Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Universe shouldn't exist

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You think there's that much hyperbole in the bible?
Uh...I'm'a not digesting that well.

so what are these verses telling us?

Sorry Ed you'll need to research that for yourself. Maybe you can do that and present to me the many times Jesus used hyprebole.

No, don't get the wrong idea, I'm trying to understand the truth, but what is it here? I hesitate to think that word of God has passages that do not mean anything. I'll consider that perhaps it is not to be taken literally, but hen how is it to be taken brother?

I think the opposite is the norm Jeff. A Christian will argue against evolution because they think it attacks faith. Genesis is written as witness that we have a God who is the Creator of everything and He alone is responsible; but the method of creation isn't said. I'm not sure why many Christians are challenged by the thought of evolution. Oh I neither accept the complete Darwinian evolution model nor reject it out of hand.

The method of creation is said.

Let all the earth fear the Lord;
let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood firm.
(PS. 33:8-9 ESV)
God spoke the world into existance. This is the same as the creation account itself says. Each thing comes into being when "God said..." (Gen. 1:3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24)

The TOG​

No, don't get the wrong idea, I'm trying to understand the truth, but what is it here? I hesitate to think that word of God has passages that do not mean anything. I'll consider that perhaps it is not to be taken literally, but hen how is it to be taken brother?

Search the scriptures and find out. TBH I've seen so many similar requests from you Ed that I wonder if you do.

The method of creation is said.

Let all the earth fear the Lord;
let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood firm.
(PS. 33:8-9 ESV)
God spoke the world into existance. This is the same as the creation account itself says. Each thing comes into being when "God said..." (Gen. 1:3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24)

The TOG​

Ok TOG. Can you describe for me what the mechanics of Yahweh speaking "God said" looks like ?

Wonder if i what? Search the scriptures? Sure i do. I admit this stuff sounds weird, and that I consider the possibility of it being the truth...you seem to be outright rejecting any notion of the sort. I understand the gut reaction to it, but...I don't understand the rejecting the consideration if it is not literal, then considering what it really means?

Maybe it's not true! Ok, assuming that...then what else could it mean?

Ok TOG. Can you describe for me what the mechanics of Yahweh speaking "God said" looks like ?

No, I can't tell you what speech "looks like". I prefer to hear speech rather than see it. And since God doesn't have a body like ours, I don't know the "mechanics" of it. Are you implying that God doesn't speak?

The TOG​

Wonder if i what? Search the scriptures? Sure i do. I admit this stuff sounds weird, and that I consider the possibility of it being the truth...you seem to be outright rejecting any notion of the sort. I understand the gut reaction to it, but...I don't understand the rejecting the consideration if it is not literal, then considering what it really means?

Maybe it's not true! Ok, assuming that...then what else could it mean?

Do you believe stones can talk ?

No, I can't tell you what speech "looks like". I prefer to hear speech rather than see it. And since God doesn't have a body like ours, I don't know the "mechanics" of it. Are you implying that God doesn't speak?

The TOG​

No I'm not implying Yahweh doesn't speak but that we don't understand what speaking Creation into existence means. When Yahweh said " let the Earth bring forth living creature after its kind" what do you think that means mechanically ?

Do you believe stones can talk ?

i don't know brother. I'm saying that, that is what the scriptures seem to be saying. The notion of it sounds very weird, agreed. So I'm asking you, since stones can't talk, what do you think this means?

i don't know brother. I'm saying that, that is what the scriptures seem to be saying. The notion of it sounds very weird, agreed. So I'm asking you, since stones can't talk, what do you think this means?

It means that Jesus was saying He was the Christ ( Messiah ) and nothing can dispute that. He used stones as hyperbole because it seems some people may think someone else may dispute this. There's not much argument that a stone might be the epitomy of the lowest voice aka hyperbole. I really don't get why you're debating this except for a deliberate purpose.

Do you think that the Lord could make a stone talk, if He chose to?

No I don't believe Jesus would make a stone talk especially since He didn't put His spirit in stones.

Please don't sympathise with withches.

No I'm not implying Yahweh doesn't speak but that we don't understand what speaking Creation into existence means. When Yahweh said " let the Earth bring forth living creature after its kind" what do you think that means mechanically ?

Sorry... I seem to have misunderstood you. I'm not quite perfect yet, so that happens every now and then. Of course, none of us were there, so all we can say is what we believe to be true. I can't prove any of this, but I can give you my understanding. Although it's not a perfect analogy, you can imagine it as being a father talking to an obedient child. The father says "Go do your homework", and the child immediately obeys and does his home work. He doesnt' wait till the next day. If the father says "Clean your room", the child immediately goes and cleans his room. He doesn't wait till next week. Well... Many children would wait until next week, but I'm sure you understand where I'm going. When God said "Light, be!" (a literal translation of the Hebrew), then light was, it didn't wait. When God told the land and water to separate from each other, they obeyed and separated immediately. They didn't wait for millions of years. When He spoke the animals into existance, they immediately obeyed and came into existance. They didn't wait for billions of years before they obeyed God.

The TOG​

Why am i debating it? i just asked what you thought of it brother. Please don't get frustrated about it. There's no need for that. :)

Blessings brother.

A deliberate purpose? Do you think I'm trying to make you mad or something? That's not true. I was just talking. people too thin skinned sometimes. there's no conspiracy here brother, lol. forgive me if i made you mad. Such was not my intent.

Last edited:
Sorry... I seem to have misunderstood you. I'm not quite perfect yet, so that happens every now and then. Of course, none of us were there, so all we can say is what we believe to be true. I can't prove any of this, but I can give you my understanding. Although it's not a perfect analogy, you can imagine it as being a father talking to an obedient child. The father says "Go do your homework", and the child immediately obeys and does his home work. He doesnt' wait till the next day. If the father says "Clean your room", the child immediately goes and cleans his room. He doesn't wait till next week. Well... Many children would wait until next week, but I'm sure you understand where I'm going. When God said "Light, be!" (a literal translation of the Hebrew), then light was, it didn't wait. When God told the land and water to separate from each other, they obeyed and separated immediately. They didn't wait for millions of years. When He spoke the animals into existance, they immediately obeyed and came into existance. They didn't wait for billions of years before they obeyed God.

The TOG​

Ok this seems to imply you think elements have cognizance is that right ?

When He spoke the animals into existance, they immediately obeyed and came into existance.

This part is very interesting. Do you suggest these animals existed before they were created ?

The TOG​

I'm with you on that. i think that god is so powerful, that when he spoke with intent, it happened, just like that, literally.

Why am i debating it? i just asked what you thought of it brother. Please don't get frustrated about it. There's no need for that. :)

Blessings brother.

A deliberate purpose? Do you think I'm trying to make you mad or something? That's not true. I was just talking. people too thin skinned sometimes. there's no conspiracy here brother, lol. forgive me if i made you mad. Such was not my intent.

Oh I'm not mad Ed just dissapoointed after so many discussions the same result is achieved. I think it's Biblical to brush you off after this :biggrin Are you offended ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back