Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Work of God: Terminal Agitation Ending in Silence

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When John wrote to the seven churches, he wrote every word therein to all of us. None of us are in one of the 7 churches and not all the other churches as well. We are advised to listen to EVERY WORD of what the Spirit says to ALL SEVEN churches:

Rev. 2:
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;

How often have you read Rev. 2 & 3 regarding these seven churches and plucked out only and all the good things you wanted to hear and disregarded and applied everything else, all the 'other Words' you didn't like to someone else or some other church that you aren't in? I did that for years, til I heard Matt. 4:4 and Luke 4:4 and by that understood that 'every Word' is for me, personally, even the BAD WORDS that I don't like.

So, if one or two of you managed to see that Mark 4:15 does apply to you, you might sooner or later come to understand that the BAD WORDS of God in Christ are actually directed against Satan and as such are IN YOUR BEHALF, even if the "proximity" of our spiritual adversary, the "spirit of disobedience" is in our own flesh. (yeah, yikes, but whatever, it's just a fact.)

Before I elaborate on some of the more dire aspects of what was written to the churches, I'm going to stop at the presentation in Gal. 4, that AGAIN shows us various reasons God put us into this state. In Gal. 4 Paul defines that God had put us UNDER the "elemental spiritual forces" for a form of training, in essence to learn DOMINATION over these elemental spiritual forces. It seems somewhat reasonable to me that God would do that with His children. For example, one of the things we learn from this is NOT TO LIE about being under those forces, as Paul shows us. By that we get a heavenly reward. One, that we are 'in truth.' And another, we get a gift of being able to SPOT A LIAR every time when they claim it's not the case. See how that works?

When we TRY, quite vainly, to put the "spirit of disobedience" under the LAW, we might learn not to expect a LEGAL or OBEDIENT or FAITHFUL outcome. Understand? That's why Paul got after the Galatians over the law. That's going the wrong direction. The law exposed evil present with us and indwelling sin in our flesh. Those factual states can't be legal or obedient or faithful. It's pointless and futile to claim otherwise.

Gal. 4:
What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate.
2 The heir is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. 3 So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery under the elemental spiritual forces of the world.

You see, there is NO POINT in putting the "elemental spiritual forces" under the law. What will those forces do? Resist! Enslave again! These things, these "elemental spiritual forces" were meant to take us to DEAD END STREET, that we would find GRACE AND MERCY in Jesus Christ by faith.

Once seen, the HEIR divides from the guardian, the trustee:

Gal. 4:

8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods.
9 But now that you know God or rather are known by God how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?

What in the world is Paul discussing here? Putting indwelling sin and evil present UNDER THE LAW is not going to result in a LAWFUL, OBEDIENT or FAITHFUL OUTCOME! It's not even remotely possible. In fact it's a complete waste of time.

When we arrive at the 7 churches, and read of them, we should be paying just as much if not MORE attentions to the DIRE WORDS as the GOOD WORDS.

Let's make the first stop on the faithful witness, Antipas. Pay attentions to "where" he was slain:

Revelation 2:13
I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Really, does it get any plainer? Thou dwellest where Satan's seat is. Yeah. Abundantly clear when we HEAR Mark 4:15, personally applied.

Yes and there is great resistance to this teaching, I know, first hand.

Yes it is up to us to put to death the sinful desires that are aroused in our flesh, by ungodly sights and sounds.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:12-14

Thank God we are not helpless, but have been given all things that pertain to life and godliness.
The Holy Spirit is the answer to victory over these sinful desires that dwell in our flesh, as well as victory over the devil.

I know that when I worship the Lord, and spend time in prayer and the word, I have a desire for the things that I read and meditate on.

A desire for Him... to please Him and be with Him.

Thank God for the cross, by which we have access to the Holy Spirit!

JLB

Nor did I discuss such a thing. All I'm doing is clarifying that sin is something that people do, as well as something the devil does, which is transgression of God's law or commandments.

There is no question about that.

The real question comes to the believer, when they see whether or not their own sin is "of the devil." Then we know a liar from a truth teller. 1 John 3:8.

Every believer who dodges the fact that our own sin is "of the devil" is still under the DOMINATION of that devil, and can not TELL THE TRUTH of the matter. Why? Because the devil can't tell the TRUTH.
Adam's sin was to disobey God, and eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

What makes you think Mark 4:15 didn't apply to Adam as well? What makes you think Romans 11:32 didn't apply to Adam as well? What makes you think Romans 7:7-13, Romans 7:17-21 didn't apply to Adam as well?

Paul tells us the exact state of Adam in 1 Cor. 15:42-46. Sown in weakness, corruption and dishonor in a natural body that is bound for death. THAT was the quite entirely factual state of Adam from DAY 1 of that natural dust body of Adam.

And yes, Mark 4:15 DID happen also to Adam.
The devil was not "in" Adam's flesh, but enticed the woman to eat of the tree, in which the woman gave some to her husband.

Adam was just as surely BOUND with the spirit of disobedience as everyone else.

Romans 11:
32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

I reject any notions that Adam was an exception to the facts above.

Revelation 2:13
I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Really, does it get any plainer? Thou dwellest where Satan's seat is. Yeah. Abundantly clear when we HEAR Mark 4:15, personally applied.

Where is Satan's seat, and where does he dwell?
What does Mark 4:15 have to do with where Satan dwell's?

I don't understand what you mean.

Please explain.

JLB

Yes it is up to us to put to death the sinful desires that are aroused in our flesh, by ungodly sights and sounds.

I also reject any notions that anyone is ever sinless or that anyone does not have evil present with them. Let alone claiming these things don't exist or are legal, obedient or faithful to Jesus Christ. Never happened. Never will.

Romans 7:17-21 are hard line FACTS that are not changing for any person.

Where is Satan's seat, and where does he dwell?
What does Mark 4:15 have to do with where Satan dwell's?

I don't understand what you mean.

That much is obvious. You reject Jesus Words as applicable to you from Mark 4:15, therefore you don't understand where Satan's seat is either. If you did not reject HIS DOCTRINE, and accepted it, personally, you'd see where Satan's seat is INSTANTLY.

There is no question about that.

The real question comes to the believer, when they see whether or not their own sin is "of the devil." Then we know a liar from a truth teller. 1 John 3:8.

What "real question" do you mean?

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
1 John 3:4-9

• He who practices righteousness is righteous...
  • He who sins is of the devil...

The context is practicing, as a lifestyle either sin or righteousness, reveals who the person is serving.

What is the "real question" you are referring to?

JLB

I also reject any notions that anyone is ever sinless or that anyone does not have evil present with them. Let alone claiming these things don't exist or are legal, obedient or faithful to Jesus Christ. Never happened. Never will.

Romans 7:17-21 are hard line FACTS that are not changing for any person.

Here is my quote again:

Where have I said "anyone is ever sinless" or "that anyone does not have evil present with them" ?

• ...it is up to us to put to death the sinful desires that are aroused in our flesh,

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:12-14

• if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
The other choice is listed here as well -
  • if you live according to the flesh you will die;

Thank God we have victory over the sinful desires of our flesh, by the Holy Spirit.

JLB

That much is obvious. You reject Jesus Words as applicable to you from Mark 4:15, therefore you don't understand where Satan's seat is either. If you did not reject HIS DOCTRINE, and accepted it, personally, you'd see where Satan's seat is INSTANTLY.

Where is Satan's seat?
Where does Satan dwell?

The Spirit of Christ dwells in me.

11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Romans 8:11

JLB

Every believer who thinks the sin indwelling their flesh and evil present with them is legal, obedient or faithful, raise your hand. Romans 7:17-21

No? No takers?

How about those who have neither, raise your hand.

No? No takers?

How about those who's sin is NOT of the devil? 1 John 3:8.

These are the easiest facts in scripture to come to grips with and be honest about.

Every believer who thinks the sin indwelling their flesh and evil present with them is legal, obedient or faithful, raise your hand. Romans 7:17-21

No? No takers?

How about those who have neither, raise your hand.

No? No takers?

How about those who's sin is NOT of the devil? 1 John 3:8.

These are the easiest facts in scripture to come to grips with and be honest about.

In the next breath Paul gives us the answer to the sin that dwells in our flesh.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 8:12-13

Which is why we are told: to "put to death" the deeds of the flesh, by the Spirit.

Which is why we are told: not to live according according to the flesh.

Therein the choice for the believer is revealed.

• Live according to the flesh.
or
  • Put to death the deeds of the flesh, and be led by the Spirit.

Did you know we have a choice to serve the desires of the flesh, or serve the desires of the Spirit?

...for it is God who works in you both to will [desire] and to do for His good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

Choosing to yield to the working of God within, that we may fulfill the desires of God's Spirit, is the path to victory.

JLB

In the next breath Paul gives us the answer to the sin that dwells in our flesh.

JLB

IF you are claiming the sin indwelling Paul's flesh was legal, obedient, faithful or non-existing I'd suggest none of that exists in the scriptures.

IF you are claiming the evil present with Paul was legal, obedient, faithful or non-existing I'd suggest none of that exits in the scriptures.

These are the facts Paul leaves us to follow to the truthful conclusions:

Romans 7:
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

The odd part is how readers miss the obvious statements of fact and try to claim the opposite.

As I have followed and studied all that smaller has taught, I can't help but think about my own weaknesses. Where Satan attacks me is two-fold.

1. Mark 4:15 "And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts....One of my favorite books in the Bible for everyday right living is James. I can read about the sinful use of the "tongue", I can dwell & ponder this very important subject, and a couple of hours later, sin with my tongue and not think anything about it. Yep!! Somehow sinning with my tongue didn't come to my mind because it wasn't there....Mark 4:15 happened.

2. 2 Peter 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." What do these false teachers do?....
2 Peter 2:18 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error."

My worst enemy is the "lust of my flesh" which all to often, knows what the Word of God commands but that Word/Command is gone by the time a desire of my flesh is activated....I never realized that Satan's activities are so powerful that he can steal the Word from me so easily.

Smaller, thank you so very much for this thread!!

I can't help but think about my own weaknesses. Where Satan attacks me is two-fold. One of my favorite books in the Bible for everyday right living is James. I can read about the sinful use of the "tongue", I can dwell & ponder this very important subject, and a couple of hours later, sin with my tongue and not think anything about it. Yep!! Somehow sinning with my tongue didn't come to my mind because it wasn't there....Mark 4:15 happened.

Boy do I hear you on that one. I had my first in depth experiences with this matter many long years back in charismania. A lot of their teachings revolve around speaking what you want, believing in faith you have it, NOT saying anything contrary and NOT shooting yourself in the foot with your mouth.

So, I'd try soooo hard to hit all these marks. And the hardest mark to hit was NOT saying anything adverse about others or anything negative. I'd literally have my tongue in severe lockdown mode, considering well before ever opening my mouth. I still have a tendency to purse my lips together from time to time to this day, because I practiced "guarding my tongue" for so many years, not allowing it out of it's cage. Even when my lips are not pursed, my teeth/upper lower jaws make a nice cage as well.

What I discovered in that forray was just how hard that really is. To keep that little thing in check. I could have a great and successful day at it, and then BAM, right out of nowhere some odd setup or circumstance or stray thought would cause something (that would probably be completely inconsequential to others but was HUGE in my own mind) to just blurt out. Even just a word or two, negative or adverse to another.

Eventually I realized that James' statement of fact here is and will remain a fact:

James 3:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

This fact eventually put me in my place. I had to look deeper. The problem was obviously in my mind, literally built in where I could not change it. And yes, that is the case.

Romans 11:32 tells us that God Himself bound all to disobedience. It's a fact. This fact doesn't change after belief. And yes, we all really do have "evil present" with us. It took many years to learn these hard facts. And even longer to unwind me from my lying hypocrisy, trying vainly to deny these were facts. Then, in that lying hypocrisy, I saw how utterly sinful and deceptive indwelling sin and evil present can be to enslave a believer.

From there it became much easier to "HEAR and SEE" the scriptures, because I was no longer LYING and DECEIVING myself. It was a big leg up on the matters. I saw that most if not all the prophets saw the same things above about themselves.

2. 2 Peter 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." What do these false teachers do?....
2 Peter 2:18 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error."

My worst enemy is the "lust of my flesh" which all to often, knows what the Word of God commands but that Word/Command is gone by the time a desire of my flesh is activated....I never realized that Satan's activities are so powerful that he can steal the Word from me so easily.

Smaller, thank you so very much for this thread!!

This particular problem of indwelling sin is beyond any dispute, the most difficult for most men to deal with. We excuse this reality in every way possible, but yes, it is a reality that speaks to everything in this thread. I found, like Job, that the only way I could NOT have a lust problem is not to look. BUT the instant I look, almost invariably, the attacks will come. Call it what you will, it is surely indwelling sin/evil present in action. And knowing this NOW, as I have known for awhile, it is easier to understand and DENY when it happens, because I know it's "NO MORE I" that is doing it. Romans 7:17 & 20.

I'm soooo not interested in being the slave boy of "NO MORE I." "NO MORE I" is in fact Satan in operations.

There have been quite a few basic principles trotted out in this thread. I hope one or 2 readers picked up on them.

The first command of the Bible from God, the first Words He Spoke is "let there be light." Gen. 1:3.

There is God, sowing His Word, LIGHT.

Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119:130
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

We might view Mark 4:15, where the word is sown, as that being a sowing of LIGHT. And conversely, when LIGHT is shed, commanded, what transpires immediately is a "differentiation" between the LIGHT and the darkness. This we also see "immediately" in

Gen. 1:
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Mark 4:15 is basically an elaboration on "first principles" in Gen. 1.

Yes, darkness does try to STEAL or diminish light. Just as light dispels the darkness. There is an inverse working or a conflict working here. It is entirely pointless to deny there is BOTH light and darkness, in physical reality. It is likewise pointless to deny there is light and darkness Spiritual Reality.

There is a natural showing. There is also the Spiritual. The natural is first. The Spiritual, second. In Gen. 1 we are treated to natural sights. In Gen. 2 the sights transition to Spiritual in nature.

In Gen. 3 we have the blowup, or eruption or "revealing" of this conflict. And from that comes forth JUDGMENT.

Pretty much the entirety of the scriptures revolves around these basic first principle subjects found in Gen 1, 2 and 3.

Can we view the reality of Mark 4:15 in the natural, by the natural senses. Spiritually we can look at the natural and see similar reflections, but the natural man won't understand it the same way. They can't. Mark 4:15 is a Spiritual reality. We pretty much have to "feel" our way through the subjects, by the Spirit.

IF it was as easy as some red horned boogey man with a tail, fork, goatee and hoofs on the end of his legs that would be pretty easy to figure out. But you see our "natural man" society has painted that quite phony picture and this is what most have in their minds. A 'natural' understanding sold to them by other blind people. There really isn't a red horned boogeyman with a tail, fork, goatee, and hoofs for feet to see.

What we do get is an exercise of our Spiritual senses to differentiate between good and evil. And evil is personified by Satan and his messengers. We do get to see "their actions" in man in the form of sin, and we even get to hear their words, if we are listening closely. But as to actual physical sight, that is off the table.

And the same can be said for God in Christ. We don't have the pleasure of actually seeing Him with our eyes. But He Is Spiritually discerned, in similar but reverse/inverse functions to the prior paragraph.

I found this an interesting statement in Gen. 3:

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

And why would they HIDE? Because the DARKNESS was in them. Which darkness is repelled by His Light.

When we "hear" Adam and Eve in their post sin state, if we listen closer we will in fact hear the voice of the deceiver speaking from them.

That's WHY God asked where Adam was.

I have been astounded in my own life at how many lies we MUST cover ourselves with little white lies, never exposing the actual TRUTH, always putting on airs, in our daily existence. In my prior business life for example, I often wore my black suit, black wingtips, power ties, the good old solid gold rolex with diamonds on the face, drove my big black loaded SUV to show my authority and power. I had to "drape" myself with all the trappings of s u c c e s s in order to be taken credibly by others. I had to say "the right things." Make "the right moves." Have the "right lawyers." Be able to wade through, master, control, direct and understand veritable mountains of "fine legal print." So many things in my life that I surrounded myself with to "prove" and "exercise" my credibility. In retrospect I was probably a pretty scary and intimidating guy to many people. I didn't feel that way myself, but a lot of people relied on me for their financial life. And most knew I was not messing around. I wasn't.

And I had to deal with soooo many phonies, manipulators, LIARS, thieves, deceivers, irresponsible folk of every sort. Almost daily my life was disrupted by these. I learned to sort through the people flak in about a nanosecond. The higher I climbed on the achievement ladder, the worse the above got. I can smell a brown noser from 10 miles away and a lying thief from 20 miles. My instincts are "sharp." Finely "honed" from long experience.

But the bottom line is that we require so many "drapes" on ourselves in the above. So many. I grew to hate it. And I saw what s u c c e s s did to other people too. It turned them U G L Y. It made them greedy. It made them plotters to get the money of others. IF two people with a lot of money are talking, they are both more than likely trying to figure out how to get the money of the other. That's reality.

God, what a mess this life can really be if we look at things honestly. What others envy, seek and ask from God in the lines above actually makes me personally ILL.

This stripped of phony cloth mindset did however serve me well. All the while I walked the paths of power, I detested it, and saw it for what it was. But put me next to the governor and in a handshake in front of a camera and my smile will shine like the sun and my eyes will sparkle with life.

bleech. I know what those people had to go through to "get there." puke

I have tasted what it is like to live apart from these things.

Psalm 84:10
For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

I actually don't know why God took me to the above, but in retrospect, I saw things I'd probably rather not have seen. I have little respect for power and it's trappings. In fact, the truth is, probably none, other than I pretend that I do.

When it comes to the pulpit, the same trappings don't impress me. The biggest assembly on planet earth with the finest clothed chief actually also makes me ILL because I see differently. The bigger the building, the more the drapings and trappings of power, the deeper the LIES, MANIPULATIONS and DECEPTIONS.

It's a shame really, if people really knew how out of control those at the top really are. God really has put in the basest of men to rule. Sooo base. More vicious than any wild beast.

Give me a person who speaks truth. Now THAT is more precious than GOLD. People in power are never allowed that pleasure. They must LIE and PRETEND to assuage the masses. And yeah, that's really what they do.

What we see on the larger scales, as in the halls of power, is actually a reflection of Mark 4:15.

You see Satan is in the scriptural senses, the "rich man." Satan has the kingdoms of this world. I know this beyond any doubt, because I've seen it up front close and personal.

Luke 4:
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

I'm not going to attribute the entirety of that statement above to be "truthful" but as with any good credible deceiving LIE there has to be some truth to it in order for others to "buy the lie." What Satan IS telling Jesus though is that all Jesus has to d is SIN and it's all His. And, strangely, that is true, even if Satan didn't just outright say it. Satan "masked" the request to sin by saying "worship me." We are supposed to know that's a sin, right?

But in any case Satan IS the capital C captor of spiritually blinded mankind, and AS SUCH he is, yes, a "wealthy man" if we want to define ownership as wealth, regardless of how it is gotten.

In the O.T. this wealth of Satan is shown here. And if you think these are "literal jewels" they are not:

Ezekiel 28:13
Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering,

I could write literal volumes on the studies of precious stones, the Israelites of the O.T., the high priest with the "stones" in his breastplate, and the eventual placement of these "stones" in THE TEMPLE, but the short version is this:

Satan is the 'rich man' in the language of the Spirit, at least as it pertains to this present "wicked age." And Satan IS so because of the power of resistance that THE LAW, the COMMAND BRINGS.

But you see, this is precisely HOW God has planned things.

In the final analysis, that same POWER is meant to bring the REALITY of Satan's workings to the forefront, where everyone will know that Gods Reality, as proposed by the scriptures

IS THE REALITY.

Satan is part of that proof. And it will be played out, exactly in this way:

Romans 3:
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

If you have felt the wickedness of the world amplifying and creeping up on you as of late, you may look to the COLLECTIVE SIGHT that is fast approaching the "world" on this event horizon.

Here is a word of advice. Take your medicine now, and don't rely on LIES, HYPOCRISY and DENIAL, as any of these will be insufficient to provide any COVERING. What the Church, capital C, is to present, is:

EXPOSURE.

And who is exposed first, is of course, meant to be us.

So, here is what happens when we FALL on our Lord. IF you are only listening to PART 1 of the statement below, you are herein advised that BOTH PARTS apply to each of us:

Matthew 21:44
And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

You see, to fall upon Christ is to be broken, DIVIDED from the power of Satan. We are given SIGHT to avoid that bad actor, his works, his ways. But to say we don't have that battle on our hands does make us deceived lying hypocrites. It's a bit of a conundrum, a paradox, to come into understandings of.

When Jesus Brings His Sword, we are divided. But, our enemies face destruction. So, in the above, both sides of that equation DO APPLY to us. Where will the grinding in Matt. 24 above take place? Why, at our own feet:

Romans 16:20
And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

I hope one or two of you are STARTING to get the picture. IF you are still hanging in there with this thread, and only seeing yourself in the equations of scripture, go back to post number 1.

But I suspect that the REALITY CONSTRUCT that God Himself has provided us to understand, from Mark 4:15, is starting to gel in the minds of some, showing that we are engaged with a 3 party system with the scriptures, that being God, ourselves and Satan.

To miss any one of the parties in a single line of scripture will leave the readers BLINDED and STOLEN FROM.

The terminal agitation resulting in silence is actually to transpire IN US.

It is a race to that finish line.

Psalm 31:18
Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Every last one of you that is still blaming and accusing other believers for sins need to look at the real culprit in these equations, and start with yourself. The LIAR is upon our own flesh. The Spirit is against OUR flesh, Gal. 5:17. And yes, the Spirit is adamantly AGAINST NO MORE I that dwells in our own flesh. IF your sight has not yet seen NO MORE I you need to "follow Paul" carrying your own sorry flesh to his conclusion in Romans 7:17 & 20. At that point you might see the LIAR was pretty close to home for you, as in YOUR OWN TEMPLE BODY.

When you are 'divided.' BROKEN from the hold of "NO MORE I" by actually SEEING "NO MORE I" for yourself, upon your own flesh, you'll get it, you'll understand. But to do that requires us to FOLLOW PAUL to that conclusion.

Then such scriptures SPRING into LIFE:

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalm 37:15
Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

Psalm 38:8
I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 147:3
He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

Jeremiah 23:9
Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the Lord, and because of the words of his holiness.

You see, the message to the real Pharaoh, Satan, has never changed:

LET MY PEOPLE GO.

And, Pharaoh, just like flesh pharaoh of old, is HARDENED to RESIST that Command of God in Christ.

And of course we know what happened in the fleshly senses of that account.

But, the reality of that same account, IN THE SPIRIT, has yet to play out:

Ezekiel 29:
3 Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.
4 But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.

Isaiah 27:1
In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

This SLAYING will transpire IN US, at thee end.

Here is the form it will take:

1 Corinthians 15:24
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Philippians 3:21
Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Are you starting to 'get the pictures' yet?

When any believer can't see "no more I" and worse, denies they have "no more I" it is in fact "no more I" that is speaking from them. Romans 7:17 & 20.

Get it? Only believers IN TRUTH are given the gift of DIVISION, of A BROKEN HEART, and of speaking HONESTLY. They are no longer PAWNS because THEY SEE.

These will come to know the HOPE of destruction of 'NO MORE I' that we hope, in this present life, will fall upon us.

If you've managed to read this far and actually saw, you might also see how far, way far, the churches themselves have fallen from these "basic facts" that Paul puts forth.

For example, I've sat in and through literally thousands of sermons at this point in my life. Did I, even ONE TIME, ever hear any teaching on NO MORE I as Paul teaches it in Romans 7:17-21? Never.

Did I ever one time hear that "evil was present with Paul?" Romans 7:21. No, actually never. Believe it or not.

And no I have not, nor would I expect to hear at this point, anyone standing in the pulpit to ever teach about Mark 4:15, how that relates to Paul in 2 Cor. 12:7 and Gal. 5:17 for example, which are ALL intimately related scriptures that speak identically to each others. As do many more, such as Romans 9:18-24 and 2 Tim. 2:20-21 speak identically to these.

Never do believers speak of these things. Ever. I think it speaks to the levels of blindness that has run like a bad infection. But hey, who wants that much truth anyway. We'd all rather blame accuse and potentially condemn each others would we not? And isn't that where the churches REALLY are today?

But you see this was all entirely predicted by Paul long long ago, before he even died. And Paul got this information because he was LED to study these matters out, through the scriptures. Any of us can "follow Paul" to identical conclusions today, believe it or not.

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

I'd honestly have to say Paul understood Mark 4:15 spot on in that statement of fact above.

When we read the LAST ADMONITION of Jesus to the churches in Rev. 3, where does it land?

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

^
see, that's a FACT. IF you learned the lesson of the 'rich man' earlier in this thread, you'll see who is making the false claims. Uh, yeah, it's "no more I."

You see, when we read Jesus' statements to the 7 churches, we all, by our natural flesh nature, take only the good stuff, but we ignore the balance completely. We tend to forget that every Word of God applies to US, Matt. 4:4, Luke 4:4. <- Always keep this FACT in mind.

So, here, when we actually LISTEN to what the Spirit is saying to the churches, is the other side of the ledgers:

-Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
-behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days
-But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
-Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
-Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
-I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The above is 'most' of the bad stuff we tend to chuck out the door as being applicable to "us." It's not. Every Word IS applicable to all of us who believe.

If you are only seeing you and not seeing "NO MORE I" being also addressed, you're going to miss a LOT, such as:

"I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth."

Do you see it better now? There are TWO parties being addressed there, both in one set of shoes. Just like in Mark 4:15.

Even the names of the churches will reflect the reality of Mark 4:15, in order of how Gods Words work, where they are sown.

Gods Words come to us as His permission to hear, Ephesus, meaning permitted. For us that hear His Words are a sweet aroma. Smyrna, meaning, myrrh, a costly perfume. This odor wafts up, into our MINDS, Pergamos meaning height or elevation. And there in our minds, His Word encounters 'the god of this world' who was our BLINDER. To this one Gods Words are "the odor of affliction," Thyatira. That odor of affliction is to the first man, the natural man, the RED ONES, Sardis. To the church of Brotherly Love however, Philadelphia, there is NO REBUKE. So we see the TWO WORKINGS of the Word in these matters, and the final result, Laodicea, justice of the people.

These are a Word Picture of Mark 4:15, in action. I could write at length of some of the dire side fates in relationship to the order of delivery, but sometimes these things are best left to personal joys of investigations.

I do know when I write of these things, our enemies do get quite irritated. Because

GODS LIGHT EXPOSURE IS COMING UPON THEM, and they know their time is short.

So, watch, in your tower.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back