Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Theology of Self Examination, testing to see whether one is "in the faith"

What do you believe? Modalism?
Jesus Christ rising from the dead, the cross. ( read below)

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

If you can show these discussions are not divisional talk, you would show you have belief, ( in the righteousness of Christ rising from the dead.) that you are aware Jesus Christ the Son of man in heaven, needed nobody to ascend into heaven to bring Him down, ( He is there always) nor anyone then to bring Him up from the dead again, He had the power Himself. ( that is God rising Him from the dead/Himself.)

If that bellief/knowledge is not shown to be followed, all that can be spoken is through unbelief in righteousness, and it is only pride and contention, as told for the end times now by everybody, on the forum and the whole world.

I am remaining on this forum only to reveal all God has spoken as fulfilled, if God wants that, but why would God approve of the divisional sects that appear, for no good or honest reason.

If you can show these discussions are not divisional talk, you would show you have belief, ( in the righteousness of Christ rising from the dead.) that you are aware Jesus Christ the Son of man in heaven, needed nobody to ascend into heaven to bring Him down, ( He is there always) nor anyone then to bring Him up from the dead again, He had the power Himself. ( that is God rising Him from the dead/Himself.)
Much you say I agree with. But our LORD Jesus commanded the Holy Trinity be Taught, via Baptism:

19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matt. 28:19-1:1 NKJ)

Its elementary logic, "Name" is singular because there is only One God, but that One God subsists in Three Divine Persons equally, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

In scripture a person's "name" is more than a label. It could be viewed as a "description" of what is named. Therefore, by listing Three Persons equally in the One Name, Christ in effect said God can be described as the Holy Trinity does, One God subsisting equally in Three Divine Persons: Father Son and Holy Spirit.

As Christ taught it, I believe it. If that seems wrong to you, so be it.

19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matt. 28:19-1:1 NKJ)

Its elementary logic, "Name" is singular because there is only One God, but that One God subsists in Three Divine Persons equally, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

In scripture a person's "name" is more than a label. It could be viewed as a "description" of what is named. Therefore, by listing Three Persons equally in the One Name, Christ in effect said God can be described as the Holy Trinity does, One God subsisting equally in Three Divine Persons: Father Son and Holy Spirit.

As Christ taught it, I believe it. If that seems wrong to you, so be it.
Division is not commanded to be taught.

All Jesus commanded was to lay our lives down, ( believing He did) and honouring who is above us, as the Son did to the Father, now our head is Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The name that is living is Jesus Christ, you cant teach taking away from the Son, and not be in debate, dishonouring the Father, so we just believe that we honour the Son EVEN as the Father. ( no divisions, no differences.)

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

We are not saved by your doctrinal beliefs( divided belief) we are saved by another, ( non division) of believing in oneness in Christ. ( which is without strife/debate.) and in the rising from the dead from all of that darkness. ( light is peace, not debate/confusion)

If telling you to stop debate/contention/dispute, strife, is wrong, so be it too, but it is predicted to be chosen by everybody now, also.

I am glad you have little to show for yourself, on this subject, I guess it was already said by those teachers, that rose up. ( which I can answer immediately/easily, even though I never heard their words/ideas before.)

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

There are no divisions in Christ, He is the Spirit, called the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.

Of course those who try to bring a divided sect, will bring strife, they prove they cannot bring Christ ( undivided) with them, because He is the opposite to what they show they bring. ( He is the one Lord, Lord above all, Lord of all.)

There is no division in God or hypocrisy/foolishness, emptiness, God died for us, God is love, there is no division or separation.
Luk 12:51, Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Luk 12:52, For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53, The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

It is an established fact that the doctrines of the Bible divide people along doctrinal lines that are taken up.

Chalk that up to certain people not understanding the true meaning of scripture; but the reality is that people have different views about what the scriptures teach; and in that, they have strong disagreement because they believe that they have the truth of God's word, each and every one. Therefore when someone comes along and tells them that their understanding is not the truth, by and by they are offended. They also are inclined to enter into an argument in order to show that what they believe in is indeed the truth according to holy scripture.

The bible teaching is to all be of the same mind and judgement, nobody who is in divisions has the stability of Christ.

Your words on example of Christianity can only be division and contention, it is not the bible teaching therefore.

Neither will you ever be able to show you are speaking right by showing you are in a divided religion, against somebody who is not. ( me)

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1 Cor 1:10

The words of Jesus exist even when this world does not.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

John 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Why would they sir? Jesus was the first one to be granted immortality. Obviously since he will always exist, his words spoken always will as well.

But it is. The very fabric of scripture implies Trinitarian Truth.

Although it was Edmond P. Gruss' book "Apostles of Denial" that opened my eyes to Bible Teaching, ChatGPT says James White's book is considered one of the best treatments of the truth:

Forgotten Trinity, The Paperback – November 1, 1998​

by James R. White (Author)

Discover Afresh the Living Truth of a Foundational Christian Belief The Trinity is a basic teaching of the Christian faith. It defines God's essence and describes how He relates to us. The Forgotten Trinity is a concise, understandable explanation of what the Trinity is and why it matters. It refutes cultic distortions of God. It shows how a grasp of this significant teaching leads to renewed worship and deeper understanding of what it means to be a Christian. And amid today's emphasis on the renewing work of the Holy Spirit, The Forgotten Trinity is a balanced look at all three persons of the Trin

Jer 10:10 But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting King: at his wrath the earth trembleth, and the nations are not able to abide his indignation.

Mt 16:15 He saith unto them, But who say ye that I am?
Mt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jonah: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father who is in heaven. The Bible.

I take God's word over your worldly sources any day Alfred.

Isa 44:24, Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD (Jehovah) that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Jhn 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2, The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3,
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Jhn 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Division is not commanded to be taught.

All Jesus commanded was to lay our lives down, ( believing He did) and honouring who is above us, as the Son did to the Father, now our head is Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The name that is living is Jesus Christ, you cant teach taking away from the Son, and not be in debate, dishonouring the Father, so we just believe that we honour the Son EVEN as the Father. ( no divisions, no differences.)

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
Not division, multiplication:

1x1x1=1

Father Son Holy Spirit equally in One Name
Father Son Holy Spirit = One God

Orthodox Christianity has always held to the deity of the Holy Spirit. The Council of Constantinople (381) affirmed this doctrine, just as the Council of Nicaea (325) clarified the doctrine of the deity of Christ. These are considered the first two general councils of the church. -Thiessen, H. C., & Doerksen, V. D. (1979). Lectures in systematic theology (p. 97). William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

Last edited:
Jer 10:10 But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting King: at his wrath the earth trembleth, and the nations are not able to abide his indignation.

Mt 16:15 He saith unto them, But who say ye that I am?
Mt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jonah: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father who is in heaven. The Bible.

I take God's word over your worldly sources any day Alfred.
You missed the indications how stupendous Peter's confession was. He must have meant "Thou art...the Son" as something more than Jesus being a son like anyone else who believes in God. Jesus exclaims "Blessed art thou Son of Jonah [the prophet, who figuratively rose from the dead to new life]. That means "Son of God" is "Only begotten Son of the Father", not created. Truly the Father's Son.

This is important, because all must believe Christ is the Son of God for life. If you just think He is a good teacher, or something "sub-god" and not truly God's Son, you will perish in your sins:

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.- (Jn. 3:16-18 NKJ)

Everyone must believe in the Name of His Son, that is everything it implies, to have life:

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. (1 Jn. 5:13 NKJ)

You missed the indications how stupendous Peter's confession was. He must have meant "Thou art...the Son" as something more than Jesus being a son like anyone else who believes in God. Jesus exclaims "Blessed art thou Son of Jonah [the prophet, who figuratively rose from the dead to new life]. That means "Son of God" is "Only begotten Son of the Father", not created. Truly the Father's Son.

This is important, because all must believe Christ is the Son of God for life. If you just think He is a good teacher, or something "sub-god" and not truly God's Son, you will perish in your sins:

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.- (Jn. 3:16-18 NKJ)

Everyone must believe in the Name of His Son, that is everything it implies, to have life:

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. (1 Jn. 5:13 NKJ)
To believe in the name of the Son of God is to believe He is the everlasting Father and the Prince of peace.

God has no other name than Jesus Christ, nor is there another Lord, there is one.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Luk 12:51, Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Luk 12:52, For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53, The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

It is an established fact that the doctrines of the Bible divide people along doctrinal lines that are taken up.

Chalk that up to certain people not understanding the true meaning of scripture; but the reality is that people have different views about what the scriptures teach; and in that, they have strong disagreement because they believe that they have the truth of God's word, each and every one. Therefore when someone comes along and tells them that their understanding is not the truth, by and by they are offended. They also are inclined to enter into an argument in order to show that what they believe in is indeed the truth according to holy scripture.
The scripture you quoted, is not an excuse for you to say the bible causes division.

Christ is not divided, people are.

1 Corinthians 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The mans enemies ( to the faith) are those of his own household. Because the man cannot love his father, or mother, or son, or daughter more than Christ, to be worthy of Him. We also have to take our cross and follow Him to be worthy of Him. We have to lose our life for the sake of Christ, to find it again, to receive the Apostles, is to receive the Son, and to receive the Son is to receive the Father. ( the Apostles, are example of doing all of that, showing the necessity of all Jesus did and commanded, or we cannot be saved. Mark 10:18-30.)

Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Why would they sir? Jesus was the first one to be granted immortality. Obviously since he will always exist, his words spoken always will as well.
Jesus Christ was the first to rise from the dead as a man, He is eternal life, it cant be granted to the one who gives Himself ( eternal life) to us.

There is no eternal life outside of Jesus Christ, eternal life is in Jesus Christ.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Timothy 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Back