Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Theology of Self Examination, testing to see whether one is "in the faith"

Jer 10:10 But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God, and an everlasting King: at his wrath the earth trembleth, and the nations are not able to abide his indignation.

Mt 16:15 He saith unto them, But who say ye that I am?
Mt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jonah: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father who is in heaven. The Bible.

I take God's word over your worldly sources any day Alfred.
That is Jesus Christ who is in heaven.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Not division, multiplication:

1x1x1=1

Father Son Holy Spirit equally in One Name
Father Son Holy Spirit = One God

Orthodox Christianity has always held to the deity of the Holy Spirit. The Council of Constantinople (381) affirmed this doctrine, just as the Council of Nicaea (325) clarified the doctrine of the deity of Christ. These are considered the first two general councils of the church. -Thiessen, H. C., & Doerksen, V. D. (1979). Lectures in systematic theology (p. 97). William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
You are only giving mathematics, multiplications and division at the same time.

Neither is taught in scripture, we are taught to follow all that the Son reveals of the Father, which is nothing to do with any Council of Constantinople. ( divisional doctrine is of this world, not of God.)

Teaching all nations to observe all what Christ has commanded us, was not spoken by Apostle Paul, ( your doctrine of insisting that there are three persons.)

What we see Apostle Paul taught, was oneness.

You have zero to say apart from a divided sect's info, or made up just to cause conflict on the forum, it's day has ended, whether you see it, or you can just see the scriptures that teach against divisional doctrine for a while.

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Philippians 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

This is important, because all must believe Christ is the Son of God for life. If you just think He is a good teacher, or something "sub-god" and not truly God's Son, you will perish in your sins:

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.- (Jn. 3:16-18 NKJ)

Everyone must believe in the Name of His Son, that is everything it implies, to have life:

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. (1 Jn. 5:13 NKJ)
You do read the verses you quote.

The world is saved through Jesus Christ. ( this is God saving the world.)

To believe in the name of the Son of God, is to believe in the name of God, who laid His life ( God's life) down for us.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4: 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

I will say again to this forum, if the owners/moderators, continue to refuse to stop division done as an entertainment in the name of Jesus Christ, it is responsible for liking it to be done. This is exactly what is told to be done for these times, but they are not supposed to ignore every single word that comes their way and somehow pretend they get away with allowing/encouraging discord, where they use the name of Jesus Christ only.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

2 Peter 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

To believe in the name of the Son of God is to believe He is the everlasting Father and the Prince of peace.

God has no other name than Jesus Christ, nor is there another Lord, there is one.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
How do you interpret this?

13 Then Moses asked God, "If I go to the Israelites and say to them: The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me, 'What is His name? ' what should I tell them?"
14 God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you."
15 God also said to Moses, "Say this to the Israelites: Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation. (Exod. 3:13-15 CSB)

I will say again to this forum, if the owners/moderators, continue to refuse to stop division done as an entertainment in the name of Jesus Christ, it is responsible for liking it to be done. This is exactly what is told to be done for these times, but they are not supposed to ignore every single word that comes their way and somehow pretend they get away with allowing/encouraging discord, where they use the name of Jesus Christ only.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

2 Peter 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
Just agree with me 100% and you'll stop division. But if you won't, and want to discuss different beliefs, why do you say the owners of the forum are to be blamed?

They provide the opportunity to discuss different beliefs, which you like.

Yes, that may cause division, but also might result in agreement.

How do you interpret this?

13 Then Moses asked God, "If I go to the Israelites and say to them: The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me, 'What is His name? ' what should I tell them?"
14 God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you."
15 God also said to Moses, "Say this to the Israelites: Yahweh, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation. (Exod. 3:13-15 CSB)
Moses had to ask God, the Son of God does not ask, He knows who He is. ( Jesus Christ is God.)

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

The Bible clearly causes division in our everyday experience.

No divisions, they were all of the same mind we clearly see. ( clearly see, because no man can show otherwise.)

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Yes division has come on this forum with men teaching OTHERWISE for all these YEARS.

But if they do not consent to the wholesome words of Jesus Christ, ( they do not consent when they disagree and show debate, dispute, contentions, and strife as predicted for these ending times.) the doctrine according to godliness, they are proud and know nothing, they only focus on questions and strifes of words, with envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputes of men, destitute of the truth.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Now, gordon777,

I am in the present moments dealing with Calvinists (on another forum) who believe themselves to have the truth of God.

Yet, I believe them to be in error and they also believe that I am in error to reject their theology.

Both of us are going based on what we believe the Bible says.

Why does this division exist?

Now, gordon777,

I am in the present moments dealing with Calvinists (on another forum) who believe themselves to have the truth of God.

Yet, I believe them to be in error and they also believe that I am in error to reject their theology.

Going on all the bible says, is to all be of the same mind and judgement.

Going by not the same mind and judgement, is by believing on some of what the bible says. ( both cases, or Calvinists and non Calvanists too..)

Now, gordon777,

To questions words and strifes of words, never has sense behind it.

1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

If we follow Christ, we become a fool to be wise, we no longer use the wisdom of this world, as God has shown it is foolishness with God, God takes the wise in their own craftiness, and the thoughts of the wise are vain.

1 Corinthians 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Now, gordon777,

You have also proven to me, that I do not need to deal with any other forum, the very same wisdom is practised and believed for all, you have confirmed for me.

Remembering anyone reading, this is their own topic, o examining ourselves if we are in the faith.

Faith to them is division. ( reprobates/morally abandoned, in DEBATE/resisting the truth.)

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Jesus Christ was the first to rise from the dead as a man, He is eternal life, it cant be granted to the one who gives Himself ( eternal life) to us.

There is no eternal life outside of Jesus Christ, eternal life is in Jesus Christ.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Timothy 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Not in, through sir. All who will receive salvation receive it through the sacrifice of Jesus' flesh and blood. Life comes through God only.

Moses had to ask God, the Son of God does not ask, He knows who He is. ( Jesus Christ is God.)

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
Why are the names different?

Not in, through sir. All who will receive salvation receive it through the sacrifice of Jesus' flesh and blood. Life comes through God only.
In Jesus Christs flesh and blood is life, the Spirit is the life in the blood of Christ He gave for us with HIs own blood.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Why are the names different?
It is His new name. ( His servants are called by another/new name/Christians.)

Isaiah 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Back