Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about instead of just saying something is rubbish (in violation of the ToS), you actually try and show where you think the errors are. There are quite a number of points I’ve made throughout the discussion that you haven’t addressed.
Read my signature. Everything people need to know about the deity of Jesus is there.

Read my signature. Everything people need to know about the deity of Jesus is there.
I don’t care about your signature. Why not engage in respectful discussion by answering questions and addressing points rather than ignoring everything you can’t answer and calling it rubbish?

Please be reasonable, and let’s work together to reconcile our understanding to what the scriptures actually and truthfully say, not what we are trying to make them say.

Please, can we do this?

Here is the scripture you quoted, Colossians 1:19 as well as some surrounding context.

The first thing I see is the word deity is not mentioned.
(as in a deity)

The word God is mentioned; In this context God refers to the Supreme God of creation. Not a god or deity.

Next we see this statement:

• For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth

Jesus, the Son, created all things in heaven and on earth:

Hebrews 1:8-10
Zechariah 12:1
John 1:1-3
Colossians 1:16

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross. Colossians 1:15-20

Jesus the Son is God, the One who created the heavens and the earth.

JLB
My outlook will never change. As I testified I know from above, "The Firstborn of all creation", interpretation is that Jesus is Gods Firstborn and has always been the Son. God has made me a rock in this. Yes, It certainly would be much easier to state what you state. Believe me I know. But I prefer truth. If you think all have the "same Spirit" then how do you qualify 3 distinict persons?

I asked you before, Jesus calls the the Father the only true God. If He always was and always was God how does this believe in One God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit MY SPIRIT"

Hello Free.
This is good. Would you agree that our Lord didn't excercise his full authority in judgement as God during his ministry?
I agree but that wasn’t his purpose (John 3:14-17).

Personally, I believe what Paul meant is that our God emptied himself of the wrath he has toward people who sin against him.
The whole point of Paul’s passage in Phil 2:5-8, is that Jesus’s example of humility is to be emulated by his followers. Notice that Paul contrasts Jesus being “in the form of God” with being in “the form of a servant,” “the likeness of men,” and “human form.”

The “emptying” of Jesus then is one of state, a change of the mode of existence. It doesn’t mean that anything of his being God was given up, since God cannot cease to be God. I don’t see how the argument that “God emptied himself of the wrath he has toward people who sin against him” can be sustained. God’s wrath is only satisfied because of Christ’s work on the cross, and even then that work is only applied to those who believe. Jesus will return in judgement and to carry out the wrath of God on those who don’t believe.

This is the reason Jesus could only be God.
I don’t understand your point here or how this follows from what you stated.

I don’t care about your signature. Why not engage in respectful discussion by answering questions and addressing points rather than ignoring everything you can’t answer and calling it rubbish?
You should care about my signature. it is scripture, but you only choose what suits you. I have been talking to you for years, yet you ignore it. The evidence is there. You skip over the scripture in my signature, and you even ignore the Trinity diagram that tells of One God. Can you not understand that the Father who is spirit and therefore invisible became visible on earth. That is who Jesus is. He is the Father made visible, and if you deny Jesus you deny the Father also. That is not a wise thing to do. It is committing eternal suicide.

You should care about my signature. it is scripture, but you only choose what suits you. I have been talking to you for years, yet you ignore it. The evidence is there. You skip over the scripture in my signature, and you even ignore the Trinity diagram that tells of One God. Can you not understand that the Father who is spirit and therefore invisible became visible on earth. That is who Jesus is. He is the Father made visible, and if you deny Jesus you deny the Father also. That is not a wise thing to do. It is committing eternal suicide.
I searched to see if what you said was true and found error.
I john 2:23
Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also

Yours- Perhaps you can update to show the complete truth?

Beware of saying the Son "is not" the Father because those who deny the Son have not the Father.

Conditional receipt therefore those who deny the Son receive nothing. Neither Father nor Son
John
But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God

It is the Fathers Spirit sent in "Jesus's name"
Fathers Promise

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
John 15:26
“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
As Jesus stated, "The Fathers" promise
Acts 2:17
New International Version
17 “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams

Luke 24:49
Revised Standard Version
49 And behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you; but stay in the city, until you are clothed with power from on high.”

This discussion goes on and on and on! God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all part of the one Godhead. That is what the Bible clearly says.

Great post! See my post #1268, immediately above.

My outlook will never change. As I testified I know from above, "The Firstborn of all creation", interpretation is that Jesus is Gods Firstborn and has always been the Son. God has made me a rock in this. Yes, It certainly would be much easier to state what you state. Believe me I know. But I prefer truth. If you think all have the "same Spirit" then how do you qualify 3 distinict persons?

I asked you before, Jesus calls the the Father the only true God. If He always was and always was God how does this believe in One God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit MY SPIRIT"

There is no doubt the Father is in authority in any family.

Of course as a man, Jesus would indeed refer to God the Father as the only true God.

Jesus became flesh.
Jesus became a little lower than (lesser than) the angels.

What I asked you is this —

• can you see that Jesus Christ is God, from these scriptures? (Not God the Father, but the Son; God the Son.)

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
Isaiah 43:3

Yes or No, do you agree with these scripture that plainly say Jesus is God and Savior, not “deity” but God and Savior?

JLB

There can be focus on just who is the Son.
But the message given in this greeting hasn't changed.
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is no doubt the Father is in authority in any family.

Of course as a man, Jesus would indeed refer to God the Father as the only true God.

Jesus became flesh.
Jesus became a little lower than (lesser than) the angels.

• can you see that Jesus Christ is God, from these scriptures? (Not God the Father, but the Son; God the Son.)

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

Yes or No, do you agree with these scripture that plainly say Jesus is God and Savior, not “deity” but God and Savior?

JLB
I stated to you what I believe. Why do you want me to state it again?
Jesus has a God and Father.
My God doesn't.

You should care about my signature.
I can't even see it.

it is scripture, but you only choose what suits you.
Any further personal attacks will result in being banned from this thread.

I have been talking to you for years, yet you ignore it.
And, yet, throughout this discussion I have addressed everything you have put to me and you have yet to address much of what I have put to you. We disagree, but that doesn't mean I am ignoring anything.

you even ignore the Trinity diagram that tells of One God.
No, I have explained the diagram to you numerous times and repeatedly stated that there is only one God, as the doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms.

Can you not understand that the Father who is spirit and therefore invisible became visible on earth.
Not one single verse states that it was the Father who came to earth. Jesus himself repeatedly states that the Father sent him. The Father sent the Son. This is even clearly stated in the most well known verse in the Bible:

Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Additionally:

Joh 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
Joh 5:23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
Joh 14:24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

Joh 15:21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me.

Joh 16:27 for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.
Joh 16:28 I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father.”
Joh 16:29 His disciples said, “Ah, now you are speaking plainly and not using figurative speech!
Joh 16:30 Now we know that you know all things and do not need anyone to question you; this is why we believe that you came from God.”
Joh 16:31 Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe?
Joh 16:32 Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me.

(All ESV.)

That is who Jesus is. He is the Father made visible,
He certainly is not, as the above verses, and numerous others, show. He is the eternal Son of God made visible, sent by the Father.

and if you deny Jesus you deny the Father also. That is not a wise thing to do. It is committing eternal suicide.
I'm not denying Jesus at all. I am secure in knowing I have both the Father and the Son.

I stated to you what I believe. Why do you want me to state it again?
Jesus has a God and Father.
My God doesn't.

You have stated things about some “deity”, when the scriptures you posted does not mention “deity”.

Question: can you see that Jesus Christ is God, from these scriptures?

If you don’t believe Jesus is God, then please state what you believe He is:

Angel?
Human?
Other?
Don’t know?

JLB

I looked at your signature. The issue is that you are begging the question by presuming that "God" is referring to the Father. Numerous passages, such as those I just gave, and particularly John 1:1 and Phil 2:5-8, clearly show that it was God the Son who took on human flesh, absolutely not the Father. They are two distinct persons and always have been. That is what God reveals to us in the Bible.

I'm not. Perhaps you need to look at who is calling whose post "rubbish." Better yet, maybe try contributing positively to the discussion and avoid needless personal remarks such as this.
I have contributed often to this discussion.

"The whole point of Paul’s passage in Phil 2:5-8, is that Jesus’s example of humility is to be emulated by his followers." You wrote this earlier. Just sayin'

You have stated things about some “deity”, when the scriptures you posted does not mention “deity”.

Question: can you see that Jesus Christ is God, from these scriptures?

If you don’t believe Jesus is God, then please state what you believe He is:

Angel?
Human?
Other?
Don’t know?

JLB
The Son ; The Firstborn
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
John 1:18 - the only begotten God https://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/1-18.htm
If you asked me if Jesus is Deity I wouldn't state to you Deity isn't found scripture. I would state the fullness of Deity was pleased to live or dwell in Him and the Son is the image of that Deity. Col 1:19 Gifted and from the will of another.
If you asked me if the Father is Deity I would state yes.

Deity =Divinity or God - Gods fullness dwells in Jesus He is the image of that God, The glory of that radiance of that God and the very imprint of that Gods being.

So is Jesus God?
He never dies
Yes, He is all that the Father is
No, He has always been the Son.

I looked at your signature. The issue is that you are begging the question by presuming that "God" is referring to the Father. Numerous passages, such as those I just gave, and particularly John 1:1 and Phil 2:5-8, clearly show that it was God the Son who took on human flesh, absolutely not the Father. They are two distinct persons and always have been. That is what God reveals to us in the Bible.
Two distinct persons. God the Son and God the Father. I always thought there was only One God. The thing is, because there is only one God, if you deny God on earth, you deny God in heaven because God is One. What the Son does the Father does. It is unwise to deny God with us, the only one who can save us from our sins which are many. Be careful what you say Free, the Holy Spirit is ever present and even counts the hairs on our head. He knows our everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back