Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"The Word of Faith"

Butch do you partake Communion?

Yes, I do. And I realize that Jesus said that to the apostles. The point is not about the Great Commission, it's about the signs following. Jesus said those who believed the apostles teaching would experience the signs. He didn't say every single Christian would who ever believed would experience the signs, that's shown by Marks statement the Lord went with "Them" confirming the word. Mark didn't say anything about the Lord going with every Christian who preaches the gospel and giving sings and wonders, he said the Lord went with "Them" (the eleven) confirimg the word with signs and wonders.

i have believing freinds in washington state. that would be something they would know about. one of them is from there but now lives in michigan.
Hello Jason! you can look it up on the web? use John G Lake" healing rooms" i am sure they will be some sites that attempt to cast doubt on his ministry? look at those also and see what lines up with the Word of God?:study

I'm not a legalist or a Calvinist nor do I even attend any particular Church other than the assembling with my friends as we study scripture by the leading of the Holy Spirit teaching us all things we need to know. I'm just a simplistic Spiritually renewed child of God filled with His power and authority given to me by His grace for I can not do anything of myself, but can do all things by the Holy Spirit that works in me and through me for the timing and purpose of the ministry of Christ. I've never raised the dead for why would I if they died in Christ and are now asleep until His glorious return. I have through the power of God in me healed the sick and have cast out demons, but on mine own power there is none, but only the power and authority that is God can I do all things I am called to do.

Jesus said greater works will we do and this means that in Christ time here on earth he was, but one, and now there are many that are one in Christ that have taken up their cross to follow in the footsteps of Jesus as they have received Gods power and authority to continue in that which Jesus began and left for us to continue in. I can not save anyone, heal anyone, cast out demons, but it is Christ in me that uses me as His vessel that can do all things to testify of His mercy and grace.
Thank you for your post! and i continue to believe "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE" to "Him" who believes! i have but a mustard seed, but i have planted it in His garden! :chin

Yes, I do. And I realize that Jesus said that to the apostles. The point is not about the Great Commission, it's about the signs following. Jesus said those who believed the apostles teaching would experience the signs. He didn't say every single Christian would who ever believed would experience the signs, that's shown by Marks statement the Lord went with "Them" confirming the word. Mark didn't say anything about the Lord going with every Christian who preaches the gospel and giving sings and wonders, he said the Lord went with "Them" (the eleven) confirimg the word with signs and wonders.

1Sa 15:23

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Mr butch, in no way can you convince an "honest Christian" to swollow the camel your trying to serve! What are you trying to prove?:pray
Besides that? i could fill up two pages, with scripture that testify of the power a believer has "in Christ"! :study

Hello Jason! you can look it up on the web? use John G Lake" healing rooms" i am sure they will be some sites that attempt to cast doubt on his ministry? look at those also and see what lines up with the Word of God?:study
forgive me on this but i would rather hear it from trustworthy friends. locally we had a pentacostal church do that and well not a peep on these blind that see and lame that walked. that was in a town to the south, surely that would have reached here. sadly most of these wofs are fooled or hucksters. i know some that are sincere and arent healed of anything they ask. one of them was on this forum. i love her to death but she never did get healed of her conditions. it may happen and i hope it does. but most of the time i find that it doesnt. sure god heals, seen it but at times he does allow others to go through. only god decides whom he will heal and whom he wont.

forgive me on this but i would rather hear it from trustworthy friends. locally we had a pentacostal church do that and well not a peep on these blind that see and lame that walked. that was in a town to the south, surely that would have reached here. sadly most of these wofs are fooled or hucksters. i know some that are sincere and arent healed of anything they ask. one of them was on this forum. i love her to death but she never did get healed of her conditions. it may happen and i hope it does. but most of the time i find that it doesnt. sure god heals, seen it but at times he does allow others to go through. only god decides whom he will heal and whom he wont.
Jason? i have tried to be understanding and patient? If you do not want to believe the "Word of God"? Then dont believe it! I really dont care about what others believe?
Now having said that? if you want to ask someone you trust? ok! if you choose to doubt thats ok too!

Jud 1:16 (ISV)

These people are complainers and faultfinders, following their own desires. Their mouths speak arrogant things, and they flatter people in order to take advantage of them.
Jud 1:17

But you, dear friends, must remember the statements and predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:18

They kept telling you, "In the last times mockers will appear, following their own ungodly desires."
Jud 1:19

These are the people who cause divisions. They are worldly, devoid of the Spirit.
Jud 1:20

But you, dear friends, must continue to build yourselves up on your most holy faith. Pray in the Holy Spirit,
Jud 1:21

and remain in God's love as you look for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that brings eternal life.
Jud 1:22

Show mercy to those who have doubts. :pray

Jud 1:23

Save others by snatching them from the fire. To others, show mercy, but with fear, hating even the clothes stained by their sinful lives.

1Sa 15:23

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Mr butch, in no way can you convince an "honest Christian" to swollow the camel your trying to serve! What are you trying to prove?:pray
Besides that? i could fill up two pages, with scripture that testify of the power a believer has "in Christ"! :study

Interesting, you're the one who posted the passage claiming it showed you had power. I guess I could ask what it is you're trying to prove. I'm sure you could fill up two pages the question is can you do it in context? I've seen from your posts that you're quite efficient at proof texting, however, proof texting doens't prove anything.

Interesting, you're the one who posted the passage claiming it showed you had power. I guess I could ask what it is you're trying to prove. I'm sure you could fill up two pages the question is can you do it in context? I've seen from your posts that you're quite efficient at proof texting, however, proof texting doens't prove anything.

My point from the beginning of this Thread is that "ALL" the scriptures are true for those who believe! That "believers" should at "some level" have working by grace through faith the power of God! As is CLEARLY shown in the scriptures.:study

1Co 4:19 (KJV)

But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.

1Co 4:20

For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

2Co 1:20

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Jason? i have tried to be understanding and patient? If you do not want to believe the "Word of God"? Then dont believe it! I really dont care about what others believe?
Now having said that? if you want to ask someone you trust? ok! if you choose to doubt thats ok too!

Jud 1:16 (ISV)

These people are complainers and faultfinders, following their own desires. Their mouths speak arrogant things, and they flatter people in order to take advantage of them.
Jud 1:17

But you, dear friends, must remember the statements and predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:18

They kept telling you, "In the last times mockers will appear, following their own ungodly desires."
Jud 1:19

These are the people who cause divisions. They are worldly, devoid of the Spirit.
Jud 1:20

But you, dear friends, must continue to build yourselves up on your most holy faith. Pray in the Holy Spirit,
Jud 1:21

and remain in God's love as you look for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that brings eternal life.
Jud 1:22

Show mercy to those who have doubts. :pray

Jud 1:23

Save others by snatching them from the fire. To others, show mercy, but with fear, hating even the clothes stained by their sinful lives.
so i shouldnt ask for "proof" man we christians often get faith wrong.

its never been a greek thinking leap of a cliff and hope god is there. but an encounter like moses had with the burning bush then telling others. why do you think isreal died in the wilderness? they saw and knew and refused to want to serve god. they knew it was god. its kinda hard not to notice the glory from moses or the shekinah cloud or the pillar of fire.

that is why. i have heard of false people and liars. so forgive me for wanting to know if its real.

i will ask.

so i shouldnt ask for "proof" man we christians often get faith wrong.

its never been a greek thinking leap of a cliff and hope god is there. but an encounter like moses had with the burning bush then telling others. why do you think isreal died in the wilderness? they saw and knew and refused to want to serve god. they knew it was god. its kinda hard not to notice the glory from moses or the shekinah cloud or the pillar of fire.

that is why. i have heard of false people and liars. so forgive me for wanting to know if its real.

i will ask.
What do you think it means when Jesus says "Believe only"?

Joh 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Joh 12:48

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Heb 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2

For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 11:3

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

i could use scripture after scripture!:eeeekkk
my friend! this being a "Christian" is about FAITH in Christ and His Word!:chin

i can tell you have never debated young earth creationism. theres a tantamount of evidence and peter showed that to be the case. that applies to all of the bible.

god and i mean god talked to my in my mind and i knew it was him when i came to him. i know it was god. is it testable? No but i KNOW that it was god? do all men hear him? yes all do but some ignore.

i can see and reason god without even using the bible simply by logical arguments for a diety then narrow the diety to christ using historical evidence.

example the universe has order.therefore something ordered it?

so which being ordered it?
allah? christ (naming only two)

which of these has history and recordings of verifable witness to the claims each deity made? christ
the gospels have verifed this and jospehus and tacticitus. the laters two are sinners. hmm sounds like an evidence with faith there.

the whole point of miracles is to bring others to christ they arent for the believer though they can bless them. why do you think god did wonders in egypt? he says why. so that WHOLE world may know that there is a GOD in isreal.

it spread and when joshua took jericho they feared because they heard what happened in egypt. hmmm

really? yes it takes faith to believe that but that is by this logical conclusion. reason must involve faith.

it takes faith to be an athiest we cant test the past only see what happened and then decide based on our worldviews.'

i see the earth and its lands and believe in the flood. why? theres evidence of the flood and by faith i know god existed as he talked to me, i felt him and i heard him. therefore his word is true.(its called divine revalation)
yet with your pov i dont find it to be at present. it shouldnt be hard.

now then. if we know that something doesnt order it self, we dont see house build themselves. we dont see roads growing. something has to build them. that takes logic but it goes only so far. that leads to ask which is real? that leads if one is honest to god. he reveals himself to us all and does it where we know its him doing.

he gives us proof that he is real.my testimony is of that nature.im changed because he told me he would heal me.

Seems you are as selective with your scriptures as the rest of us...

jason... Lake He turned down a big pay check. How does that fit with todays WoF ??
Not easy to check out somethings that went on 90 years ago....

i can tell you have never debated young earth creationism. theres a tantamount of evidence and peter showed that to be the case. that applies to all of the bible.

god and i mean god talked to my in my mind and i knew it was him when i came to him. i know it was god. is it testable? No but i KNOW that it was god? do all men hear him? yes all do but some ignore.

i can see and reason god without even using the bible simply by logical arguments for a diety then narrow the diety to christ using historical evidence.

example the universe has order.therefore something ordered it?

so which being ordered it?
allah? christ (naming only two)

which of these has history and recordings of verifable witness to the claims each deity made? christ
the gospels have verifed this and jospehus and tacticitus. the laters two are sinners. hmm sounds like an evidence with faith there.

the whole point of miracles is to bring others to christ they arent for the believer though they can bless them. why do you think god did wonders in egypt? he says why. so that WHOLE world may know that there is a GOD in isreal.

it spread and when joshua took jericho they feared because they heard what happened in egypt. hmmm

Look jason! i am not trying to make you unsure of your relationship with Our beloved Christ! It is a "fact" that many now walk in the power of God! by just believing what the Word of God says! Now, you can believe how you like! Its too late to tell me and many others that the Word of God is not true! Why dont you at least attempt a little faith and pray for a few sick folks, According to scripture? You might be amazed at How God honors those that honor His Word!:yes

Joh 5:44

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
Joh 5:45

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
Joh 5:46

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Joh 5:47

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

THere is no harm in checking stuff, preachers,and what they teach out... we should do so...

jason... Lake He turned down a big pay check. How does that fit with todays WoF ??
Not easy to check out somethings that went on 90 years ago....
so he is using dead men to tell me that happens? btw i dont doubt mr. wigglesworth.

bah, kp yohanlon the only pentacostal on the net or radio i trust. he will send men in to asia to their deaths and they do it willingly for the gospel. he is real, he is humble. he has been the radio here and is real.

winsasia.org

man the convictions for not giving from. i know that man is real. no man would say if you are american why not give you have enough? he does say that.

mitspa. washington state has a ton of demonic activities. especially near spokane and also near mt.rainer. i was into the occult when i was stationed there and i gained powers there. seeing auras even better was one of them. that is why i want to know in part.

btw the puritans in america are reported to have casted out demons. the salem witch trials isnt the whole story.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Thanks for all your help ?Reba:clap

1Jn 4:2

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jn 4:4

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. :clap
1Jn 4:5

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. :chin
1Jn 4:6

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. :chin
thought the this might help? The "us" in 4:6 is the "Word" given by the Apostles!:yes

Back