Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isa 48:16- Draw near to me, hear this: from the beginning I have not spoken in secret,
from the time it came to be I have been there.”
And now Jehovah God has sent me and his spirit.

The Greek has "the God" contrasted to "Godlike".
No, there is nothing "Godlike" in the text. In understanding John 1:1 we must remember that there was, is, and will ever be only one God; no other God or god, lesser or otherwise.

The only meaning that makes consistent sense of 1:1c, is that John means the Word was in nature God, but not the Father. The only way he could have expressed this is just how he expressed it--he avoided confusing the Word with the Father, yet stated that the Word is of the same nature as the Father.

We also cannot interpret John 1:1 apart from 1:3, from which we understand that the Word has always existed. It logically cannot be otherwise. So, that leaves very little room for understanding, since only God has always existed; that is essential to his nature. John 1:3 affirms and is consistent with what John wrote in 1:1c.

No 'Holy Ghost'.
Which is irrelevant at this point. I have already stated, twice, that the whole point of John's prologue is to show who the Word is.

And that goes with the REST of the Bible- especially John.
What does?

John 20:28 .... ὁ κύριός μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου
O Kurios mu kai O Theos mu - The LORD of me and The GOD of me

How does YESHUA respond to Thomas calling Him The LORD and The GOD of him?

29 YESHUA saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Spirit hath made you overseers, to feed the Ekklesia of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood.

Last edited:
314865226_190732716781661_6422345961292964730_n.jpg

Genesis 1:1-2, " In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

John 1:1-3, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

It is a little difficult, conceptually, to understand the triune God, but these verses clearly show that God exists in three "persons".

Genesis 1:1-2, " In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

John 1:1-3, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

It is a little difficult, conceptually, to understand the triune God, but these verses clearly show that God exists in three "persons".
PLEASE! HOW SO!

PLEASE! HOW SO!
Genesis 1:1, " In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
John 1:1-3, " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

Now, if you accept the Bible as being true and not contradictory, it says that God created the heavens and the earth and through the Word (Jesus) all things were made (and without him nothing was made). So how does one reconcile this seeming difference? Jesus and God are two manifestations of one deity.

John 4:24 says "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” So, God is spirit and Jesus is the "word", the embodiment or reality of that spirit. That is what Jesus meant when He said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

The Holy Spirit is the third manifestation of the Trinity. He is the spirit that has been sent by the Father -- the spiritual God -- to be our guide. The Father has sent a part of Himself to dwell within us. (He is also the part of the Trinity who caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus).

Matthew wrote that Jesus said, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". Matthew 28:19 (There are some legalists who discuss this verse in terms of water baptism, but they are missing the point.) People are to be immersed in the character of the Trinity, the three-in-one Godhead.

Mark 13:11 describes this indwelling Holy Spirit manifestation, "Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit."

Luke also describes others filled with the Holy Spirit, e.g., Simeon, Zechariah, John the Baptizer, and others. God gave them a part of Himself and He gives us that part of Himself also! Luke 11:13, "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” God dwells within us!!!

The triune Godhead is also explained in Acts 5:31-32, "God exalted him [Jesus] to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins. We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

These are not easy concepts to understand, but they are absolutely fundamental to understanding the three manifestations of God, or more properly, the triune Godhead.

Now, if you accept the Bible as being true and not contradictory, it says that God created the heavens and the earth and through the Word (Jesus) all things were made (and without him nothing was made). So how does one reconcile this seeming difference? Jesus and God are two manifestations of one deity.
Only if you under the Church Spell.
Jehovah (his Name FOREVER, remember) didn't reveal his only-begotten son (God was NEVER only-begat) till much later.
He created all things THROUGH His son.
That's another word that Trinnies can't define: "THROUGH"!

Only if you under the Church Spell.
Jehovah (his Name FOREVER, remember) didn't reveal his only-begotten son (God was NEVER only-begat) till much later.
He created all things THROUGH His son.
That's another word that Trinnies can't define: "THROUGH"!
Since you live in Florida I assume you can express yourself in more understandable English.

a) What does "Only if you under the Church Spell" mean?

b) "Jehovah (his Name FOREVER, remember) didn't reveal his only-begotten son (God was NEVER only-begat) till much later." What is this supposed to prove?

c) "He created all things THROUGH His son" is correct.

d) "That's another word that Trinnies can't define: "THROUGH"! 1) What is a "Trinnie"? Someone who believes in the Trinity of the Bible? 2) If you don't understand what creating something through another means, that is not my problem.

God is spirit. Jesus is the realization of that spirit-person. He (Jesus) was the person who created everything that is visible and tangible. Romans 1:20, "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." That explains God's essence quite well. John 1:3, "Through him [Jesus] all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." explains Jesus' role as the creator-being.

Now if you want to have a serious discussion, fine, let's have one. If you want to be oppositional, contrary and/or stupid, I am not interested and will put you on ignore.

Since you live in Florida I assume you can express yourself in more understandable English.

a) What does "Only if you under the Church Spell" mean?
Being under the influence of church dogma.
b) "Jehovah (his Name FOREVER, remember) didn't reveal his only-begotten son (God was NEVER only-begat) till much later." What is this supposed to prove?
That is is not Jesus or a 'Trinity'.
c) "He created all things THROUGH His son" is correct.
Yes
d) "That's another word that Trinnies can't define: "THROUGH"! 1) What is a "Trinnie"? Someone who believes in the Trinity of the Bible? 2) If you don't understand what creating something through another means, that is not my problem.
LOLOLO!
God is spirit. Jesus is the realization of that spirit-person. He (Jesus) was the person who created everything that is visible and tangible. Romans 1:20, "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." That explains God's essence quite well. John 1:3, "Through him [Jesus] all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." explains Jesus' role as the creator-being.

Now if you want to have a serious discussion, fine, let's have one. If you want to be oppositional, contrary and/or stupid, I am not interested and will put you on ignore.
That's what I'm here for; most just want to hurl stupid church dogma at me and expect me to BELIEVE it!

That's what I'm here for; most just want to hurl stupid church dogma at me and expect me to BELIEVE it!
Again, if you want to have a serious discussion, fine, let's have one. If you want to be oppositional, contrary and/or stupid, I am not interested and will put you on ignore. Last chance!

What it all boils down to is that there is no teaching of the trinity concept anywhere in the Bible.

I have searched the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation for years. It doesn't exist.

What it all boils down to is that there is no teaching of the trinity concept anywhere in the Bible.

I have searched the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation for years. It doesn't exist.
Jesus said in John 14:26, "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all that I have said to you." The Trinity concept in one verse!

Jesus said in John 14:26, "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all that I have said to you." The Trinity concept in one verse!
Not even close.

That verse doesn't "teach" a trinity concept at all.

And you are hoping nobody will notice John 14:21-23 where Jesus demonstrates that HE is the Holy Spirit.

"He that hath My Commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: ... and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him. ... If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him and WE will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

And Romans 8:9-11 that fully confirms this.

"... ye are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His."

Trinity concept dashed in the same chapter as your proof text.

I have searched the Scriptures for years and have found that it does exist. The early church believed the foundations of the Trinity existed, precisely because it is implicitly taught in Scripture, with the deity of Jesus being quite explicitly taught.

Not even close.

And you are hoping nobody will notice John 14:21-23 where Jesus demonstrates that HE is the Holy Spirit.

"He that hath My Commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me: ... and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him. ... If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him and WE will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
Jesus is not at all the Holy Spirit. Look, just earlier:

Joh 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
Joh 14:17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. (ESV)

So, in that same discourse, Jesus clearly says that the Holy Spirit is "another Helper," which means the Holy Spirit is distinct from Jesus. That is confirmed all throughout the NT, including:

Mat 3:16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him;
Mat 3:17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” (ESV)

Mat 12:28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
Mat 12:29 Or how can someone enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house.
Mat 12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.
Mat 12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. (ESV)

Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (ESV)

1Pe 1:2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. (ESV)

"... ye are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His."
That just speaks of the closeness, the intimacy of the Holy Spirit to both the Father and the Son. But it is never even implied that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one and the same.

Not at all. It is actually affirmed.

Not even close.

John 14:21-23, "They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me, and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." If you really think that says that "Jesus demonstrates that HE is the Holy Spirit",

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back