Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"The Word of Faith"

:biglol jenn well you cant be her, sorry you are a male. ok then. man we(jenn and i) had this debate a hundred times here and over the phone and on fb. never really agreing on it.

but that aside.

ok i like kp yohanlon of gospel for asia. he believes in praying for the sick and healing occur if god wants to. believes that god provides so that you can bless others. but nothing of the $$$ types. moving on then?

acts 3 i believe is where peter says 'gold and silver have i none but what i have giveth thee, arise and pick up thy cot and walk" do you believe that is for all believers if they are filled with the holy ghost?

i have read much about it! and have you ever heard of the 2nd outpouring there?

a "grace" "Finished Work" preacher came and preached after the first outpouring
The 2nd move of God was greater than the first!:)
no. oddly pastor didnt mention that. he preaches that we need to have a fresh experiential faith with god. meaning that we shouldnt rely on past miracles and wonders but seem them today and now.

no. oddly pastor didnt mention that. he preaches that we need to have a fresh experiential faith with god. meaning that we shouldnt rely on past miracles and wonders but seem them today and now.
I want to share this scripture with you? and give you my assurance (for what it is worth to you) that if you will trust the Holy Spirit to teach you? He will do it! and He may use a "pastor" or "teacher for a season? But the Lord wants us to learn from Him apart from men, more often than not:yes

1Jn 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

ok to clarify. god works with me a bit differently then some here. not that i cant get fruity. at present my mind is stuck into the jewish thinking that was and is in the bible. it makes sense.

but well i can ask my pastor on that as he is well "proven" no offence to you that he is real and well did this.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tc...olton-james-higgins&pid=146171157#fbLoggedOut

this boy just got saved 4 days before his death. i know him and his mother both were lost and i used to pray for him. lets say i dated her and she was well promiscous and later repented. anyway pastor had an alter call and said to the church one of you may die this week . no is the time to repent. he didnt know who but colton did come forward to repent and he died four days later.

75 souls repented when the service was done.

there is some ancient jewish stories on things that seem to be like charismatics today.ie healings and manipulating reality at the speaking of the words.

Well i know we all have held different veiws from time to time! Those that" Truly Know Him" may have different veiws on scripture, but HE is the object of their hearts! "To know Him" is the great call! Now if one say they "know Him" they should know His Power? they should know Him in a "simple faith"?

Col 2:6

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
Col 2:7

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Col 2:8

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. :shame
Col 2:9

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

John didn't say they would know His power he said they would walk as He walked.

ok to clarify. god works with me a bit differently then some here. not that i cant get fruity. at present my mind is stuck into the jewish thinking that was and is in the bible. it makes sense.

but well i can ask my pastor on that as he is well "proven" no offence to you that he is real and well did this.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tc...olton-james-higgins&pid=146171157#fbLoggedOut

this boy just got saved 4 days before his death. i know him and his mother both were lost and i used to pray for him. lets say i dated her and she was well promiscous and later repented. anyway pastor had an alter call and said to the church one of you may die this week . no is the time to repent. he didnt know who but colton did come forward to repent and he died four days later.

75 souls repented when the service was done.

there is some ancient jewish stories on things that seem to be like charismatics today.ie healings and manipulating reality at the speaking of the words.

The book is true! "these signs will follow them that believe" and greater works will they do in my Name! as a matter of fact i do not consider that one "truly Knows Him" unless they have real power as the bible describes. :chin

The book is true! "these signs will follow them that believe" and greater works will they do in my Name! as a matter of fact i do not consider that one "truly Knows Him" unless they have real power as the bible describes. :chin
yes but well he is a bit different in how he teaches the word of faith, but i would like to know where and what you stand on the wof.

yes but well he is a bit different in how he teaches the word of faith, but i would like to know where and what you stand on the wof.

I would link my doctrine to EW Kenyon, K Haggin sr. Andrew wommack. not sure if you have heard of them? They are very well known and easy to gather info on the webb.

But basically We are Conformed to the "IMAGE" of Christ by faith in His Word.

Including all the power over satan in this world. As Jesus walked in this world by faith-so should we!:yes

I would link my doctrine to EW Kenyon, K Haggin sr. Andrew wommack. not sure if you have heard of them? They are very well known and easy to gather info on the webb.

But basically We are Conformed to the "IMAGE" of Christ by faith in His Word.

Including all the power over satan in this world. As Jesus walked in this world by faith-so should we!:yes
actually jesus didnt walk by faith. he never doubted. he prayed yes but when god wanted him to move he had and him only has the power to heal and forgive.

remember if we are to speak healings like you just say then we can also condemn and forgive. they go hand in hand. yet peter nor paul did such things.

John didn't say they would know His power he said they would walk as He walked.

Mar 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

not sure what you are saying? but the Word of God is clear!
We who believe are to have real power!

uh jesus raised men from the dead. i mean dead dead where no flesh would be on the bones likely.

i would have to dig into when lazarus died and what the temperature was. in my state if its above 70, a human body will decompose to a skeleton in a week

lazarus was dead three days. more then enough to make the flesh rot off and not be some easy medical explanation.

actually jesus didnt walk by faith. he never doubted. he prayed yes but when god wanted him to move he had and him only has the power to heal and forgive.

remember if we are to speak healings like you just say then we can also condemn and forgive. they go hand in hand. yet peter nor paul did such things.
I dont claim anything as being from me! but by the power of His Grace!

Gal 3:5

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

many scriptures provide that a "true believer" in Christ works miracles!:clap

I dont claim anything as being from me! but by the power of His Grace!

Gal 3:5

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

many scriptures provide that a "true believer" in Christ works miracles!:clap

i know that but has any of thes wof types raised the dead like jesus?

Mar 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

not sure what you are saying? but the Word of God is clear!
We who believe are to have real power!

Not sure what you're getting at here. This is talking about the Apsotles ministry.

Not sure what you're getting at here. This is talking about the Apsotles ministry.
Thats funny? we have millions of believers that operate daily in these things! If you have scripture that makes the term "believers" mean "apostles" maybe you have a bible that none of us have?:shocked!

I wonder if thes guys (WoF) have empty hospitials in their areas..
Good question? a group led by a man named John G Lake emptied nearly all the hospitals in his area of ministry in Wash. state.. look it up!

I know you can at least believe this scripture?
Jas 5:14

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jas 5:15

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

I did and well read more..... Odd he turned down a ton of money Which makes me doubt these WOF guys today even more....

I have not read "name it and claim it" nor have i read of divorce and remarige... But i will read some more ...

Have to go back to 1920 era to find some one, no faith today?

Mitspa, i dont beat around the bush these WoF guys/gals literally turn my stomach. The first one i met was A.A. Allen he was no good....

Back