Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

True Acts 2:38 Christians will not go through the Great Tribulation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION]:

So what's the difference between the body of Christ and the church?

Ephesians 1: 'the church, which is His body'.

Blessings.

Blessings.

There is no difference between the body of Christ and the Church. :)

jew?
gentile?

Blessings.

jew?
gentile?

Those who were from a Jewish background and from a Gentile background but converted to Christ are first and foremost Christians, comprising the chuch, the body of Christ.

Blessings.

Blessings.

jew?
gentile?

Those who were from a Jewish background and from a Gentile background but converted to Christ are first and foremost Christians, comprising the chuch, the body of Christ.

Blessings.

@faruok :)

For me those questions are answered by background.

Don't answer to me, what I think is not important. This is a question I was asked that made me really think. Among a few others.

Are you are gentile, little g? The question does not have to do with genetics or national abode.

Re: As a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are not members of the body of Christ which is the church of God.. their entire citizenship consisted of the seemingly endless ordinances under the dispensation of the Law and the Prophets etc..
Dear brother, the law was not given for at least three hundred or more years after Jacob if I've got it right before the law was given. For instance James 2:23 we're told: "the scripture was fulfilled which said, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him for righteousness." Grace has always been grace even back to Adam and Eve for salvation. My thoughts.

Yes I know, I was just speaking generally. I'll be more careful.

Amazing stuff folks.. and it's all been told over and over again from the beginning.

Amen brother. Most people don't know the Bible as a story well enough to recognize that it actually repeats itself over and over. Only the details change, but the theme remains constant. I believe keeping the Bible in most cases first and foremost as a story is what allows scriptures to remain living and active.

Grace and Peace.

This is one of the greatest things that I was ever taught in my younger days.. The thematic study of the scriptures.. Just letting the story tell the story and highlighting key points etc.

The holy scriptures truly are miraculous in this way.

the mentioning of grace here has me posting these thoughts.

1) premise one. grace then was a bit different then. a sodomite didn't get much mercy. when god was merciful to isreal and they returned to the torah. the sodomites died.its possible , however that some did repent but when the torah was done there was no means given for the sodomites to repent. the same with adultery and rapists and so forth of any of the commands of death.compared to the cross where we can punish them for a crime but they could be offered the mercy and grace by the church and repent. the death penalty in isreal and so forth implies a total separation from gods people. an excommunication if you will.

2)grace is only mentioned in one verse and with one man. noah. while im sure it did exist then but well its a good thing to ponder.

3) all things in the torah and earlier with the noahides were shadows of the cross. its work with grace supercede all things earlier.

Don't thank me thank Jesus Christ who warns us not to follow after these false Christs:

Luke 21:8

King James Version (KJV)

NO, I thank you. In my few 15 years in the Word of God, I have yet to hear of these False Angel Christ running around telling everyone of a Fly away belief in the Pre-trib. I am boarding up my windows as I type this, being grateful that these False Angel Christ are only going to try to confuse people about some pre-trib.

We all got to be aware of this Pre-trib Doctrine, it will send you straight to the fires of Hell, where you will roast!!!!

You keep getting this message out, warn people about flying away!!! What a doomed world we live in....... Oh my..................

Mike.

I guess Jesus didn't get your memo.

Joh_6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Resurrection is on the last Day when Jesus returns at the end of the age, not 7 years before the last Day.

The Resurrection happens before the Rapture.

Raise Him up on the Last Day of "WHAT" JLB???????? You can do better than this. I expect more from you than this............ We get our new body in this resurrection. What day is that? You have to take your arguments to the point you know they can't be questioned.

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Day of the Lord...................... Day of the Lord Jesus Christ

1Co_5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

2Co_1:14 As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1Co_1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

OUR LORD JLB!!!! Not Day of the Lord ............................ I know you don't see the difference, even though they are two different days.

The Day of OUR LORD for those that have been given the name of Jesus, the name above all names, the Lords Anointed.......

V.S

The Day of the Lord.................................................

Both end something, one is darkness, one is judgment for the Wicked. The other is for us, the Church, the anointed of God. The day of Christ, the day of our Lord Jesus.

Normally, this would be all the information a second grader would need to know the Rapture is not BEFORE the tribulation.

So before you go into your 2nd Grade stuff...................... Make good in sure you know that I can't bring something else that can possibly make sense. You can do better than this, you should know the pre-trib doctrine inside and out, be prepared unlike some of these other people posting here. I expect more from you!!!!

2nd Grade............... My monkey's behind.........2nd grade.....................

Now you got my goats................. I want em back!!!!! Wait, the wife has the rest of them from this morning............. Oh my, an empty pen!!!!!!!

Your working with my wife............ I know it.

Mike.

Re: A marriage made in heaven...

Revelation 19 does show The Lord coming to earth, although it also shows us the marriage of the Lamb to His wife prior to His coming. The Lamb's wife is His glorious church which He shall present to Himself.

Sorry for not responding sooner. A lot of stuff has been going on and I haven't been online much (see the Prayer Request section for more details).

Although I haven't been able to spend as much time on this as I would have liked, I have done some word searches but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Since it seems to be a key item in what you're saying, could you show me the verse or verses that show that the Gentile church, and not Israel, is the bride? I couldn't find any verses that actually define who the bride is.

I will be out of town and mainly offline for a while. If you PM me a link to your reply, I'll be able to find it and answer it when I get back.

so that means the apostles wont be married with the church. oops they were all jewish! and much of the early church.

so that means the apostles wont be married with the church. oops they were all jewish! and much of the early church.

If I'm understanding Eventide correctly, he's saying that the Gentile church is the bride, and not Jews. I say just the opposite. I believe that Israel is the bride and Gentile Christians are "those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb" (Rev. 19:9).

Since the bride has been brought up, something to think on. At midnight (the middle of the week), they that were ready (all believers in heaven) went in with Jesus to the marriage and the door was shut (Mt 25:1-13). Will all be the bride? John the Baptist put it this way in John 3:29, He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend (John) of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

If I'm understanding Eventide correctly, he's saying that the Gentile church is the bride, and not Jews. I say just the opposite. I believe that Israel is the bride and Gentile Christians are "those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb" (Rev. 19:9).

uhm I believe that its both. all who are saved. paul was a jew,thus he cant be a church member, a jew is part of what nation? isreal! if that is to be then we have a problem.

what does isreal of god in galatians mean? for the record I am a jewish believer. and CANNOT be counted outside of this
my brethren It is my desire that isreal should be as I..

paul believe that the rapture would occur in his day. "we that are alive.." if paul teached one faith , one hope and one body. why would he then say that its two marriages? or this isreal thing and church thing. he wasn't a gentile! neither am I! the nation of isreal in futurism does what? sees the messiah and does what? confesses jesus is messiah. john says that one is antichrist if one does the opposite. if one confess the jesus died on the cross and that he is our messiah then doesn't that make them what?

a Christian, a follower of Christ. by saying that jesus is the moshiac then they also must conclude that he is also LORD, he died for them at the cross. isn't any of these three something a gentile sinner or jewish sinner must do? confess that jesus is lord!?

You have to take your arguments to the point you know they can't be questioned.

No, I tried that. You invented that secret Greek female noun special code teaching that makes the word of God say the opposite.

So now the rapture of the Church comes before Jesus returns to Rapture the Church, AND BEFORE the tribulation of the days the sun will be darkened...

That is an amazing teaching Brother Mike, you can make the word of God say anything you want, amazing!!!

JLB

No, I tried that. You invented that secret Greek female noun special code teaching that makes the word of God say the opposite.

So we are holding grudge now?? Wife is still mad from this morning, and now you.

So now the rapture of the Church comes before Jesus returns to Rapture the Church, AND BEFORE the tribulation of the days the sun will be darkened...

This makes complete sense to me :) I don't know how you sorted it, but it makes sense.

That is an amazing teaching Brother Mike, you can make the word of God say anything you want, amazing!!!

No, I took one Greek word that you want to mean run away from the truth, and gave the two compounds that make the Word. I also took the time to define what the Word actually means. There is nothing in the Word Apostasia that means error from truth or anything close to that. The Word means "Leaving a previous standing position" It's like their cousins Divorce and separate. Same Greek compound words.

As with all Greek female nouns, you now have to define what it left, from where it was previous at. They Apostasia (Forsakes) Moses teachings. They had been with Moses teachings at one time but left them. It can't really be this hard, can it?

If you don't believe me, go look it up with Google. Here is someone that looks at all the views of the Word.

http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/view/a-defense-of-the-rapture-in-2-thessalonians-23

As you can see, I am not the only one that sees the word to mean what it means.

Mike.

Re: A marriage made in heaven...

Revelation 19 does show The Lord coming to earth, although it also shows us the marriage of the Lamb to His wife prior to His coming. The Lamb's wife is His glorious church which He shall present to Himself.

Sorry for not responding sooner. A lot of stuff has been going on and I haven't been online much (see the Prayer Request section for more details).

Although I haven't been able to spend as much time on this as I would have liked, I have done some word searches but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Since it seems to be a key item in what you're saying, could you show me the verse or verses that show that the Gentile church, and not Israel, is the bride? I couldn't find any verses that actually define who the bride is.

I will be out of town and mainly offline for a while. If you PM me a link to your reply, I'll be able to find it and answer it when I get back.

I'm a bit short on time myself here so here's the quick answer.

Eph 5:

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

That's Ephesians 5... but wait, there's more.

The story in Genesis 24 is the real affirmation imo. If we look at the sequence of these stories we get a glimpse of the whole story... Gen 22 is Abraham taking his only begotten son Isaac to the mountain where he is to be sacrificed. This is clearly a picture of the Lord providing Himself a Lamb.. when our LORD offered Himself without spot for the sin of the world. Gen 23 then tells us about Sarah's death... clearly a picture of Israel being cut off after their continued rejection of Christ.. Gen 24 is where Abraham sends his eldest servant to find a bride for his only begotten son, to comfort Isaac after the death of Sarah his mother.. this is the Holy Spirit being sent at Pentecost.

THEN we have Gen 25 which is Abraham married again and producing much offspring.

The stories tell the story.. this is called thematic study of the scriptures and it's miraculous in telling us the story, even from the beginning. For in the volume of the book it is written of Me says the LORD.

I hope this helps.

uhm I believe that its both. all who are saved. paul was a jew,thus he cant be a church member, a jew is part of what nation? isreal! if that is to be then we have a problem.

what does isreal of god in galatians mean? for the record I am a jewish believer. and CANNOT be counted outside of this
Paul says in Acts 22:3, I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

But in Christ, Galatians 3:28 tells us there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Being of the Church brings Paul the zealous Jew unto an inheritance Israel as a nation will not enter. Notice the crown Paul will be given; are any of Israel that are not a part of
the Church promised such? Is Israel’s kingdom to be on earth or heaven? Who will reign with Christ in heaven for a thousand years?

2Ti 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Well now, that doesn't come out quite right does it? :) Regardless of the different doctrines there remains the question: how are the twenty-four elders of Rev 4:4 and four beasts or living ones of Rev 4:6 caught up and present with Jesus in heaven prior to the tribulation? Is it possible He comes in the air just before Rev 4:1 because John sees them there when he arrives?

Eventide

Israel is very special to God.. they're His earthly people who were justified by faith long before the LORD walked this earth. They're all the elect, just as the church of God is the elect in Christ.

Do you think that only Jew's make up Israel?

Israel's blindness will remain until the fulness of the Gentiles come in... THEN shall the Deliverer come from Sion and turn ungodliness from JACOB...

If so, are you saying that there are no Christian Jew's,as they are blinded?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back