Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Theology of Self Examination, testing to see whether one is "in the faith"

You are giving a false witnessing.

I already showed you tons of verses to prove that the triune god is a false god.
You haven't given a single one, actually. You've only given verses which show the humanity of Jesus, which I fully agree with. You didn't address the ones I gave which show that he is also deity.

this is why I don't like to discuss addressing you.
Why, because I hold you to account for what you claim is true, just as Christians are supposed to do?

You are a mod, can I put you on ignore?
No.

Your repetitious accusations are becoming.
You still didn't answer my question and only addressed one statement from my response.

Where is that in the Bible?
Jesus says His Father is the only true God and our God.

Do you need the reference?

You don't seem to follow the context of the posts.

that's how you go in a circle, meaningless arguments.

Just because you don't accept what I offered does not mean I did not refute them.

How can I put you on ignore?

Jesus says His Father is the only true God and our God.

Do you need the reference?

You don't seem to follow the context of the posts.
That is you, not I. The very question you are addressing was in response to your statement: “In the organizational Christian world, it is impossible to do the will of God.”

That has nothing to do with the Trinity, which isn’t the topic of this discussion.

that's how you go in a circle, meaningless arguments.
And yet you have not tried to address my arguments and show where the problems are or what makes them meaningless.

Just because you don't accept what I offered does not mean I did not refute them.
You simply posted verses taken out of context, which doesn’t refute anything. You didn’t even actually address my arguments. Even atheists can post verses, but it doesn’t mean they understand them.

But, again, the Trinity isn’t the topic of this thread.

How can I put you on ignore?
I don’t think you can, but if you’re going to post against the Trinity, then it’s probably for the better.

That is you, not I. The very question you are addressing was in response to your statement: “In the organizational Christian world, it is impossible to do the will of God.”
Yes, it is because their core belief is against Jesus' own word.

Do I have to show what the Bible says again?

Yes, it is because their core belief is against Jesus' own word.
There are a number of core beliefs for true followers of Christ, among which is that Jesus is God, the preincarnate Word, not the Father, in human flesh.

Do I have to show what the Bible says again?
If you want to, but in the thread on the Trinity.

Jesus says to be perfect. How can you be in the churches that disregard Jesus' commandment of His Father is the only true God?

It is simple and clear, yet the churches won't take heed of His word.

the world believes God is triune which is so unbiblical.

I know you won't believe anything I have to say but it is clearly written in the Bible.
You liked my post on Yahweh's Name, but didn't realize I believe in Yahweh Father Son and Holy Spirit---that Jesus is Yahweh the Son, just as it is written Isaiah "saw King Yahweh (Jesus') glory"

37 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him,
38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?"
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
41 These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him. (Jn. 12:37-41 NKJ)

So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD (03068 יְהֹוָה Yahweh) of hosts." (Isa. 6:5 NKJ)

Here Yahweh the Son on earth rains fire upon Sodom from Yahweh the Father in heaven:

Then the LORD (03068 יְהֹוָה Yahweh) rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD (03068 יְהֹוָה Yahweh)out of the heavens. (Gen. 19:24 NKJ)

I believe Jesus is the True God and Eternal Life:

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. (1 Jn. 5:20 NKJ)

That Thomas was correct to confess Jesus as "my Lord and my God" and Jesus did not rebuke him. In fact, John purposely puts this confession at the end of His gospel so we many believe "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God" so we have life in the name of Yahweh God the Son. You cannot be the "only begotten Son of the Father" and be "sub-god" just as we don't beget "sub-humans":

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
29 Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book;
31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. (Jn. 20:28-21:1 NKJ)

I asked Gordon777 why God's name is different in the OT, because he denies the Father and the Holy Spirit and believes Jesus only exists, modalism.

Arius was just as wrong about God. The Holy Trinity was so important to Jesus He commanded the church be baptized in the Holy Name of the Trinity, that there is One God subsisting in three Persons:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Matt. 28:19 NKJ)

Here Yahweh God says "they will look upon Me whom they pierced":

1 The burden of the word of the LORD (03068 יְהֹוָה Yahweh) against Israel. Thus says the LORD (03068 יְהֹוָה Yahweh), who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:
2 "Behold...
"And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. (Zech. 12:10 NKJ)

Because Jesus and the Father are equally God, albeit He is the Son of the Father and NOT the Father as Gordon777 believes, Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega who is to come:

7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:7-8 NKJ)

Just as the apostle John says, Jesus is God the Word, who created all things:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (Jn. 1:1-3 NKJ)

Jesus is "the Word of God", that is Jesus "verbalizes" God's thought, brings it into "concrete existence", and all things "consist-cohere-have their being" "in Him" by His power as God the Son:

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (Col. 1:16-17 NKJ)

4 Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's name, If you know?
5 Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. (Prov. 30:4-5 NKJ)

Last edited:
My bad. I did not know you are a triune god worshipper.

carry on.

Incorrect. I worship One Infinite Ocean of Essence that is God, subsisting in Three Divine Persons equally, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

I once believed like you, but its impossible Jesus is not Yahweh the Son if you truly believe the Bible is the Word of God.

In post #153 I cited the scriptures proving this.

It is not wise to ignore them.

10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
11 "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. (Jn. 14:10-11 NKJ)

He said it was “the great and first commandment.”
Since you dont know I will show you what Jesus says:

The Greatest Commandment

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[

Mark 12:29.

The Greatest Commandment

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[

For your interpretation to be irrefutable, "one" in the cited text must be a "singular one", not a "compound one"

4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one (0259 אֶחָד 'echad)! (Deut. 6:4 NKJ)

. But the OT uses a Hebrew word 'echad that denotes a "compound unity" as we see in this text:

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one (0259 אֶחָד 'echad) flesh. (Gen. 2:24 NKJ)

Therefore, Mark does nothing for Arianism.

I know, been there, done that. Arianism can't explain so many texts, it clearly misses the mark.

Be like "Sherlock Holmes", don't ignore details, the truth of scripture is revealed when all the details are given their proper due. Then the real picture emerges like a picture puzzle is clearly seen, when all the pieces properly assembled.

The Greatest Commandment

You didn't ask what the greatest commandment was, you asked, "What Did Jesus say about the most important commandment?" Two different questions.

Okay, so what about it? What do you think it proves?

For your interpretation to be irrefutable, "one" in the cited text must be a "singular one", not a "compound one"

4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one (0259 אֶחָד 'echad)! (Deut. 6:4 NKJ)

. But the OT uses a Hebrew word 'echad that denotes a "compound unity" as we see in this text:

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one (0259 אֶחָד 'echad) flesh. (Gen. 2:24 NKJ)
Just a bit of a correction: 'echad doesn't denote a compound unity, but it can. It simply means "one" and is the equivalent of the English "one." What it does do is leave the door open for God to be triune.

Of course, it also should be said that Deut 6:4 is a statement of monotheism only and says nothing about the actual nature of God.

Just a bit of a correction: 'echad doesn't denote a compound unity, but it can. It simply means "one" and is the equivalent of the English "one." What it does do is leave the door open for God to be triune.

Of course, it also should be said that Deut 6:4 is a statement of monotheism only and says nothing about the actual nature of God.
Incorrect. In Genesis 2:4 its a compound unity, two distinct persons are in the "one" flesh:

As the Word of God reveals God, and Yahweh is the name by which God enters into the sphere of the creature to be known, I consider its Jesus who speaks as Yahweh in the OT most of the time.

So its Jesus who is saying "Hear O Israel"....therefore, just as "us" "our" in Genesis 1:25-26 implies the Holy Trinity, so does "one" in Dt. 6:4.

To me.

Don't care how modern scholarship understands it. They don't consider the context of the Triune God. I think their hermeneutics is flawed, they interpret a priori the "Holy Trinity" was unknown in the OT. Its a bias I don't share.

Last edited:
Incorrect. In Genesis 2:4 its a compound unity, two distinct persons are in the "one" flesh:

No, I am right. In that specific context it is a compound unity, but it is not always a compound unity and does not automatically refer to one. What I have said comes from Dr. Michael Brown who is a Jewish Christian and his doctorate is in the Semitic languages. He is a relevant expert.

Therefore, Mark does nothing for Arianism.

I know, been there, done that. Arianism can't explain so many texts, it clearly misses the mark.

Be like "Sherlock Holmes", don't ignore details, the truth of scripture is revealed when all the details are given their proper due. Then the real picture emerges like a picture puzzle is clearly seen, when all the pieces properly assembled.
It seems you are making a simple commandment complicated.

You are correcting Jesus.

I don't go in your direction.

good day.

Back