Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we honour the Son we honour the Father, there is no separate honour. ( only dishonour)

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Oh one more Ideal came to me. And you may hear me quote the late D Willard because He answered and agreed with many of my questions and thoughts.

Jesus said as you go to make of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost teaching them to observe all the things I commanded you and lo I would be with you until the end or to the work is done (dqm) don't quote me.

Tks Randy for the clarification, although as for me, the average lay person, I may not grasp it all. So you are not a Jesus only believer, and you don't judge that everyone that does not think like you is going to Hell. 😀

SO let me try to see if I understand your point as a student.

Are you saying that the Spirit is not part of what we have known as God expressing Or manifesting Himself as?

When Jesus says I will send you the comforter who will not speak of His own: that God did not manifest Himself in this way.

John 16
However when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come.

If I'm right give me my grade 😀
If I'm wrong explain to me as you would to a 4 year old.

If you have a spouse you call her "my" Spouse
As my father, my Spirit, my son.

I'm going to say something that sounds 🤪 crazy and maybe it's all in my head and no such thing.

As I was dating before I was married I met someone that I felt was me. When I looked it up of what It may be called, it did not come from a biblical source. So I left it alone.

We of course didn't look alike outwardly but there was something that seem like we were made up of the same inner stuff.

That person seemed to possess something I needed and could see that wasn't full grown or developed in me. And my guess was LOVE.

That's all just wanted to note 📝 that to see where that may fit later if it does.
To me there is but One God the Father and One Lord Jesus Christ.
As I have shown in this thread Jesus was anointed by the Spirit of the One who sent Him which according to Jesus's own testimony is the Father. The Fathers own Spirit would have the Fathers nature. "Deity" The spirit of a person knows the deeps thoughts of that person's mind and acts according to the will of that person. But it is not a separate person nor does the spirit have a separate distinct mind from the mind of the person.

They shall all be taught by God.
Those who listen and learn from the Father go to Jesus.
The Father is in heaven how then does one hear the Father? By His Spirit who only speaks what He hears and knows the deep thoughts of the mind of the Spirit.

The Fathers promise-In the last days I will pour out "My Spirit"
"another" to Jesus but NOT the Father
John 14
Jesus “If you love me, keep my commands. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

The Spirit does bear witness from what He hears not on His own but will remind us of what Jesus's witness testified to. So you have 3 witnesses, (Father, Son, Spirit) and they are of the one and same Deity of the Father. The Father, the Father living in the Son, and the Fathers Spirit or the Spirit of God.
John 15
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

Those who belong to God hear what He says, and it is the Father who glorifies His Son and His Spirit bears witness to the Son. Again -they shall all be taught by God.

The reason people do not believe or hear Gods witness in regard to the Son is because they do not belong to God.
No one states "Jesus is Lord" apart from the Holy Spirit.

So my creed, but even so my prayers are mostly centered on Jesus in my mind. I have heard from Him in answers to things asked via the Spirit and do know Him.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

My take is not to bow down in that context to others. The same type warning is given in REV not to bow down to the Beast.

Jesus was found worthy of honor, power and Glory forever. Those who love the Son are loved by the Father,

Rev 13
You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign b on the earth.”
11Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12In a loud voice they were saying:
“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!”

Seems to differ for the Father
Rev 4:11
You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

My take One God the Father and One Lord Jesus Christ
I am glad Randy, your take and my take are the same on what you have stated here sir.

To me there is but One God the Father and One Lord Jesus Christ.
As I have shown in this thread Jesus was anointed by the Spirit of the One who sent Him which according to Jesus's own testimony is the Father. The Fathers own Spirit would have the Fathers nature. "Deity" The spirit of a person knows the deeps thoughts of that person's mind and acts according to the will of that person. But it is not a separate person nor does the spirit have a separate distinct mind from the mind of the person.

They shall all be taught by God.
Those who listen and learn from the Father go to Jesus.
The Father is in heaven how then does one hear the Father? By His Spirit who only speaks what He hears and knows the deep thoughts of the mind of the Spirit.

The Fathers promise-In the last days I will pour out "My Spirit"
"another" to Jesus but NOT the Father
John 14
Jesus “If you love me, keep my commands. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

The Spirit does bear witness from what He hears not on His own but will remind us of what Jesus's witness testified to. So you have 3 witnesses, (Father, Son, Spirit) and they are of the one and same Deity of the Father. The Father, the Father living in the Son, and the Fathers Spirit or the Spirit of God.
John 15
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

Those who belong to God hear what He says, and it is the Father who glorifies His Son and His Spirit bears witness to the Son. Again -they shall all be taught by God.

The reason people do not believe or hear Gods witness in regard to the Son is because they do not belong to God.
No one states "Jesus is Lord" apart from the Holy Spirit.

So my creed, but even so my prayers are mostly centered on Jesus in my mind. I have heard from Him in answers to things asked via the Spirit and do know Him.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
Okeyy Dokey..
I will have to read it again and again to see what's the big deal.

I know that God has heard my prayers because He forgave me of my sins and gave me peace and Joy....

HERE'S A QUESTION FOR YOU RANDY
WHEN Jesus says Baptize them in the Name of the Father, Son, And Holy Ghost what does that mean to you.

I wanted to separate myself from things that were being said on the forum.
If they weren't specifically stated in the 3 other, very straightforward, options of the poll, then you shouldn't dishonestly skew the poll numbers.

If you believe that a trinity is not identified in Scripture, as you continue to support in all your posts throughout this thread, you need to vote that option. "Things that are being said on this forum" are not represented in the 3 options for this poll and shouldn't have any bearing on your vote.

You need to answer honestly and not skew the poll numbers unjustifiably.

Okeyy Dokey..
I will have to read it again and again to see what's the big deal.

I know that God has heard my prayers because He forgave me of my sins and gave me peace and Joy....

HERE'S A QUESTION FOR YOU RANDY
WHEN Jesus says Baptize them in the Name of the Father, Son, And Holy Ghost what does that mean to you.
You can't mistake this: The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Still only one deity as in name not names. According to Jesus it was the Father living in Him doing His work. According to Jesus the Spirit only speaks what He hears not on His own. According to Jesus those who listen and learn from the Father come to Him. According to Jesus it was revealed to Peter that Jesus was the Christ the Son of God by the Father not man. Father, Son and Spirit bear witness.

If they weren't specifically stated in the 3 other, very straightforward, options of the poll, then you shouldn't dishonestly skew the poll numbers.

If you believe that a trinity is not identified in Scripture, as you continue to support in all your posts throughout this thread, you need to vote that option. "Things that are being said on this forum" are not represented in the 3 options for this poll and shouldn't have any bearing on your vote.

You need to answer honestly and not skew the poll numbers unjustifiably.
You misunderstand. Of course the Trinity is supported in scripture. With the omnipresent One God, all things are possible, and simply put, the word 'not' denies His greatness.

There is one Lord, Randy and all need to figure that one out, and there is one throne, of God and the Lamb, one Spirit, all is Jesus Christ. ( He is Lord above all.)

Because there is one throne, one Spirit, one Lord, those on the thread wont ever find any identities (separations) as there aren't any. The servants who serve Him, ( God who is the Lamb) reveals all. The name in our foreheads ( the face we see) is that of Jesus Christ. no other name, no other face.

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

There is one Lord, Randy and all need to figure that one out, and there is one throne, of God and the Lamb, one Spirit, all is Jesus Christ. ( He is Lord above all.)

Because there is one throne, one Spirit, one Lord, those on the thread wont ever find any identities (separations) as there aren't any. The servants who serve Him, ( God who is the Lamb) reveals all. The name in our foreheads ( the face we see) is that of Jesus Christ. no other name, no other face.

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Jesus and I have this in common. We have the one and same God. From what you posted the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father,

Whose throne?
And according to this we will have a place on Jesus's throne.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

And we will have authority over the nations.

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations27that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’ —just as I have received authority from my Father

Why does a coeternal coequal person of the God head have a need to receive authority?

If Jesus always was and always was God how did He become the Son who has a God and Father?
Whose Deity lives in Jesus?
The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
From the Will of another
In Him it did please all the fullness to dwell. So I believe and state Jesus is all that the Father is. God, and there is a union between Father and Son in that One Deity. They are one.

I believe the mind of the Spirit is the Mind of the Father and do not view the Spirit as having a distinct mind and will from the Father as another person. But that it is the Fathers Spirit and therefore has the Fathers nature "Deity" The Spirit of God.

Jesus and I have this in common. We have the one and same God. From what you posted the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father,
If you have something in common with Jesus, then you like Jesus know, only He knows the Father, nobody else knows, and He knows because He is the same. ( is Him)

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Whose throne?
And according to this we will have a place on Jesus's throne.
To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.
Yes we become one in Christ:

There is equality with the Son and the Father as we read, the Son is in the Father, the Father is in the Son..

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

1. Why does a coeternal coequal person of the God head have a need to receive authority?

2. If Jesus always was and always was God how did He become the Son who has a God and Father?

3.Whose Deity lives in Jesus?
4.The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

From the Will of another
5. In Him it did please all the fullness to dwell. So I believe and state Jesus is all that the Father is. God, and there is a union between Father and Son in that One Deity. They are one.
1/2. Jesus left the glory of heaven and returned to it, that is leaving his place to receive authority again.

The throne of glory is that of Christ, of no other.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

3. Whose deity lives in the Father. ( Jesus Christ)

The same deity lives in the Son. ( the Father/Jesus Christ.)

4. How do you think the Son cant speak words of Himself, or that the Son speaks words of the Father, because that is who He is.

Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5. The fullness of the Father is the fulness of the Son in us too.

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Randy and others, if you think your discussion somehow is wisdom, continue, but it is nothing at all to do with Christ and Him crucified, so I know it wont be shown to be wisdom at all. ( the wisdom of God, not the world, is preaching of Christ crucified.)

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

2 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Every one joined to forums picks a topic they think is good to talk about for years non stop, it is no excuse for not leaving all of that vanity behind and to begin the walk instead. ( leaving all to follow Christ)

If you have something in common with Jesus, then you like Jesus know, only He knows the Father, nobody else knows, and He knows because He is the same. ( is Him)

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
So?
Jesus has a God or you don't believe "Him". You have heard this saying, "Save it for the Judge"

I know where and from whom Jesus received from in regard to what He has made known to us from "Him". The Father

Randy and others, if you think your discussion somehow is wisdom, continue, but it is nothing at all to do with Christ and Him crucified, so I know it wont be shown to be wisdom at all. ( the wisdom of God, not the world, is preaching of Christ crucified.)

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

2 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
Do you not do the same things?
I only answered your reply to me.

We are not speaking of the world or about the world or wisdom that came from the "world"
Those who belong to God hear what God says. The world doesn't know God.
Jesus was before the world began.
In Him all the fullness of the Deity was pleased to dwell.
It is the Father living in Him unless you don't "Believe Him"
He is all that the Father is.

1/2. Jesus left the glory of heaven and returned to it, that is leaving his place to receive authority again.

The throne of glory is that of Christ, of no other.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

3. Whose deity lives in the Father. ( Jesus Christ)

The same deity lives in the Son. ( the Father/Jesus Christ.)

4. How do you think the Son cant speak words of Himself, or that the Son speaks words of the Father, because that is who He is.

Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5. The fullness of the Father is the fulness of the Son in us too.

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
We have been given the glory of oneness not the fullness of the Godhead. We have fullness in Christ.
Otherwise you could do the Fathers works. Rebuke any storms lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back