Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Understanding Mary - Mother of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So Elizabeth is declaring her fealty to a fetus?

A foetus who was God incanate.
Don't forget Elizabeth had already declared her fealty to God.
She was, along with Zecharia, "righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless." (Lk 1:6). And when she spoke she had been "filled with the Holy Spirit" at the sound of Mary's greeting. Even the child in Elizabeth's womb "leaped in her womb".

She was, along with Zecharia, "righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless." (Lk 1:6). And when she spoke she had been "filled with the Holy Spirit" at the sound of Mary's greeting. Even the child in Elizabeth's womb "leaped in her womb".
You wrote this earlier: She doesn't address Mary as the mother of my Lord that I will one day recognise as my Lord and my God." Therefore, according to your own words, she recognized the fetus in Mary's womb as her Lord..

I once wrote a spoof guide for Catholics debating with Protestants (though with some truth in it).
The first point was:
1. Catholics are wrong. There is no need to justify this truism, we just have to accept it and move on.
I have not claimed you to be wrong. I may have a different point of view or understanding, or belief but I usually, can't say always, stop short of declaring another as wrong.

Elizibeth was carrying John the Baptist, and mary had Jesus inside of her....both of them knew who they had. The Holy Spirit was alrready on the job, just not for the general public yet. But I fully believe that Elizibeth spoke correctly and knew it when she said the Mother of my Lord.

You wrote this earlier: She doesn't address Mary as the mother of my Lord that I will one day recognise as my Lord and my God." Therefore, according to your own words, she recognized the fetus in Mary's womb as her Lord..
Where did I suggest otherwise?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back