Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why is that an either/or?

Does Putin have sovereignty over Russia or can ordinary Russians eat whatever is in their cupboard?
They eat whatever the government purchases or grow or manufactured in the country.
Still, there is no comparison.

Christ rules the spiritual realm.
Man exists in the natural realm.
We can choose chocolate or vanilla, brown shirt or striped shirt. What time to wake up with help of our phones. Etc.
But Salvation is of the LORD, Jonah says (Jonah 2:9).
All its parts, repentance, faith, conversion, etc., are all granted by God.
Man is dead in sin. Like Lazarus CANNOT resurrect on his own.
The LORD must first call the name out that's written in the book of life of the Lamb at the appointed TIME and man becomes born-again FROM ABOVE.
Not below.

I stated that this command in Genesis 1:28 is a command God gave to Christ, who was 'created' a little lower than the angels but crowned with glory and honour.
God spoke this command to Adam, but Christ was in his loins.
Is there anyone else whom God crowned with glory and honour besides Christ?
This is a two fold heresy

They eat whatever the government purchases or grow or manufactured in the country.
They what they have been able to purchase.
Still, there is no comparison.
Yes, it is. God is sovereign in the same way a country’s leader is sovereign. The king is even called a “sovereign.” He doesn’t control individual choices same as God doesn’t. Neither want to do so.
Christ rules the spiritual realm.
Man exists in the natural realm.
Man also exists in the spiritual realm. Christ’s rule extends into the natural as well. That’s how he can heal our diseases.’
We can choose chocolate or vanilla, brown shirt or striped shirt. What time to wake up with help of our phones. Etc.
But Salvation is of the LORD, Jonah says (Jonah 2:9).
All its parts, repentance, faith, conversion, etc., are all granted by God.
No, “choose this day whom you will serve” means we choose as well. It’s Gods will that all are saved but not all choose.
Man is dead in sin. Like Lazarus CANNOT resurrect on his own.
No, Lazarus was dead in the natural realm. Dead in sin is solely spiritual, It’s a metaphor. When Jesus sent out the twelve or when Paul preached the gospel and many believed, no one said they’d “raised the dead in sin.”
The LORD must first call the name out that's written in the book of life of the Lamb at the appointed TIME and man becomes born-again FROM ABOVE.
Not below.
Where did you get that idea from? That procedure is no where in scripture. The procedure is men preach the truth. God’s word calls men to him (and repent). Men choose to respond or not.

OK.... well, that is an open definition.
No, it’s commonly understood but you refuse to acknowledge any definition.
Everyone on the planet agrees that man has a choice. Usually, people put the word FREE in front of WILL as an adjective to refine the meaning of WILL.
They say the obvious description.
I say God determines your choices and many people say God does not determine your choices and you simply say it's a choice. Everyone agrees to that.
You probably need to ask him WHO determines your choice although most people think it’s obvious.
Well, almost everyone does. If a definition lacks specifics it makes communication difficult. Now I know your definition I can understand the message you are trying to convey. Basically, you say people have a choice and you don't clarify who determines how you will choose.

I just trying to understand you. You're definition is a non-standard IMO. You're simply saying people have a "will". Everyone agrees to that.
I guess his answer didn’t enable you to use the usual chaff. That was his free will choice or maybe God made him say those words to reach you with a new thought.

Very good.
But there is only ONE King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
We throw all our crowns at HIS FEET.
It's all about Christ:

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. Jn 5:39.

Me, me, me.
Him, Him, Him!
Your Jesus sounds like a self centered narcissist.

Yes, it is. God is sovereign in the same way a country’s leader is sovereign. The king is even called a “sovereign.” He doesn’t control individual choices same as God doesn’t. Neither want to do so.

Man also exists in the spiritual realm. Christ’s rule extends into the natural as well. That’s how he can heal our diseases.’

No, “choose this day whom you will serve” means we choose as well. It’s Gods will that all are saved but not all choose.

No, Lazarus was dead in the natural realm. Dead in sin is solely spiritual, It’s a metaphor. When Jesus sent out the twelve or when Paul preached the gospel and many believed, no one said they’d “raised the dead in sin.”

Where did you get that idea from? That procedure is no where in scripture. The procedure is men preach the truth. God’s word calls men to him (and repent). Men choose to respond or not.
Even Christ was Predestined.
Jesus died for His Church. ALL humans are not of His Church.
What you believe is the theology of Arminianism named after Jacob Arminius.
The five-points of Arminianism challenged the orthodox beliefs of the Heidelberg and Belgic Confession and brought confusion to the Holland Church. They convened a hearing and for several years Arminianism was discussed and, in the end, ruled by the Divines as heresy.
The Roman Catholic Church teaches Arminianism and also Semi-Pelagianism. Pelagius lived at the time of Martin Luther and even he charged Pelagius with heresy, and this led to Martin Luther's book "The Bondage of the Will" which he wrote, as Paul, that we are in bondage of sin.

Jesus taught this very same thing where he states that a stronger man (Jesus) must first bind the strong man (sin) before He can take His Spoils. NO MAN seeks God. The is a book of life of names of everyone Christ died for and will save. When Christ died that day at Calvary He ACTUALLY saved someone. Your Arminianism teaches that the sacrifice of Christ does not become effective until someone later "accepts Jesus into their heart," something the apostles never taught. Teaching that Christ's sacrifice doesn't become effective until someone accepts Jesus means that on that day Christ died, He saved NO ONE since it is not effective until someone accepts Jesus. THINK!

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. Rom. 3:10–11.

Tell me, is Paul lying? Do people actually seek God? Here's another: Christ is the Light of the world.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light [CHRIST] is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light [CHRIST], because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light [CHRIST], neither cometh to the light [CHRIST], lest his deeds should be reproved. Jn 3:18–20.

Christ came into the world.
Men/women love darkness rather than Christ.
Everyone hates Christ.
NEITHER COME to Christ.

Christ said this. Do you understand what He is saying? There's a reason this was said by Christ and why it's in the Bible:

24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man. Jn 2:23–25.

I guess "He stinketh" is also metaphor.
Mary and Martha do not weep and wail for a metaphor.
Nor does Jesus. He wept. Lazarus' death was real and he stayed in the grave until Jesus was good and ready - four days - to call him out.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. Jn 5:39.

Take your complaint to Christ.
But you are saying that "it's all about Christ".
And you have provided no proof that "it is all about Christ".
What do you mean by "it"?
What do you mean by "all"?

Your faith seems to be slavish to your narrow vision of the world.

But you are saying that "it's all about Christ".
And you have provided no proof that "it is all about Christ".
What do you mean by "it"?
What do you mean by "all"?

Your faith seems to be slavish to your narrow vision of the world.
Christ is the focal point in all the history of man.
Everything belongs to Christ. He created it it's His. He can do what He wants with it. If He wants to save some and not others that's His prerogative.

Christ is the focal point in all the history of man.
Everything belongs to Christ. He created it it's His. He can do what He wants with it. If He wants to save some and not others that's His prerogative.
But none of that shows that "it" is all about Christ.
What about times when Christ makes it about others and not Himself?

I guess "He stinketh" is also metaphor.
No, Lazarus was dead. No metaphor. The dead smell.
Mary and Martha do not weep and wail for a metaphor.
Again, the death of Lazarus was real. He wasn’t “dead in sun.” He was dead.
Nor does Jesus. He wept. Lazarus' death was real and he stayed in the grave until Jesus was good and ready - four days - to call him out.
Who says any different?

Define "free will" and find a verse saying God gave Free Will to man.
(Genesis 2:16, 17) . . .Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”

(Genesis 2:16, 17) . . .Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.”
Definitely a choice there and if that is your definition of free will then I agree Adam had free will.
But, there is nothing giving a definition of Free Will.

There's arminian free will, libertarian free will, Augustine free will .... which one of those is the verse referring to or is it another flavor/definition of Free Will I did not list. The verse is too obtuse to identify it with any of these choices. It says Adam had a choice and then does not address the FREEDOM of the choice. Was Adam free from God's determination, from Eve's nagging, from Satan's power, from what?

The strength of those that use Free Will as an argument is they inability to define what Free Will is so as to avoid criticism. Often they give the obtuse definition: It's a choice and won't address the crux of the matter which is WHAT DETERMINES THE CHOICE. It's like those who claim a man can become a woman ... when you ask them: What is a woman they won't do it or say something ridiculous like: Anyone who says they are a woman is a woman. When it comes to FREE WILL they say it's a choice and won't address the FREE part of the term. (Aside: those who are a little more scholarly will define the FREE part.... but in this FORUM they won't)

You have not answered what "it" is.
So you have not repeated yourself at all.
Yes cannabis is legal in Canada... did you want some sent to you?
No. I thought you were smoking it based upon your replies.

The "it" is everything.
God is Sovereign over ALL creation.
His Will be done on earth as IT is in heaven.

God will have His way in everything.
It's His creation. It's His Plan for the salvation of many, not all.
I am God-centered, not man-centered.
How about you?

No, Lazarus was dead. No metaphor. The dead smell.

Again, the death of Lazarus was real. He wasn’t “dead in sun.” He was dead.

Who says any different?
When Joshua asked "choose whom you will serve" he was speaking to a people ALREADY IN COVENANT WITH GOD.
The Word of God, the Scripture is TO and FOR believers ONLY.

It was not written by the Holy Spirit for the world (of unbelievers.)

No. I thought you were smoking it based upon your replies.
I don't smoke.
The "it" is everything.
Rather vague.
God is Sovereign over ALL creation.
Right.
His Will be done on earth as IT is in heaven.
"it" in this situation would be "His Will".
God will have His way in everything.
It's His creation. It's His Plan for the salvation of many, not all.
I am God-centered, not man-centered.
How about you?
I take a holistic view of God and His creation.
It sounds like you remove yourself and others from all responsibility.
I look at things from a different perspective.
Try it some time.

Back