Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think like you, and indeed the scripture you posted confirms that the Father, Word and Holy Spirit are indeed one.

Next question if I may, also from John chapter 1, may I ask by what earthly name we know the Word? The angel said it to Mary.
Jesus has many titles but He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
Revelation 19:13 -The word of God.
1 John 1-3
The Word of life- They have seen, heard and touched so Jesus is still being "called" or refered to the word of life.
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life.
I see the word of the Father.
John 17
I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me

Hebrews 1
In these last days God has spoken to us by His Son.
God created the creation through the Son.
God appointed that Son heir of all things.
The name that Son inherited is superior to the angels of God
That Son is all that the Father is

Why the need to appoint, as to inherit? I know
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

The God of all states to His Son
To which of the angels did God ever say,
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet”

So whatever you choose to believe in regard to that Son He is NOT the Father.

I would state to you the Son who was, (His spirit), was in that body.

From the writer of Hebrews.
Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said,
“Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
but a body have you prepared for me;
6 in burnt offerings and sin offerings
you have taken no pleasure.
7 Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come to do your will, O God,
as it is written of me in the scroll of the book.’”

I need to read up on Daniel 7:13. It says 'like' the Son of Man.
Jesus identified Himself as the fulfillment of that prophecy.
As I read:
Mark 14
Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 61But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.

Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62“I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:14

You are mixing together His role as the Lord God of Israel, the creator of the heavens and earth, with Him becoming flesh; a Man, a little lower than the angels.

You must rightly divide these roles He operated in.

JLB
Did he have to grow from a child to a man?

The Son is NOT the Father, the Father is NOT the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is NOT the Son.

Three distinct persons, with each person being God is polytheism.
Hi coop, I been trying to see the full discussion but not sure yet what is being argued.
Hopefully you can brief me.

In my mind the best analogy I have is of
the use of h20

It can be manifested as water, ice,snow,hell,steam etc depending on what atmosphere it's in.

yet the components-essence are still same.

While the water in my toilet I would not use for drinking, even the dog does sneak to drink from it 🙃, is the same water coming out of my faucet. It is the same because of the components different because of what it's being used for.

As God is Spirit
It seems like in different spaces He uses His power differently but for the same overall goal.

Let me know what you 🤔 think

Is steam ice,
Is ice water,
Is water snow,

Last edited:
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:14
Which as they stated was the Father. The Same for Jesus. When He refers to God its His Father He is speaking Of.

It is from God as we read about the "Fathers" promise.
Acts 2
“‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.

and as we read
Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear

It is sent through Jesus and in His name.
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

matt: 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

So again we know what Jesus has given is from God or who He received from.

Hi coop, I been trying to see the full discussion but not sure yet what is being argued.

the use of h20

It can be manifested as water, ice,snow,hell,steam etc depending on what atmosphere it's in.

While the water in my toilet I would not use for drinking, even the dog does sneak to drink from it 🙃, is the same water coming out of my faucet. It is the same because of the components different because of what it's being used for.

As God is Spirit
It seems like in different spaces He uses His power differently but for the same overall goal.

Is steam ice,
Is ice water,
Is water snow,
No, In Him it did please "the Fullness" to dwell in Him. Jesus is "ALL" that the Father is . The imprint of Gods very being.
All the fullness of the deity lives in Jesus. If you see water you don't see steam or ice but if you see the Son you have seen the one living in Him doing His work. Who Jesus identified as the Father.
I think the Father is living in Jesus and He and the Father are ONE.
John 17
I think that glory of "oneness" was given to Him by His Father.
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The Spirit of the One who sent Him was on Him - The Spirit of your heavenly Father. The Fathers Spirit would have the Fathers nature. Deity, Eternal, Holy, Truth, The Spirit of God

What Jesus read from the scroll of Isaiah

The Year of the LORD’s Favor​

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,

Matt 10
“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Jesus speaks of that Spirit as another. The Father does NOT.

So clearly, the one living in Jesus, the Father, and the Fathers Spirit are the one and same DEITY.

Did he have to grow from a child to a man?

As God, the Son of God who created the heavens and the earth, No He was and is fully God; God the Son.

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Hebrews 1:8-10

JLB

the use of h20

As God is Spirit

Is steam ice,
Is ice water,
Is water snow,
Hi there, in brief people are saying, rainwater from the sky, is not the water in your tap, is not the water in your toilet. In this way one water is not the other water. To my mind water is water, whatever the appearance, taste, location, or time of its appearing, likewise for the one omnipresent God. But they say one is not the other. I did not know we had three gods with each one NOT being the other. To my mind, that is polytheism.

My love to your dog, mine is half springer spaniel and half poodle, and despite it being two, it is still one dog, and a lovely dog at that. His name is Cooper. God bless. :)

Last edited:
Jesus calls the Father the only true God. If He always was and always was God, how does this believe in one God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit"

I have believed in and loved Jesus as far back as my memory goes. Despite what some might state the foundation of the trinity as written is "mystery". I know Jesus and He knows me. I asked what I asked for understanding only on that doctrine and it was many years ago.
Great! Jesus helps us to know God well Randy, he declared Him to us. What is your take on Mat 4:10 sir?

If you look to the cross, you will see God's boundless love for all nations and all people.
But you cannot say that God is love, that it is intrinsic to his nature as John states, since your God needed to create man in order to love. This means he is deficient and cannot be the God of the Bible.

Trinitarians, however, understand that the Word was in an intimate, loving relationship with God for "eternity past," which fully agrees with John's statement that "God is love." It also agrees with these words of Jesus:

Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.
Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.
Joh 17:24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Joh 17:25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me.
Joh 17:26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.” (ESV)

Clearly, the Son has always existed and was in loving relationship with the Father (and the Holy Spirit). Truly then, God is love.

Look to Jesus, the saviour of the world. Believe in him, accept him into your heart and life, and be saved.
I know I'm saved, as I believe in the Jesus of the Bible, but thanks for your concern.

Great! Jesus helps us to know God well Randy, he declared Him to us. What is your take on Mat 4:10 sir?
My take is not to bow down in that context to others. The same type warning is given in REV not to bow down to the Beast.

Jesus was found worthy of honor, power and Glory forever. Those who love the Son are loved by the Father,

Rev 13
You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign b on the earth.”
11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12In a loud voice they were saying:
“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!”

Seems to differ for the Father
Rev 4:11
You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

My take One God the Father and One Lord Jesus Christ

Hi there, in brief people are saying, rainwater from the sky, is not the water in your tap, is not the water in your toilet. In this way one water is not the other water. To my mind water is water, whatever the appearance, taste, location, or time of its appearing, likewise for the one omnipresent God. But they say one is not the other. I did not know we had three gods with each one NOT being the other. To my mind, that is polytheism.

My love to your dog, mine is half springer spaniel and half poodle, and despite it being two, it is still one dog, and a lovely dog at that. His name is Cooper. God bless. :)
Why did you vote 'Other' in the poll?

No, In Him it did please "the Fullness" to dwell in Him. Jesus is "ALL" that the Father is . The imprint of Gods very being.
Hi Randy,

This is not a subject that I understand very well or even got into.

But here are some concepts I was considering as I read your post.

1. Jesus had to learn obedience
2. Jesus has a will
3. Jesus has his own spirit

4. There is much to be learned in what the Spirit, will, heart and soul are.

When I read your post the terms oneness theology came up. I was not sure what it meant so I looked it up and got a short taste.

I would not say that is my stance nor would I want to miss making a friend behind it if I disagree. 😊

To try some clothes on for a minute through my belief system

We know that Jesus was man truly man, yet God truly God

In the micro sense He was God because God was His Father and He was man because Mary was His mother.

Along the way He says: I always do what is pleasing to the Father and He never leaves me alone (dqm)

Another thing He says is My God My God why has thou forsaken me.

Well this is all I have for now...

All the fullness of the deity lives in Jesus. If you see water you don't see steam or ice but if you see the Son you have seen the one living in Him doing His work. Who Jesus identified as the Father.
I think the Father is living in Jesus and He and the Father are ONE.
John 17
I think that glory of "oneness" was given to Him by His Father.
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

The Spirit of the One who sent Him was on Him - The Spirit of your heavenly Father. The Fathers Spirit would have the Fathers nature. Deity, Eternal, Holy, Truth, The Spirit of God

What Jesus read from the scroll of Isaiah

The Year of the LORD’s Favor​

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,

Matt 10
“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Jesus speaks of that Spirit as another. The Father does NOT.

So clearly, the one living in Jesus, the Father, and the Fathers Spirit are the one and same DEITY.

😆 Tks for explaining

Hi Randy,

2. Jesus has a will

When I read your post the terms oneness theology came up. I was not sure what it meant so I looked it up and got a short taste.

I would not say that is my stance nor would I want to miss making a friend behind it if I disagree. 😊

In the micro sense He was God because God was His Father and He was man because Mary was His mother.

Along the way He says: I always do what is pleasing to the Father and He never leaves me alone (dqm)

I only believe in One true Deity. Jesus and His Father are different persons. Jesus stated whose Deity lives in Him. The testimony further states that all the fullness of the Deity "lives" in Jesus not that it is Him. He and the Father are One in that union. And Jesus is all that the Father is, God, for the Fathers fullness was pleased to dwell in Him. Col 1:19

Jesus is God because all the "fullness" of the Deity of the living God dwells/lives in Him. The Father
He is the imprint of Gods very being. Mighty God The image of the invisible God.
Jesus can and does perform the Fathers works that testify to that truth such as all things were made in Him, by Him, through Him and for Him. All things are held together in Him and sustained by His powerful word. It is through Him we live. It is lawful to call Him God. And unlike some others I think those who believe in a 3 person trinity are in a good spot not in any danger of judgment. But I know whose Deity lives in Him and by whose will that Deity was pleased to dwell in Jesus. The very one Jesus Himself calls His "God" and "His" Father.

Hi Randy,

2. Jesus has a will

Oh one more Ideal came to me. And you may hear me quote the late D Willard because He answered and agreed with many of my questions and thoughts.

Jesus said as you go to make of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost teaching them to observe all the things I commanded you and lo I would be with you until the end or to the work is done (dqm) don't quote me.

I only believe in One true Deity. Jesus and His Father are different persons. Jesus stated whose Deity lives in Him. The testimony further states that all the fullness of the Deity "lives" in Jesus not that it is Him. He and the Father are One in that union. And Jesus is all that the Father is, God, for the Fathers fullness was pleased to dwell in Him. Col 1:19

Jesus is God because all the "fullness" of the Deity of the living God dwells/lives in Him. The Father
He is the imprint of Gods very being. Mighty God The image of the invisible God.
Jesus can and does perform the Fathers works that testify to that truth such as all things were made in Him, by Him, through Him and for Him. All things are held together in Him and sustained by His powerful word. It is through Him we live. It is lawful to call Him God. And unlike some others I think those who believe in a 3 person trinity are in a good spot not in any danger of judgment. But I know whose Deity lives in Him and by whose will that Deity was pleased to dwell in Jesus. The very one Jesus Himself calls His "God" and "His" Father.
Tks Randy for the clarification, although as for me, the average lay person, I may not grasp it all. So you are not a Jesus only believer, and you don't judge that everyone that does not think like you is going to Hell. 😀

SO let me try to see if I understand your point as a student.

Are you saying that the Spirit is not part of what we have known as God expressing Or manifesting Himself as?

When Jesus says I will send you the comforter who will not speak of His own: that God did not manifest Himself in this way.

John 16
However when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come.

If I'm right give me my grade 😀
If I'm wrong explain to me as you would to a 4 year old.

If you have a spouse you call her "my" Spouse
As my father, my Spirit, my son.

I'm going to say something that sounds 🤪 crazy and maybe it's all in my head and no such thing.

As I was dating before I was married I met someone that I felt was me. When I looked it up of what It may be called, it did not come from a biblical source. So I left it alone.

We of course didn't look alike outwardly but there was something that seem like we were made up of the same inner stuff.

That person seemed to possess something I needed and could see that wasn't full grown or developed in me. And my guess was LOVE.

That's all just wanted to note 📝 that to see where that may fit later if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back