Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Theology of Self Examination, testing to see whether one is "in the faith"

The thread is the theology of self examination, testing if one is of the faith.

So far the thread was the usual as all threads on this forum usually are, a run in with people of different denominations, and no edification through it.

Now it is a debate about healing and the authorities. Theories are not faithful, neither is engaging in them of the faith.
Such misunderstanding is why I prefer the old forums where every discussion had its own "thread" branching out from the main topic. His theory had nothing to do with self-examination.

There are many words added to all versions of the Bible Faith. The Bible don't actually exist, but the oldest copies are virtually unreadable, so words were added righteously for understanding. Many words were added to various versions to support a dogma, which of course God would not approve of.

Adding to or subtracting from in order to manipulate truth will be dealt with by God, as you brought out Faith.
If they had added to the word, then the plagues of the book of Revelation would have been added to them. But they were not.

On the other hand, if your people subtracted from the book, their names will be subtracted from the Book of Life. That is something that is invisible until the day of judgment; the former thing being something that is not invisible and which can be measured scientifically.
No, He is the Eternal Only Begotten Son of the Father. Nor is Jesus the Holy Spirit. There is One God subsisting in Three Divine Persons.
Yes, He is the eternal only begotten Son of the Father; the Father come in human flesh (Isaiah 9:6-7, John 14:7-11; 1 Corinthians 8:6, 1 Corinthians 12:3, Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, 2 Corinthians 6:17-18; Ephesians 4:5).
15 The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
Notice that he did not tell the Jews that Jesus had told him to take up his bed and walk; but that He was the One who had made him well. I still think that he may have good intentions, wanting to prove to the Pharisees that Jesus was at least a prophet.

If they had added to the word, then the plagues of the book of Revelation would have been added to them. But they were not.

On the other hand, if your people subtracted from the book, their names will be subtracted from the Book of Life. That is something that is invisible until the day of judgment; the former thing being something that is not invisible and which can be measured scientifically.

Yes, He is the eternal only begotten Son of the Father; the Father come in human flesh (Isaiah 9:6-7, John 14:7-11; 1 Corinthians 8:6, 1 Corinthians 12:3, Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, 2 Corinthians 6:17-18; Ephesians 4:5).

Notice that he did not tell the Jews that Jesus had told him to take up his bed and walk; but that He was the One who had made him well. I still think that he may have good intentions, wanting to prove to the Pharisees that Jesus was at least a prophet.
Its possible he had good intentions, but not likely.

The authorities hated Jesus, everyone knew it:

11 Then the Jews sought Him at the feast, and said, "Where is He?"
12 And there was much complaining among the people concerning Him. Some said, "He is good"; others said, "No, on the contrary, He deceives the people."
13 However, no one spoke openly of Him for fear of the Jews. (Jn. 7:11-13 NKJ)

His parents said these things because they feared the Jews, for the Jews had agreed already that if anyone confessed that He was Christ, he would be put out of the synagogue. (Jn. 9:22 NKJ)

42 Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue;
43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. (Jn. 12:42-43 NKJ)

For 38 years the man sought a pagan cure. Superstitious. Although Jesus commanded "Rise, take up your bed and walk" it's more likely feared any disobedience would cause his infirmity to return, than desire to obey Christ.

But it is correct Jesus was good to him, unthankful "rat" that he was.
For thousands of years, all men sought wrong, as nobody sought God as testified for the whole world.

All were under sin, none that understood, none that sought God, all were gone out of the way, none that did good, not one.

Jesus Christ commended HIs love towards us, while we all were those sinners, Christ died for us, when we were enemies, alienated and enemies in our minds by wicked works, who Christ reconciled to God by His death, to be saved by His life.

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

The man like all men, was seeking to be made whole, and Jesus came to make us whole.

The man did not seek God, as none sought it is testified, and he told that he had no man to help him.

Jesus helped him, and forgiving his sins ( as we know Jesus forgives sins on earth) made the man whole.

John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

John 5:6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?

John 5:7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

With the man sick of the palsy, Jesus speaks before the Pharisees, that the mans sins are forgiven him.

Jesus gives the same command this time in front of the Pharisees for the man to take up his bed and walk.

This man also had help from others who carried him, but the man at the pool had nobody but Jesus to have compassion on him.

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

Mark 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

No, He is the Eternal Only Begotten Son of the Father. Nor is Jesus the Holy Spirit. There is One God subsisting in Three Divine Persons.
Begotten of the Father is when begotten of the dead.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Jesus is the Spirit of Christ, who dwells in us for salvation.

Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

God is a Spirit, there is one Spirit and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and in us all.

Jesus Christ is given the name which is above every name, that all things in heaven bow to Him. ( Jesus Christ is Lord of all, and is above all.)

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

no Jew zealous for God would seek anything from Asclepius. But for 38 years, that is precisely what this man did.
Psalm 53:2 God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
Incorrect. I once was an Arian, denied the Holy Trinity. But God opened my eyes to see Trinitarian truth is the structure that explains how the Father, Son and Holy Spirit do the same things, yet are not the same Person, and there is only One Infinite Ocean of Essence that is God.

Although the great emphasis of the Old Testament is the unity of God, hints of plurality in the Godhead are not lacking, nor are suggestions that this plurality is a trinity.
More definite indications that this plurality is a trinity are found in the following facts: (1) The Lord is distinguished from the Lord. Gen. 19:24 states, “Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven,” and Hosea 1:7 declares, “I will have compassion on the house of Judah and deliver them by the Lord their God” (cf. Zech. 3:2; 2 Tim. 1:18). (2) The Son is distinguished from the Father. The Son speaking through Isaiah the prophet said, “The Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit” (Isa. 48:16; cf. Ps. 45:6f.; Isa. 63:9f.). Ps. 2:7 reads, “Thou art My Son, today I have begotten Thee.” Jesus is not only called the Son of God (Rom. 1:4), but also the only begotten Son (John 3:16, 18) and his first-born Son (Heb. 1:6). Christ did not become the eternal Son of God at the incarnation; he was the Son before he was given (Isa. 9:6). “His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity” (Mic. 5:2). (3) The Spirit is also distinguished from God. Gen. 1:1 reads, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Then v. 2 states, “The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.” Note also the quotation, “The Lord said, ‘My Spirit shall not strive with man forever’ ” (Gen. 6:3; cf. Num. 27:18; Ps. 51:11; Isa. 40:13; Hag. 2:4f.). (4) Other such matters as the triple use of “holy” in Isa. 6:3 may imply a trinity (cf. Rev. 4:8), as well as the triple benediction of Num. 6:24–26.

Thiessen, H. C., & Doerksen, V. D. (1979). Lectures in systematic theology (pp. 90–98). William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

Only the posting limit stopped me from posting a LOT more, pages of proof the Holy Trinity is taught in Scripture. When you see how each Divine Person acts and speaks, you realize the Bible IMPLIES the Holy Trinity with a hint of hesitation or rebuke.

I don't understand why so many "reinvent the wheel". The Church has been blessed with Teachers like Thiessen, Berkhof, Shedd, the list is long who explain these complex subjects and show the proofs of it in scripture, very well.

When I became a Christian, this described me:

45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,
46 "who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
(Matt. 13:45-46 NKJ)

Go the nearest Christian Book store, or shop online. There be treasure there.

Last edited:

(7) Jesus is called God several times in the New Testament. John 1:1 is very emphatic in the original. It reads as follows, “And the Word was God.” The absence of the article before theos indicates that “God” is in the predicate position. It is not a question as to who God is, but as to who the Logos is. He is not only the only begotten Son, but also the only begotten God (John 1:18). Thomas addressed Christ, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Titus 2:13 refers to “our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.” God said to the Son, “Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom” (Heb. 1:8). Peter writes of “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (2 Pet. 1:1). 1 John 5:20 reads, “in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life” (cf. also Rom. 9:5).

f. Certain relations proving his deity. The Father and he are put side by side with each other and with the Holy Spirit in the baptismal formula (Matt. 28:19; cf. Acts 2:38; Rom. 6:3) and in the apostolic benediction (2 Cor. 13:14; cf. 1 Cor. 1:3). He is the radiance (Heb. 1:3) and image of God (Col. 1:15; cf. 2:9). He and the Father are one (John 10:31; “one” is neuter, not masculine; one substance, not one person; cf. John 14:9; 17:11). He and the Father act together (John 14:23; 1 Thess. 3:11; 2 Thess. 2:16f.). Whatever the Father has, belongs also to Christ (John 16:15; 17:10). The Christian sustains the same relationship to the Father as he does to the Son (Eph. 5:5; Rev. 20:6).

g. Divine worship rendered to and accepted by him (Matt. 14:33; 28:9; Luke 5:8; 1 Cor. 1:2). Since the Old Testament (Exod. 34:14) and Christ himself (Matt. 4:10) declare that God only is to be worshipped, and both ordinary men and angels refused the worship which was offered them (Acts 10:25f.; Rev. 19:10; 22:8f.), for Christ to accept it, if he were not God, would be blasphemy. And what is still more, the Scriptures not only inform us that Christ was worshipped, but they ask us to worship him (John 5:23; Heb. 1:6). If he is not God, he is a deceiver or is self-deceived, and, in either case, if he is not God he is not good (Christus, si non Deus, non bonus).

h. Christ’s own consciousness and claims as proofs of his deity. At the age of twelve he recognized the peculiar claims of his Father (Luke 2:49), at his baptism he was assured of his special sonship (Matt. 3:17), in the Sermon on the Mount he set himself over against the ancients (Matt. 5:21f., 27f., 33–36), when he sent forth the disciples he gave them power to perform miracles (Matt. 10:1, 8; Luke 10:9, 19), he asserted his pre-existence (John 8:58; 17:5), he requested that prayer be offered in his name (John 16:23f.), he claimed that he and the Father were one (John 10:30; 14:9; 17:11), and he claimed that he was the Son of God (John 10:36). Logic seems to demand that he either is what he knew himself to be and what he claimed to be, or that he is unfit to be recognized at all.

Thiessen, H. C., & Doerksen, V. D. (1979). Lectures in systematic theology (pp. 95–96). William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

ChatGPT

Certainly! Here are some prominent authors of Protestant Reformed systematic theology:

1. Louis Berkhof: Berkhof was a Dutch-American Reformed theologian and his work "Systematic Theology" is widely used in Reformed circles.
  2. Charles Hodge: Hodge was an American Presbyterian theologian and his work "Systematic Theology" is considered a classic in Reformed theology.
  3. Wayne Grudem: Grudem is an American evangelical theologian known for his work "Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine."
  4. Herman Bavinck: Bavinck was a Dutch Reformed theologian, and his four-volume work "Reformed Dogmatics" is highly regarded in Reformed theology.
  5. John Calvin: Calvin was a French Reformer and his influential work "Institutes of the Christian Religion" laid the foundation for Reformed systematic theology.
  6. Francis Turretin: Turretin was a Swiss-Italian Reformed theologian, and his "Institutes of Elenctic Theology" is a significant work in Reformed theology.
  7. Augustus Strong: Strong was an American Baptist theologian, and his work "Systematic Theology" has been widely used in Baptist circles.
  8. Wilhelmus à Brakel: à Brakel was a Dutch Reformed theologian, and his work "The Christian's Reasonable Service" is a comprehensive Reformed systematic theology.
  9. John Murray: Murray was a Scottish-born Reformed theologian, and his work "Collected Writings of John Murray" covers various theological topics.

William G. T. Shedd, often referred to as William T. Shedd, was an influential American Protestant theologian. He was born on June 21, 1820, in Acton, Massachusetts, and died on November 17, 1894, in New York City.

Shedd is best known for his work in systematic theology, particularly his three-volume set titled "Dogmatic Theology." This comprehensive work covers various theological topics such as the nature of God, Christology, soteriology, and eschatology. Shedd's approach to theology was rooted in the Reformed tradition and he sought to provide a systematic and rigorous treatment of Christian doctrine.

Shedd served as a professor of theology at various institutions, including Auburn Theological Seminary in New York and Union Theological Seminary in New York City. He was known as an erudite scholar and contributed to the development of Reformed theology in the United States during the 19th century.

Gustav Oehler's "Theology of the Old Testament" should be on any list.

Incorrect. I once was an Arian, denied the Holy Trinity. But God opened my eyes to see Trinitarian truth is the structure that explains how the Father, Son and Holy Spirit do the same things, yet are not the same Person, and there is only One Infinite Ocean of Essence that is God.

Although the great emphasis of the Old Testament is the unity of God, hints of plurality in the Godhead are not lacking, nor are suggestions that this plurality is a trinity.
More definite indications that this plurality is a trinity are found in the following facts: (1) The Lord is distinguished from the Lord. Gen. 19:24 states, “Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven,” and Hosea 1:7 declares, “I will have compassion on the house of Judah and deliver them by the Lord their God” (cf. Zech. 3:2; 2 Tim. 1:18). (2) The Son is distinguished from the Father. The Son speaking through Isaiah the prophet said, “The Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit” (Isa. 48:16; cf. Ps. 45:6f.; Isa. 63:9f.). Ps. 2:7 reads, “Thou art My Son, today I have begotten Thee.” Jesus is not only called the Son of God (Rom. 1:4), but also the only begotten Son (John 3:16, 18) and his first-born Son (Heb. 1:6). Christ did not become the eternal Son of God at the incarnation; he was the Son before he was given (Isa. 9:6). “His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity” (Mic. 5:2). (3) The Spirit is also distinguished from God. Gen. 1:1 reads, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Then v. 2 states, “The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.” Note also the quotation, “The Lord said, ‘My Spirit shall not strive with man forever’ ” (Gen. 6:3; cf. Num. 27:18; Ps. 51:11; Isa. 40:13; Hag. 2:4f.). (4) Other such matters as the triple use of “holy” in Isa. 6:3 may imply a trinity (cf. Rev. 4:8), as well as the triple benediction of Num. 6:24–26.

Thiessen, H. C., & Doerksen, V. D. (1979). Lectures in systematic theology (pp. 90–98). William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

Only the posting limit stopped me from posting a LOT more, pages of proof the Holy Trinity is taught in Scripture. When you see how each Divine Person acts and speaks, you realize the Bible IMPLIES the Holy Trinity with a hint of hesitation or rebuke.

I don't understand why so many "reinvent the wheel". The Church has been blessed with Teachers like Thiessen, Berkhof, Shedd, the list is long who explain these complex subjects and show the proofs of it in scripture, very well.

When I became a Christian, this described me:

45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,
46 "who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
(Matt. 13:45-46 NKJ)

Go the nearest Christian Book store, or shop online. There be treasure there.
The Lord said unto the Lord, because the Lord is one Lord.

Also when He sat on the right hand, it was on the same throne of God and of the Lamb.

Luke 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

If you are asking about being begotten that day, it was for belief for men to be in the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ of course always was in heaven.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

(7) Jesus is called God several times in the New Testament. John 1:1 is very emphatic in the original. It reads as follows, “And the Word was God.” The absence of the article before theos indicates that “God” is in the predicate position. It is not a question as to who God is, but as to who the Logos is. He is not only the only begotten Son, but also the only begotten God (John 1:18). Thomas addressed Christ, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Titus 2:13 refers to “our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.” God said to the Son, “Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom” (Heb. 1:8). Peter writes of “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (2 Pet. 1:1). 1 John 5:20 reads, “in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life” (cf. also Rom. 9:5).
Jesus is the Son who is also called the everlasting Father.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

No difference in the only begotten Son and the begotten God, because the lover of Christ ( begotten of the dead for us) is us being filled with the fulness of God. ( of HIs fulness have we all received and grace for grace/grace and truth came by Jesus Christ who is Lord of ALL..)

John 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

f. Certain relations proving his deity. The Father and he are put side by side with each other and with the Holy Spirit in the baptismal formula (Matt. 28:19;
The way you are presenting is by not even reading/regarding the words you are quoting.

Look at Matthew 28, of course all power is given to Jesus Christ, nobody else, in heave and earth, the One Lord, the One Spirit, who we know has the name of the everlasting Father, who is the Son begotten of the dead, the Holy Spirit. ( Jesus Christ sent down from heaven for us/which is Jesus Christ, no other NAME saves us.)

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

. Whatever the Father has, belongs also to Christ (John 16:15; 17:10). The Christian sustains the same relationship to the Father as he does to the Son (Eph. 5:5; Rev. 20:6).
What belonged to the Father, now was the Sons.

This is BECAUSE, all was specifically created by the Son Jesus Christ, and He created all for HIMSELF. ( all the fulness of God wells in the Son.)

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

h. Christ’s own consciousness and claims as proofs of his deity. At the age of twelve he recognized the peculiar claims of his Father (Luke 2:49), at his baptism he was assured of his special sonship (Matt. 3:17), in the Sermon on the Mount he set himself over against the ancients (Matt. 5:21f., 27f., 33–36), when he sent forth the disciples he gave them power to perform miracles (Matt. 10:1, 8; Luke 10:9, 19), he asserted his pre-existence (John 8:58; 17:5), he requested that prayer be offered in his name (John 16:23f.), he claimed that he and the Father were one (John 10:30; 14:9; 17:11), and he claimed that he was the Son of God (John 10:36). Logic seems to demand that he either is what he knew himself to be and what he claimed to be, or that he is unfit to be recognized at all.
On earth we knew Him after the flesh ( Son) now we no longer know Him after the flesh. ( God of all/the Spirit of Christ that is in all)

It may be a mystery of godliness, but I can answer it on the spot for you, regarding your doctrine you have decided to teach on the forum, while I am here for a while.

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

instead of you guys thinking you should teach your own doctrinal beliefs, or this is created on p0urpose just to have discussion on the forum, it has to be either all agreed to, or cast out as heresy immediately.

If not, I have said all along, this forum only supports strife, debate, contention, disputes, as testified for the ending times now.

I m happy to see if people think this is a necessity for faith in the rising of Jesus Christ from the dead, ( which is what saves us) or this is divisional only, which is not at all for faith.

The scripture below shows God rising, but Christ already could not be held in death. ( it answers the strife contenders already)

It may be a mystery, but it does not let division have any place, it is easily stopped by knowing the words Jesus Christ shoswed us to believe in rising from the dead, so we also rise with Him from the death of no faith in righteousness.

John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I will answer all of this trinity talk, if more carries on, because those who believe in divisions believe they somehow have God on their side too.

There are no divisions in Christ, He is the Spirit, called the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.

Of course those who try to bring a divided sect, will bring strife, they prove they cannot bring Christ ( undivided) with them, because He is the opposite to what they show they bring. ( He is the one Lord, Lord above all, Lord of all.)

There is no division in God or hypocrisy/foolishness, emptiness, God died for us, God is love, there is no division or separation.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

instead of you guys thinking you should teach your own doctrinal beliefs, or this is created on p0urpose just to have discussion on the forum, it has to be either all agreed to, or cast out as heresy immediately.

If not, I have said all along, this forum only supports strife, debate, contention, disputes, as testified for the ending times now.
That's a bit harsh. Lots of good discussion here.

I will answer all of this trinity talk, if more carries on, because those who believe in divisions believe they somehow have God on their side too.

There are no divisions in Christ, He is the Spirit, called the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.

Of course those who try to bring a divided sect, will bring strife, they prove they cannot bring Christ ( undivided) with them, because He is the opposite to what they show they bring. ( He is the one Lord, Lord above all, Lord of all.)

There is no division in God or hypocrisy/foolishness, emptiness, God died for us, God is love, there is no division or separation.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
What do you believe? Modalism?

That's a bit harsh. Lots of good discussion here.
Truth may be harsh, but it is good when it is true.

Psalm 141:5 Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

We are taught, only by pride comes the contentions...

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

James 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Back