Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I don't smoke.

Rather vague.

Right.

"it" in this situation would be "His Will".

I take a holistic view of God and His creation.
It sounds like you remove yourself and others from all responsibility.
I look at things from a different perspective.
Try it some time.
Edumacate me.

When Joshua asked "choose whom you will serve" he was speaking to a people ALREADY IN COVENANT WITH GOD.
If they don’t so choose, they’re not in covenant.
The Word of God, the Scripture is TO and FOR believers ONLY.
Then no one can be saved who isn’t already. I know many who weren’t believers until they started reading the Scripture. Seems God doesn’t agree with you but reaches the unbelievers through the scripture.
It was not written by the Holy Spirit for the world (of unbelievers.)
Again, there’s no evidence for that. “These things are written so that you might believe..”

Jesus has 2 natures. The human side was created. (sort of gets tricky)
He as the God man was fully God/ fully man.
Phil.2 points out he took upon Himself a physical body as He humbled himself, the "Form of a Servant"...a physical body
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men
so He could die on the cross, because of the elect;
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

He was never in Adams loins, that is why the virgin birth was necessary, so He would be sinless. God the Son came to earth Veiled in flesh.

Last edited:
If they don’t so choose, they’re not in covenant.

Then no one can be saved who isn’t already. I know many who weren’t believers until they started reading the Scripture. Seems God doesn’t agree with you but reaches the unbelievers through the scripture.

Again, there’s no evidence for that. “These things are written so that you might believe..”
Christian Hellenize the Scripture. They think Jesus is a Gentile and an American.
He's a "Jewish" Messiah prophesied to Israel (twelve tribes) and He came to Israel (twelve tribes), specifically to the lost sheep of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL.
Gentiles are grafted in. They are not the root.

The Abrahamic Covenant encompassed ALL the twelve tribes of Jacob/Israel. Everyone who was of the twelve tribes was Covenant.
What Joshua is doing is encouraging God's people to obey their Lord. It had nothing to do with choice to be a part of the Covenant. They were in Covenant by birth.
And God commanded Joshua to destroy God's enemies that inhabited the Promised Land. Kill every man, woman, child, baby, cattle, sheep, etc.
And He did. How's that? Millions of Gentiles outside the Abrahamic Covenant were slaughtered by God's anointed. And being that Joshua (Yeshua) is a type of Christ guess what Jesus does when He returns?
He kills all God's enemies, man, women, children, babies. Everyone.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and ghe treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev. 19:11–16.

How's that for Christians who teach the heresy the "God loves everyone."

And John wrote to the Jews so that they might believe.
He didn't write to the Romans, or the Greeks, or any other heathen.

Last edited:
He as the God man was fully God/ fully man.
Phil.2 points out he took upon Himself a physical body as He humbled himself, the "Form of a Servant"...a physical body
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men
so He could die on the cross, because of the elect;
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

He was never in Adams loins, that is why the virgin birth was necessary, so He would be sinless. God the Son came to earth Veiled in flesh.
If you detach Christ from Adam's loins, then He cannot be human and there goes salvation out the door.

Jesus is eternal God....He was not created.
Jesus was not in Adam's loins.
Man was created lower than the angels psalm8 Heb2.
If you detach Christ from human roots, meaning in the loins of Adam you detach His humanity from the equation, and this is error.

If you detach Christ from Adam's loins, then He cannot be human and there goes salvation out the door.
Oh, God is limited as to how He can create humans? God needs Adam?
So the following verse is not true?
Luke 3:8b for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children (descendants) for Abraham [for God can replace the unrepentant, regardless of their heritage, with those who are obedient].

Christian Hellenize the Scripture. They think Jesus is a Gentile and an American.
Does not apply in this case so immaterial.
He's a "Jewish" Messiah prophesied to Israel (twelve tribes) and He came to Israel (twelve tribes), specifically to the lost sheep of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL.
Gentiles are grafted in. They are not the root.
Jesus is the root. The Jews are not the root. They are branches as well. And the Messiah was promised to the whole world. (See Abrahmic covenant.)
The Abrahamic Covenant encompassed ALL the twelve tribes of Jacob/Israel. Everyone who was of the twelve tribes was Covenant.
Anticipated you. The promise was that the whole world, would be blessed by Abraham.
What Joshua is doing is encouraging God's people to obey their Lord. It had nothing to do with choice to be a part of the Covenant. They were in Covenant by birth.
And God commanded Joshua to destroy God's enemies that inhabited the Promised Land. Kill every man, woman, child, baby, cattle, sheep, etc.
And He did. How's that? Millions of Gentiles outside the Abrahamic Covenant were slaughtered by God's anointed. And being that Joshua (Yeshua) is a type of Christ guess what Jesus does when He returns?
He kills all God's enemies, man, women, children, babies. Everyone.
Those who refuse to obey are not a part of the covenant. Obedience is not a optional extra. The covenant was not merely to get land. "Millions of Gentiles outside the Abrahamic Covenant were slaughtered by God's anointed." This is a very strange way of looking at things. Those who were killed practiced evil. Those nations who did not, were not. (See Edom) It was not because they were of the wrong race.
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and ghe treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev. 19:11–16.
Do you understand what a sword that comes out of the mouth is? It is the Words of Jesus. A "sword" out of the mouth refers to sharp words. Takes the bloodiness out of the matter.
How's that for Christians who teach the heresy the "God loves everyone."
He speaks sharp words to people....words.....changes things doesn't it?
And John wrote to the Jews so that they might believe.
He didn't write to the Romans, or the Greeks, or any other heathen.
To the Jews first and then the Greek. The New Testament is written so anyone can believe, regardless of their race. It is someone bigotry to insist that the Bible is only written to one race.

Oh, God is limited as to how He can create humans? God needs Adam?
So the following verse is not true?
Luke 3:8b for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children (descendants) for Abraham [for God can replace the unrepentant, regardless of their heritage, with those who are obedient].
Christ's humanity derives from Mary.
Deity from the Spirit.
If you detach either one you cannot have a Savior.

Definitely a choice there and if that is your definition of free will then I agree Adam had free will.
But, there is nothing giving a definition of Free Will.

There's arminian free will, libertarian free will, Augustine free will .... which one of those is the verse referring to or is it another flavor/definition of Free Will I did not list. The verse is too obtuse to identify it with any of these choices. It says Adam had a choice and then does not address the FREEDOM of the choice. Was Adam free from God's determination, from Eve's nagging, from Satan's power, from what?

The strength of those that use Free Will as an argument is they inability to define what Free Will is so as to avoid criticism. Often they give the obtuse definition: It's a choice and won't address the crux of the matter which is WHAT DETERMINES THE CHOICE. It's like those who claim a man can become a woman ... when you ask them: What is a woman they won't do it or say something ridiculous like: Anyone who says they are a woman is a woman. When it comes to FREE WILL they say it's a choice and won't address the FREE part of the term. (Aside: those who are a little more scholarly will define the FREE part.... but in this FORUM they won't)
Christians definition of free will is to have freedom of choice within the guidelines of God's laws Freddy.

Christians definition of free will is to have freedom of choice within the guidelines of God's laws Freddy.
That definition is very general. The definition of "libertarian free will" fits your definition. Augustine's definition free will also fits your definition. Yet "libertarian free will" and "Augustine's definition" conflict because they are more specific. What does FREE in free will mean? Free from what? Free from God's influence as arminians claim, free from any influence as "libertarian free will" claims, simply free to do whatever you desire as Augustine claims? Your definition fits all three. Your definition is the same as "you have a choice".

If you detach Christ from human roots, meaning in the loins of Adam you detach His humanity from the equation, and this is error.
This is heretical teaching
Adam was a sinner
Mary was a sinner
Jesus has no sin.
The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary
Jesus took on the likeness of men,without the sinful flesh.

This is heretical teaching
Adam was a sinner
Mary was a sinner
Jesus has no sin.
The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary
Jesus took on the likeness of men,without the sinful flesh.
Adam was created a sinner. Sin comes from sinner.
Mary was a sinner. But the seed of sin is with the man. He is the federal authority of the human race. Although both men and women have a sinful nature the seed of sin is transferred through the seed of the man.
Mary herself states she was a sinner:

46 And Mary said,
My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Lk 1:46–47.

Take out the man in the birth of Christ and the seed of sin is removed but the genes of humanity remain.

Will is the capacity to make conscious, non-autonomic decisions. Free will is the capacity to make decisions that are not purely deterministic, given past input, nor purely random/spontaneous. - Google.

So you are the one limiting the definition.
Will can be described as the desire to act.
Free will can be described as the desire to act that is free from outside influence.
You are the one using a malformed definition here.
You got a like from Fastfredy0 .
I'm jealous.

you're second paragraph is correct, I'd only add that, biblically, free will refers to moral choices.
Free will is the ability to choose between two moral options without outside coercion.

There is also a philosophical definition of free will but I'm not familiar with it. I just know that it's more complicated.

Is Cannabis legal in Canada?
I'm done repeating myself.
PLEASE TREAT ALL MEMBERS WITH RESPECT.
AVOID SARCASM.
ADDRESS THE TOPIC AND NOT THE MEMBER.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD.
USE TALK WITH THE STAFF IF NECESSARY.

THANKS.

Back