy that both of them really liked. It's not exclusive to humans.
Although in some cases it’s survival so not sin at all.

False accusation!! Shame on you! I never said I was sinless.

I didn't say Dorothy Mae said she was sinless! I said "There are some here who claim..."

So shame on you for making a false accusation!

Back