Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Tongues

Second, it was stated that “true tongues were never spoken after Pentecost.†Interesting conclusion. But that only leaves another question unanswered.

“Why would the Lord promise it to generations to come?†(if indeed it ceased)

It shall happen again

Mark 13:9 "But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake,, for a testimony against them."

Mark 13:9 "But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them."

Mark 13:10 "And the gospel must first be published among all nations."

Mark 13:11 "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."

It shall happen again

Mark 13:9 "But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake,, for a testimony against them."

Mark 13:9 "But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them."

Mark 13:10 "And the gospel must first be published among all nations."

Mark 13:11 "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."

Okay, I'm lost on this reply. Enlighten me.

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

from OP

We can read this prophecy in Joel 2:28-32. These sons and daughters shall speak in a cloven tongue, as recorded in Acts 2:6; meaning that the language that they shall speak in will need no interpreter, for every one that hears will hear in their native tongue of the dialect of the neighborhood they grew up in. This is the way that the gospel will go forth in the last days, for it is the evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit. These sons and daughters will speak, as stated in Mark 13:11, but whatsoever words they do speak in that hour, it will be the Holy Spirit that speaks through them.

The problem... when are the last days?

Speculating last days events as if they were now is a little risky. Nobody knows when, the bible is clear on that. It gives you a bit of an idea but similar events foretold in the scriptures may also occur many years from now. Who knows it may be a hundred years away or more. It could be now but it may not be too.

???
No, it will all take place again.:study Acts was the prophecy of Joel 2 & (both the false & the True) Acts 3:19's times of refreshing & the actual blotting 'out' of sin has not been totally FINISHED yet. We find in Rev. 22:12-14 that when Christ returned, it will already be determined between the Saved & the Lost, for He brings His reward with Him, and the Blessed are they who have been Obedient to His 10 Commandments! (compare Eccl. 12:13-14)

Even the Born Again have only the Earnest down Payment of the Holy Spirit. (2 Cor. 1:22 + 2 Cor. 5:5's Earnest)

And when Christ comes again, He brings His reward of being saved or lost.

And the time/frame?? Surely we see many today reacting as the ones of both Out Pourings of the Holy Spirit as we speak. And Matt. 24:21 cannot be missed by these ones.

And as we see time finishing up, we need to realize that most are TRUELY LOST BROADWAY ones, and even amongst the 'elect' we still find the Acts 5 Ananias & Sapphira class of non/open sinners who God Himself will remove so as for us all to know that we are in a serious time!

--Elijah

@Elijah while I know there are many pointers and I deep down suspect we may be in the last days 50% of me says no.

This concerns me-

1 Thessalonians 5

The Day of the Lord

1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Why does it concern me? Because everyone is on edge at the moment expecting it. It troubles me in that there is world wide apprehension of major events now. If Jesus came today most people would be expecting it! That is why I personally think it might be further away yet.

I thought the bible said in a couple of places it will be more of an unexpected surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tongues were to cease, I Cor.13:8. A careful search will show that when the last apostle died and the last person having received the laying on of hands from an apostle died, tongues had fulfilled their purpose and were no more. If not perhaps a scripture teaching otherwise may be offered.

The gifts signify that the message of salvation heard and obeyed is the correct message. False message of salvation= No gifts.

We now had the completed scripture which they did not have then. Today we are to study the scripture and rightliy divide it that we be not ashamed, II Tim.2:15. When this is done we know whether a message is true or false.

Elijah while i know there are many pointers and I deep down suspect we may be in the last days 50% of me says no.

This concerns me-

1 Thessalonians 5

The Day of the Lord

1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,†destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Why does it concern me? Because everyone is on edge at the moment expecting it. It troubles me in that there is world wide apprehension of major events now. If Jesus came today most people would be expecting it! That is why I personally think it might be further away yet.

I thought the bible said in a couple of places it will be more of an unexpected surprise.

All true in 1 Thess. 5:1-3, yet verse 4-5 says that that is not us! And your observation of people as a whole expecting it? as 'i' see it is flawed!;)

If people as a whole expected Christ would come very soon, do you really believe that we would not see the mess that EARTH is in cleaned up??? At least a 'suggested' reform would find some belief???? And about all that you are hearing
this from so far of Christian's at present, are mostly thought of as weird! (or worse!;)) Matt. 10:25

Now there are things that are to take some time (but not much!) to take place for the 666 to be applied. Yet, even this is to force the worlds type of 'c'hristianity to appease what they call an angry 'g'od to stop the removal of the Holy Ghost from Earth, persay. And as old Israel were clueless as to Christ being there then, only a few will benefit the Latter Rain.

And if you read Matt. 24:21 on, you will find that the false christ being on earth doing many miracles in verse 24 will test even the 'very elect'. So where are these ones looking?

--Elijah

Matthew 24:21 is in conjunction to the answer to the disciples question about the destruction of the temple NOT the end of the world!

@elijah

All true in 1 Thess. 5:1-3, yet verse 4-5 says that that is not us! And your observation of people as a whole expecting it? as 'i' see it is flawed!;)
lol

View attachment 2086

If people as a whole expected Christ would come very soon, do you really believe that we would not see the mess that EARTH is in cleaned up??? At least a 'suggested' reform would find some belief???? And about all that you are hearing
this from so far of Christian's at present, are mostly thought of as weird! (or worse!;)) Matt. 10:25

Now there are things that are to take some time (but not much!) to take place for the 666 to be applied. Yet, even this is to force the worlds type of 'c'hristianity to appease what they call an angry 'g'od to stop the removal of the Holy Ghost from Earth, persay. And as old Israel were clueless as to Christ being there then, only a few will benefit the Latter Rain.

And if you read Matt. 24:21 on, you will find that the false christ being on earth doing many miracles in verse 24 will test even the 'very elect'. So where are these ones looking?

If you want to see concerned people look outside your own faith to other people in the world, heaps of people are apprehensive something major is going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthew 24:21 is in conjunction to the answer to the disciples question about the destruction of the temple NOT the end of the world!

Not very many even of 'professed' Christians agree with your post of 'only' 70AD's time.:thumbsup (thank God!)
And surely not Elijah

@elijah

All true in 1 Thess. 5:1-3, yet verse 4-5 says that that is not us! And your observation of people as a whole expecting it? as 'i' see it is flawed!;) lol I meant people world wide are concerned because of all the recent unusual events.

I didn't just mean Christ's return. Lots of non Christians are concerned about something brewing.

View attachment 2367

If you want to see concerned people look outside your own faith to other people in the world, heaps of people are apprehensive something major is going to happen.

As 'i' see it, through two accepted great errors of satan (Gen. 3 + Dan. 7:25) the Rev. 17:1-5 who most all have taught immortality of the soul at death + sunday sacredness and are already united as per Christ's Word of Matt. 6:24, and will find also the false tongue teaching an very important tool for satan's use to wrape up his evil work. (that of spiritualism 2 Thess. 2:9-12's strong delusion)

How a person who is a real Christian could believe another person's interpretating of something that they said that they did not know, and that which came out of their mouth, is beyond me. With James 2:10 being violated in these two above accounts of Gen. 3 & Dan. 7:25.

And personally?? 'i' see the verses of Rom. 13 ones 'misunderstood' & putting Caesar over and above God, (flags & all of the emotional hoopla) and these lovers of excitement (emotion) false tongues ones + the ones from Matt. 24:21 on and preterists ones along with mother rome havinggreat satanic success as documented there on! Even with near deception of the 'elect!'

--Elijah

Dear Elijah, even if you should be right about majority believe, majority belief matters not, its what the Bible teaches that matters.

Dear Elijah, even if you should be right about majority believe, majority belief matters not, its what the Bible teaches that matters.

????? Dear one of few words, that was the---->>> point! Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16 + Isa. 28:10

--Elijah

Another day, another "opinion"

"Another prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled is the speaking of true tongues,Im not talking about the babble that's going on today in some churches,rather as per the below scriptures.

"But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them. "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost."

This passage, of course has NOTHING to do with "tongues", and is better understood as "Prophetic utterance" - i.e. sharing forth a WORD from God in the "Common tongue". Where you'd get "Tongues" from this is totally mysterious to me.

"When this time comes into being in the very near future, it will not be the elect of God that does the speaking, but the Holy Spirit speaking in and through the mouths of His elect.

True, although the "time" came millennia ago - and it has been manifested MANY TIMES over the centuries when Men Spoke that which they received from the Holy Spirit - at the times when it was needed.

The rest of the post is "fanciful speculation", and creative foolishness which I won't bother with, except to say that there are many cases on record of folks:

Speaking in one language, and being heard in another, and sometimes several others.

Speaking in a tongue which was UNDERSTOOD by somebody there present, AND the Gift of interpretation being manifested and agreeing with the "Translation of the tongue" supplied by the one who understood it.

Speaking in a tongue that was understood by NOBODY present, and interpreted in the power of the Holy Spirit in the common tongue.

SO your CLAIM that "Real tongues" haven't been manifested is simply untrue.

arent yah glad that they are real pentacostal churches that teach the truth.

i am. raised in that.

Well I wasn't "Raised" in it (since Dad was Catholic and Mom was Baptist) we didn't HAVE a Church home, and I got tangled up with the Pentecostals in '63 or so after I was saved in '62 as a result of a Baptist outreach. SO I was AoG from 63-'73 - and then was Baptized in the Spirit in the FGBMFI in '73, and rejoined the AoG in '90 where I still am.

I've seen two "Odd versions" of "tongues teachings" lately -

This one (which IS "Creative"), and another that claims that "tongues" are NOT "other languages" at all, but the "Common tongue" expressing "Spiritual truths" which can only be "Spiritually understood" - through the "Gift of interpretation".

Back