Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SONS OF GOD IN GENESIS 6:1-7

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Humans even after Adams sin still have a basic understanding of right and wrong.
Well maybe they don’t.
Romans 3:20 kjv
20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The law is a schoolmaster till Christ is revealed.
Galatians 3:24 kjv
24. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

John the Baptist used the law to preach repentance, which is the knowledge of sin.

While in sin we are blind to our sins.

The gentile deeper knowledge of sin comes from the law being written in our hearts and minds. Not from the letter of Moses law but the new heart of flesh being given to us.

Man tries to take credit for having a good heart.

But
Jeremiah 17:9 kjv
9. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Oh but I know it. Really? Are you sure? The scripture surely seems to not agree.

We all learn that, the fuzzy feeling can be a lie.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Not all. There are demons and evil spirits that plague man even Christians. It's called evil attitudes. Attitudes are intangible. Attitudes have a sort of power. You can even see attitudes to a certain point on the countenance. Good attitudes and evil attitudes. Both are even tied to the power of the tongue. But what comes from the heart passes over the tongue.
They are fallen angels Jeremiah. It is a kind of misleading term however, it means messenger, and you are quite correct, they are no longer God's messengers. I was going to side with you on this but found that the Bible refers to them as angels as well, perhaps like me you had forgotten this passage Jeremiah:
Re 12:9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

They are fallen angels Jeremiah. It is a kind of misleading term however, it means messenger, and you are quite correct, they are no longer God's messengers. I was going to side with you on this but found that the Bible refers to them as angels as well, perhaps like me you had forgotten this passage Jeremiah:
Re 12:9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
No, you found that commentators refer to them as angels.
Tell me, when did Rev. 12:9 occur?

Well maybe they don’t.
Romans 3:20 kjv
20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

The law is a schoolmaster till Christ is revealed.
Galatians 3:24 kjv
24. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

John the Baptist used the law to preach repentance, which is the knowledge of sin.

While in sin we are blind to our sins.

The gentile deeper knowledge of sin comes from the law being written in our hearts and minds. Not from the letter of Moses law but the new heart of flesh being given to us.

Man tries to take credit for having a good heart.

But
Jeremiah 17:9 kjv
9. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Oh but I know it. Really? Are you sure? The scripture surely seems to not agree.

We all learn that, the fuzzy feeling can be a lie.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Maybe I should correct this Ed, I believe I have a basic knowledge of what is right and wrong. It seems to me that many do not seem to have that quality, so I do not necessarily disagree with you.

That fits scripture better.
The truth of the matter is, Gen 1:26. That is why humans do have an inner understanding of right and wrong. Of course some are mentally incapable and are not in charge of their faculties, but most do have that understanding, but choose to ignore it.

The truth of the matter is, Gen 1:26. That is why humans do have an inner understanding of right and wrong. Of course some are mentally incapable and are not in charge of their faculties, but most do have that understanding, but choose to ignore it.
How do I state this?

Man was made a living soul. Body mind will emotions. Not an eternal spirit that was to go to heaven by the way he was created.

Creation has many hidden truths . Hidden even to Adam and Eve.
If they were aware of good and evil they possibly would have said:
The serpent is under us and we know the mandate (chose another word for mandate?)
That God has told us not to eat from the tree of good and evil. Adam and Eve should have discussed the matter.
The image of God was latter to be understood (let us make man in our communication image). Communication skills are more New Testament.

It was all the way to the parable of the sower when Jesus revealed seeds hidden symbolism, and the fact that ground/soil had a Hidden message.

To discern good from evil is a spiritual gift, given by the Holy Spirit. It is not the way Elihu presents man as being able to have knowledge.

So hidden in Genesis 1:26
Is how crops grow (word of God in mens hearts). Clean and unclean ( the fall may have had an influence later?).

A lot of hidden information was in Adam and eves job description, but the ability to see the hidden truths seems to come at Pentecost.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Not everyone has that inner understanding.
The conscience plays a part.

How do I state this?

Man was made a living soul. Body mind will emotions. Not an eternal spirit that was to go to heaven by the way he was created.

Creation has many hidden truths . Hidden even to Adam and Eve.
If they were aware of good and evil they possibly would have said:
The serpent is under us and we know the mandate (chose another word for mandate?)
That God has told us not to eat from the tree of good and evil. Adam and Eve should have discussed the matter.
The image of God was latter to be understood (let us make man in our communication image). Communication skills are more New Testament.

It was all the way to the parable of the sower when Jesus revealed seeds hidden symbolism, and the fact that ground/soil had a Hidden message.

To discern good from evil is a spiritual gift, given by the Holy Spirit. It is not the way Elihu presents man as being able to have knowledge.

So hidden in Genesis 1:26
Is how crops grow (word of God in mens hearts). Clean and unclean ( the fall may have had an influence later?).

A lot of hidden information was in Adam and eves job description, but the ability to see the hidden truths seems to come at Pentecost.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Yes sir Mr Redneck, I fully agree. I agree that the helper sent to the disciples on Pentecost was a helper to reveal hidden truths as well. I believe God still uses that helper to reveal His word to His people progressively as well. Dan 12:4; Pro 4:18

When Jesus returned?
No sir, that was when he received the Crown in heaven, and his presence (parousia) began that ushered us into the last days that would not exceed a generation. Mat 24:3,34

His return will be at the end of the great tribulation Mat 24:22; 1 Thes 4:16; 2 Thes 1:6-9

No sir, that was when he received the Crown in heaven, and his presence (parousia) began that ushered us into the last days that would not exceed a generation. Mat 24:3,34

His return will be at the end of the great tribulation Mat 24:22; 1 Thes 4:16; 2 Thes 1:6-9

Here is what the Bible teaches us about the day of the Lord when Jesus returns at His coming.

Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

Zechariah 14:1-5

This has not happened yet and will be fulfilled in the future when Jesus appears again in which every eye will see Him.

JLB

Not everyone has that inner understanding.
The conscience plays a part.
Is that not what a conscience is sir? The voice behind us telling us the way to go, what is right and wrong. If we don't have that inner quality, there are laws set up to invoke us to act in a certain way, and as Johnny Law says, Ignorance of the law is no excuse, although no doubt there are times where it should be.

Is that not what a conscience is sir? The voice behind us telling us the way to go, what is right and wrong. If we don't have that inner quality, there are laws set up to invoke us to act in a certain way, and as Johnny Law says, Ignorance of the law is no excuse, although no doubt there are times where it should be.
There are many factors that inform the conscience.
Upbringing, education, environment.
And this plays directly as to the identity of the "giants" [nephalim] in Genesis 6.
These sons of God were human men. The were part of the Adamic and Sethian Covenant along the lines that brought us to Genesis 6.
When believers are unequally yoked in marriage or contract with unbeliever's bad things happen. The bad thing were children born to them with unbelieving women. Without restriction and law, they became tyrants and bullies just as the word "giants" is defined.
And when the flood receded another disobedient group of people rose up and became the people of Babel.
Our society, yes, even all the world's societies are going the direction of the "giants" who without restriction and law are becoming more brazen every day. Shootings in our schools, assaults, thefts, killing, and wars evidence what happens to a society that grow without training, education, restrictions, and law.
Thank you for this. It was overlooked.

Here is what the Bible teaches us about the day of the Lord when Jesus returns at His coming.

Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives
Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two,
From east to west,
Making a very large valley;
Half of the mountain shall move toward the north
And half of it toward the south.
Then you shall flee through My mountain valley,
For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal.
Yes, you shall flee
As you fled from the earthquake
In the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Thus the LORD my God will come,
And all the saints with You.

Zechariah 14:1-5

This has not happened yet and will be fulfilled in the future when Jesus appears again in which every eye will see Him.

JLB
Yes JL, Jesus coming/return is yet future I agree sir as I stated in the post.

Reactions: JLB
There are many factors that inform the conscience.
Upbringing, education, environment.
And this plays directly as to the identity of the "giants" [nephalim] in Genesis 6.
These sons of God were human men. The were part of the Adamic and Sethian Covenant along the lines that brought us to Genesis 6.
When believers are unequally yoked in marriage or contract with unbeliever's bad things happen. The bad thing were children born to them with unbelieving women. Without restriction and law, they became tyrants and bullies just as the word "giants" is defined.
And when the flood receded another disobedient group of people rose up and became the people of Babel.
Our society, yes, even all the world's societies are going the direction of the "giants" who without restriction and law are becoming more brazen every day. Shootings in our schools, assaults, thefts, killing, and wars evidence what happens to a society that grow without training, education, restrictions, and law.
Thank you for this. It was overlooked.
I personally think that most of those who are doing those things are aware they are doing wrong, don't you? Sure there are some that are criminally insane, but that would be relatively few of them. I don't hold any sympathy for them however, and believe wholeheartedly that at a bare minimum, they should get the amount of suffering they caused returned to them. In some of God's law, compensation was more than the loss, I would really love to see that, might be a great deterrent huh Jeremiah.

I personally think that most of those who are doing those things are aware they are doing wrong, don't you? Sure there are some that are criminally insane, but that would be relatively few of them. I don't hold any sympathy for them however, and believe wholeheartedly that at a bare minimum, they should get the amount of suffering they caused returned to them. In some of God's law, compensation was more than the loss, I would really love to see that, might be a great deterrent huh Jeremiah.
23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Ex 21:23–25.

Back