Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Sin Nature

We are all born with the same nature Adam was created with , Human Nature .
That is the evidence in life and scriptures. What we do with that nature, who we become, is a result of our choices. can we develop a sin nature by sinning, that is can sin become so embedded in us that we not only DO sin but actually ARE the sin we do. The man who steals constantly, becomes a thief deeper inside of him such that stealing is a way of life and he needn't think about it. The man who lies constantly, becomes a liar deep inside of him such that lying is a way of life and he needn't think long and hard about how to answer difficult questions. Then we do have a sin nature and we built it, but it was not born in us.

Choice become habits
Habits become our character
Character influences our destiny.

Well, that's a work in progress. Right now I'm leaning towards sin being a man-made concept. There's no evidence that it exists, just as there's no evidence of a "sin nature".
You really don't mean that there is no evidence sin exists do you? I mean you don't mean that there is no evidence that any man ever does any wrong to any other (which is what sin is), do you?

The sin nature is the nature that exists before God commanded all men everywhere to repent.

After all the world is proven to be guilty under sin ( unbelief-unrepentant) the ones who repent ( from unbelief) believe in the righteousness of Christ dying once unto sin and being alive unto God ( with us)

If there is a sin nature remaining ( of unbelief) it needs to be replaced by a faith nature while there is time to repent.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Well, that's a work in progress. Right now I'm leaning towards sin being a man-made concept. There's no evidence that it exists, just as there's no evidence of a "sin nature".
Very interesting.
What does 1 John 1 mean?
And 1 John 2:1

The sin nature is the nature that exists before God commanded all men everywhere to repent.

After all the world is proven to be guilty under sin ( unbelief-unrepentant) the ones who repent ( from unbelief) believe in the righteousness of Christ dying once unto sin and being alive unto God ( with us)

If there is a sin nature remaining ( of unbelief) it needs to be replaced by a faith nature while there is time to repent.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
From where do you get the idea that the sin nature refers to unbelief?

A sinner is one who practices sin.
I don't believe a Christian practices sin.
A sinner is one who works ill/hurts others.

A Christian is one who loves others/love works no ill to your neighbour.

The Christian bears one another's burdens ( not adds to them) to so fulfil the law of Christ.

Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

The Christian bears one another's burdens ( not adds to them) to so fulfil the law of Christ.

Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Do you believe we are born sinners?

Sin is unbelief.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
It states that we will die in our sins if we do not believe.

It does not say that unbelief is those sins.
But that we will die in those sins.

I don't hurt my neighbors.
Can I still commit a sin?

From where do you get the idea that the sin nature refers to unbelief?
The question should be rather, how do you not know that sin/transgression, is how all fall, by not believing in Christ. ( until repented from that previous ignorance and evil heart of unbelief.)

Acts 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

It states that we will die in our sins if we do not believe.

It does not say that unbelief is those sins.
But that we will die in those sins.
Not believing in Christ is being in sins. Sin is unbelief in Jesus Christ ( they are told they die in sins for not believing He is He.)

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

I don't hurt my neighbors.
Can I still commit a sin?
Sin is working ill to our neighbours, if we do not work ill we fulfil, loving another is fulfilling the law, how do you say sin and show that as loving your neighbour ?

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The question should be rather, how do you not know that sin/transgression, is how all fall, by not believing in Christ. ( until repented from that previous ignorance and evil heart of unbelief.)

Acts 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
A person could believe in God and believe in Jesus but not be saved.

Is this a true statement?

Not believing in Christ is being in sins. Sin is unbelief in Jesus Christ ( they are told they die in sins for not believing He is He.)

So once we become born again we no longer sin?

Also Gods love is perfected in us, when we love one another, how do you say we do not hurt our neighbour, yet we can still commit sin ? ( what is sin for you that does not hurt your neighbour/is you loving your neighbour as yourself)

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

A person could believe in God and believe in Jesus but not be saved.

Is this a true statement?
If we believe in Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God, we do as testified.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Back