Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really JLB, I don't know where the word DIVIDED comes from.

I don't even know if the Trinity can really be explained.
I agree with jaybo regarding the fact that it may have to be spiritually understood.

Yes, spiritually understood.

However the scriptures use Anthropomorphic Imagery to “explain” the Godhead. (I use Godhead or Elohim instead of Trinity)

Shall I discuss the Anthropomorphic Imagery the scriptures use to describe the Godhead.

JLB

Yes, spiritually understood.

However the scriptures use Anthropomorphic Imagery to “explain” the Godhead. (I use Godhead or Elohim instead of Trinity)

Shall I discuss the Anthropomorphic Imagery the scriptures use to describe the Godhead.

JLB
Yes. I know you don't like to use the word Trinity,,,but this is how it's referred to even in the early days of the church.
Godhead is more biblical since the word Trinity is not in the bible...

Of course anything you add to the discussion is useful.
Actually, all we have to go by is anthropomorphic in nature....
We know ourselves,,,,but we can't really know God Father 100%.

Yes. I know you don't like to use the word Trinity,,,but this is how it's referred to even in the early days of the church.
Godhead is more biblical since the word Trinity is not in the bible...

yes maam.

When some people use the word Trinity, they may not actually know what it means.

But when you and I discuss, I know what you mean

Of course anything you add to the discussion is useful.
Actually, all we have to go by is anthropomorphic in nature....
We know ourselves,,,,but we can't really know God Father 100%.

Amen.

In our limited finite mind we certainlt can not begin to fathom the depths nor "explain" God.

What we can do is discuss what He has chosen to reveal to us in scripture.

With that being said let's start our Anthropomorfic discussion from the beginning... which is not His beginning but the beginning He has chosen to reveal.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Genesis 1:1-2

God here in these beging verses is Elohim. Elohim is plural. So we see in the beginning the Godhead created the heavens and the earth.

We already know from reading elsewhere in scripture that the Son, Jesus is the Word; the expression of the Father's will.

Jesus spoke, [brought forth] the heavens and the earth, according to the will of God the Father.

The Spirit, manifested the Word of the Son, bringing the spiritual into the natural realm; making what is unseen into what is seen.

The Father's will is expressed by the Son's word, and the Word is manifested by the Spirit.

That's the way I understand how the Godhead operates.

JLB

Amen.

In our limited finite mind we certainlt can not begin to fathom the depths nor "explain" God.

What we can do is discuss what He has chosen to reveal to us in scripture.

With that being said let's start our Anthropomorfic discussion from the beginning... which is not His beginning but the beginning He has chosen to reveal.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Genesis 1:1-2

God here in these beging verses is Elohim. Elohim is plural. So we see in the beginning the Godhead created the heavens and the earth.

We already know from reading elsewhere in scripture that the Son, Jesus is the Word; the expression of the Father's will.

Jesus spoke, [brought forth] the heavens and the earth, according to the will of God the Father.

The Spirit, manifested the Word of the Son, bringing the spiritual into the natural realm; making what is unseen into what is seen.

The Father's will is expressed by the Son's word, and the Word is manifested by the Spirit.

That's the way I understand how the Godhead operates.

JLB

Again, Anthropomorphically speaking of the Godhead or Elohim, we see from the beginning that…

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:26-27

So already my first question is —

Q: Was Eve created in the image of God?

A: My answer is undoubtedly yes, of course.

So we see that from the beginning, the Godhead, the Elohim has a female within the “Us… Anthropomorphically speaking of course.

JLB

The article is from the Church of God.
They baptize in the name of Jesus only.
So you call yourself a Trinitarian, but I don't understand why you have such a problem understanding it.
This must be why you have such a confused understanding of God Father. (as compared to Jesus, the Son).

You might want to read the following regarding the Councils....
There's another article that is very good but is very intense, I'll post it if you want to see it and if I can find it.

What I do want to say is that the Trinity was always in the minds of the early Christians...
Putting it into words that would be a confirmation of Christian belief was a different matter, but eventually did come about.

Jesus was always thought to be God.
Thomas declared it.
Jesus was killed for it.
John said so in the first sentence of his gospel.

I'd post some writings of those that were taught by the Apostles, but I fear it would make no difference to you.
Those that lived with Jesus for over 3 years, believed He was God and they also believed the Father was God....2 different "persons" with the same nature. Both God....in one being....God is One.

Again, Anthropomorphically speaking of the Godhead or Elohim, we see from the beginning that…

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:26-27

So already my first question is —

Q: Was Eve created in the image of God?

A: My answer is undoubtedly yes, of course.

So we see that from the beginning, the Godhead, the Elohim has a female within the “Us… Anthropomorphically speaking of course.

JLB
This is a lot to go through.
1:48 am here!
Tomorrow....
'night.

Same with God.

He is ONE BEING..........................."Body"

With a word/logos/reason ...... Jesus
With breath ...................................... Holy Spirit

One being.....3 parts.
We are three also, as you say, and we are in the image of God when all is said and done.

While being body, soul and spirit, we are very simply one person. My flesh is me, my soul is me, and my spirit is me. I am One.

Now you could say my body is not my soul, my soul is not my spirit, and my spirit is not my body, but I am one person and you would be right.

So, Henry Ford was physically present in his factory. He was committed totally to the enterprise, heart and soul, and his spirit moved over all things. One man comprising body, soul and spirit.

OK. You have converted this one man. I surrender.

Do you know the devotional chorus, "I surrender, I surrender all. All to Jesus I surrender, I surrender all?

Jesus is the One God in the flesh, and that is the foundation of my faith.

Last edited:
So you call yourself a Trinitarian, but I don't understand why you have such a problem understanding it.
This must be why you have such a confused understanding of God Father. (as compared to Jesus, the Son).

There's another article that is very good but is very intense, I'll post it if you want to see it and if I can find it.

What I do want to say is that the Trinity was always in the minds of the early Christians...
Putting it into words that would be a confirmation of Christian belief was a different matter, but eventually did come about.

Thomas declared it.
Jesus was killed for it.

I'd post some writings of those that were taught by the Apostles, but I fear it would make no difference to you.
Those that lived with Jesus for over 3 years, believed He was God and they also believed the Father was God....2 different "persons" with the same nature. Both God....in one being....God is One.
They were right about Constantine, and if you believe in Jesus, who then do you believe in, if it isn't the one God, or are you saying all the fullness of God is not in Jesus?

When was it added and why?

There came a rise of much controversy regarding the doctrine of the trinity, yet, though these words would have been most pertinent, early church writers never once used them. Verses six to eight of First John chapter five are quoted by Hesychius, Leo called the Great, and Ambrose among the Latins; and Cyril of Alexandria, Oecumenius, Basil, Gregory of Nazianzus and Nicetus among the Greeks, to name just a few, but the words in question never appear in the quotations. As an example, the anonymous work entitled “Of Rebaptising,” written about A.D. 256, states, “For John teaching us says in his epistle (1 John 5:6, 7, 8) ‘This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ: not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three agree in one.’”2 Even Jerome did not have it in his Bible. A prologue attributed to him that defended the text has been proved to be a false one.

The “comma Johanneum,” as this spurious addition is usually called, first appears in the works of Priscillian, leader of a sect in Spain near the end of the fourth century A.D.3 During the fifth century it was included in a confession of faith presented to Hunneric, king of the Vandals, and it is quoted in the Latin works of Vigilius of Thapsus, in varying forms. It is found in the work entitled “Contra Varimadum” composed between 445 and 450 (A.D.), and Fulgentius, an African bishop, used it a little later.

Until then the “comma” had appeared as an interpretation of the genuine words recorded in the eighth verse, but once it had become established in this way, it next began to be written in as a gloss in the margin of Latin Bible manuscripts. But a marginal gloss can easily be construed as an omission from the genuine text, and so in later manuscripts it is interlined, then finally it became an integral part of the Latin text, though its position in consequence varies, and it is sometimes before the eighth verse and sometimes after it. (Compare John Wesley’s New Testament where the seventh verse follows the eighth.)

Thomas declared it.
Jesus was killed for it.

Nobody is denying the Trinity, heaven forbid. The article you posted confirms that the Churches have adopted Constantine's religion, an atheist with a motive, even to the present day. So, it remains that the One God is divided into three persons, each person being separate from the other, giving us three gods despite the Son saying "I and the Father are ONE. To which you will reply, they are as one in agreement.

Highway54
Rose of Sharon
Blazin Bones
Diaconeo
Randy
Vinny37
Niblo
BB1956
theWind

How many divine persons are in the “one”?

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

JLB
Jesus stated "whose" Deity was living in Him. No guess work or assumption required.
Jesus=> Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Jesus stated "who" gave Him the glory of "oneness" and its the "same" manner for Jesus and those in Christ. Same in regard to "oneness" not "fullness of the Godhead"
John 17
22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.

The Son who was before the world began.
From the One Jesus calls His God and Father.
From the will of another.
Col 1:19
Because in Him it did please all the fullness to dwell
Col 1:20
And by Him to reconcile all things to "Himself" having made peace by the blood of the cross of Him through Him whether the things of the earth or the things in the heavens.
Greatly Implied by the will of the Father As in God was pleased or the Father was pleased

By that glory of oneness in gifting the fullness of Deity to dwell or live in the Son Jesus is the very imprint of Gods being. And He and the Father are One.
One Deity as stated. Two persons as Stated -One God the Father; One Lord Jesus Christ
The Father
The fullness of Father/Deity living in the Son
The very Spirit of the Father/God

The Spirit does NOT speak on His own but ONLY what He hears.
John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

It was written - not presumed. 1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
For Whom we live=>Rev 1:16 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father

Jesus is ALL that the Father is. (God)
Hebrews 1:3 How? Col:1:19
He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

There came a rise of much controversy regarding the doctrine of the trinity, yet, though these words would have been most pertinent, early church writers never once used them. Verses six to eight of First John chapter five are quoted by Hesychius, Leo called the Great, and Ambrose among the Latins; and Cyril of Alexandria, Oecumenius, Basil, Gregory of Nazianzus and Nicetus among the Greeks, to name just a few, but the words in question never appear in the quotations. As an example, the anonymous work entitled “Of Rebaptising,” written about A.D. 256, states, “For John teaching us says in his epistle (1 John 5:6, 7, 8) ‘This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ: not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three agree in one.’”2 Even Jerome did not have it in his Bible. A prologue attributed to him that defended the text has been proved to be a false one.

The “comma Johanneum,” as this spurious addition is usually called, first appears in the works of Priscillian, leader of a sect in Spain near the end of the fourth century A.D.3 During the fifth century it was included in a confession of faith presented to Hunneric, king of the Vandals, and it is quoted in the Latin works of Vigilius of Thapsus, in varying forms. It is found in the work entitled “Contra Varimadum” composed between 445 and 450 (A.D.), and Fulgentius, an African bishop, used it a little later.

Until then the “comma” had appeared as an interpretation of the genuine words recorded in the eighth verse, but once it had become established in this way, it next began to be written in as a gloss in the margin of Latin Bible manuscripts. But a marginal gloss can easily be construed as an omission from the genuine text, and so in later manuscripts it is interlined, then finally it became an integral part of the Latin text, though its position in consequence varies, and it is sometimes before the eighth verse and sometimes after it. (Compare John Wesley’s New Testament where the seventh verse follows the eighth.)
Verse 7 simply notes there are three.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Christ is the embodiment of the Godhead. Why do people try to divide God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back